Wednesday, April 16, 2014

D’Agostini vs. John Garon

EDITOR: Both Sheriff John D’Agostini and John Garon are highly educated men, but John Garon is known as an educated idiot. No common sense. He uses a little statistics and a lot of his personal opinion, which is the idiot part.

I know he was in the CIA and stationed in countries where they had no constitution so if he can brainwash the American people into going along with his psychologies to change or get rid of the Constitution he gets personal gratitude from this.

Best stick with the good sheriff whose words backing the Constitution stand.

John Garon must have had his fingers crossed when he took the CIA oath to uphold the Constitution or maybe not. I don’t know his interpretation of it, but with his logic and adding words that aren’t written, it is probably distorted.

I believe he listened to Rush or watched FOX news long enough to know they don’t go along with his opinion. He talks about the NRA, which his distorted, educated brain that doesn’t use common sense can’t separate fact from fiction so he blames them for everything. Uses Brady and such propaganda reports instead of FBI and DOJ reports that the good sheriff who is very well mentally balanced uses for his statics.

D’Agostini wins by a land slide. Good job, sheriff.

JOE GRAY

Kelsey

• James E.February 01, 2013 - 12:03 pm

Mr. Gray, Mr. Garon was not in the CIA, instead the State Department. This goof brings into question the remainder of your letter. It is interesting, however, that you have the expertise to evaluate the mental balance of Mr. Garon and the Sheriff. Psychiatrist are you? Finally, you note that both are highly educated men -- please give us the educational vita for the Sheriff.

• MorrisFebruary 01, 2013 - 1:53 pm

QUOTE: 'He uses a little statistics and a lot of his personal opinion, which is the idiot part.' The Mr. Gray doth protest too much. (Emphasis mine. 'Gentleman' omitted)

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 03, 2013 - 10:41 am

Morris, James - Surely you will admit to a few GRAY areas?

• James E.February 03, 2013 - 10:58 am

Nothing is all black and white, so there are always GRAY areas -- GRAY areas, as in Joe GRAY, good one Phil. Hey, know what happens today? SUPER BOWL!!!

• James E.February 03, 2013 - 11:12 am

Chris Kyle former Navy Seal, with 150 confirmed kills as a sniper (a record) in Iraq and Afghanistan, was shot and killed yesterday at a gun range in Texas. A suspect is being sought -- said to be highly trained with military experience. I present no pro or con gun moral here, just the news.

• James E.February 03, 2013 - 11:19 am

Latest: Suspect has been found and arrested. No details other than his name.

• cookie65February 04, 2013 - 10:16 am

Some silly putty and the born loser cartoon in the sunday paper are all that is required to create a john garon and those like him.

• Paddy O'furnitureFebruary 04, 2013 - 11:23 am

Cookie, I agree, however, some of these folks like Garon are not born losers; they've worked hard to become one.

• cookie65February 04, 2013 - 11:36 am

Paddy O', you are almost quoting Benjamin Franklin. -"We are all born ignorant but one must work hard to remain stupid". Is garon that old that Ben knew him? Some of the things that are recorded thru history lets me know that every generation has suffered some elements of stupidity. We are no exception. Only now we have modern technology and the union run schools to assist in the spreading of stupidity.

• RichardFebruary 04, 2013 - 12:48 pm

Chris Kyle and his friend were killed. Chris Kyle’s military record was exceptional, among his many awards were: 2 Silver Stars, 5 Bronze Stars w/combat V and 3 Purple Hearts.

• RichardFebruary 04, 2013 - 1:41 pm

I was a hunter before and after I went in the military as was my entire law enforcement family. The NRA has changed, by opposing any and all regulation of firearms, no matter how reasonable; the NRA represents gun manufacturers and nut-cakes, not responsible gun owners. Hunters don't need Assault Rifles to hunt a living animal - they take careful aim and try to put the animal down with a well placed single shot, so they do not need a 10/30 round clip. Background checks don’t bother real hunters at gun shows. Hunters don't need an NRA that takes these hysterical nonsensical positions . . . but apparently "gun punks”do. Joe Gray, Screw your NRA:

• MorrisFebruary 04, 2013 - 4:17 pm

No irony lost on the fact that the National Rifle Association (and many of its members, it seems) devotes most of its resources and energies toward a product that isn't.

• EvelynFebruary 04, 2013 - 1:46 pm

Richard says, "The NRA . . . [opposes] any and all regulation of firearms, no matter how reasonable." Having not studied the NRA, a question for anyone better acquainted than myself. Is Richard correct?

• Paddy O'furnitureFebruary 04, 2013 - 2:48 pm

In case anyone was unaware, Richurd has a frothing hatred for the NRA, and thus an agenda to discredit them. Perhaps he tried to get a job there and failed the drug test. Reader beware.

• MikeFebruary 04, 2013 - 2:56 pm

For Sale: Rocket POGO STICK in good condition, P-40 Model $99.00 7-773-984-3672

• cookie65February 04, 2013 - 3:02 pm

Evelyn, I will attempt to decipher Richards 'my way or the highway' position on the NRA and gun control. As far as I am aware the NRA does not support any 'current' legislation. Richard uses the word 'reasonable', we differ on that point. All of the current legislation is aimed at the 2nd Amendment rights of responsible law abiding citizens. It does nothing to the criminals as we already have thousands of laws regarding them and guns. He continually uses the 'hunters' argument which is nothing more than an attempt to revise history. The NRA has not always opposed legislation regarding guns, but what Richard fails to mention in his 'the NRA has changed' talking point is that the left in this country has also changed. And the threat they pose to the 2nd Amendment is greater today than ever. We have all observed how the left chips away at freedom and their desire to chip away at the 2nd Amendment is no less than their desire to socialize healthcare. Ponder these questions. Does planned parenthood oppose and reasonable restrictions on abortion? Does the sierra club oppose any reasonable and responsible mining or drilling of our natural resources? Of course they do. Why? "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

• EvelynFebruary 04, 2013 - 3:05 pm

Richard and James have both mentioned the death of former Navy Seal Chris Kyle. Elsewhere it says Kyle was shot in the back by a deranged vet, Eddie Ray Routh, at a Texas gun range. - - Reportedly Chris Kyle was counseling this deranged vet who was suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and, as a part of his treatment, was taken to the gun range. For what, to fire off some guns in an attempt to trigger a flashback, where thereafter the three would sit down and talk about it? This stinks to high heaven. Chris Kyle was adamantly pro 2nd Amendment. He also had deep ties within the government ... . ********** (James: Pls advise whether this source is right-wing, left-wing, some-other-wing.)

• EvelynFebruary 04, 2013 - 3:08 pm

Apologies. James is right. I'm over-exercised (or something like that!) - HERE is the link for the above.

• EvelynFebruary 04, 2013 - 3:10 pm

Mike: I may have a buyer for your pogo stick. No questions asked!!!

• Dink LaneFebruary 04, 2013 - 3:10 pm

QUESTION: Where in the CONSTITUTION does is say that "Tracing the history of a gun" infringes the 'right to bear arms'?

• James E.February 04, 2013 - 3:11 pm

Evelyn, reference the shooting of the Navy Seal. From your comment I cannot tell the source. But, from reading your comment, the suggestion is that someone (the government?) set up the killing so as to kill the Seal who was for the 2nd Amendment. Another conspiracy?

• EvelynFebruary 04, 2013 - 3:15 pm

Thanks, cookie. Not wanting to inflame Jame's notion that you, Dee & I somehow are forming an insidious cabal, and recalling that yesterday my leftist propensity got me stretched out on the equator 'til death us do part, I'll say no more!!!

• EvelynFebruary 04, 2013 - 3:18 pm

Welcome back from the dentist, James. Dunno about the conspiracy. But of all the people on this forum, you probably are the best informed about Operation Northwoods.

• James E.February 04, 2013 - 3:32 pm

Evelyn, at the time of Northwoods I was a Second Lieutenant -- Second Lieutenants are not allowed in conspiracies.

• EvelynFebruary 04, 2013 - 3:39 pm

Spoken like a true lawyer, James. "I was too young to know anything; anything I learned subsequently, I still was too young." And, of course, you would have been way too young for NSC 10/2. So, knowing nothing, most nonsense can be dismissed as "conspiracy".

• James E.February 04, 2013 - 3:51 pm

Geeze Evelyn, when 10/2 was born I was 11 years old. Covert operations are compartmented. Only those with a need to know are allowed into the compartment. If I wasn't in the compartment, I have no knowledge. This is the reason the generals were "unhappy" with me -- they wanted to know the secrets, but they weren't in the compartment. I said no, and they then proceeded to bite off my face (but they never got the secrets). Could I be excused to make some coffee? Thank you.

• DB SmithFebruary 04, 2013 - 4:03 pm

Colonel, your online voice seems to be lisping a little bit so you're probably still drooling from the effects of the novacaine. I wouldn't drink any hot coffee for a while. Have a cold beer instead.

• EvelynFebruary 04, 2013 - 4:34 pm

FOR THE RECORD: Operation Northwoods was a series of false-flag proposals that originated within the United States government in 1962 that called for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or other operatives, to commit perceived acts of terrorism in U.S. cities and elsewhere. Several other proposals were included within Operation Northwoods, including real or simulated actions against various U.S. military and civilian targets. - HERE. ********** (Of course, better sense prevailed and no such covert actions -- treasonous CONSPIRACIES -- ever have been carried out in this sovereign nation.)

• RichardFebruary 04, 2013 - 6:01 pm

Out of respect I posted Chris Kyle's exceptional military accomplishments. Predictably, the right wing with complete disregard for the young sailor having been killed or his family, post their hysterical nonsensical position on a conspiracy.

• MikeFebruary 04, 2013 - 6:18 pm

Evelyn, after reading your numerous post's, I don't think you would want my 1950 Rocket POGO STICK, it’s a left handed one.

• EvelynFebruary 04, 2013 - 6:18 pm

Richard: Thank you for remembering Chris Kyle. You will want to watch THIS video, "Chris Kyle on gun violence, gun control". Perhaps after watching it you would like to comment on Chris' position on the 2nd Amendment and gun rights. I disagree that honoring the truth he expressed is any kind of -wing. The truth is simply that: THE TRUTH.

• EvelynFebruary 04, 2013 - 6:20 pm

Good one, Mike!

• EvelynFebruary 04, 2013 - 6:35 pm

Richard/James: Do you consider Chris Kyle a "right-wing nut"? I have transcribed the first minute of his interview, posted above. Chris Kyle's words: I don’t know where he’s going, but he’s definitely against the 2nd Amendment, and he’s trying to ban everything, so……… Good luck, ‘cause I’ve talked to a bunch of cops and Secret Service guys. They’re not going to go to anyone’s house, especially if they have guns. They don’t want to be knocking on doors. You start putting these bans in fact, these people don’t know anything about the guns, then you start thinking, “Who needs 30-round magazines?” Really? That’s just opening the doors, then you start taking more of our rights.

• cookie monsterFebruary 04, 2013 - 6:38 pm

"I believe he listened to Rush or watched FOX news long enough to know they don’t go along with his opinion." you say this like its a bad thing.

• Keith BernstjenFebruary 04, 2013 - 6:42 pm

Kind of looks like cookie and paddy are one and the same, doesn't it? Two trolls in one!

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 04, 2013 - 7:44 pm

Was the Cuban missle crisis part of operation north woods?

• EvelynFebruary 04, 2013 - 8:28 pm

No, definitely not. (In case you're wondering, that's a serious answer.)

• R.J. CarterFebruary 04, 2013 - 8:44 pm

I sure hope the Cuban missile crisis wasn't some sort of Operation Northwood hoax....I'd hate to think that mountain of spam and canned heat my parents stacked in our hall closet back in 1962 was all for nothing....Probably was...Back then we just did anything JFK told us to do....Strange times....Anyway, that was over 50 years ago, so can someone explain why the hell can't I buy a Cuba cigar in my local market.???? ...We already forgave North Vietnam, so whats the deal with Cuba???

• robertdnollFebruary 04, 2013 - 9:16 pm

RJ,on the porch any given Saturday afternoon,sssshhhhh

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 04, 2013 - 9:24 pm

Are any of these Northwoods events? Which by date? - LINK - Historical Events for Year 1962

• EvelynFebruary 04, 2013 - 9:41 pm

Phil: Do the research and report back. The policy exists, but the government hasn't taken me into its confidence.

• EvelynFebruary 04, 2013 - 9:54 pm

Phil: For the hell of it I just now looked at your damn list!!! DEFINITELY NORTHWOODS: Feb 11th 1962 - Beatles record "Please, Please Me"

• James E.February 04, 2013 - 10:15 pm

February 1962, just graduated from flight school. Had my wings and ready to fly off into the blue. Phil, I'm hot happy about the 49er loss. Obvious lack of a flag in the end zone. Without that flag, we lost. With the flag, we would have won. Criminal.

• James E.February 04, 2013 - 10:17 pm

*** not happy

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 05, 2013 - 7:33 am

Evelyn, surely this must be a Northwoods event from 1962 - Mar 21st - A bear becomes the 1st creature to be ejected at supersonic speeds - James, I've fallen into a deep DEEP depression. Yes, the officiating sucked. They lost! F#@K!!!!

• Paddy O'furnitureFebruary 05, 2013 - 10:06 am

"Students Lose Fingers in Game of Tug of War" SOUTH EL MONTE, Calif. (KTLA) — A game of tug of war at a local high school turned tragic when two students had their fingers severed. http://ktla.com/2013/02/05/students-sever-fingers-in-game-of-tug-of-war/#axzz2K2Bqzgp4 *This must be stopped*!! (sound of hand-wringing) We must act now to ban these activities and make our schools "ROPE FREE ZONES"! (sound of heavy breathing) Call your congressmen! Call your senators!! End these senseless wars (tug of, that is)!

• billzzFebruary 05, 2013 - 8:57 pm

I am reading this about local issues, and learning something when "Operation Northwoods" raises it's ugly head. Anyway, my own personal observation was that it was an exercise to remove all of the people who worked for the Eisenhower administration. McNamara (an expert in operations research and systems analysis) instructed Lemnitzer, and the JCS, on the new "think tanks" and to "think outside the box." So Lemnitzer, and the JCS, did, and actually signed it, and it was leaked to show how the Eisenhower administration was poised to take the US to war. So they could not fire Lemnitzer but made him SACEUR, where I met him, as I was a battery commander under his son, Bill Lemnitzer. And (truth-in-lending) I also knew his daughter and son-in-law, who was a major, and I served with him, also. That's a lot of Lemnitzers, and I trust them a lot more than McNamara's Ragtime band. Anyway, Kennedy made a big mistake with Cuba, which the public did not know about, and had to go to Eisenhower for advice. Then JFK made another mistake with the Berlin Wall, and his advisers thought that he would be seen as "soft on communism" (but the public did not know) and not get reelected. So they decided to move the "sphere of confrontation" (those are the actual words) to Asia and increase American advisers in Vietnam and the SF and you know the rest of the story. He meant to win the election, then withdraw the advisers, but you know what happened, and LBJ was advised to escalate, rather than withdraw. Kennedy's advisers did not like LBJ. And yes, I did talk with one of Kennedy's advisers. And that is how I wound up in Vietnam, with a few other people. Eisenhower should have had a third term and none of that would have happened. Khrushchev would never have thought Eisenhower would be as weak as Kennedy. This is why you should subscribe to the Mountain Democrat. You get to read things you will never read anywhere else. Oh, also read, "The Dark Side of Camelot," by Seymour Hirsch. I may have the name wrong. And this is too long.

• MorrisFebruary 05, 2013 - 9:41 pm

Thank you Bilzz for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences. I enjoyed reading your post; interesting, intelligent and well composed. Refreshing change from the usual hoopachew and rhetoric.

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 05, 2013 - 9:20 pm

But billzz, you MUST understand that "Operation Northwoods" is an integral part of the 9/11 truth inside job false flag orthodoxy. When you supply a rather benign explanation for “Operation Northwoods" you undermine this house-of-cards conspiracy claptrap. It needs examples of really REAL false flag opps. There a number of members of this forum who will be offended. Their “special knowledge” is . . . uh . . . well . . . special.

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 05, 2013 - 9:33 pm

. . . There are . . .

• EvelynFebruary 06, 2013 - 9:48 am

THIS is the remarkable Northwoods document commented upon by billzz. Previously secret, it first was made public on 18 November, 1997, by the John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Review Board, a U.S. federal agency overseeing the release of government records related to Kennedy's assassination. Bill’s input on the “exercise to remove all of the people who worked for the Eisenhower administration” may constitute new political/historical insight, to be considered together with the document’s numbered pgs.7-11.

• MorrisFebruary 08, 2013 - 10:48 am

Isn't it about time we men own up to what this issue is really about? Cut to the chase. Man-up. Come clean with: This is about the age-old matter of size. Mine is bigger than yours. This isn't about hunting. Any real hunter knows the true test of his prowess involves not bullets but only that which he can fashion from the ground. Yet from the club to the sword to the black powder to the Winchester and onward past millimeters of 9, ours is never truly as large as we wish it to be but know it is not. We pack on the caliber to gain size. To appear larger and more destructive than the other competing males. This has little to do with protecting hearth or freedom; our police and military do an outstanding job at that. After all, just how many of us have honestly had to defend our homes from the sudden attack of marauding criminals? Few. Very few. And of defending our women and children from invading foreigners? Near zero percent. That kind of threat will come not by kicking in our door but by remote control that is operated by one unarmed man perhaps thousands of miles away. So lets be honest for a change guys: Its a matter of size. Mine is bigger than yours. Our modern day plumage is no longer displayed by strutting about the females like a rooster on a mission, its about the swagger of our rapid fire caliber of perpetually rabid rut. note: for the record, I am neither pro or con the issue of gun control. However, I am certain that mine is, indeed, larger. Maybe.

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 08, 2013 - 11:12 am

Sooooo . . . uh . . . what are you doing with the rest of this nice sunny day, Morris?

• James E.February 08, 2013 - 11:55 am

Morris, if yours is indeed larger we will need photographs.

• DB SmithFebruary 08, 2013 - 2:34 pm

Morris, now come on let's be honest. The only thing larger on you than anybody else would probably be the head resting on your shoulders and that would be debatable. If only once I had to defend my family and had to use a firearm and was successful in doing so then what would a guy like you have to say about that? All it takes is one and not necessarily multiple assaults on a family to change lives forever.

• MorrisFebruary 08, 2013 - 8:41 pm

Photographs? Of the .270, the 10mm and the Glock? Le Menage? Dude... this IS a family site. 'DB' just reminded us of that. Speaking.of 'DB', I'm curious. Why is it that my size holds such fascination for you? (Unless, perhaps, DB, you are really DS. Still pulling that cork, eh?) Nowhere is it mentioned that one should or should not own a gun. Nor can I be quoted as stating anything related to the value of defending ones home and family. I simply asked how many of us actually HAD to. As well, for us to be honest with ourselves. Because while I have seen a few women at gun shows and at my old hunt club in North Carolina, the vast majority in attendance these type things are....wait for it....men. And the look most have when grasping a shiny new .38 ain't much different from the look most have at the men's club drooling over some 38's.

• DB SmithFebruary 08, 2013 - 9:44 pm

Morris, you scold me while drooling over 38's. To each his own.

• MorrisFebruary 08, 2013 - 10:57 pm

DB: I scold you for nothing. Nothing at all. Drool if you wish; its really no concern of mine. I'm surprised you think it would be. Or that general observation = targeted.scolding. If you have anything to feel guilty about, I politely suggest that it has nothing to do with me.

Motorcycle fatality in Greenwood

EDH Fire Dept. annexing Latrobe

By Noel Stack | From Page: A1, 7 Comments

Tea Party meeting April 17

By Tea Party Patriots Of El Dorado Hills | From Page: A3, 46 Comments

Town Hall Meeting on Underage Drinking May 1

By El Dorado Hills Community Vision Coalition | From Page: A6

Floating body not a body

Old mill a goner

By Dawn Hodson | From Page: A11, 12 Comments | Gallery

A great big thanks

Murder? Suicide?

‘Drive Clean’

Middle class getting poorer?

Real estate lies

Outside with Charlie: Switch gear

Ponderosa volleyball is a family affair

Aussie team makes visit

By Special to the Democrat | From Page: A8

Griz have challenging day

Roundup: April 15, 2014

Men to walk a mile in her shoes

By Center For Violence-Free Relationships | From Page: B2 | Gallery

Runners stampede for Sugarloaf scholarships

By El Dorado County Office of Education | From Page: B2 | Gallery

At a glance: Take aim on fun

By Mimi Escabar | From Page: B2

Team works to fight disease

By Placerville Kiwanis | From Page: B3