Comcast

In response to the letter written about Comcast’s signal problems last week I would like to say that I, too, have been experiencing the same trouble with my system. I chatted with Comcast customer service and a tech will be visiting me on Monday, March 11. I told them of the previous letter in the paper. She was not able to help me with what I think is a systemic problem as she is only able to address individual problems with customers. If anyone else is having the same problems I suggest you contact Comcast. Perhaps if they get a enough input they will have their people look into how their system is preforming. If they can’t, I see a dish in my future.

JOHN POPE
Placerville

• CherylMarch 10, 2013 - 1:24 pm

FYI - A friend of mine who has had numerous problems with comcast and no signal, no service, but still being charged was up off of Country Club Drive. Just in case it is same area and you can have that info.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMarch 10, 2013 - 10:58 pm

I have three friends here in my neighborhood that Comcast and they are okay--no problems...maybe its just a few. Curious--sorry some of having trouble.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMarch 10, 2013 - 11:18 pm

another item our Advisory council didnt share...We will move on with planning for a GCBC meeting in Pollock Pines, El Dorado County, in May. The theme of that meeting will by “From the Pony Express to Broadband.” It should be a fun meeting in a beautiful location. Stay tuned for the exact date and other information. Brought to you by: http://goldcountryconsortium.wordpress.com/

• francescaduchamp@att.netMarch 10, 2013 - 11:25 pm

Some of these ideas are wonderful--too bad they were hidden behind manipulation. Not sure about Comcast...medicine, textbooks...technology needs better internet. I can hear the voices of strangers at are not manipulated meetings now "Broadband" This is why Mr. Ward said to forget Marshall...soon all you will need is an smart phone to connect to your doctor...well Comcast wake-up...ATT--what happen? Schools need bundles to run the textbooks...or the e readers will not do WiFi--the apps will just be placed on the child s reader.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMarch 10, 2013 - 11:30 pm

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21134540/vp/50582822#50582822 Very good video--would have liked to have seen it before people decided to "take charge" of my community and our collective decisions.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMarch 10, 2013 - 11:53 pm

http://www.caltelehealth.org/about-ctn CTN’s mission is to promote advanced information technologies and services to improve access to high quality healthcare focusing on medically underserved and rural Californians. The CTN is the product of an unprecedented statewide coalition of healthcare, technology, government, and other stakeholders, that drafted a proposal in spring 2007 to the Federal Communications Commission. Under the FCC’s Rural Health Care Pilot Program – with the goal of significantly increasing access to acute, primary and preventive health care in rural America – the FCC will provide California with up to $22.1 million over three years. Additional funds for the CTN have been provided by the California Emerging Technology Fund, and UnitedHealth/PacifiCare.

• MarciaMarch 11, 2013 - 8:39 am

I have had problems recently with reception. I live in Apple Hill. I have called Comcast one time and they tried something and if that didn't work, call and we'll try something else. Well, I am going to make a call today to set up an appointment for them to come out. Stay tuned. I certainly would like to know who and where others are having problems so to "help" Comcast conclude something positive. Other than reception problems of recent, we have had no problems with Comcast and we have everything and then some with them.

• CherylMarch 11, 2013 - 9:04 am

I have bundled service with them. Direct TV is not an option because there is no line of sight due to so many trees. AT&T is not available to me as I was told "they didn't have enough spaces", so I am pretty much stuck with Comcast. They came out one day, knew I was home because I said Hi to the guy, fiddled with the lines cutting of my service for phone and internet. I came in the house to use the computer and no service, ran outside as truck was leaving and was too late to catch the guy. When I called Comcast they made me make an appt. for 4 days later! It was their fault! No credit offered. Friend of mine had service on and off, mostly off, for 3 months, promised her credit and then turned her in to a collection agence because THEY never applied credits. They are horrible and not just in El Dorado county.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMarch 11, 2013 - 10:51 am

well again im sorry to hear the problems..im by the library--just asked the new neighbors--no problems yet...im in pollock by the library...I dont have television set up with cable--my grandson uses it for videos...im not big on television...so I dont know about Comcast. I use simple high speed for the phone and the net. My at&t seems find for a land line. I do not have DSL. Ill keep asking neighbors :) I know my friends have had to change away from dishes--the trees are blocking their signals.

• Marcia KernanMarch 11, 2013 - 11:44 am

I called and have an appointment tomorrow. I will definitely NOT let the guy go until it's either fixed or he needs to come back with new equipment. I, too, was promised if the tech doesn't show up on time or at all, I get a $20 credit and 3 mths of free HBO...or something like that. Tomorrow is another day.

• CherylMarch 11, 2013 - 2:49 pm

Fran, no cable?? You are missing Downton Abbey!!

• francescaduchamp@att.netMarch 11, 2013 - 4:15 pm

yep--and I heard it was good...

• cookie65March 12, 2013 - 12:47 pm

Cheryl, did directv tell you there is no line-of-sight? You only need a couple of feet of clearing and many times that can be gained by installing a poll in a spot where there is line of sight. The dish doesn't need to attached to your house.

• CherylMarch 12, 2013 - 2:11 pm

Yes Cookie, direct TV could not find a line of sight. This was a few years ago. We are in Pollock Pines right smack in Sherwood Forest. Had to laugh when AT&T told us they didn't have enough spaces for us to use them. What the heck???

• Marcia KernanMarch 12, 2013 - 2:44 pm

Comcast update....Had them here yesterday only to learn the problem is bigger than our home environment. In the end, the problem appears to be in the main line....moisture is the suspect. Trouble is now to find it. There are 3 Comcast trucks buzzing around here as I know of 4 individual homes that are having similar problems. Comcast has responded well. Now, to fix the problem quickly.

• DeeDeeMarch 12, 2013 - 9:38 pm

In Camino Heights and ours is fragmenting and colors are turning dark. Thought my television was going out but have talk to many others who say their comcast is doing the same thing. From Camino up to Pollock Pines.

• Marcia KernanMarch 13, 2013 - 8:19 am

Clearly, it appears Comcast has a huge issue to deal with. With that, for what little I have seen the tv this morning, fragmenting has not shown up. However, I cannot access On Demand but working on that. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMarch 13, 2013 - 8:29 am

Im sorry to hear that--I myself am a big reader--lots of books surround me. I always have books and mags in my car (just in case--always forget water...lololol...but I remember the reading materials) I love spending time on the comp---I read here as well--sometimes I listen to audio books as im looking up and tagging things to read later. lololol...However--I also watch some "TV" programs on the comp. If you put any show in your address bar--it will take you to their site...and they may have a few episodes that you may watch for free...I like things that make me laugh. Worth a try while you wait. Good luck.

No quick fix for California’s highways

By Letters to the Editor | From Page: A5, 1 Comment