Good for a laugh

EDITOR; I want to thank you for posting Mr. Longhofer’s letters to the editor. They always give me a laugh. I would suggest that you hire him to post his ” letters” next to the cartoons to put them into perspective.

In the last town I lived in, nobody was allowed more than two letters a year to the newpaper, but Mr. Longhofer is a special case. Once again, I commend the editors for their sense of humor.

RANDY ZIGELHOFER

Placerville

• DB SmithOctober 26, 2012 - 5:24 pm

Mr. Zigelhofer, I totally agree. I think Mr. Longhofer has a talent that he has not been aware of.

• James E.October 26, 2012 - 8:05 pm

Mr. Zigelhofer, great idea. This is your first letter, you have one more to go. Practice what you preach.

• cookie65October 29, 2012 - 4:59 am

Some people are so certain of their brilliance that they can't help but share it with anyone who will listen. He presents us with the same old worn out leftist talking points that we have been listening to for the last 40 years as if they are new. I feel sorry for people who lack any ability to think for themselves. They don't even know they are useful idiots.

• RichardOctober 29, 2012 - 5:22 am

It’s obvious that Mr. Longhofer has touched the very soul of at least two people in our community. Now if we can just get them to vote for President Obama.

• sprinkle with nuts..October 29, 2012 - 5:57 am

Randy Zigelhofer, I wanted to share my recipe for my Decadent Chocolate Satin Pie, just follow the directions below, it will get you away from the TV for a couple of hours and the outcome will make much happier than what you’re pursuing...... Directions: WHISK together evaporated milk and egg yolks in medium saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is very hot and thickens slightly; do not boil. Place chunks in food processor fitted with metal blade. With processor running, slowly pour milk mixture into chocolate. Process 10 to 20 seconds. Scrape down sides and continue processing until smooth. POUR into crust; refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm. Top with sweetened whipped cream before serving; sprinkle with nuts.

• Terri KlineOctober 29, 2012 - 6:59 am

Mr. Longhoffer is one of the few voices of reason in this hopeless, small-minded, tea party county. I applaud his willingness to present his views, and respond to the rabid right (who are unable to engage in intelligent discourse, and must rely on name-calling)in a professional manner.

• DarrinOctober 29, 2012 - 8:11 am

Why can't you 'hofers get along???

• DB SmithOctober 29, 2012 - 8:19 am

Good one Darrin, I think we all needed that. Thanks

• DeeOctober 29, 2012 - 8:55 am

Terri-Who is calling people chicken-hawks? Oh, Longhofer. Who calls conservatives rabid right? You. So I guess that makes you "unable to engage in intelligent discourse, and must rely on name-calling".

• Kirk MacKenzieOctober 29, 2012 - 9:12 am

Name-calling is ubiquitous in politics and other contact sports. Arguing over who called who what is just another rat-hole that keeps We The People distracted from our constitutional duties..............I keep score: -1 for nonsense, -2 for responding to nonsense, and +10 for consensus. By my count, none of us has a score in the "voice of reason" range (>0).

• DeeOctober 29, 2012 - 10:05 am

Kirk-It is my Constitutional duty to point out the irony of Terri's comment. Complaining about name calling while calling people you don't know names makes no sense.

• Kirk MacKenzieOctober 29, 2012 - 10:17 am

Dee -- I disagree...I see our duty to be holding our elected representatives accountable for doing their job: representing us. But I do agree that "Complaining about name calling while calling people you don't know names makes no sense"; no sense is nonsense...Terri -1, Dee -2.

• DeeOctober 29, 2012 - 12:17 pm

Kirk,I win at -6. You are second at -4 and Terri stays at -1. This is pure nonsense.

• CatherineOctober 29, 2012 - 1:20 pm

I always enjoy Mr. Longhofer's spirited pot-stirring. There's a C S Lewis quote, "The very act of arguing awakens the patient's reason; and once aroused, who can forsee the result." Politics is about disagreement. Progress may not always be, but politics is. My feeling is that Teri is correct, but surely "sprinkle with nuts" has "won" this round of comments.

• CatherineOctober 29, 2012 - 1:31 pm

*** typos, with apologies

• Jack MartinOctober 29, 2012 - 1:47 pm

The irony in Terri's defense of James and persecution of the TEA Party is rich. My posts are almost always accompanied by sourced material (where necessary) or at least first hand anecdotal information. James's response to them, typically is "You're wrong," or "No it isn't." As if his refusal to accept the point factually rebuffs it. Read deeper Terri.

• Richard, "Sprinkled nuts Award".October 29, 2012 - 4:14 pm

CATHERINE, dear Catherine, on behalf of myself, and the US Marines under whose guidance and tutoring allowed me to prefect my cooking techniques that help created this award winning recipe, I proudly except the “SPRINKLED NUTS AWARD”, and Jack before you say anything,”YOUR WRONG”.

• CatherineOctober 29, 2012 - 5:25 pm

A well deserved award indeed! But where shall I send the prize?

• James E.October 29, 2012 - 5:26 pm

Mr. Martin, the problem is that your sources are Fox News and other right wing "authorities." You BS and then back up your BS with BS sources. Simply, your points are factually flawed because your authorities are flawed. I wish it was otherwise.

• left wing 'authorities'October 29, 2012 - 5:42 pm

" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "

• Ken SteersOctober 29, 2012 - 6:27 pm

Wow Mr Zigelhofer all you need is Garon to respond and you have heard from the entire Eldorado Dem. party. You really struck a nerve

• DarrinOctober 29, 2012 - 7:01 pm

Jack, did you lose your wrong? Apparently Richard found it?!?

• Terri KlineOctober 30, 2012 - 7:25 am

Dear Dee, Please refer to the definition of rabid in the Merriam-Webster dictionary a: extremely violent : furious b: going to extreme lengths in expressing or pursuing a feeling, interest, or opinion I am sure you were invisioning some kind of foaming-at-the-mouth animal. I would hardly compare using this definition the same as calling someone an idiot. And I think I deserve another point.

• DeeOctober 30, 2012 - 8:48 am

Terri-Actually you get two pointa.However, I find it interesting that you don't consider calling someone "extremely violent : furious" a negative. Oh well,there you go.

• DeeOctober 30, 2012 - 8:50 am

"points" instead of "pointa"

• RichardOctober 30, 2012 - 9:03 am

Good morning Darrin, I’m surprised you have put your head on the chopping block so willingly. I’ve never been a narcissistic, obsessive petty spell checker who misrepresents others posts in order to demean them, but I can understand the need for some to have order and control in the world especially around election time. You get a gold star, feel better?. I’ll try to communicate my accurately in the future.

• DB SmithOctober 30, 2012 - 2:38 pm

PUBLIC WARNING ANNOUNCEMENT! Do not eat "sprinkles/waterboy's" recipe. It is a secret recipe that has hidden agendas in it. It is actually Kool aid in disguise which obviously he has had too much of cause he is nuts. The proof is in the pudding.