EDITOR: Regarding the Big Cut Mine fiasco and government lies concerning same, it’s time for a few facts about the matter.
We will be switching to a new online subscription service on Tuesday, August 5th. If you are already a subscriber with login access to MtDemocrat.com you will need to re-register under the new service. This will not affect your bill. Please take the time today to click "Subscriber Verification" to verify your subscription with us and continue your access to MtDemocrat.com before the new service takes over.
We apologize for the temporary inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience and continued support while we make this transition.
- Mountain Democrat
1. The story about Webber Creek out of the bright blue sky becoming suddenly and mysteriously polluted: a lie.
2. Gold mining: there are no gold trammels or sluice boxes set up, which are needed for mining. I know this for a fact.
3. The late Tom Smith mined on that property for years before Clint Donoven bought it.
4. More than a few government agents have been caught illegally trespassing on the property. They have annoyed three of the house and storage units without warrants or permission.
5. These are just good people trying to bring much-needed jobs to the area and for this they are hounded. Give me a break.
I know these things to be facts; I have been on this property for 23-plus years.