Pollock Pines community identity

It was a lively discussion that filled the Pollock Pines–Camino Community Center last evening as citizens came together with Supervisor Norma Santiago to create the first Pollock Pines Community Advisory Council. It was obvious that some folks might still not have the truth and full knowledge of how citizens across the county are trying to implement the Community Identity portion of the General Plan (Goal 2.4), which is the official “law of the land.”

In that portion, the verbiage is: “The county shall develop community design guidelines in concert with members of each commnity.”  This means that communities get to speak for themselves … and the county government must heed. The description of that goal reads, “Identification, maintenance and enhancement of the unique identity of each existing community.” The operative word in that statement is unique.

So, by the end of last night’s meeting, with great excitement and pride, Pollock Pines has selected the following people to be the first seven (of 11) in our community to describe our uniqueness and to ensure that the Board of Supervisors adheres to our sense of what is good and right in our rural community: Don Clowser, Cleve Hart, Wanda Flores, Nicole Phillips, Steve Poindexter, Cathy Staller and Tom Schultz.

These folks represent business (both retail and home based), residents, seniors and service organizations. Between now and the next meeting on June 24, an outreach to fill the remaining four positions will be conducted.

It is critically important to remember that these community meetings and processes are by the community, from the community and of the community as an integrated, broad-based approach to representing your community. It is absolutely not government run, controlled or initiated.

There are those who would say otherwise, but if anyone needs more information or proof, the regulatory reform meetings held every Friday morning in Building C in the Government Center are open to one and all in a free flow discussion of what is happening in communities all over the county.  Those meetings are facilitated and attended by volunteers from Diamond Springs, Camino, El Dorado Hills, Shingle Springs, Coloma, Cool, Georgetown, Pollock Pines, etc. who have a common interest in getting things done in their community the way their community wants them done.  Come join us at 8 a.m.

JEANNE HARPER, CEDAPP
Pollock Pines

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 16, 2013 - 5:03 pm

Im thinking of joining now--just because I have no clue why you are writing this Harper--you were not there, and have no say. You need to step down already. This is suppose to be a new board--which should not be shadowed by you at all. See this makes me very suspicious of the whole process--again.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 16, 2013 - 5:31 pm

"It is absolutely not government run, controlled, or initiated."--no-- it is apparently run by Harper who wasnt at this meeting. How can trust be established if this woman keeps butting into everything?

• EvelynMay 16, 2013 - 6:14 pm

Not reflected in Jeanne Harper's letter is the vociferous opposition to the process expressed at the meeting by many Pollock Pines residents. Nonetheless, the meeting came to what appeared to have been its foreordained conclusion. While the seven people selected seemed impressively dedicated, some having exceptional backgrounds, there is no indication they may be considered representative.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 16, 2013 - 7:47 pm

The meeting last night was even smaller--some good people were not there--some were at one of most important events--the last concert of the year--at our middle school. I present at the BOS on monday that the event was not advertised enough--it has been advertised more in the last 48 hours than the whole month.I went last night--and for the first time saw some hope. there were people there that are trusted in this community--they dont pressure--dont throw temper tantrums when they dont get their way--what a refreshing idea. People who know this community and value its heart. Then I read this article and now want to start a petition to stop the whole thing. What to do?

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 16, 2013 - 8:01 pm

"It was obvious"...Jeanne-YOU WERE NOT THERE--unless you were in the next room--wow how creepy would that be? "In that portion, the verbiage is “The county shall develop community design guidelines Iin concert with members of each commnity.” This means that communities get to speak for themselves….and the county government must heed." Harper you cant really believe this? It means that while they are watching you speak--they are deciding where to put the things that matter to them. They would be stupid to turn away anybody with money All of this is voluntary--it is not mandatory. Things are going to happen--you will not stop them. I look at my grandson--and just want to scream--that this woman is being allow to manipulate our community. Last night talking to a person--I told them when I came to the first meeting--they were using the delphi technique--his reply well there are many techniques to help a meeting. I said--how about coming in with the truth--what a concept. What may be even sadder is that this person was okay with manipulating a whole?

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 16, 2013 - 8:16 pm

One of the places Harper hates is the community center--she cant control them..She feels because they are a nonprofit that they should let her do any thing she wants. Our community center is run by volunteers--not government monies. We are not a CSD--so no one is paid. she has sent people to them for donations--yet they just survive month to month. Most groups in town share fund raisers with them--so both benefit. I heard once again that a non profit asked a group for a donation--but when it was okayed --asked if it could be written in the name of CEDAPP--WHY? now this is why I stopped working with her--well one reason. But I will post that story next.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 16, 2013 - 8:50 pm

My Halloween story...this last Halloween--I worked with many people from many groups to help on the school Halloween event. It was brought up to ask businesses if they could help with money for candy I said I would ask the Pinewood PTC for fifty dollars. we were told that the Rotery would hold any money leftover for next year. I asked if the check should be written out to Rotary--I was told "yes" by Harper. Email: "Any leftover monies will be held by Rotary to be used for next year's Halloween. Obviously, this will be a tax-deductible amount for your organization. We would be happy to accept money from individuals, individual businesses, and other organizations that you may know about. As always, all are welcome! J Jeanne Harper, Executive Director I went -asked--and was granted the $50.00--I asked for the check to be written out to the rotary. Email: "Can you call the gal back (?) and tell her to make the check out to CEDAPP? WE are taking all of the money and making one check out to Rotary when it all comes in. Thanks. It's easier bookkeeping this way." Jeanne Harper, Executive Director I said "no" that I wasnt going to bother them again. As soon as I saw the President of the Rotary--I gave it to them. (I could not understand why Harper would want it under CEDAPP)email: (although there are several back and forth emails during this time)I was told that PTC delivered a check to someone????? Can you tell me who, please? We will need to add that to our figures so that we can turn the correct amount over to Rotary to hold for next year." Why does CEDAPP want all the checks in their name? Well I felt better having the Rotary take care of it. I donated 25.00--yet never got a call back to help on the next one--although i suggested bringing it back to the community Center one the next year. sharing events--seem nice--community like...lololol So I was not surprised to hear that another group was asking for money--but could the check be written out to CEDAPP We had a Park group up here--working towards the 26 acres of land--people gave them money. Ouch they didnt ever received their 501c. I asked a couple what are you going to do with the money? since you took it from the people (and didnt have a 501c) At one point they thought the boy scouts--I suggested they go to the chamber for guidance. I asked for people to call me. Nothing--then I read the mins of the Rotary club one day--and there it was--they had given it to the Rotary--I like Rotary and trust them to do the right thing. but guess who was there in the notes--Harper--she was asking for the money for her children s memory garden...I stopped reading. Again why would she want a check written in CEDAPP S name?

• EvelynMay 16, 2013 - 8:53 pm

Fran, you write that you "now want to start a petition to stop the whole thing. What to do?" At the 5/14/2013 BOS meeting it was clearly stated that the advisory councils are optional. A petition signed by a couple hundred Pollock Pines residents might well bear weight.

• James E.May 16, 2013 - 9:08 pm

Frances, maybe the IRS should check them out!

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 16, 2013 - 9:47 pm

James I am hoping that some lawyer will just show up at my door--have pity on me--and help me evict Harper from this space...

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 16, 2013 - 9:52 pm

Evelyn many people do not know who she is...they know she cleaned up something in town..omg..lololol. I know--all bloggers attention, please comment on this post--I feel that if Harper does not leave Pollock soon--that she will- through constant lies and manipulations run our town into the ground. People are following her to our end. And worse we are the poster child--which people will follow her? protect your own neighborhoods by helping ours. Thanks

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 16, 2013 - 9:55 pm

“The greatest threat to the not-for-profit sector is the betrayal of public trust, the disappointment of public confidence. Virtually all knowledgeable observers of the not-for-profit scene believe that an overwhelming proportion of not-for-profits are honorably run...that admirable context, however, does not provide much protection to the sector when a sequence of highly publicized disgraceful not-for-profit misdeeds occurs.”http://www.councilofnonprofits.org/resources/resources-topic/ethics-accountability.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 16, 2013 - 9:59 pm

Practical tips for ethics audits • What prompts the audit? These audits do not occur on their own. Someone concerned about the nonprofit – either out of a proactive desire to strengthen the organization or a defensive effort to address a perceived problem – prompts the process, generally through a complaint.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 16, 2013 - 10:00 pm

We dont have a grand jury hanging out somewhere yet do we?

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 16, 2013 - 10:19 pm

James are you trying to get me in trouble with Phil...lolololol Im sure the IRS has better things to do--plus I find--reporting any thing--never goes in my favor. Ever.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 16, 2013 - 10:21 pm

"to our sense of what is good and right in our rural community:" these are moral and ethical issues--not design...

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 16, 2013 - 10:24 pm

"It is critically important to remember that these community meetings and processes are by the community, from the community, and of the community as an integrated, broad based approach to representing your community. It is absolutely not government run, controlled, or initiated. There are those who would say otherwise" LESS THAN 1% come and last night was even less than that,

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 16, 2013 - 10:56 pm

From the CEDAPP Wall: Community Economic Development Association of Pollock Pines - CEDAPP Yesterday near Shingle Springs via mobile Many lively discussions tonight at the town hall community meeting! However, in the end, Pollock Pines has the beginnings of its first community advisory Council! Seven men and women will comprise the beginnings of the Council, although there will be an outreach to search for four more members to complete the council! This is a red letter day for our rural community as we begin to move forward in an integrated format designed to him prove relationships between the community and the government, resulting in improved processes needed to get things done in the community when and where they are needed. Congratulations to all who were present for a job well done! And most especially gratulation and heartfelt appreciation to supervisor Norma Santiago! Harper is laughing at all of us. she got her way--this is the government making fair decisions. And she gets to write articles with false information...yay Harper

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 16, 2013 - 11:02 pm

If she is claiming to be there to hear what went on--was she hiding next door? is that were some of the people were--that is so creepy. I took pictures--there was a video...I never take pictures--something told me to. Come out--come out where ever you are. Or she wasnt there--and this shows how she lies in her articles.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 16, 2013 - 11:36 pm

To those of you who watch my blogs--she was not in the room--maybe next door...this is either a lie she has once again told--or she was hiding--and that is unethical and creepy--sort it out. I feel sorry for the people who are following her--because this makes them look really bad as well.

• James E.May 16, 2013 - 11:50 pm

Frances, a whistle-blower always loses in the end.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 16, 2013 - 11:53 pm

I know--I remember the library--and it breaks my heart

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 16, 2013 - 11:55 pm

Good night James...another night of no sleeping.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 17, 2013 - 9:44 am

Harper and others are manipulating communities--she was not in the room...was she next door--listening through her husbands phone? or as I said--just making up stories. less than 1% come to these meetings--less at this one. Most are CEDAPP or Dogwood...this is happening all over--they get "free" money--while people are getting pay cuts or layed off...like I said--are these trails so people with nothing left can walk to the next place to look for a way to survive. READ

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 17, 2013 - 11:03 am

This time Im not using a whistle--im using a trumpet...Harper step down...I have pictures..you were not there...notes : Only 29 people showed up (about half of the last meeting on 4/3/13) (about 30% of the alleged 100 who attended the January meeting). 1. Jeannie Harper was not there, but her husband sat at the back of the room and said nothing. Also absent were many of the original folks who formerly said they wanted to serve. [My supposition is that they'll show up at the next meeting to "save the day" and fill the slots.] 2. "Supervisor" Norma Santiago tried to push through her agenda of appointing the "council of 11", but only 5 did a formal application by the 5/10/13 deadline. Two more people offered during the meeting, so a total of 7 were allowed to serve, since they were the only ones who were present. 3. A number of people tried to speak in opposition to the entire process and stated they didn't want another layer of government or a council who had the power over their private property. But Norma kept cutting them off. Eventually, I stood up and interrupted the meeting by telling Norma that she was not listening to the group, nor is she representing the community.... but then I got cut off before I could finish. 4. The entire meeting was video taped. It is supposed to become available on Sue Taylor's website "Save Our County" saveourcounty.net 5. The next meeting is scheduled for 6/24/13 at 6pm. They are trying to get more people to apply for the 4 remaining council positions. I told them at the BOS meeting on 5/14/13 it is not mandatory that we implement any council or any directive on behalf of the community. It is an option to say we do not want any changes to the general plan Fran DuChamp A video was taken.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 17, 2013 - 11:57 am

I want people to know--that this room was almost empty. When the video comes out--Ill will have links everywhere so that people can see and hear what it is like in one of these meetings...I will start showing meetings from many sources across the Nation--where these meetings are all run the same. Harper step down. The whole CEDAPP non profit--should be accountable to removing anyone who has manipulated a community. What will be on the vid--the truth. Many good people who do not have a clue--are being pulled down as well--nice Harper. Town comment: Thank you for the info Fran. Im sad to see locals that have been here so long be involved with this organization. (and I have the source and date--and they will come forward if I ask) I have been keeping these and emails saved for this moment-STEP DOWN HARPER-you and your group have hurt and manipulated many people and it should stop. You can keep writing against the truth--but one day--it WILL turn on you.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 17, 2013 - 12:34 pm

Shingle spring is stepping up--fighting back--voicing their concerns...is any one listening? "Board of Supervisors decided to hold a workshop on June 24, 2013 to discuss alternatives for adjusting or removing CRLs and deferring action on development proposals until the LUPPU process is concluded. We are disappointed that County officials appear determined to delay action on a matter we consider vital to preserving the rural character of the Shingle Springs Community, and will continue to press for timely action. We don’t believe the reasons given for inaction are warranted. There are alternatives that communities throughout the County can unite around if the Board of Supervisors continues to ignore the requests of the citizens of Shingle Springs and other communities within the County to protect their rural lifestyle." written by one of the people speaking out...READ. IN POLLOCK we have Harper--who wasnt at the meeting--telling people how successful it was. all of the letters have been slanted--I have pointed it out several times--spread the word Pollock...as soon as the vid is out--i will share off my fb account.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 17, 2013 - 12:37 pm

I have about 4000 people on my account--it is always open...do not send friend request--just come see the video of this meeting--should be up soon...bring your own popcorn--sit back--learn. Then go to the BOS site--watch those vids...gotta love technology. No whistles--trumpets.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 17, 2013 - 12:41 pm

People picketing...go to these meetings as Harper suggests--watch some BOS vids first. Look at all the places mentioned...wake-up "Friday morning in Building C in the Government Center is open to one and all in a free flow discussion of what is happening in communities all over the county. Those meetings are facilitated and attended by volunteers from Diamond Springs, Camino, El Dorado Hills, Shingle Springs, Coloma, Cool, Georgetown, Pollock Pines, etc. who have a common interest in getting things done in their community the way their community wants them done. Come join us, 8 a.m." Dont drink the wine...and if they just hugging you and using words like "love" peace" "community"...RUN

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 17, 2013 - 1:20 pm

Ms Harper and her group, groups up and down the hil, people presented are using common facilitation tricks ...known as manipulators: "Simon[2] identified the following manipulative techniques: Lying: It is hard to tell if somebody is lying at the time they do it, although often the truth may be apparent later when it is too late. One way to minimize the chances of being lied to is to understand that some personality types (particularly psychopaths) are experts at the art of lying and cheating, doing it frequently, and often in subtle ways. Lying by omission: This is a very subtle form of lying by withholding a significant amount of the truth. This technique is also used in propaganda. Denial: Manipulator refuses to admit that he or she has done something wrong. Rationalization: An excuse made by the manipulator for inappropriate behavior. Rationalization is closely related to spin. Minimization: This is a type of denial coupled with rationalization. The manipulator asserts that his or her behavior is not as harmful or irresponsible as someone else was suggesting, for example saying that a taunt or insult was only a joke. Selective inattention or selective attention: Manipulator refuses to pay attention to anything that may distract from his or her agenda, saying things like "I don't want to hear it". Diversion: Manipulator not giving a straight answer to a straight question and instead being diversionary, steering the conversation onto another topic. Evasion: Similar to diversion but giving irrelevant, rambling, vague responses, weasel words. Covert Intimidation: Manipulator throwing the victim onto the defensive by using veiled (subtle, indirect or implied) threats. Guilt Trip: A special kind of intimidation tactic. A manipulator suggests to the conscientious victim that he or she does not care enough, is too selfish or has it easy. This usually results in the victim feeling bad, keeping them in a self-doubting, anxious and submissive position. Shaming: Manipulator uses sarcasm and put-downs to increase fear and self-doubt in the victim. Manipulators use this tactic to make others feel unworthy and therefore defer to them. Shaming tactics can be very subtle such as a fierce look or glance, unpleasant tone of voice, rhetorical comments, subtle sarcasm. Manipulators can make one feel ashamed for even daring to challenge them. It is an effective way to foster a sense of inadequacy in the victim. Playing the Victim Role: Manipulator portrays him- or herself as a victim of circumstance or of someone else's behavior in order to gain pity, sympathy or evoke compassion and thereby get something from another. Caring and conscientious people cannot stand to see anyone suffering and the manipulator often finds it easy to play on sympathy to get cooperation. Vilifying the Victim: More than any other, this tactic is a powerful means of putting the victim on the defensive while simultaneously masking the aggressive intent of the manipulator. Playing the Servant Role: Cloaking a self-serving agenda in guise of a service to a more noble cause, for example saying he is acting in a certain way for "obedience" and "service" to God or a similar authority figure. Seduction: Manipulator uses charm, praise, flattery or overtly supporting others in order to get them to lower their defenses and give their trust and loyalty to him or her. Projecting the blame (blaming others): Manipulator scapegoats in often subtle, hard-to-detect ways. Feigning Innocence: Manipulator tries to suggest that any harm done was unintentional or that they did not do something that they were accused of. Manipulator may put on a look of surprise or indignation. This tactic makes the victim question his or her own judgment and possibly his own sanity. Feigning Confusion: Manipulator tries to play dumb by pretending he or she does not know what the victim is talking about or is confused about an important issue brought to his attention. Brandishing Anger: Manipulator uses anger to brandish sufficient emotional intensity and rage to shock the victim into submission. The manipulator is not actually angry, he or she just puts on an act. He just wants what he wants and gets "angry" when denied." (wiki) Please watch for these indicators at meetings

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 17, 2013 - 10:38 pm

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 17, 2013 - 10:39 pm

In case you missed it the first time

• EvelynMay 18, 2013 - 6:43 am

VIDEO: Pollock Pines Community ID Meeting 5/15/2013 - HERE

• Very concernedMay 18, 2013 - 7:44 am

Ms. Francesca, FYI, 28 out 33 comments, often made minutes apart, combined with numerous other examples at the mere mention of Ms Harper's name is very close to the legal definition of cyber-stalking. The fact that it is occurring on a public comment board is documentation of each escalating transgression and clearly establishes a "pattern of conduct". This level of obsession is at best unhealthy and at worst criminal. Public discussion and debate is always a good thing within a certain realm. However, the time has come to save yourself from yourself and move away from the keyboard. Hope it works out for you....

• EvelynMay 18, 2013 - 8:41 am

very concerned: What is your own perspective on Jeanne Harper's LTE & the Pollock Pines I.D. process?

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 18, 2013 - 9:03 am

very concerned...cyber stalking--bring on the lawyers. Censorship...El dorado county Library. Out right lyijng--Ms Green ...z-group....being attavcked by the librarians dogs while my dog was leashed---still have the emails to the director. Asking for help about donations being given away--have the emails. Whoever this is....I have been collecting things for a very long time. This letter alone--is a lie. Cyber stalking...bring it on.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 18, 2013 - 9:04 am

concerned...have a great day.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 18, 2013 - 9:09 am

concerned: I went before the board and told them this meeting was not promoted--many people do not even know what CEDAPP is exactly. Even at the meeting one of the participates admits they used the delphi technique. Again...cyber stalking...I guess I could go straight to the community...building information. More people are coming forward...more people will be sorry that they were part of this. Ms. Green stills owes me an apology from her letter. I understand the link is out for this meeting.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 18, 2013 - 9:17 am

concerned --I have4 now put up the link--4500 now have access to it--and they can share it...so get some [popcorn--this link is now going viral

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 18, 2013 - 2:48 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-uPV-R8V9k concerned...please share--one of the criteria for cyper stalking is putting up false statements...enjoy the video. If one notices--I dont ever mention Harpers personal life--dont care about it--I am attacking the "public" person associated with the nonprofit ..CEDAPP. Please share the video with your friends...then reread this letter .

• DB SmithMay 18, 2013 - 3:23 pm

Frances, Don't be intimidated by the likes of "Very concerned". It's just trying to shut you up.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 18, 2013 - 5:23 pm

DB Smith...I know--ive been a gamer on Facebook for over four years--I know the rules of the internet social walls. I have just been in and out all day--I have a rest for awhile--then I out again...

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 18, 2013 - 10:05 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-uPV-R8V9k&feature=share interesting video--I had left for awhile and it heated up

• EvelynMay 19, 2013 - 9:55 am

The Pollock Pines Community ID meeting video (HERE) -- up for only two days now -- already has had 60 views. That's about 4 times the number of people who were at the meeting.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 19, 2013 - 11:56 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-uPV-R8V9k&feature=share views are going up

• EvelynMay 19, 2013 - 12:11 pm

You've got that right, Fran!

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 19, 2013 - 12:40 pm

taking a break--I have sent this vid link--or placed it--or invited people to view it. Many El dorado people game...bingo...farmville...slots...mafia--they will start seeing it on facebook...the power of social walls can be amazing. Share the Pollock Pines video--even if you disagree--isnt fair to allow others to make up their own mind? Because that is the American way--the freedom to chose...right? Watch--decide for yourself. http://tinyurl.com/bfr8gc6

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 19, 2013 - 12:42 pm

Harpers word "guidelines" "Guideline" is the NATO reporting name for the Soviet SA-2 surface-to-air missile. Look up guideline in Wiktionary, the free dictionary. A guideline is a statement by which to determine a course of action. A guideline aims to streamline particular processes according to a set routine or sound practice. By definition, following a guideline is never mandatory. Guidelines are not binding and are not enforced. ( U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs, http://www.va.gov/trm/TRMGlossaryPage.asp ) (wiki)

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 19, 2013 - 5:49 pm

Next economy editorial--sac....New economy....READ. http://tinyurl.com/aqwkyw6 All next-new economy start with these self appointed economic groups--weve been here...I could start posting the links again--watch our video...then read this letter.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 19, 2013 - 8:07 pm

#50...people count my posts--thought I dmake it easier....all day long I have people calling and emailing about the video--some amazed--some confused--some anry that I emailed them. Emails...I have been a volunteer for years--I chose a big block of emails from an event (so the person signed up their email) and sent out the video from the meeting...One response told me to remove them from my email--so I said "sure"--I also told them if one signs up their email at a event or meeting--it is collective--it goes into a pool of addresses. I had no idea who they were-nor did I care. If one uses technology--please learn the basics--so I documented the whole thing--told her--I was doing so--and removed her email. People can watch the video or not--dont care. Again watch how you sign up for things.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 19, 2013 - 8:13 pm

51# spelling inhales sharply--im tired--hands hurt--and I am not perfect... Stanford did a study that we read phonetically anyway

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 20, 2013 - 9:39 am

I have been asked by nine people now to join this board of "advisers." What we have now is 4 CEDAPP people vs 3 Chamber people...we need 4 more people to complete the game. Although 1 is somewhere in between (shhhhhhhhhh it is a secret) Some of the people who wanted to be on it--because I asked at the last meeting...were not there? Will they show at the last meeting to save the day? I thought it was "odd" that a few of the most vocal advocates of this whole process...were not there. Next meeting is on the 24th of June...I invite everyone to come--if you have trouble at the door--just say you are with me.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 20, 2013 - 9:44 am

"Pollock Pines has selected the following people..." sorry --no one selected any one--they are self appointed. We listened to them speak--and it was a done deal. Even a person asked."so will we be voting on these people next time?" You can hear my voice (since our vid is not edited) say nope--its already a done deal...the vid is long--it heats up after I leave--about 45 mins into the meeting. also ms Harper is not at this meeting--so after the vid--read this letter again. http://tinyurl.com/bfr8gc6

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 22, 2013 - 10:58 am

From CEDAPPS recent newsblast --remember the first letter stands for "community" : Community Meetings to Improve Broadband Service Does your business or home have inadequate Internet service? Maybe you don’t have Internet service at all. The Gold Country Broadband Consortium (GCBC) is one of 14 regional consortia in the State funded by the California Advanced Services Fund Rural and Urban Regional Broadband Consortia grant program to leverage regional, state and national resources as an investment in improving and expanding broadband access. The goal of the Consortium is to provide choices for affordable Internet service. In order to do that, the GCBC is in the process of Community Economic Development Association of Pollock Pines Edition 194 CEDAPP NEWSBLAST "mapping out demand by rural homeowners, neighborhoods and business owners and conducting community meetings bringing various Internet Service Providers (ISP) to these meetings. The GCBC needs the assistance of rural residents and businesses by taking a test" "GCBC is also looking for neighborhood advocates to notify their neighbors of upcoming community meetings." The information for testing is on the newsblast--too many links to copy here. Now--once again--I would like to know why "community" activities are not at our community center? This has been in the making for awhile--I dont care if people in Pollock want this...but does the whole population even know? I know because Ive been watching communications about it for awhile. http://goldcountryconsortium.wordpress.com/ As a resident--I am inviting you to come and listen--although one had to register because you get a free lunch. If you dont eat--I guess you walk right in--not sure. It will be tomorrow at the sprotsman hall (because CEDAPP has decided this and ship n shape are where are community should go for community meetings)it will be from 10:00 to 3:00. There is no fee--and it is a "community" event. Come see the "whole" community again--or at the very least the main 30 people. Im registered...im sure many will be glad ill be there. I just saw another "community" event being held at the Sportsman s Hall--interesting. We have a community center--which is run by volunteers...I have a friend that works at the Capital and lives up here--and they cant afford broad band--ummmm

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 22, 2013 - 11:02 am

cont invitation... "Community Meeting is scheduled for 23 May 2013 from 10:00am-3:00pm at the Sportsman’s Hall, 5620 Pony Express Trail, Camino. This will be our first meeting in El Dorado County, and there are lots of reasons to be there regardless of where you live in the GCBC service area of Sierra County, Nevada County, Placer County, El Do-rado County and eastern Alpine County. The meeting's theme is "From the Pony Express to the Internet" in honor of the fact that we'll be meeting in the last surviving station on the Po-ny Express Trail; our meeting room is the former stables, and the feeling of history is palpa-ble. Speakers include Jimmy Swigart, a member of the National Pony Express Associa-tion, USDA Rural Development's Robert Tse who will talking about the use of broadband in today's agriculture and Steve Grove of McCrometer Connect who will talk about state of the art use of wireless telemetry for monitoring soil and crop conditions and controlling irri-gation and pest control activities. Lunch will be served free of charge on the Sportsman's patio. RSVP’s are required. All of this will be free to the attendees, but attendance is lim-ited to only about 110. Therefore, do not hesitate, call 530.823.4703"

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 22, 2013 - 11:20 am

I would like the people who are reading the blogs to pay attention to how many events are being pulled away from our center...someone wants a civic center...I am truly wondering why people live here in Pollock--they seem very unhappy. I support all businesses that play fair. I also believe that any community meetings should be held at the community center...it seems they have the word "community" in common. CEDAPP needs to remove the word "community" from its name--if it doesnt recognize that community meetings should be in a neutral place. Our community center is not political--it is neutral. Start paying attention...

• cookie65May 24, 2013 - 6:44 am

Very concerned, change your screen name to "clueless beyond measure". This letter is an open ended invitation to question, critique, criticize, complain, contradict, expose, slander, object, respond to, disagree with or anything else those involved feel the need to expose. Anyone who is in a public position gets to be exposed to the power of the press. It is only in case of obama and the left where the media does selective journalism.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 24, 2013 - 7:36 am

Thanks Cookie--very nicely said. I was thinking of writing a printed response--heavy sign--I cant think of any thing that doesnt include swear words. She has now moved into the realm of being so "fake" --it is an insult to intelligent people.

• cookie65May 24, 2013 - 8:08 am

The term 'community' has a number of different uses depending on the motive behind the individual using it. In this letter the it is used in varying forms 18 times. It reminds me of how often leftists have to remind everyone how compassionate they are, cause them telling us is the only evidence of it. Or how often obama mentions himself, the universe revolves around him. The need to mention it so many times suggests the writer needs to convince everyone else that 'community' has anything at all to do with what ever the agenda is. Typically the agenda of those who suffer from self-importance is to mind everyone else's business for them. To impose their version of 'community' on everyone else. This letter strikes me as an effort to sell the perception of inclusiveness. The meetings which are absolutely not government run, controlled or initiated are held in the government center.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 24, 2013 - 9:26 am

lolol...Cookie--you are brilliant!!!!

• LpMay 24, 2013 - 11:34 pm

Wow! Let's all take deep breath, relax....Can't we all just get along? Io