Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Response to Bado letter

EDITOR:  Mr. Bado, I must say I thought your letter was the most ridiculously stupid twisting of all I have written in response to these senseless people committing senseless crimes while using an inanimate object (a gun) which has no brains or ability to think for itself.

First, if “all the articles” you claimed to have read refer to “assault rifles and oversize clips,” then your reading material list is certainly minimal at best. Further, your lack of reading comprehension amazes me. I never once said I owned an assault rifle and I do not. I would support other’s rights to own them.

I suggest you reread my letters over and over until you understand what I was conveying in every one. The fact that I repeated many times for the benefit of those who can actually read and understand text, was that no one will ever be able to remove all guns, rocket launchers, bazookas, you name it, since any good machinist can make them. Perhaps not to Mil. Spec. standards, but workable just the same.

I never said I wanted one, I never said I would use one. I only stated the facts for those “unknowing liberals” as you called them, so they could understand why there will never be a totally gun-free environment in this nation. Politicos can make all the rules they want. Good machinists can make anything we want. Get it now mushbrain? Reread my letters. Or better yet have someone read them to you out loud and slowly so you truly understand.

What you are seeing is a people problem, not a gun problem. Sick people killed other people. Lastly, just because you say you, “own several handguns” does not demonstrate to me, nor convince me that you can use them competently, safely and under duress.

JIM RIORDAN

Cameron Park

• Dave LemeyersJanuary 21, 2013 - 9:45 am

Another missive from the hardened bunker of Jim Riordan. Perhaps we should henceforth call Mr. Riordan "Don Quixote". He wishes to engage in valiant battle against an imaginary enemy. Is that a gigantic liberal monster who is coming to seize all of our guns, or is it really just a windmill, flapping in the breeze like Riordan's lips?

• Jim RiordanJanuary 21, 2013 - 11:09 am

Mr. Lemeyers, Thanks for using your real name or at least a real name. How you can take “He wishes to engage in valiant battle against an imaginary enemy,” from what I wrote is beyond me. I have never said I wish to do battle with anyone. If you want to see flapping lips . . . just look down. The single point, ad nauseum, is that there will always be guns so long as there are machinists. Hopefully the majority of machinists will be honest citizens exercising their second Amendment rights. Say speaking of that, a big thank you to our top gun salespersons of the year. The POtuS & Friends. From what I have been told by gun shop owners, guns are coming in by the truckload and going out by the truckload as fast as they arrive, along with ammo. Yes sir, that anti-gun rhetoric campaign sure worked for ‘em huh?? Well, at least they are “off the streets” now and in “good” homes. Keep up the great work and S&W, Ruger, Colt and all the others thank you! Now watch the crime rate and home invasions go further down. And speaking of home invasions, check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=fGaDAThOHhA

• Al LasherJanuary 21, 2013 - 12:27 pm

Don Quixote- perfect, Dave! Riordan himself makes it better with his clueless response. LOL!

• CervantesJanuary 21, 2013 - 12:42 pm

“Destiny guides our fortunes more favorably than we could have expected. Look there, Sancho Panza, my friend, and see those thirty or so wild Liberals, with whom I intend to do battle and kill each and all of them, so with their stolen booty we can begin to enrich ourselves. This is noble, righteous warfare, for it is wonderfully useful to God to have such an evil race wiped from the face of the earth." "What Liberals?" Asked Sancho Panza. "The ones you can see over there," answered Jim Riordan, "with the huge arms, some of which are very nearly two leagues long, stretching outward to seize my gun collection." "Now look, Jim," said Sancho, "what you see over there aren't giants, but windmills, and what seems to be arms are just their sails, that go around in the wind and turn the millstone." "Obviously," replied Jim Riordan, "you don't know much about adventures.” ― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote, amended for the MD

• chrispytahoeJanuary 21, 2013 - 4:40 pm

Cervantes, I just spewed Cheerios all over my last issue of Newsweek! That was frackin hilarious!

• Jim RiordanJanuary 21, 2013 - 4:56 pm

Al lasher and Cervantes. . .Have a great hearty buffoon laugh . . I do not have a "Gun Collection" although I'm not against them . . . but I still laugh at the new Gun and ammo sales numbers which clearly indicate which way gun "control" is going . . so while I'm laughing, its on you.

• Dave LemeyersJanuary 21, 2013 - 5:00 pm

This is just too great. I love how he keeps coming back for more.

• Paddy O'furnitureJanuary 21, 2013 - 8:42 pm

True Jim, every time Obama opens his mouth about controlling firearms, more are sold. More ammo too. This country has never been more armed than it is now. Never been more firearms and ammo in the hands of its citizens. And Obama gets the credit (with a little help from DiFi and Cuomo). Oops. Well done barry. If he really wanted things to cool off, he could always shut his pie hole. But that wouldn't fly with the gun-phobe lefties. He's between a rock and a hard place. And now large numbers of county sheriffs are telling to keep his gun policies in DC, thank you very much.

Motorcycle fatality in Greenwood

EDH Fire Dept. annexing Latrobe

By Noel Stack | From Page: A1, 7 Comments

Tea Party meeting April 17

By Tea Party Patriots Of El Dorado Hills | From Page: A3, 46 Comments

Town Hall Meeting on Underage Drinking May 1

By El Dorado Hills Community Vision Coalition | From Page: A6

Floating body not a body

Old mill a goner

By Dawn Hodson | From Page: A11, 12 Comments | Gallery

A great big thanks

Murder? Suicide?

‘Drive Clean’

Middle class getting poorer?

Real estate lies

Outside with Charlie: Switch gear

Ponderosa volleyball is a family affair

Aussie team makes visit

By Special to the Democrat | From Page: A8

Griz have challenging day

Roundup: April 15, 2014

Men to walk a mile in her shoes

By Center For Violence-Free Relationships | From Page: B2 | Gallery

Runners stampede for Sugarloaf scholarships

By El Dorado County Office of Education | From Page: B2 | Gallery

At a glance: Take aim on fun

By Mimi Escabar | From Page: B2

Team works to fight disease

By Placerville Kiwanis | From Page: B3