Thanking D’Agostini

An open letter to the editor of The Mountain Democrat regarding El Dorado County Sheriff John D’Agostini:

Sheriff D’Agostini,

Please know that I have carefully read your outstanding letter to VP Biden regarding your refusal to obey unconstitutional laws and executive orders. With great pride, I have forwarded your letter to friends and acquaintances across our great state and nation.

It would be such a tremendous understatement on my part to just offer you a simple thank you for the courage and tenacity that you have displayed in keeping every promise that you made during your campaign a couple years ago.

The content and form of your rare character, outstanding leadership skills and fidelity to the Constitution of The United States are now very evident to every informed, educated and knowledgeable citizen of this historic and wonderful county. One can only hope that the uninformed and naive will make an effort to educate themselves to be able to see and understand the obvious truth of where our country is being steered.

You have and continue to lead by example and in my seven years of active military service I know first hand that there is no finer form of leadership. Unfortunately today’s military and elected officials do not appear to have your leadership skills, spine, vision, responsibility to your oath of office and keeping the promises made to myself and many other El Dorado County constituents.

You have both my approval and unshakable support in this regard.

Respectfully and with warmest regards,

NORM MAHALICH
Placerville

• Karen WoodrellJanuary 27, 2013 - 12:26 pm

Ditto.

• 1036-FrankJanuary 27, 2013 - 5:06 pm

This was a time to stand up for the Constitution that he swore to uphold and he did. It was also a time to face the liberal media onslaught and questioning and he did. All who believe the founders of our country were correct support the 2nd amendment which is an individual right to bear arms. It has nothing to do with the continual liberal spin doctors and what they want it to mean, and they wish it had said, the words are written simply enough and don't need new spinning by liberals out to take freedom away from the law abiding and propose nothing in the way of new punishment for lawbreakers with firearms which tells all of us their desire is to go after honest law abiding people for political gain. The Sheriff has gained the respect of all who want our Constitution upheld, first, last, and always.

• cookie65January 30, 2013 - 7:29 am

As the leftists gain more and more control in this country by creating government dependence and creating low information citizens thru the union run education system with help from all forms of media those who are willing to stand up to them will become even more important to preserving the original intent of those who won our liberty. And they will be attacted with everything the left has to offer. The left is very schooled at the politics of personal destruction and they possess no moral objection in destroying anyone who opposes them. Stand your ground John.

• EvelynJanuary 30, 2013 - 8:08 am

"The County Sheriff:The Ultimate Check & Balance" - HERE

• Jim RiordanJanuary 30, 2013 - 10:11 am

Mr. Norm Mahalich, Thank you for such an outstanding letter to our Sheriff. I agree with every word and I too pledge my approval and unshakable support. Our County is truly fortunate.

• Jim RiordanJanuary 30, 2013 - 10:15 am

Great Job Cookie and Frank.

• Alexis MooreJanuary 30, 2013 - 1:00 pm

Thank you Mr. Mahalich for writing this letter. Sheriff indeed you continue to lead by example and we are very lucky to have your leadership in El Dorado County.

• Dink LaneJanuary 30, 2013 - 1:02 pm

Did anyone listen to the SENATE COMMITTEE INVESTIGATING GUN VIOLENCE Hearings????..... Did anyone listen to James Johnson, chief of police for Baltimore County, MD????? ....... He said he was speaking for 9 other LAW ENFORCEMENT communities????...... Instead of doing the "Tea-Party" dance.... Look at the NRA's Testimony in 1995...... Where UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECKS were VITAL.... to STOPPING gun violence..... OH, God I pray the TRUE Conservatives would get their common sense back before they destroy our way of life....

• Ken SteersJanuary 30, 2013 - 5:16 pm

No I didn't. What would scumbag Garon say? "It's a fait acomplit" I'm not sure who the democrat socialist are trying to convince. They control our state and country. Just lead, and enjoy your pedifile junkets in the Carribean.

• Paddy O'furnitureJanuary 30, 2013 - 8:52 pm

Hey Dink, you say "OH, God I pray the TRUE Conservatives would get their common sense back before they destroy our way of life...." You, however, seem pretty content to destroy our way of life, do you not? The conservative just wants to be left alone. The liberal is determined not to let him. We're doing nothing wrong. Leave us be.

• Tom SwinertonJanuary 31, 2013 - 8:27 pm

Talk is cheap. When push comes to shove, the sheriff will do NOTHING, and then what will you all say?

• AaronFebruary 02, 2013 - 1:24 pm

I support Sheriff D'Agostini

• RoseannFebruary 02, 2013 - 1:41 pm

Thank you Mr. Mahalich for your letter. And thank you Sheriff D'Agostini for your unwavering leadership. You have my support.

• BethFebruary 02, 2013 - 1:56 pm

I totally support Sheriff D'Agostini!!

• MeganFebruary 02, 2013 - 2:01 pm

I support Sherriff D'Agostini!

• Steven GregoryFebruary 02, 2013 - 2:17 pm

I Support Sheriff D’Agostini. You should too!

• Jack BankFebruary 02, 2013 - 2:37 pm

Isupport Sheriff D'Agostini n his position on gun control.

• MichaelFebruary 02, 2013 - 3:01 pm

I enthusiastically support Sheriff D’Agostini and totally reject the liberal shoot-from-the-hip (pun intended) ideology.

• DebFebruary 02, 2013 - 3:03 pm

I Support Sheriff D’Agostini and all our law enforcement officials for standing up for our Constitution.

• Kathy ElcockFebruary 02, 2013 - 3:04 pm

We want to stand with Sheriff D'Agostini and support him in his efforts to defend our Second Amendment rights. Thank you Sheriff! Mike and Kathy

• John DepueFebruary 02, 2013 - 4:41 pm

I Support Sheriff D’Agostini. He is the right kind of public official. I thank him for having the courage and conviction to speak up and speak out for the decent law abiding citizens of this great county and country. THANK YOU Sheriff!!!

• Barbara J. BrownFebruary 02, 2013 - 4:45 pm

I totally support Sheriff D'Agostini in his very sincere and brave efforts to protect our Constitutional rights!!!

• Joe ButtersFebruary 02, 2013 - 5:33 pm

Molon Labe Joe Butters

• marilyn depueFebruary 02, 2013 - 6:10 pm

I support Sheriff D'Agostini

• Martin MorrisonFebruary 02, 2013 - 7:11 pm

I support any public official who is willing to fulfill their oath to support, protect and defend the Constitution. The liberal trend toward mindless serfdom continues, relentlessly. Sheriff D'Agostini knows that his charter doesn't allow for his department to actually 'protect' anybody, except in a collateral fashion. He can only act after a crime has been committed, meaning you're on your own where protecting yourself is concerned.

• Jean guilfoyFebruary 02, 2013 - 8:41 pm

I support Sheriff D'Agostini!

• Leslie WagnerFebruary 02, 2013 - 10:57 pm

Thank you Sheriff John D’Agostini for defending our 2nd Amendment rights. The second Amendment was designed to protect us from our own Government should they decide to move America from a Republic to a state of Tyranny. It is there to protect us from domestic take over. Sheriff D'Agostini swore to uphold the Constitution and that is just what he is doing. Bad people will always find a way to get something to kill you with and they will target the person or persons who are not able to defend them selves. Sheriff D'Agostini also pointed out the laws that are on the books now that his department enforces and his officers enforce and if the courts will do their job we do not need any more restrictions or laws. I do not understand the people in this county that do not know or understand the Constitution. I do not understand the kind of people that think Guns kill and not the person that pulls the trigger that kills. I do not understand people that think if you give all the guns to the military the police and Government agents we are a the mercy of our Government. I think Hitler liked that Idea, and chairman Mao did to. Of course the most current offender that would love Bidens idea about guns would be Hugo Rafael Chávez Frías the current President of Venezuela. No Thank you Obama and Biden you can keep your ideas and I will keep mine. Thank you Sheriff John D’Ågostini for all you have done and said to help keep us safe and protect the people who rely on you. I am glad I voted for you. ☺

• Ann LeuFebruary 03, 2013 - 7:10 am

I support Sheriff D'Agostini.

• Jeff LoweFebruary 03, 2013 - 7:57 am

I Support Sheriff D’Agostini; and I thank him for supporting my family, friends, and neighbors’ constitutional rights.

• francescaduchamp@att.netFebruary 03, 2013 - 8:23 am

I support the Sheriff John D’Agostini. He has supported my community here in Pollock Pines many times.

• Heather CooperFebruary 03, 2013 - 10:32 am

I Support Sheriff D’Agostini.

• Leslie PhillipsFebruary 03, 2013 - 10:40 am

I Support Sheriff D’Agostini.

• Steven CooperFebruary 03, 2013 - 10:48 am

I Support Sheriff D’Agostini 100%!

• Janet MeyerFebruary 03, 2013 - 11:10 am

I wholeheartedly support Sheriff D'Agostini. He is obviously a leader with courage and integrity--a rare commodity these days.

• Concerned CitizenFebruary 03, 2013 - 12:34 pm

I respect and support Sheriff D'Agostini 100%. Thank you, sir, for upholding your oath.

• Tom and Mary DohnkeFebruary 03, 2013 - 4:16 pm

We fully support Sheriff D'Agostini's statement that he will uphold his oath of office and defend the Constitutional Rights of those he serves.

• Michael MiroFebruary 04, 2013 - 5:12 am

Dink, i'm afraid you're missing a key issue here. What the NRA originally supported and what is being touted now as "universal backgrounds check" are two different things. if you take the time to "peel the onion", you'll find that the Sheriff is spot-on. Because with Biden's proposals, like Obamacare, the devil is in the details. And those details spell de facto registration, followed by confiscation... Moreover, the Instant background check system, as originally proposed by the NRA, isn't functioning as well as it could, because it's not being properly funded or managed. Wayne LaPierre, NRA CEO, stated in a Sunday interview on the subject, that they've pushed for better inclusion of mental illness cases into the system. But they're being thwarted by mental health lobbies and HIPPA laws. So who's being "obstructionist"?

• Michael MiroFebruary 04, 2013 - 5:16 am

Thank you Sheriff D'Agostini, for getting it right!

• TBoDFebruary 04, 2013 - 9:22 am

John D’Agostini is the duly elected Sheriff of El Dorado County. So far as I'm concerned, He IS the Law. I support Sherriff D'Agostini!

• Werner 7 Shirley SilkeyFebruary 04, 2013 - 12:20 pm

Sheriff D'Agostini. Thank you for your letter to the President. I just wish the uninformed in our Great Nation would UNDERSTAND what this President is trying to do to OUR NATION.

• Todd BraunFebruary 04, 2013 - 4:04 pm

Thank God for a Sheriff that takes both the Constitution and his oath to protect it seriously. This country of ours is fast descending into tyrany.

• Mikel ChickFebruary 04, 2013 - 8:20 pm

I strongly support Sheriff John D’Agostini!

• Don LyndFebruary 06, 2013 - 11:13 am