FOX news not real news

EDITOR: On election night, for the first time in my life, I spent more than 10 continuous minutes watching FAUX News without throwing a shoe at the TV. I just wanted to see how the network would handle the looming debacle that, for months, they had interpreted as a walk in the park for Romney.

There were lots of losers on Tuesday: Romney, the Tea Party, Big Donors like the Koch brothers, and the GOP but, most spectacularly, FOX News. As the evening wore on, the network eventually stopped all pretense of covering the actual election results and created an alternative universe from the fourth dimension in which the “FOX reality” would become actual reality.

Of course, this is FOX’s normal modus operandi, but on election night it was impossible for them to fake the results. The surest sign of desperation was FOX passing off as “facts,” late into the evening, the wishful thinking of mendacious characters like Dick Morris, and Karl Rove. In 1975, when elections were not going its way, the Portuguese government turned off the news and showed a Reagan movie, “Bedtime for Bonzo.” FOX should have taken its cue from Portugal.

Months ago, as dutifully instructed by Roger Ailes, every pundit on FOX started predicting a “landslide” for Romney; GOP control of the Senate was also a given. On election night, even as FOX’s own numbers crunchers had called Ohio for President Obama, a desperate-looking Karl Rove kept claiming that Republican suburbs in Ohio would put Mitt over the top. Rove looked like Slim Pickens riding the bomb in Dr. Strangelove.

But the FOX nadir occurred when Bill O’Reilly, who also had predicted a Romney landslide, spoke after Obama’s victory was in the bag. “This is not traditional America; it is no longer the America of our parents.” Yes, indeed, this America is full of strange people who look different, who don’t speak English like I do, “who want things, who want stuff,” and to make matters worse, they vote the wrong way. O’Reilly was in his patented full vacuous, pompous ass mode. Why did his Irish ancestors leave Ireland? Did they want things, stuff —like food, shelter, education, freedom from English tyranny? My own ancestors would have called Bill O’Reilly “a schmuck and a schvants!”

On election night, the lie factory and GOP propaganda mill that is FOX was stripped of all pretensions of being a news outfit; and it is a low point for journalism to have the name FOX associated with news. What is most disturbing, of course, is that so many Americans want to believe what they hear on FOX, primarily because the network caters to their prejudices. However, as Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina so aptly put it, speaking of the FOX audience: “The GOP can’t win elections with just angry white males.”

But I hope they keep trying!

JOHN GARON

Placerville

• R.J. CarterNovember 09, 2012 - 3:11 pm

And yet, you'll form opinions and will hang your hat on every BS lie those cartoon characters at MSNBC spout..Brilliant..What a buffoon ..

• James E.November 09, 2012 - 4:37 pm

test.

• James E.November 09, 2012 - 4:41 pm

Tests go through. My comments do not. Let me try to sneak in my #5 attempt: R.J., you have Fox News, we have MSNBC. Each of us will have to decide which has more validity. It's the American way. Wait, at least we don't have Dick (landslide) Morris.

• James E.November 09, 2012 - 8:18 pm

R.J., I tried to answer your comment earlier, but could not get through. I'll try again. You have Fox News and I have MSNBC. You believe MSNBC broadcasts only crapola, and I believe Fox News broadcasts only crapola. Doesn't leave much room for discussion. I do think that MSNBC thankfully does not have Richard (site monitor dislikes the D name) Landslide Morris. Gives us a bit of an edge.

• Phil VeerkampNovember 09, 2012 - 9:11 pm

• DeeNovember 10, 2012 - 5:14 am

Garon, you shouold really consider obtaining a T.V. with an off button and channel changer.

• R.J. CarterNovember 10, 2012 - 7:11 am

James...The difference is Dick Morris is not a Host or lead anchorman, he's just a some guy FOX brings on every now and then to give his opinion on something, whether it's right or wrong....But, lets look at what MSNBC has for Hosts and lead anchors...There's Chris Matthews, who, following the election said "I'm so glad we had that storm Sandy last week because the storm helped Obama win.".. There's the famous Reverend without a church (or congregation), Al Sharpton, who's only claim to fame is protesting and race-baiting, remember Tawana Brawley??..And, last but not least, the fast talking Rachael Maddow who looks like a man impersonating a woman impersonating a man.....quite a lineup....Plus, every once in a while FOX accurately reports on world news, something those who solely watch MSNBC never get.........

• R.J. CarterNovember 10, 2012 - 7:18 am

James...The difference is Morris is not a Host or lead anchorman, he's just a some guy FOX brings on every now and then to give his opinion on something, whether it's right or wrong....But, lets look at what MSNBC has for Hosts and lead anchors...There's Chris Matthews, who, following the election said "I'm so glad we had that storm Sandy last week because the storm helped Obama win.".. There's the famous Reverend without a church (or congregation), Al Sharpton, who's only claim to fame is protesting and race-baiting, remember Tawana Brawley??..And, last but not least, the fast talking Rachael Maddow who looks like a man impersonating a woman impersonating a man.....quite a lineup....Plus, every once in a while FOX accurately reports on world news, something those who solely watch MSNBC never get.....P.S. your right the MD web-gods won't let posts go through that contain the nickname for Richard....

• DarrinNovember 10, 2012 - 9:31 am

Faux Noose...

• James E.November 10, 2012 - 10:14 am

R.J., I might agree with you on your comments about various MSNBC "stars," until you knocked Rachael solely for being a lesbian. Not classy.

• R.J. CarterNovember 10, 2012 - 10:33 am

James.....Since I don't live with Rachael Maddow and never have, I wouldn't know her sexual preferences.....All I said is she looks like a dude.....If you say she's a lesbian, I'll take your word for it.....But, I do love how you have no problem jumping to unfounded conclusions just to keep your arguments afloat...

• James E.November 10, 2012 - 11:14 am

R.J., as sure as the world knows Mitt is a Mormon, the world knows she is a lesbian -- are you the only one who doesn't? If so, you are the only one out of 313,000,000 who doesn't. But, regardless, could you at least parse your statement that she looks like a man impersonating a woman impersonating a man? What do those words imply -- cannot attack her on her performance (agree or disagree with her, she's as smart as a whip), so reduced to saying she looks like a man, etc., etc. As for my reaching unfounded or founded conclusions, you can thank my training in jurisprudence. Come on R.J., you've been around the block a couple of times and you know what "she looks like a dude" implies. Is this checkmate?

• R.J. CarterNovember 10, 2012 - 7:22 pm

James...Apologies for the late response..I was wolfing down a plate of wonderful German food up at the Forester Pub, it was snowing outside, very nice.......Anyway, trying to take the "high road", really??...Funny....I'd wager I'm not the only one out of 313,000,000 who didn't know Ms. Maddow's sexual preference, plus doesn't give a s**t.....That's probably because my knowledge of her is purely limited to channel surfing past MSNBC as fast as I can.....As for ever "check-mating" me in any debate, good luck....You remind me of Leonardo Dicaprio in the movie Titanic, standing on the bow of the ship yelling "I'm the king of the world", just before he drowns.....

• James E.November 10, 2012 - 9:54 pm

R.J., and you remind me of someone who doesn't realize that he didn't have to drown. He could have pushed his love off and took 100% possession of the thing she was using as a -- hmmm, what was it? A piece of furniture of some kind. Anyone remember? Actually, I read just recently that the Director said that the furniture thingee was big enough so both could have been saved, but the story line dictated he had to be the gentleman and float off into the bottom of the sea, as it never would have worked -- him poor and her rich. As for him shouting that he was king of the world wasn't he just a little addled because of love? You know how addled guys get when in love (like the former Director of the CIA).

• James E.November 10, 2012 - 10:15 pm

German food!!! R.J., thanks for the recommendation. I'll be heading to the Forester Pub soonest. As for German food, when I was on the General Staff in Heidelberg, we would sneak out at lunch time and enjoy superb lunches overlooking the Neckar River (maybe with a bit of German Mosel). Army life wasn't tough all the time. I hope that Foresters has a German cook.

• James E.November 10, 2012 - 10:29 pm

Just sitting here wondering why God didn't let Mitt be president. I think it goes back to his putting his dog on the roof of his car and driving to Canada. God doesn't like people who abuse and hurt animals. I know in my family had I told my wife we were putting the dog on top of the car, she would have said dog is going in the car even if he had to sit on your lap while you're driving. I guess the teaching point is that if you ever plan to run for president in the future, don't get God mad at you.

• cookie65November 12, 2012 - 5:05 am

Have you seen any of the interviews floating around the internet of the obama supporters? Clueless doesn't do it justice. They obviously are fed the leftist agenda from the leftist media. Not a single original thought. No clue as to how our government operates. Can't name the three branches of government, no idea who nancy pelosi is or harry reid. But they have been indoctinated since birth that the role of government is to fullfil their every wish and the problem with this country are the wealthy. Seeing the reaction to fox, which is nothing more than a few drops of pseudo conservatism in a ocean of liberalism has always fascinated me. It is as if fox is to blame for all the predictable failures of liberalism. We have had the alphabet channels spewing leftism for many decades along with every other form of media you can name and that is the way the left wants it. No opposing viewpoint allowed. By the way, I don't watch any media even fox is too leftist for me. Who is going to rebuild from the rubble once we reach the leftist utopia?

• James E.November 12, 2012 - 10:07 am

Cookie65, I can name the three branches of government, also I know Nancy and Harry. Try to get over it, you lost. Complaining about it isn't going to put Mitt into the Whitehouse. Mitt Romney, boy did we dodge a bullet.

• Thomas GibneyNovember 12, 2012 - 10:35 am

Again 8 years of listening to the left rag on Bush...so you all better get used to the right busting Obamas balls. Where there is smoke.....Deal with!

• DeeNovember 12, 2012 - 10:56 am

Cookie65 "which is nothing more than a few drops of pseudo conservatism in a ocean of liberalism has always fascinated me." Wonderful! The folks on this message board pretend that only they know the truth and understand what is happening.Apparently they fear any slight differences of interpretation. I not a FOX viewer either.

• DeeNovember 12, 2012 - 11:02 am

Well, somebody must watch: from the Hollywood Reporter "FNC scored an easy win in primetime with 11.45 million viewers between 8 and 11 p.m. on Tuesday night, pushing the network to its most-watched block ever. It was the only network of the three to grow in that time period from 2008, besting CNN (9.25 million viewers) and MSNBC (4.67 million viewers). FNC had the highest peak viewership as well, averaging 11.8 million between 10 and 11 p.m."

• James E.November 12, 2012 - 11:49 am

Dee, lots of people watch Fox News. The question is why? Actually, I know -- people like to watch news that reinforces their prejudices. As in, Mitt will win over that Kenyan Marxist who will destroy America and the country will be dark for a thousand years. Sounds nutty, doesn't it. That's why I watch a few minutes of Fox every once in a while to sample the nuts.

• chrispyNovember 12, 2012 - 12:49 pm

Death to the GOP! Death to Fix News! Ron Paul 2016!

• Jack MartinNovember 12, 2012 - 4:09 pm

Garon, your blind hatred of Fox News does not refute certain easily verifiable facts. Among those is that before Hurricane Sandy hit, Romney had a 5-point lead (Rasmussen) or a 6-point lead (Gallup) among likely voters. Like many of you, I eat sleep and breathe politics. I tracked those polls, plus a half dozen others, literally every single day for 6 months. The big uptick for Romney occurred, naturally, when he wiped Obama off the map in the first debate. And in spite of what left-leaning pundits claimed, Obama did not recover more than a point or two of that gap in the subsequent debates. Romney did indeed reveal a shortcoming as a candidate, in that he failed to remain relevant during the 7 or 8 days of media coverage on Hurricane Sandy. And Obama handled the media masterfully (not that they needed any encouragement to make him look good). He even got Chris Christie to kiss his... ring. So, Garon, Fox did in fact report for a few weeks that Romney would win because the polls were trending that way. I saw them myself, daily. I challenge you to present evidence to back up your assertion that they were forecasting a landslide months in advance. And I will say this, if not for Fox News, would there have been any coverage on TV of the Benghazi attack? And will any TV news organization other than Fox, ask questions about the "interesting" timing of Petraeus's affair that will preclude him from testifying? You're a tool, Garon. A vacuous tool, still believing Jimmy Carter was a great President and Obama will be the greatest ever. He's the greatest ever, allright. He now holds the title for all four of the largest US deficits in history.http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323894704578113033115035920.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop

• CatherineNovember 13, 2012 - 8:54 am

Andy Borowitz, who suggested that Petraeus planned his affair years in advance so he wouldn't have to testify about Bengahzi, is a comedian. Perhaps that's how we should look at Fox moderators. Not as funny as Stewart and Colbert, but comic entertainers none the less....... Why on earth would anyone believe that Petraeus won't be queried in the investigation on Bengahzi? Ridiculous. Or that Romney ever had a chance of winning the presidency. Equally ridiculous. But it is true that we all seek information that supports our deeply held beliefs. That's why Fox is so tragic.

• Jack MartinNovember 13, 2012 - 11:04 am

No surprise that you support Garon, Catherine, because you engage in points the same way he does. You read something you don't like and merely dismiss it without sources or references. As if your opinion makes it true. I cited two well known, specific polls over a specific time frame that showed Romney was favored to win. You replied with..."Ridiculous". I also asserted that Petraeus won't be called upon to testify in the wake of his disgraceful resignation. You also said "Ridiculous." And yet if you do a search for that topic, you hit no fewer than 3 pages of search results affirming that very thing. This is just the first one I found. http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/petraeus-wont-testify-benghazi-next-week_662194.html The only ridiculous thing in this discussion is the mentality of you and Garon.

• Et tu, Brute?November 13, 2012 - 11:27 am

From the mouth of Catherine: It is true that we all seek information that supports our deeply held beliefs.

• James E.November 13, 2012 - 11:39 am

Mr. Martin, we might believe you more if your sources or references weren't always right wing. One of your favorites is Rasmussen -- a right wing poll that gives right wingers what they want to hear. Gallup also gave right wingers what they wanted to hear about Romney. Both were grossly wrong. So, I agree with Catherine, ridiculous. Come to think of it, the reason you only give right wing sources or references is because those are the only ones you read so it does make sense.

• James E.November 13, 2012 - 11:45 am

Mr. Martin, the Weekly Standard too, right wing to its core.

• Phil VeerkampNovember 13, 2012 - 11:56 am

Colonel, are you positing that left wing media reports through a clear lens? Do you really believe that the left gives fair treatment to conservative thought? You seem to be saying that you will not give due consideration to conservative thought because it comes from conservative sources. Which liberal source gives proper respect to conservative thought???

• James E.November 13, 2012 - 12:09 pm

Mr. Veerkamp, I'm saying that Mr. Martin gives only right wing references or sources. Nothing more, nothing less. But, isn't he the one that discounts everything except right wing sources? Perhaps you can encourage him to become more balanced instead of setting mouse traps for me.

• James E.November 13, 2012 - 12:11 pm

Ok, time out -- I'm leaving to see the Bond spy movie.

• Et tu, Brute?November 13, 2012 - 12:11 pm

Catherine and James share a funny bone. The Borowitz Report is a great laugh but not ideal for consolidating their case against conservative thought.

• RichardNovember 13, 2012 - 12:50 pm

Fox News aspires to the simplest of proven propaganda techniques .. it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over. I applaud those of you who prevail and continue to set brush fires in the minds of those who are unintentional victims. Also, I have it of the best authority that Cookie is what Ray Nutting calls his wife, I wonder?

• biscuitNovember 13, 2012 - 1:04 pm

I can't speak for cookie; can only say that I am not Ray Nutting's wife! Which sources of news and information do you rely on?

• CatherineNovember 13, 2012 - 3:52 pm

Biscuit... I just read newspapers. The Google News aggregator to start, then BBC News, the NY Times, LA Times, Financial Times, and websites like Democracy Now, ProPublica, and some international papers. I'm not in any way holding myself separate from the notion that we all take in what supports our beliefs. But I try to fill my head with something that resembles journalism. Fox isn't offering a conservative viewpoint; it's soundbite drivel. For polls, you have to look at the composites, like 538.

• EvelynNovember 13, 2012 - 4:24 pm

MYTH: THE U.S. HAS A LIBERAL MEDIA: (Summary) The U.S. media are rapidly being monopolized by a dwindling number of parent corporations, all of whom have conservative economic agendas. The media are also critically dependent upon corporations for advertising. As a result, the news almost completely ignores corporate crime, as well as pro-labor and pro-consumer issues. Surveys of journalists show that the majority were personally liberal in the 1980s, but today they are centrists, with more conservatives than liberals on economic issues. However, no study has proven that they give their personal bias to the news. On the other hand, the political spectrum of pundits -- who do engage in noisy editorializing -- leans heavily to the right. The most extreme example of this is talk radio, where liberals are almost nonexistent. The Fairness Doctrine was designed to prevent one-sided bias in the media by requiring broadcasters to air opposing views. It once enjoyed the broad support of both liberals and conservatives. But now that the media have become increasingly owned and controlled by corporations, conservatives defiantly oppose the Fairness Doctrine. This is probably the best proof that the media's bias is conservative, not liberal. ********** This article must be well more than 10 years old. But I’m tossing it into the mix anyway. SEE: http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-liberalmedia.htm

• Thomas GibneyNovember 13, 2012 - 4:39 pm

Try this on for size...and see if it compares to today..think about it... Communist Goals (1963) Documention below -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Congressional Record--Appendix, pp. A34-A35 January 10, 1963 Current Communist Goals EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES Thursday, January 10, 1963 Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America. At Mrs. Nordman's request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following "Current Communist Goals," which she identifies as an excerpt from "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen: [From "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen] CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS 1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war. 2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war. 3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength. 4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war. 5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites. 6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination. 7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N. 8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N. 9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress. 10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N. 11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.) 12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party. 13. Do away with all loyalty oaths. 14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office. 15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States. 16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights. 17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks. 18. Gain control of all student newspapers. 19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack. 20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions. 21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures. 22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms." 23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art." 24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press. 25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV. 26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy." 27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch." 28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state." 29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis. 30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man." 31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over. 32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc. 33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus. 34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities. 35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI. 36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions. 37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business. 38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat]. 39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals. 40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce. 41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents. 42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic, political or social problems. 43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government. 44. Internationalize the Panama Canal. 45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note by Webmaster: The Congressional Record back this far has not be digitized and posted on the Internet. It will probably be available at your nearest library that is a federal repository. Call them and ask them. Your college library is probably a repository. This is an excellent source of government records. Another source are your Congress Critters. They should be more than happy to help you in this matter. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- You will find the Ten Planks of the Communist Manifesto interesting at this point. Click here to see them listed with brain-challenging comments. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Documentation Webmaster Forest Glen Durland found the document in the library. Sources are listed below. The quote starts on page 259. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Microfilm: California State University at San Jose Clark Library, Government Floor Phone (408)924-2770 Microfilm Call Number: J 11 .R5 Congressional Record, Vol. 109 88th Congress, 1st Session Appendix Pages A1-A2842 Jan. 9-May 7, 1963 Reel 12 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The book was found in the off campus stacks, was ordered and checked. The quote below was checked against the original and is correct. The few errors in the copy from the Congressional Record are shown in [ ] . The quote starts on page 259. California State University at San Jose, Clark Library stacks call number: Naked Communist HX 56 S55 Book title page: Skousen, W. Cleon. Naked Communist Salt Lake City, Utah: Ensign Publishing Co. C. 1961 , 9th edition July 1961. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Go to the Commie List Go to the List of Controls Go to the Uhuh opening Title Page Go the Uhuh Home Page -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The President and Congress said they are reducing taxes and balancing the budget. uhuh. Sez who? Smile and Force Congress to Kick the Debt & Taxes Habit with Money System Honesty for We People. We demand the whole truth with an honest viewpoint. Don't send money. Call Jo(e) Congress and send letters. Click here to contact Forest. Web Home Page: www.uhuh.com -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Back to the top of this page This web page can NOT be altered or sold, but may be copied intact with credit to uhuh for reasonable distribution in keeping with the philosophy of uhuh and GR Force, who can assume no liabilities. Please check the sources and make your own decisions. The term U-Mail, uhuh and this web page are Copyright 1996 by Forest Glen Durland. comgoals.htm. Revised 3-24-03. uhuh and GR Force are non-profit. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Phil VeerkampNovember 13, 2012 - 7:25 pm

Evelyn, RE: - “MYTH: THE U.S. HAS A LIBERAL MEDIA: . . . The Fairness Doctrine was designed to prevent one-sided bias in the media by requiring broadcasters to air opposing views.” Is the take-away here, Obama prevailed over an UNFAIR MEDIA? . . . Sort of a Barack/Goliath takedown? Or is the takeaway here Obama is a conservative? Or a “no-labels” corporate stooge? Regardless, the tingle is back in Chris Matthews’ leg. All is well . . . Pass the Jack Daniels.

• JohnNovember 13, 2012 - 8:18 pm

"Rasmussen" as a reliable poll source? Really? Rasmussen is a GOP polling company. Gallup, on the other hand, made surprising fools of themselves on this election. most of the polls, and FOX, validated the GIGO rule: garbage in, garbage out. the only guy who had it 100% right was Nate Silver (pseudonym '538') at that lefty lie factory: the New York Times. Bwa ha ha! And that's the third election in a row Silver scores above 98%. He uses facts, science and mathematics to reach his conclusions; let's hope FOX and the GOP never catch on to this formula! You gotta love Obama: here's an allegedly clueless "community organizer"' who sure as hell knows how to organize TWO winning elections. Let's hope the GOP and the Tea Baggers never come out of their delusional, fact-free bubble and that FOX does not change its propaganda model.

• JohnNovember 13, 2012 - 8:25 pm

The people incensed by the letter appear to validate Sen. Graham's notion.

• EvelynNovember 13, 2012 - 9:06 pm

Phil, I don't think the takeaway in any way relates to Obama. He wasn't on the horizon when the article was written.

• Thomas GibneyNovember 13, 2012 - 9:20 pm

Of course John, anything to reaffirm your belief that all of us who dislike Obam are racist...please. read the Communist guidlines...see if they match the Dem platform..cracks me up you people have no idea ...FOX , MSNBC etc. it matters not...but people like you John...really don't see it in front of you. History is in the making and thanks to you America slides into the Kruschev shoe all that much easier.... smirk while you can ...comrade hehe

• arnold langeNovember 16, 2012 - 9:41 am

Evelyn, good link...MYTH: THE U.S. HAS A LIBERAL MEDIA. the following link found in the article you referenced is equally important. http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-libmedia.htm

• EvelynNovember 16, 2012 - 12:57 pm

Hi Arnold. Glad you spotted that. Also, from same site: http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/LiberalFAQ.htm#Backliberalmedia ********** I haven't explored the links but probably should bookmark them for later.

By Michael Raffety | From Page: A2, 1 Comment