EDITOR: Regarding the Big Cut Mine fiasco and government lies concerning same, it’s time for a few facts about the matter.
1. The story about Webber Creek out of the bright blue sky becoming suddenly and mysteriously polluted: a lie.
2. Gold mining: there are no gold trammels or sluice boxes set up, which are needed for mining. I know this for a fact.
3. The late Tom Smith mined on that property for years before Clint Donoven bought it.
4. More than a few government agents have been caught illegally trespassing on the property. They have annoyed three of the house and storage units without warrants or permission.
5. These are just good people trying to bring much-needed jobs to the area and for this they are hounded. Give me a break.
I know these things to be facts; I have been on this property for 23-plus years.