I have been trying to follow the Healthcare.gov Website tragedy and am a bit confused. The purpose of the site is to:
1. Collect all your personal information.
2. Offer plans available to you.
3. Let you choose a plan.
4. Tell you how much the plan will cost.
5. Let you know if you’re eligible for a subsidy.
6. Collect your payment.
7. Turn all the information over to the insurance company you chose.
We have paid almost $700 million starting with a Canadian company with a no-bid $96 million contract who was fired by the Canadian Government for incompetence. What is wrong with this picture?
Does this mean we could have kept the almost $700 million and let the insurance companies collect the information and cut out the middle men?