Friday, April 18, 2014

Englefield for EID director

From page A5 | September 30, 2013 | 28 Comments

I wholeheartedly support Richard Englefield for EID director, Division 2.

I have personally known Rich for over 12 years. As a neighbor in Grizzly Flats, he was instrumental in the formation of our Fire Safe Council. He not only served as a member of our Fire Safe Council, but was also a director with the El Dorado County Fire Safe Council. In addition to all of that, Rich served as a director on our Grizzly Flats Community Services District and was a leader in turning around the financial status of the district along with leading the implementation of a very aggressive capital improvement plan — which was not only done on time, but within budget.

Our community services district is secure and has a more reliable water delivery system in large part to his work.

Finally, I consider Rich a great friend. I admire his giving nature and tenacious personality — to get done what’s right for the community.

MARK ALMER
Grizzly Flats

• Phil VeerkampSeptember 25, 2013 - 12:34 pm

BRAVO!

• PodsedlyOctober 01, 2013 - 8:06 am

Someone else likes Eaglefield also.The 460’s filed late last week show that Richard Englefield, has just received $19,881 of campaign contributions from a newly formed special interest Political Action Committee headed by Parker Development’s Kirk Bone. The developers need the EID money to keep rolling in. Know who you are voting for, the developers do!!!

• follow the moneyOctober 01, 2013 - 8:16 am

useful info, Podsedly. Who's funding Prada?

• Phil VeerkampOctober 01, 2013 - 8:39 am

Podsedly, is there a link to the "460s - newly formed special interest Political Action Committee"?

• Jack PodsedlyOctober 01, 2013 - 9:28 am

Prada and ratepayers are funding Prada. His website is prada4ratepayers.org

• Phil VeerkampOctober 01, 2013 - 11:05 am

Jack Podsedly appears to be a Greg Prada operative. Jack, can you post a link to the alleged "special interest Political Action Committee " loot going to prada's opponent?

• EvelynOctober 01, 2013 - 11:17 am

Phil: I think the only way to get current campaign finance info. is by going to the County Elections Dept. and asking candidate 460 files.

• EvelynOctober 01, 2013 - 11:19 am

. . . and asking FOR candidate 460 files.

• Phil VeerkampOctober 01, 2013 - 11:25 am

LINK - Candidate Statement for El Dorado Irrigation District ~~~ I served as Chair of the El Dorado County Water Agency and Vice Chair of the Water and Power Authority — experience I’ll put to work for you on the irrigation district board, where I will: • PROTECT RATEPAYERS by cutting debt, eliminating waste, opposing new rate increases, and restoring fiscal accountability. •PROTECT OUR WATER by opposing state efforts to end “rights of origin” and other plans that would divert our water without our consent.

• Phil VeerkampOctober 01, 2013 - 11:30 am

Evelyn - So before I call Jack Podsedly a lying political operative I need to go to County Elections Dept. and ask for candidate 460 files? Is that right? But in the meantime can I speculate that Mr. Podsedly AND Greg Prada are . . . uh . . . fibbing? . . . taking extreme liberty with the truth? . . . fabricating facts? . . .

• Phil VeerkampOctober 01, 2013 - 2:57 pm

Jack Podsedly's "special interest Political Action Committee" is otherwise known as El Dorado County Farmers Businesses and Home Builders For Responsible Water Policy - Englefield & Coco

• Ӂ҈҉ӁOctober 01, 2013 - 10:42 pm

curious

• Phil VeerkampOctober 03, 2013 - 9:24 pm

Jack Podsedly, I have obtained the 460 you assert leads to Kirk Bone. There are two addresses on the PAC's paper work. One leads to Bell, McAndrews & Hiltachk, LLP specializing in campaign, election and administrative law and litigation at all levels of government. The other address leads to a residence on Crystal Blvd, El Dorado - Rate Payers for Richard Engelfield. Where do you get Kirk Bone?

• Wise Old Senior Taxpayer and EID ratepayerOctober 10, 2013 - 4:32 pm

Phil, I just went to EDC Electtions Office and spent a well worth $6.40 for all the campaign contributions in the EID race. It's a follow the money game. I highly suggest any voter who wants to know how Coco and Englefield are getting Parker Dev. $$$$$! I've only taken a quick glance but there is a filer called EID Div 2 rate payers for Richard Englefield. They took in $19,881.06 from EDC Farmers Business & Homebuilders for responsible water policy. I look at the EDC Farmers Business & Homebuilders 497 and BINGO the big checks are directly from Parker Development. They way politicians are bought is staring me in the face and I will be sharing this information. If you want to see you can email me at joetaxpayeredc@gmail.com. Every voter needs to know this information. We need Directors who will challenge spending not add to it. I understand the current EID Board gives discounts to developers. This is a great return on investment if Parker gets their two patsies in. I'm sure they are decent people but they need to be exposed. I will not vote for them. I am voting for Flesher and Prada. I started this uninformed and objective. I am now educated and confident in who I am supporting.

• Wise Old Senior Taxpayer and EID ratepayerOctober 10, 2013 - 4:41 pm

.p.s. Phil, if you want the documentation and read it, I think you need to apologize to Podsedly.

• Wise Old Senior Taxpayer and EID ratepayerOctober 10, 2013 - 4:46 pm

follow the money -I followed the money and the big bucks for Coco and Englefield are 2 steps away but lead directly to Parker Development. I guess it's the acceptable political way to accept donations and make the curious voter dig for the info. This is fascinating stuff what goes on even here in EDC! Prada is being funded by many small contributions and a loan less than $3K from himself. This really is eye-opening and I forgot to say the county elections office has all the info right when you walk in. You just pay 10 cents per page if you want a copy.

• the real infoOctober 13, 2013 - 9:07 pm

Lets see this is the same person that was on The Grizzly Flats CSD and the water prices for residents went from $23 a month to $67 a month ? The same person that likes to schedule meeting's, when people that appose him are busy so they can't make it ? Nothing Rich has accomplished has helped anyone in Grizzly Flats ! He failed on the Community Center project, he Raised water prices to support increased water flow to enable more development, He was on the Grizzly Flats Fire Safe Council, but never participated in any of the projects. Are you sure this is the best you can do for the community? Do innocent people hide when accused of illegal activities or associated with them ?

• Phil VeerkampOctober 13, 2013 - 9:23 pm

Parker's interest is in maintaining A FUNCTIONAL EID BOARD. A dysfunctional board is not in my interest, your interest OR PARKER'S INTEREST. A functional board is in the extreme best interest of Parker. You and I are inconvenienced in board dysfunction. Parker could be ruined through EID Board dysfunction. Prada is poison. Period.

• the real infoOctober 13, 2013 - 9:46 pm

Just so people have a clear understanding of where Mark Almer is coming from in his support of Rich for his EID position. Mark Almer is the local elected chairman of the Grizzly Flats Fire Safe council. He has followed Rich Englefield's direction so he can follow a new career in El Dorado county politics... Since getting elected to the head of the Fire Safe council in Grizzly Flats by the late Walt Tyler's motion, Mark Almer has been there... Kinda funny since he runs the election, committee and election board.... No one can and will run against him... He states all the good Rich has done for this community, but he stands to gain from it.... He is another want to be person better then the rest of us, he had a problem with his next door resident and called law enforcement and when they arrived they ended up talking to Mark about the better then anyone else crap he was trying to pull... Request the meeting minute of the Grizzly Flats Fire safe council for the last 2 years and follow the real facts and money before you really vote so you can have a informed decision.......

• what ever againOctober 13, 2013 - 10:02 pm

From what I have seen and read both Mark Almer and RIch Englefield seem to talk out of both sides of there faces... Double talk always equals double trouble.... I would not trust anything either one of these people say.... not my vote .... I refuse to vote for a person just because they are less evil then the other one, I want to go for a write in or find another better vote on my own in research....

• Phil VeerkampOctober 13, 2013 - 10:13 pm

what ever the real info again happens to be it would carry MUCH MORE weight and credibility if it were posted on this forum under a real name. Anonymous postings on this subject carry no clout.

• what ever againOctober 13, 2013 - 10:39 pm

Or so bothered about these people in there area that they do not want to be named and get in trouble for not supporting them......... Again.... They really do not play fair and do not need to be supported or elected.... watch the money trail........

• Phil VeerkampOctober 13, 2013 - 10:44 pm

or they're peddling disinformation

• Aaron TaylorOctober 31, 2013 - 8:02 pm

Quoting Phil Veerkamp: "Parker's interest is in maintaining A FUNCTIONAL EID BOARD." And then "Prada is Poison." First, Veerkamp argues that Bone / Parker is absent in Englefield's campaign, then he defends Parker. I have met Mr. Prada and had several conversations with him. We do not agree on many things, but he is a decent man who asks hard questions about financials. EID and their faithful do not like hard questions - I have seen this first hand. Ambercrombie is combatitive when asked genuine but serious questions, like "what is the total amount of unfunded liability for retired and near-retired EID employees?" Greg Prada has not been purchased by the highest bidder - something rare in politics today. I have nothing harsh or negative to say about Mr. Englefield, but to state the obvious: he owes Parker some favors.

• Phil VeerkampOctober 31, 2013 - 9:22 pm

Aaron, when you asked Greg to explain to you why he repeatedly asserted that residential customers' bills were seventeen times more per cubic foot that agricultural customers' bills WHAT WAS GREG'S ANSWER? Aaron, when you asked Greg why he repeatedly asserts that most EID's employees will be getting a 7% pay raise WHAT WAS GREG'S ANSWER? Aaron you correctly note that, "Ambercrombie is combatitive when asked genuine but serious questions". True. Abercrombie has little patience with false assertions by Prada pertaining to unfunded obligations or Prada's false statements regarding ag water rates or pay raises. Yes. Abercrombie is combative when it comes to Prada's BS. Prada simultaneously claims deep inside knowledge of EID's rates and finances while falsely representing "facts" and "figures" to the public. And the uninformed public follow a Pied Piper Prada" "lower rates" and "clean house" and "reform" tunes. Aaron, do you believe Prada's statements on ag water and employee pay raises? Aaron, it seems that your definition of a hard question is a false allegation. I suspect, Aaron, that you too are combative when faced with false allegations leveled against you, your business or your family.

• Aaron TaylorOctober 31, 2013 - 9:48 pm

Mr. Veerkamp, I personally met Greg Prada about 1 year ago. Greg and I have different political views, but I believe he has and will continue to ask the difficult but necessary questions about EID's financial condition and EID management's decision-making. Long before I met Greg, I had an opportunity to see EID's management in action via Town Hall meetings. Instead of professionalism, I have witnessed a condesending tone and impatience toward genuine citizens asking fair financial questions - citizens with no hidden agena. Greg Prada was not the villian in the room; he wasn't even present. It is unfortunate that your intense hatred of Greg dominates most of your posts. EID is not the Holy Church - it is not above criticism. I haven't seen you acknowledge any of EID's blantant failures. Regarding your sacrastic questions, I believe Greg has answered those fairly well on his website. As readers of the Letters to the Editor can attest, you do not do well with disagreement unless you also trash your opponent. You do not know me, but you have made statements about my character as if you had. I know you - not from ever meeting you - but observing the way you write in open forums over the last 2 years. And you have written quite a bit. Deep sacasm, arrogance, and character assassination against those you disagree with. I know many people that I disagree so very strongly with, but they have my respect because of their articulate arguments and civility. You are not one of those people.

• Phil VeerkampOctober 31, 2013 - 10:05 pm

sorry - busted link - correct link I think - LINK - October 31, 2013 - 9:53 pm

• Phil VeerkampOctober 31, 2013 - 10:11 pm

Aaron, when you say, "I haven't seen you acknowledge any of EID's blantant failures", allow me to direct you to my comments here. -LINK - October 31, 2013 - 9:53 pm A careful reader will find deep, and inconvenient truth for Parker, Bone, EID and the rate payer.