Sanctity of life

On Aug. 1, 2013, Americans of faith, moral convictions, family owned businesses and charitable institutions will be forced to violate their deeply held religious beliefs and moral convictions by being forced to pay for sterilizations, contraceptives and abortion-causing drugs as part of Obamacare. In an effort to prevent this violation of our rights, Representative Diane Black, Tenn., has introduced the “Health Care Conscience Rights Act” (H.R. 940). This bill protects individuals and organizations from being forced to violate their religious beliefs or moral convictions. In an effort to get this bill passed by the House of Representatives, please contact Tom McClintock at ca04tmima@mail.house.gov, or at 916-786-5560, to secure his support for this bill (H.R. 940).

ANTHONY J. ARJIL
Placerville

• Phil VeerkampMay 24, 2013 - 12:36 pm

Anthony, I'm looking for something to argue about with you. . . . . . . .. . . . hmmmm . . . . . .

• James E.May 24, 2013 - 2:03 pm

Phil, we could argue for a bit -- around 30 minutes before I have to take Cassie to the Vet.

• James E.May 24, 2013 - 2:09 pm

Mr. Arjil, and you think that "Tom" wouldn't support this bill?

• James E.May 24, 2013 - 2:32 pm

Phil, sorry, my argue time is up. Back later.

• DB SmithMay 24, 2013 - 3:11 pm

Thank you Mr. Arjil for this info. I remember when Barack and Michelle Obama moved into the White House and they declared that their girls were off-limits to the news media. They said that they wanted to keep their daughters' lives as normal as possible. Very noble of them especially coming from a Nobel Peace Prize recipient. But what they say and what they do are different because just a few short years later Obama used his own daughters in a public pro-abortion speech stating, "I've got two daughters, 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. I don't want them punished with an STD at the age of 16". So Obama used his own daughters to promote the murder of innocent life which would be his own grandson or granddaughter. Obama once said that if he had a son he would look like Travon (Martin). With the mentality the Obama's have, I'll bet at one time they did have a son or another daughter but they chose murder instead. I wonder if Sasha and Malia ever wonder how many brothers or sisters they once had. Values and morals Mr. & Mrs. Obama?

• Phil VeerkampMay 24, 2013 - 9:12 pm

LINK - House Committee Hears Testimony on Bill to Ban Abortion After 20 Weeks

• DB SmithMay 26, 2013 - 8:36 am

In parts of Myanmar, and for religious reasons, the Buddhist have just recently imposed a two child limit on the Muslims to try and stem their population. For the sake of elbow room, China of course has the one child limit in urban areas and a two child limit in rural areas. In America you can kill or have as many babies as you want to.

• cookie65May 27, 2013 - 5:00 am

The left loves to argue the separation of church and state in order to force the religion of leftism on everyone. We are all forced in our daily lives to live under the doctrines of the religion of leftism. We need to get back to freedom "from" religion, the religion of liberalism.

• Dink LaneMay 27, 2013 - 1:27 pm

Passing that bill will NOT stop abortions.... in 1973 more than 5,000 women DIED from botched abortions because they were DENIED medical care. It fact that was the major argument before SCOTUS, giving desperate women rights to medical care. Do you want to force women to go BACK to these Back-alley butchers?? ..... Why are you MORE concerned about a "Possible life" (no guarantee of survival) and NOT the existing life (the woman)? Why is she trash????? This is nothing but a "PRO-BIRTH and forget them after born" Bill.... Think Solutions!

• DB SmithMay 27, 2013 - 1:36 pm

There are already plenty of butcher shops out there already Dink. A good and non-selfish beginning for all of us would be to rethink the consequences before you undo your frigin zipper or spread your frigin legs. Murdering innocent life and spreading STD's and relying on the government support are not the way to go or the answer.

• DB SmithMay 27, 2013 - 1:57 pm

BTW Dink, Since 1973 there have been over 50 MILLION murdered babies by abortionist in the US. So far today there have been close to 2,000 just in the US and the clock is still ticking.

• Dink LaneMay 27, 2013 - 2:01 pm

IF you really believe that "they are relying on government support, WHY don't you insist that all Legislator's abide by these same ground rules???? I asked Tom McClintock and he actually said "I don't have any say in my insurance provider and what they cover."...... Our tax $$$$ going to their "Abortion and LIMIT-Conservation Coverage."....... Admit it... This is just to slam people who can't afford to fight back.... You don't really care about Upper Govt officials getting this same coverage.... which includes Representative Diane Black of Tenn....

• DB SmithMay 27, 2013 - 2:07 pm

BTW Dink, Please don't feel threatened by me. I have no problem with you spreading your cheeks whenever you want. Just don't go making unwanted babies. Planned Parenthood and Obamacare are an abortionist dream.

• Dink LaneMay 27, 2013 - 3:38 pm

No.... "Planned" Parenthood and "Obamacare" (I like that term because no "Self-serving GOPer" does care in today's environment.) both talk about CONTRACEPTION..... and you will please NOTE that HR 940 (The bill in this letter)..... Calls for Restrictions on Contraception.... Anyone with common-sense would figure that leads to MORE Pregnancies .... and ..... More babes...... Desperate woman looking for more abortions..... I thought you were arguing for the "sanctity of life" ..... How is FORCING a woman to have a child.... Sanctity of HER life???? Oh, it's only those pre-birth cells that have value... not the woman cells .... Hers don't count... Listening to Louie Gomert he says she has to carry it even it's brain dead... or Virginia's AG who want women to report to the Sheriff when they have a miscarriage.... because WOMAN are ONLY baby makers.... not human beings...

• DB SmithMay 27, 2013 - 4:18 pm

Dink, Your FAKE bleeding heart liberal self is showing. You're usually spouting off about how oppressed the races are. Planned Parenthood began in 1939 for the purpose of aborting the masses of black people "to stop multiplication of the unfit". There are many more aborted (murdered) black babies than others. Where's your compassion for the innocent victim? One of these days you and people like you will begin to realize that there's a lot more to it that just screwing your brains out for a quick yee haw. Just because that helpless innocent life is unable to walk, speak or defend itself doesn't give you or anyone else the right to destroy it. Watch some abortion doctor at work on a few videos and get back with me.

• DB SmithMay 27, 2013 - 4:42 pm

Your only answer to an unwanted pregnancy is to turn a blind eye and let someone kill the innocent under the guise of "Women's Right's" and to get a vote. "To hell with morals, values and life" appears to be yours and Obama's banner. You're the most disgusting kind of liberal piece of chicken sh*t there is.

• ChelseaMay 27, 2013 - 4:44 pm

• Phil VeerkampMay 27, 2013 - 4:56 pm

Well now! Isn't that simple. Chelsea seems to have solved the abortion puzzle. Early, middle, late, post delivery, one day home, around the age sixteen murder is ok. I could certainly have resorted to murdering kids at age sixteen. So butt out!

• DB SmithMay 27, 2013 - 5:10 pm

You ended in Period. Chelsea and I hope you're able to stay on it.

• Kirk W MacKenzieMay 27, 2013 - 5:15 pm

Until there is a loving and capable home ready to adopt every unwanted child, I will support a woman's right to choose abortion.

• Phil VeerkampMay 27, 2013 - 5:28 pm

Or to put it another way, Kirk? Until there is a loving and capable home ready to adopt every unwanted child, I will support a woman's right to kill it.

• DB SmithMay 27, 2013 - 5:29 pm

Kirk, Does don't get pregnant UNTIL...there is a LOVING, CAPABLE, HOME available make any sense to you?

• Phil VeerkampMay 27, 2013 - 5:32 pm

Dink, from the liberal guardian.co.uk here is an unusual read. - LINK - Why are liberals so rude to the right? Too many people who lean left would rather crack nasty jokes than actually be liberal and listen to other views

• James E.May 27, 2013 - 5:46 pm

Chat about abortion is nonproductive because one side is never going to be changed by the other. However, I notice Phil's UK link. Liberals abusing Conservations with comments and jokes and thereby not listening to the views of Conservatives? Phil, I promise to not abuse you, so tell me your view about something (not abortion). As Dr. Crane would say, I'm listening.

• James E.May 27, 2013 - 5:48 pm

Wait, could the UK piece be satire?

• DB SmithMay 27, 2013 - 5:52 pm

You're wrong Colonel. If just one reader, man or woman or child, takes a second thought before deciding to kill an innocent life then I think it's all very much worth it and I'll keep up the fight. Hope you're having a good day.

• Phil VeerkampMay 27, 2013 - 5:53 pm

Ahhhh, James! You seem to have solved the puzzle.

• James E.May 27, 2013 - 6:01 pm

DB, no question, I've been wrong a number of times in my life And, a good day to you too.

• Ken SteersMay 27, 2013 - 7:21 pm

Isn't infanticide more a matter of convenience? Marketed as a woman's right to choose. How convenient it is to say its alright to murder children because no one wants them. When in reality today people wait years and pay tens of thousands of dollars for a new born baby from our own country. I read those lemmings on the left who portray murder as a civil right. When in fact it was the progressive founders like Hillary's idol Sanger who pushed for abortions to reduce the black population. http://www.blackgenocide.org/sanger.html I guess today for me Memorial Day has another meaning. The remembrance of millions of defenseless children. Because they had to be conceived during the wrong time in our history. http://www.nationalblackprolifeunion.com/

• cookie65May 27, 2013 - 7:29 pm

I am somewhat unique in my perspective on abortion. While I fully support the idea of leftists not reproducing and just another person who ends up voting for a paycheck rather than working for a paycheck, I have never been the type with enough selfishness and arrogance to terminate the life of another for my convenience. I am concrete in my support of freewill but I notice how everyone who has an opinion on abortion was not aborted. I have never viewed kids as anything other than a gift. All the names the left gives them in order to justify snuffing life don’t work on me. I realize how many people there are who shouldn’t have children but that is a product of liberalism. They have labeled the values that are the foundation of the family as regressive and phobic for so long that society being based on the family unit is now looked down on. I have also wondered most of my life if an abortion is easier than prevention. I realize how personal responsibility is not how liberalism advances, but the idea that pregnancy cannot be prevented is a really big red flag in the declining intellect of our country. For years the leftists have taught their point of view on life in the public schools and every year the number of unwanted pregnancies goes up and they call it progress.

• cookie65May 27, 2013 - 7:45 pm

The walls in my house are covered with life. I don't know anyone who has pictures of their aborted children.

• cookie65May 27, 2013 - 8:02 pm

When the government becomes the father figure in society more prisons are needed and the judicial system become overwhelmed. When the government becomes the mother figure in society the country goes bankrupt. If we abort government our major problems will be solved. If obama would have been aborted who would the left look to as their savior? If Tesla would have been aborted you could forget most of the things you take for granted. You may need to look that one up.

• cookie65May 27, 2013 - 9:04 pm

This is for Chelsea. http://www.kcra.com/news/national/baby-survives-being-flushed-down-the-toilet/-/11797450/20321102/-/ktrg3pz/-/index.html

• ChelseaMay 28, 2013 - 9:29 am

That news story proves my point, not yours! Without a viable, legal option to end a pregnancy during its EARLIEST stages, this kind of stuff will happen more. Criminalizing abortion does not stop them from happening, it just makes them more dangerous. The idea that banning abortion will end abortions and child endangerment/abandonment is naive and simple ridiculous! Of course people should be responsible and take precautions against getting pregnant if they are not ready to have a child. But things happen and women WILL ALWAYS (as they have throughout history) attempt to end their pregnancies. Wouldn't it make more sense to give women safe, healthy options? A fetus (aka cells in their earliest stages of growth) aborted is much better for everyone than a full term baby in a toilet or dumpster. You cannot police the world. Things happen and people make bad choices. But early, safe, legal abortion is an acceptable choice for the women who make that choice. No one is FOR ABORTION. No one thinks its a good thing. The issue lies with whether or not the government, or individuals such as yourselves, have the right to police women's bodies. THEY DON'T. Live your life, control YOUR OWN body, and leave other people alone.

• cookie65May 28, 2013 - 9:51 am

Chelsea, where did I say anything about criminalizing abortion? This baby in the sewer is just like Dr. Gosnell in Philly. It is the natural conclusion to the diminished value of life. Who ever dumped that baby in the toilet was echoing what you said, "Neither the government, nor any other individual has a right to tell me what I can and cannot do with my own body. If you don't believe in abortion, don't have one. Otherwise, stay out of it. Period." When do the unborn get a say in what happens to "their" body?

• DB SmithMay 28, 2013 - 9:52 am

Chelsea, When your unplanned and selfish lifestyle willingly involves another innocent life besides your own, then that act will always involve others. I especially don't want to police your body but would hope that you start to learn some morals and values for life and begin to respect your given and special capability. Men are just as culpable as women.

• cookie65May 28, 2013 - 10:15 am

Chelsea, there a number of different, viable, inexpensive and legal options to prevent pregnancy. You should look into it. A tiny bit of education goes a long ways. Look into the history of eugenics and Margaret Sanger to learn the foundation behind abortion in America. It may wake you up. You think it is about you, but it isn't. http://www.blackgenocide.org/sanger.html

• Ken SteersMay 28, 2013 - 10:31 am

Chelsea, Margaret Sanger believed abortion is a "good thing". To control the population of undesirables. The magazine Femniste is a moral "good thing". Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Boxer believes it's a "good thing". And go out of their way to say life starts at birth not partial birth. Millions of minority and impoverished babies have been subjected to infanticide for no other reason then having the misfortune to be conceived at a time in our history that our society glorifies abortion as a "good thing". Millions of people pay tens of thousands of dollars and wait year in the hope that someone might feel that adoption is a "good thing".

• cookie65May 28, 2013 - 10:39 am

The diminished value of life. 6 month old shot dead over a video game. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2331836/Jonylah-Watkins-Chicago-gang-member-charged-murder-shot-dead-month-old-girl-dad-stole-video-game-console.html

• cookie65May 28, 2013 - 10:41 am

The most dangerous place in America? The womb of a black girl between the ages of 15 and 25.

• kggMay 28, 2013 - 5:54 pm

i can understand why folks have moral issues with abortions. but contraception prevention, tube tying, and vasectomies - these are legitimite insurance expenses. as a matter of fact, insurance companies save money on these - they don't have to pay expenses for more children. why should those against these procedures be able to force people to have children?

• cookie65May 28, 2013 - 6:23 pm

kgg, who is against those procedures? If you are talking about people who are so bent on some legalistic religion, then they fall into the category of single issue voter which I have a serious problem with. Single issue voters are the biggest problem with our country. Whether the issue is abortion, environment, redistribution of wealth, getting even with the rich or the color of ones skin. They are how we get people like obama, pelosi, boxer, feinstein, reid, waters and dozens of other empty, incompetent officials who get elected by people voting for a paycheck rather than working for a paycheck.

• cookie65May 28, 2013 - 8:38 pm

kgg, have you seen what the auditors in Massachusetts uncovered in their welfare system? A state audit has revealed that Massachusetts has given out $18 million in “questionable public assistance benefits” in recent years, in cases that included the distribution of benefits to more than 1,160 people who were either dead or using the Social Security number of a deceased person. In some cases, recipients began receiving benefits for the first time after their deaths. Do I need to ask you what political party these people vote for and why?

• cookie65May 28, 2013 - 9:19 pm

kgg, how long have the leftists been running Chicago? This is what the entire country has to look forward to, the further down the road to utopia we go. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-homeless-youth-chicago-20130528,0,5201604.story

• JohnMay 28, 2013 - 10:31 pm

It is tragi-comic to read the amount of misinformation/disinformation circulating in just this one post. Arjil's letter is an ideological rant and Dink produces facts and figures which are easily verified to debunk Arjil's make-believe world. Instead, he is attacked not with facts and figures, but with more ideology disguised as facts--obviously pulled from the writer's secret place where the sun never shines. No two ways about it: right wingers live in a bubble that neither truth nor science can penetrate.

By Michael Raffety | From Page: A2, 1 Comment