Friday, April 25, 2014

Setting the record straight

From page A7 | September 20, 2013 | 73 Comments

This is to the Cookies, Jims, Evelyns and others, who chose to comment on my recent letter to the Mountain Democrat, “Ongoing Nutting Debate.” Have the guts to use your full name, on your online comments. Fess up, give me a call.

Yes, I was Supervisor Briggs’ administrative assistant, also to Supervisor Walt Shultz, in the mid-90s. I have known Ray Nutting for about 20 years. I voted for him when I lived in District II. Todd White supported Nutting.

For the unknowing or those who assume, Brenda Bailey is not related to the Bailey/Briggs family. In fact, I recommended her for the position as Ron Briggs’ assistant. She is highly qualified and served previously as a BOS administrative assistant. I did serve on the Republican Central Committee, but due to my new position with the county, I did not seek a second term, feeling there might be potential conflicts. I did not serve with Alex Briggs or Dallas Sweeney. The Central Committee is an elected position by the people in their district. So, what’s your point?

Shame on you Cookie, to intimate that there is something inappropriate going on between Todd White and myself. Is this because you lack morals and character, believing others conduct themselves in the same manner as you? I recall something about “casting the first stone.”

Not that I think it is any of your business, but here are the facts: I met Todd White when he was a high school student. I managed the Republican headquarters in 2004 and he was one of the volunteers. Like myself, Todd is a political junky. He is wise beyond his years. I respect both he and his family. I wish I could say the same for those of you, who without knowing Todd, have been so critical of him. Todd is not running for supervisor and to my knowledge, school district board members do not have assistants. Having said that, Todd will always have my assistance and support for whatever his endeavors.

It is not typical of me to respond back to those who have commented on a previous letter. I find it counterproductive to respond to those who talk in circles, can’t seem to get to the point and lack knowledge. I have a long history in this county. Therefore, I am acquainted with many and over the years, been active at meetings throughout the county and state. I am known for my research and documentation. I am not shy about voicing my opinion, often disagreeing with the actions by our elected representatives.

I stand on my own. I do not need the help of Ron Briggs or the DA, to compose a letter. Not to mention, it would be very stupid, based on Mr. Nutting’s pending case.

I look forward to Sept. 20, when all will hear the testimony from both sides, or possibly a dismissal by the judge. For now the jury is still out, for Mr. Nutting and the others who have been implicated, for this assumed political conspiracy. Wise people do not assume.

TERRY GHERARDI
Cameron Park

• 1036-FrankSeptember 18, 2013 - 6:13 pm

Some of these people should be embarrassed one would think, their knee-jerk assumption comments are beginning to be without the merit of an ounce of fact and without a shred of credibility. I am not sure how these people are straying so far from the truth, inventing negative motives, conspiracies and falsehoods. Should they be shocked that some people only seek honest leadership and the enforcement of the law and best interests of the county?

• EvelynSeptember 18, 2013 - 6:30 pm

Wow!

• Phil VeerkampSeptember 18, 2013 - 6:43 pm

TERRY GHERARDI, most on this forum know that I begrudgingly claim Evelyn as my big sister. She and Jesus were born on the same day. Watch it!

• EvelynSeptember 18, 2013 - 6:46 pm

Terry: You ask for people to "give me a call." Would that be at your home no., which is online, or some other? For the record, however, my revulsion was twofold: (1) the Mt. Dem. had published YET ANOTHER pre-trial Nutting letter, and (2) the promotion of your choice for Nutting's replacement, pre-trial. The waters have been seriously muddied.

• EvelynSeptember 18, 2013 - 6:52 pm

P.S. Terry: The whiff of a double standard? Over the past several months the Mt. Dem. has published EXTENSIVELY every variety of article and letter condemning Ray Nutting. I trust you didn't object? HERE is your original letter, which even today had comments tacked onto it, though not about the Nutting case.

• Phil VeerkampSeptember 18, 2013 - 9:04 pm

Terry, there is help at - 855-732-5836

• Fran DuchampSeptember 18, 2013 - 9:13 pm

Phil...could my 11 yr old grandson listen to this Art Bell?

• Fran DuchampSeptember 18, 2013 - 9:14 pm

I reason im asking is right now as im posting--both of us are listening to "where the Red Fern Grows" we listen to books...or I read to him.

• Phil VeerkampSeptember 18, 2013 - 9:20 pm

Yes. ART BELL prohibits profanity. But give the lad plenty of grains of salt.

• Fran DuchampSeptember 18, 2013 - 9:32 pm

lolol...he has me as a nana--im skeptical of everything. shhhhhhhhhh he still believes in magic.

• Fran DuchampSeptember 18, 2013 - 9:35 pm

I remember hearing Orson Welles War of the Worlds radio broadcast at ten--I was alone and thought it was real...scared me...until someone arrived and said it wasnt real. wow 44 years ago. Lolol good night everyone.

• EvelynSeptember 18, 2013 - 9:36 pm

Phil: I had to check to see who 855-732-5836 belongs to. Anyone else wanting to know can just stick the number into search and PRESTO!!!

• Phil VeerkampSeptember 18, 2013 - 9:45 pm

Tonight's guest is Jonathan Reed. His story - Alien in the freezer - great stuff!!!

• Phil VeerkampSeptember 18, 2013 - 9:48 pm

Tomorrow night's guest is Richard C. Hoagland

• Nay RuttingSeptember 19, 2013 - 1:50 pm

Good job my minions! Keep the focus elsewhere. Fran, there will be a little something extra in the envelope for you this week. ;-) Keep up the great work all! I've got to go...people to see, forests to burn down, documents to forge and such. No rest for the wicked!

• Fran DuchampSeptember 19, 2013 - 1:57 pm

Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law...it is really sad to see so many who do not respect the Constitution any more.

• Nay RuttingSeptember 19, 2013 - 2:02 pm

Excellent Fran! Keep up the mantra! Although, you don't have to sit at your computer and reply to everything all day. I do allow bathroom breaks. I'm not a monster, after all. Mmwhaaa ha ha!

• Fran DuchampSeptember 19, 2013 - 2:02 pm

September 17 is recognized in the United States as Constitution Day and Citizenship Day. The purpose of Constitution Day and Citizenship Day is to commemorate the creation and signing of the supreme law of the land and to honor and celebrate the privileges and responsibilities of U.S. citizenship for both native-born and naturalized citizens. I know it is only a couple of days pass the 17th...but still. Shaking head.

• Nay RuttingSeptember 19, 2013 - 2:06 pm

Fran! You've earned your bonus! Any more of this good work and I'll have to start applying for more grants to pay you! Yes, all is proceeding as I have foreseen.Tomorrow will be a dark day indeed for all my detractors...you'll see, I'll show ya! *Twirls mustache* Mwahahahahaha!

• gutless no nameSeptember 19, 2013 - 2:08 pm

Nay ............. Terry seeks validation, contact him immed. after your bathroom break or when you return from Tahoe whichever comes 1st

• Fran DuchampSeptember 19, 2013 - 2:12 pm

Nay...who are all these people? sunshine doesnt really sound like they respect them....Sunshine June 28, 2013 - 5:22 am Harn has always been involved in influence peddling. He supported and worked on campaigns for Mark Nielson, Helen Bauman, BFF- Rusty Dupray, John Knight, Cherie Raffety, Jeff Neves, Hal Barker, BFF- John McGinnis, Thurkelsin, Bill Schultz, Vern Pierson and the list goes on and on. When does Harn have time to do his job? Harn is paid more than the Secretary of State of the United States. He is a partner in a CPA firm Dolan and Harn with an office in Walnut Creek. He audits HUD housing in other counties, on county time. Could these jobs be gotten because he is auditor of EDC? He has not disclosed this income or this business on his 700 forms at the Election Dept. Harn has had sexual harassment charges filed against him with the county. He has used an elected friend's office to employ his girl friend to hide her from his wife, when he was married. This girlfriend is the highest paid person in his office as a senior auditor. Harn lobbies for Angelo Tsakapalos and friends before the Board of Supervisors, not as a citizen, but in testimony identifies himself as "Auditor/Controller " for the official record . Harn has held his office too long. He feels he owns the county and it's residents and that he is exempt from morality and ethics. Its time for him to go.

• Nay RuttingSeptember 19, 2013 - 2:13 pm

Aye, it seems you have my confused with someone else Gutless. I have no plans to be in Tahoe, or any other courtroom for that matter. A true puppet master never lets the puppets know they're attached to strings. My bidding shall be done, willingly or otherwise. I have foreseen it! Mwhahahahahaha!

• Nay RuttingSeptember 19, 2013 - 2:15 pm

Yes Fran, who are those people indeed? All who are here to read and comment should think long and hard about those comments, and ignore any other information. Good Fran, good...you have done well my apprentice.

• Fran DuchampSeptember 19, 2013 - 2:23 pm

Nay im bored...you made me laugh...so im moving on....yet--Ray is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Salute. You seem almost kind...lololol...send someone meaner. Although it was interesting to see Sunshine bring up Helen. I say everyone step down and James ,Evelyn, Phil,Cookie,Rj, Morris and the sock puppets can run the county with Mr. Fred as an advisor. At least they make sense.

• Nay RuttingSeptember 19, 2013 - 3:06 pm

Make sense? No Fran! No! I'm deducting 1 Rutting Buck from your pay packet this week. Your job is to not make sense, post diatribes against Harper, discuss beenie weenies, contribute nutritious meal suggestions (full of fruits and vegetables) and just generally be a loony. If you start talking about making sense, people might start focusing on real information, and I can't have that. Get back to it Fran. You've done so well at steering the comments in every direction, from the ridiculous to the sublime. Don't fail me now when we're so close to the finish line!

• Fran DuchampSeptember 19, 2013 - 3:10 pm

Nay--im out of scooby doo biscuits--go away now.

• Nay RuttingSeptember 19, 2013 - 3:13 pm

Better, but I'm not getting my monies worth. Ramp up the nutball factor Fran! I know you can, I've seen you do it. Don't hold out on me! If we're going to get through this thing, I need you in full blown wackaloon mode! Do me proud!

• James E.September 19, 2013 - 3:20 pm

Fran, sometimes silence is the best offense.

• Fran DuchampSeptember 19, 2013 - 3:33 pm

wink. Tom Delay--interesting stories...can he sue Texas for wrongful arrest? The "Hammer"...seems like he is still swinging...

• James E.September 19, 2013 - 3:47 pm

Fran, really hard to sue prosecutors as they have immunity.

• Fran DuchampSeptember 19, 2013 - 3:56 pm

I am just learning the story now...I have a meeting to go to soon...but will read more tonight--you guys have fun--give em heck

• EvelynSeptember 19, 2013 - 4:08 pm

Speaking of "Setting the record straight" and puzzled by Terry's "Shame on you Cookie, to intimate that there is something inappropriate going on between Todd White and myself " I went in search of the source of Terry's agitation. I'm pretty sure it was Cookie's September 14, 2013 - 9:55 am comment: "The only thing missing is the tingle up Terry's leg." Terry, if you are following along, that's an old joke that periodically makes the rounds on this forum, originating with (bless his heart) Chris Matthews who, in an interview, said: he '"felt this thrill going up my leg" when hearing then-candidate Barack Obama speak.' Sure, we're peons, but we thought it funny then and we think it funny now. - HERE

• Nay RuttingSeptember 19, 2013 - 4:12 pm

See you at the meeting Fran! I'll meet you out back behind the dumpster to give you the envelope and your tin foil hat. Hopefully it will give you a tingle! Smooches! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

• James E.September 19, 2013 - 4:14 pm

Chris Matthews, or as we call him in our house -- tweety bird.

• EvelynSeptember 19, 2013 - 4:21 pm

One further clarification. Scrutiny of the comments section of Terry Gherardi's 1st letter (here) reveals not so much criticism of Todd White but rather of Terry's seemingly opportunistic endorsement of him at this particular time. Terry: Since you apparently follow your letters' comments, please let us know which ones you'd like to discuss. We will happily engage.

• Nay RuttingSeptember 19, 2013 - 4:31 pm

Evelyn, meet Fran and I out by the dumpster tonight. I'll have a tin foil hat for you as well. Good evening.

• EvelynSeptember 19, 2013 - 4:35 pm

Nay: Correct your English to "Fran and me". Would you ever say "Meet I at the dumpster"?

• Jerry FletcherSeptember 19, 2013 - 4:37 pm

A good conspiracy is unprovable. I mean, if you can prove it, it means they screwed up somewhere along the line. The Vietnam War was fought over a bet that Howard Hughes lost to Aristotle Onassis.What do we know? If I know what we know then I could tell you what we know and if anyone else knows! July eighth, 1979, all the fathers of Nobel Prize winners were rounded up by United Nations military units, all right, and actually forced at gunpoint to give semen samples in little plastic jars, which are now stored below Rockefeller Center underneath the ice skating rink..

• Nay RuttingSeptember 19, 2013 - 4:39 pm

Meet I at the dumpster for your tin foil hat tonight Evelyn, otherwise their boorish thought wave manipulator will turn you into a grammar Nazi! My God, it may be too late!!!!!

• Charles Edward CheeseSeptember 19, 2013 - 4:44 pm

This is a call to arms! We must protect our children from Todd White and his non-existent campaign for County Supervisor! Who's with me????

• Foamie Mouth®September 19, 2013 - 4:53 pm

foaming @ the mouth (aka FatM) always spreads cheesy rumors

• James E.September 19, 2013 - 5:12 pm

When I used to frequent the rink, I had no idea there was semen samples hidden below. Just goes to show.

• cookie65September 20, 2013 - 5:58 am

My dad used to tell me that my one-liners cut to the bone. Thanks for reminding me just how smart he was.

• Justice InsiderSeptember 20, 2013 - 6:16 am

Gotta give Nay some credit as the first blogger getting Fran to admit she's bored. Good work Nay.

• cookie65September 20, 2013 - 6:26 am

So, I reviewed the letter in question and found that I made the following comments on the letter itself. -- cookie65September 13, 2013 - 5:06 am For those of you keeping score, this is the first letter endorsing Todd White for Ray Nuttings seat on the board. -- cookie65September 13, 2013 - 9:59 am 10-1 that Briggs and Pierson both had input in this letter before it found its way to the MD. Speaking of letters, when will the one written on the taxpayers dime from Pierson to Briggs ever see the light of day? -- cookie65September 14, 2013 - 8:49 am This letter actually gets funnier every time you read it. I think I will save it in my documents for those days when I need a good laugh -- cookie65September 14, 2013 - 9:52 am Evelyn, you have to at least appreciate the sophomoric desperation within this cluster of doormat bootlicking. I can help you find the humor in it. LOL!!! -- cookie65September 14, 2013 - 9:55 am The only thing missing is the tingle up Terry's leg. --- I would imagine you spent time, effort and energy composing such an inspiring review and lavish praise of Todd White only to have it dashed on the rocks by someone who saw the blatant transparency of it with such ease. The waste of time you had invested must have left you feeling very discouraged which you publicize with this letter. I don't fool easily, and I question the motives of anyone who gushes such sap over another human being. Send another letter, I will do the same exact thing.

• cookie65September 20, 2013 - 6:28 am

Jerry Fletcher, you left out the space shuttle earthquake theory.

• Terry JorgensenSeptember 20, 2013 - 6:31 am

You people are a bunch of nut jobs. Seriously, get a life. Nice letter, most of the normal people in the county stop reading online due to these idiots and their comments.

• cookie65September 20, 2013 - 6:31 am

When you throw a rock over a fence, it is the hit dog that yelps.

• Phil VeerkampSeptember 20, 2013 - 6:40 am

Jerry Fletcher = Richard C. Hoagland?

• cookie65September 20, 2013 - 6:58 am

Jerry Fletcher is the character Mel Gibson plays in the movie Conspiracy Theory.

• R.J. CarterSeptember 20, 2013 - 7:07 am

How about the guy who once posted under the name Gordon Shumway.....That was classic....

• Jethro McSwiftSeptember 20, 2013 - 7:24 am

R.J., Gordon Shumway is my mother-in-law. What's yer point?

• cookie65September 20, 2013 - 8:19 am

Terry Jorgensen, "normal people"? I guess you wouldn't be included in that group since you are here, reading and commenting. I do find the term somewhat obscure and lacking in definition. I challenge you to define it. Based on the context of this discussion I will submit my version of your use of the word.--- ROBOTS.

• Gordon ShumwaySeptember 20, 2013 - 8:35 am

Hey Willie! I'm hungry...where's the family cat?

• Oh BrotherSeptember 20, 2013 - 9:25 am

I hope Mr. Nutting chooses to let a jury of his peers decide. This District Attorney's office and these court appointed attorneys just get people to plead out. I watched a case that the person was innocent and they convinced him to plead out because he had one previous case years before for a different offense. Sad thing is the person has a disability and the courts don't give a hoot about that or innocence. I am not going to argue the case on this blog but I am seriously considering joining these watch dog groups that everyone thinks are so radical and see what can be done to protect the innocent from the so called judicial system that has proven to me that it will lie and intimidate at any cost..go to trial always!!!

• Fly On The WallSeptember 20, 2013 - 9:34 am

Bzzz...Screwtape Letters...bzzz...Lord of the Flies...bzzzz...Nay Rutting...bzzzzzzzzz...Devil's Advocate...bzzzz bzzzz...Mountain Demon-crap...bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Nay RuttingSeptember 20, 2013 - 9:50 am

Oh Brother...join up and there will be a cookie and a tin foil hat in it for you. Our team is small, but ready for aggressive expansion!

• Jerry FletcherSeptember 20, 2013 - 9:51 am

“The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory, is that conspiracy theorists believe in a conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is actually chaotic. The truth is that it is not The Iluminati, or The Jewish Banking Conspiracy, or the Gray Alien Theory. The truth is far more frightening - Nobody is in control. The world is rudderless.” ― Alan Moore

• Jerry FletcherSeptember 20, 2013 - 9:52 am

“Conspiracy theory is the ultimate refuge of the powerless. If you cannot change your own life, it must be that some greater force controls the world.” ― Roger Cohen

• Oh BrotherSeptember 20, 2013 - 9:57 am

Same old blah blah blah from people who think they are the only righteous ones on earth lmfao

• Nay RuttingSeptember 20, 2013 - 10:10 am

That's a good start Brother, but it lacks passion. Throw out a few more of those "watchdog" comments. Those really take the heat off. You've only earned a half cookie so far. If you need pointers, go to Fran. She;s the master of theatricality and deception...

• Jim RiordanSeptember 20, 2013 - 10:50 am

For the record, don't include me in your "Jims", lady. I always use my full and real name.

• cookie65September 20, 2013 - 11:40 am

Jim, if you saw the first letter, it was a slobbering dribble of Todd White infatuation. This letter is proof that those who pointed it out hit the nail on the head.

• Nay RuttingSeptember 20, 2013 - 11:51 am

Yes it is, cookie, yes it is. Didn't you have something to say about some kind of inappropriate relationship between Terry and Todd? Let's play up that angle. Scandal sells! Good work!

• Charles Edward CheeseSeptember 20, 2013 - 11:53 am

Won't someone please think about the children! This non-existent campaign for County Supervisor by Todd White must be stopped. Someone, for the love of God, start a petition to remove his name (which does not exist) from the ballot.

• Foamie Mouth®September 20, 2013 - 12:17 pm

boyz will be boyz ........... teammate cheese rutting fletcher

• EvelynSeptember 20, 2013 - 8:38 pm

TERRY GHERARDI: Knowing that you always use your full name, you cannot be the person who elsewhere found me arrogant, self-righteous, self-absorbed, narrow-minded, rude & hateful. However, I wouldn’t blame you in the least had it been you. Looking back, I agree that I should have commented on your letters with less of an “edge”. Surely, had we been face to face, I would have framed my concerns differently, and rightly so. As for my identity, about a year ago I ceased using my surname when commenting, and said so then. There were just too many people with the same surname appearing on these pages – and we all are very different. So …………….. thanks to the person who set me right. And, apologies to you, Terry. – Evelyn Veerkamp

• James E.September 20, 2013 - 8:43 pm

Evelyn, AKA Phil's big sister. Evelyn, way to go beating the crapola out of that guy putting pressure on Phil. Mega respect.

• James E.September 20, 2013 - 8:46 pm

I have never found Evelyn to be rude or abusive. She is excellent in finding and posting sites that tend to destroy my arguments, But, that's the way it should be.

• James E.September 20, 2013 - 8:48 pm

OK, Evelyn, just a couple of times. Not often.

• Barbara RogersSeptember 20, 2013 - 10:41 pm

Wow, this must be the reason none of the regulars chimed in on my letter regarding the financial disaster El Dorado County Fire is facing...wow.

• PatriciaSeptember 22, 2013 - 8:45 am

midnight12: Have a great day.

• RailroadOctober 15, 2013 - 4:23 pm

Remember Oh Brother. Innocent people don't accept plea deals. Never

Heard over the back fence: Advice offered writers

Big marijuana find in EDH

By Cole Mayer | From Page: A1, 1 Comment | Gallery

Jury: Sanford guilty of murder

Initiative seeks roundabout vote

By Wendy Schultz | From Page: A1, 2 Comments

Sheriff cracking down on Tahoe pot grows

By Tahoe Tribune | From Page: A3

Burn permits required May 1

By Cal Fire | From Page: A7

County backs task force to reduce human trafficking

By Chris Daley | From Page: A13

5 years prison for child porn

By News Release | From Page: A14

A victim tells her story

By Chris Daley | From Page: A14

Income inequality

By Mountain Democrat | From Page: A4, 2 Comments

Billingsley’s Bullets: Marriage makes me laugh

By Bob Billingsley | From Page: A4

What happened to ‘fair and balanced?’

Red tape

Is Ukraine in Asia, Europe or Latin America?

Vote for Parlin

By Letters to the Editor | From Page: A5, 1 Comment

County and ‘Miwoks’ getting together

By Letters to the Editor | From Page: A5, 1 Comment

Ray Nutting’s donation for DA

Brown leads Golden Sierra

By Rebecca Reddish | From Page: A9

Cougars 1, Grizzlies 1

By Jerry Heinzer | From Page: A9

Cougars capitalize against Union Mine

Troy unpends Davis

By Brandon Anicich | From Page: A9 | Gallery

El Dorado wins tri-meet

D’backs drop the ‘Hammer’

By Mike Bush | From Page: A9

Cool Beerwerks is very cool

By Krysten Kellum | From Page: B2 | Gallery

Placerville celebrates Earth Day

By News Release | From Page: B3

Handcar Derby to get pumping

By Folsom Handcar Derby | From Page: B3

IT presents a Reader’s Theater of ‘Our Town’

By Imagination Theater | From Page: B4 | Gallery

Enjoy spring with Steiner Road wineries

By Steiner Road Wineries | From Page: B4

Art and brew are a perfect pair

By News Release | From Page: B5