Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The left-wing pattern

Once again Herr Garon has projected himself as being infinitely more intelligent than our founding fathers. This time it’s an attack on not only our sheriff but on everything from the Tea Party to the Constitution.

Herr Garon, this may come as a shock to you, but if it wasn’t for men with guns, and plenty of them, people like you would be speaking German now, provided of course, you were allowed to live.

As for your renowned Ph.D. and author, who supposedly has all the facts on gun violence (did it really take 26 books to cover the subject? The rise and fall of the Roman Empire only took three!), I believe an in-depth look at the real statistics will show that many more people are saved (and protected) by guns than are harmed by them here in the U.S. — case in point, our military. Do they not protect us from harm? And our police, which you seem to delight in demonizing as “Gun-toting, gun-loving cops” in a direct reference to Sheriff D’Agostini. I’ll just bet that if you, Herr Garon, should face some sort of a dire threat or situation, you’d be the first one to scream for his help. I believe that’s called hypocrisy.

Anyway, I admire your courage by publicly insulting the women of the GOP women’s club. You have shown yourself as extremely brave or just plain stupid.

Keep up the left-wing pattern, Herr Garon. I suggest that, if there is so much you dislike about our way of life here in America, life in Cuba may be right up your alley.

ROY HILL
Garden Valley

• James E.April 10, 2013 - 11:40 am

Mr. Hill gives us lots of the snarky term Herr, and then finishes with the old canard of love it or leave it. The actual term is love it or change it. Mr. Garon sure gets his back up -- is he hitting too close to a nerve? P.S. Yes, the military must be heavily armed with state of the art weapons. Is anyone saying they shouldn't be?

• cookie65April 17, 2013 - 6:47 am

The fall of the Roman Empire can be covered in a couple of sentences. It parallels the coarse we are one. “In the end, more than freedom, they wanted security. They wanted a comfortable life, and they lost it all – security, comfort, and freedom. When the Athenians finally wanted not to give to society but for society to give to them, when the freedom they wished for most was freedom from responsibility, then Athens ceased to be free and was never free again." -- Edward Gibbon (1737-1794) Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire

• cookie65April 17, 2013 - 6:53 am

Off Topic but I was having a discussion with Cheryl yesterday about the abortion butcher and the lefts total omission of it. The Washington Post is reporting the huffpo said themselves the left is ignoring it. My question to Cheryl and the rest of the misinformed masses is, what else don't you know because your media decides for you what you should and shouldn't know about? http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2013/04/16/gosnell-case-huffpost-host-says-left-made-a-decision-to-not-cover-trial/

• cookie65April 17, 2013 - 7:16 am

Here is a fascinating little story you won't see in the leftist media about the preferred reading of the White House occupant. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200359354439202&set=a.3425596951421.150278.1015174848&type=1&ref=nf

• CherylApril 17, 2013 - 7:23 am

Cookie, it was also glaringly absent from any media other than some twitter accounts the news of the leak in the pipeline in Mayflower, Ark. Groups snuck in and took pictures and video of tarsand oil seeping into residential areas, running down streets into yards, houses, creeks, etc. Residents were becoming very ill while Exxon was trying to buy their silence. They were pumping the oil into ponds where ducks had laid eggs and there were pictures of the oil soaked ducks. They also showed pictures of Exxon using paper towel like soaker pads trying to absorb the oil. I'm hardly misinformed Cookie, I know you like to make assumptions of those who don't grovel to you. I think we can follow the money and see why the spill was absent from the news. FYI, those soaking pads (that aren't working BTW), guess who makes those? A Koch Bros. industry. Anyway, once again Cookie is off topic from the letter writer, which is fine because discussion is a good thing. I just wish Cookie could be more like James, Evelyn, Fran, etc. who can have these discussions with facts, links, and no personal attacks. So refreshing. So I am off for the day, Cookie you'll have to pick on someone else.

• cookie65April 17, 2013 - 7:24 am

Did any of you see or hear about harry reid's Freudian slip on the floor of the Senate? He referred to the gun bill as "the anti-gun legislation". The leftist media didn't report it. Real shock there. http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/345695/reid-anti-gun-legislation

• CherylApril 17, 2013 - 7:26 am

FYI Cookie, there is an article in the Sac Bee about Cedarville and what you were talking about yesterday, you might want to check it out. It was in "our region" section

• cookie65April 17, 2013 - 8:41 am

Cheryl, I saw it, thanks. On your point about the oil, oil, coal and natural gas pre-existed us. It has been part of the earth for billions of years. We did not cause it to exist. Some how or another the earth has managed to "co-exist" with it. In many parts of the world oil and tar percolate to the surface and always have. Even from the ocean floor. In fact it is how most oil deposits were first discovered. Can you imagine a world without it? You probably wouldn't like it. An oil spill is not an unnatural event. The same way a forest fire is not an unnatural event. It occurs in nature. It is our misunderstanding of the planet we call home that leads us to confusion. I am not excusing a drunk oil tanker captain but the recovery of Prince William Sound, exceeded the expectation of all the "experts" and taught them a great deal about the natural processes of the earth. I am not excusing this either. From what I have read this pipeline is much like the gas pipeline that blew up in San Bruno. Old and in need of replacing. obama campaigned on our tired and busted infrastructure, spent a trillion dollars boosting the public sector and unions and did nothing for the infrastructure. The taxpayer money he wasted on solyndra would have replaced this portion of pipeline that failed. I don't just blame him though. Our entire political system and representatives go to Washington to seek enriching themselves and getting re-elected. We spend trillions supporting people who don't want to support themselves and wonder why the things we need to be doing get ignored.

• cookie65April 17, 2013 - 9:12 am

An interesting twist to the abortion butcher murder trial the leftist media is ignoring. http://www.lifesitenews.com/blog/breaking-eric-holders-wife-co-owns-abortion-clinic-building-run-by-indicted

• EvelynApril 17, 2013 - 10:09 am

Reportedly, Eric Holder's wife is co-owner of the Gosnell abortion clinic. HERE If true, that could relate to the matter of limited news coverage.

• cookie65April 17, 2013 - 10:24 am

How come the Boston bombing has everyone blaming the bomber and the school shooting has everyone blaming the gun?

• EvelynApril 17, 2013 - 11:45 am

Cookie, it's looking like pressure cookers may have been involved at Boston. HERE If so, what does that say about people who own pressure cookers?

• DB SmithApril 17, 2013 - 12:06 pm

The idiots will probably suggest that we begin getting a background check before purchasing a pressure cooker and then have it registered with some bureaucratic government agency. There will be no used pressure cookers available at yard sales or second hand stores. Cookie nailed it!

• cookie65April 17, 2013 - 12:07 pm

Evelyn, I am looking forward to dianne feinstein introducing legislation to either ban pressure cookers or universal background checks and a 10 day waiting period on all who wish to purchase them. With full support from garon and richard of course.

• EvelynApril 17, 2013 - 12:19 pm

Perhaps presently owned pressure cookers can be grandfathered in? I have two, both inherited from my mother. Fortunately, I'm not guilty of actually having PURCHASED them myself. (But please don't tell anyone that I have them, or that they're kept in my kitchen where anyone could find them.)

• James E.April 17, 2013 - 12:44 pm

Unrelated to the pressure cooker/gun debate, I do not like pressure cookers. Experiences over the years resulted in mushy foods.

• cookie65April 17, 2013 - 12:45 pm

Evelyn, look into a pressure cooker safe. I stand corrected on my original point. Some are blaming the 2nd Amendment for the Boston bombing. And some take offense to my use of double digit IQ's, mental midgets, and braindead leftists. I think I am being generous. http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/16/actor-blames-boston-attack-on-gun-culture-2nd-amendment-must-go/

• cookie65April 17, 2013 - 12:49 pm

James, pressure cookers are excellent for making shredded beef tacos. A chuck roast, a chopped up white onion, a couple of cloves of chopped up garlic, enough water to cover it and just bring it to a rattle for a couple of hours. The best taco's you ever had.

• cookie65April 17, 2013 - 1:25 pm

Every time I see this kind of reality I can't help but wonder just how much voter fraud does obama owe his re-election to...http://cnsnews.com/news/article/gallup-only-4-americans-think-gun-control-important-problem

• R.J. CarterApril 17, 2013 - 1:39 pm

On another note....I just went by Poor Reds in El-Dorado and FTB Police were at the door turning folks away...I wonder what's going on???.....

• Ken SteersApril 17, 2013 - 3:41 pm

I'm making a stand against the Evil TAA and their use of pressure cookers at sporting events. Mr Hill, John Garon is a leader of the Eldorado County Democrat Party. He knows what he is saying and believes it. He has no need to go to Cuba. His party has brought their governance to us.

• Paddy O'furnitureApril 17, 2013 - 4:35 pm

GUN BILL GOES DOWN IN FLAMES IN SENATE. And Obama has the nerve to call the bill's opponents "Willful Liars". Well, that stupid bastard ought to know a liar when he sees one, him being the father of lies and all. Happy day.

• EvelynApril 17, 2013 - 4:36 pm

"Marathons – A Tale of Two Cities and the Running of a Planned Mass Casualty Event" - HERE - (A fairly large file; wait for download)

• cookie65April 17, 2013 - 4:39 pm

Will obama assign the crash test dummy biden to form a commission to protect our children from pressure cookers. I see an addition to the ATF coming. The ATFPC. Will we have a category of "assault pressure cookers"? I wonder when the gangbangers are going to start using pressure cookers. In life you can always count on things happening that expose the loonacy of leftism. Just like a blizzard happening where ever algore is appearing to profit off the global warming fraud.

• Tom GibneyApril 17, 2013 - 4:51 pm

Interesting...I am not one for pressure cookers either. I prefer a Crock Pot. I cooks most liberal democratic dishes well since you need a bunch of crock to cook in a crock pot....BTW Did the Obama have a little hissy fit today...tsk,tsk... Talk about calling the kettle black. Special interest Lobbies are only ok if they are supporting him hmmm??? Suck it up Commie boy, your BS days are getting numbered HA!

• Paddy O'furnitureApril 17, 2013 - 4:54 pm

SENATE GUN BILL GOES DOWN IN FLAMES. And Obama has the nerve to call the opponents "willful liars". Stupid bastard ought to know one when he sees one. Him and Joe "Buy a Shotgun" Biteme are the kings of that mountain. Oh, happy day.

• Paddy O'furnitureApril 17, 2013 - 4:56 pm

Sorry for the repost. Didn't show up for a few minutes. Thought I got the captcha wrong.

• James E.April 17, 2013 - 5:10 pm

Tom, my wife does the crockpot thing, pot roast, stews, soups, etc. Comfort foods. HaHa, Commie Boy -- you made me smile. And, you are correct his days are numbered. Just about one thousand, three hundred seventy five days

• DB SmithApril 17, 2013 - 6:01 pm

I'd like to publicly thank that little gerbil POS wife beating Harry Reid for his vote today. Even though we know why he did it...it's still on the books.

• William HeymanApril 17, 2013 - 7:14 pm

Gibbon's last words follow (and each of the his fourteen points are a chapter.) As an aside he had to submit an apology to the Pope for his research indicating that "the Christian mythology arose in Rome." his words, not mine. He wrote the apology but did not change a word of his book. “Of these pilgrims, and of every reader, the attention will be excited by a History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire; the greatest, perhaps, and most awful scene in the history of mankind. The various causes and progressive effects are connected with many of the events most interesting in human annals: the artful policy of the Caesars, who long maintained the name and image of a free republic; the disorders of military despotism; the rise, establishment, and sects of Christianity; the foundation of Constantinople; the division of the monarchy; the invasion and settlements of the Barbarians of Germany and Scythia; the institutions of the civil law; the character and religion of Mahomet; the temporal sovereignty of the popes; the restoration and decay of the Western empire of Charlemagne; the crusades of the Latins in the East: the conquests of the Saracens and Turks; the ruin of the Greek empire; the state and revolutions of Rome in the middle age. The historian may applaud the importance and variety of his subject; but while he is conscious of his own imperfections, he must often accuse the deficiency of his materials. It was among the ruins of the Capitol that I first conceived the idea of a work which has amused and exercised near twenty years of my life, and which, however inadequate to my own wishes, I finally delivered to the curiosity and candour of the public.” LAUSANNE, June 27 1787

• Phil VeerkampApril 17, 2013 - 7:38 pm

LINK - Scientists confirm - World did not end last December

• Don AlbrightApril 17, 2013 - 8:15 pm

Isn't funny how when Mr. Garon writes a letter or someone responds to his letter, Mr Longhofer is always the first to defend his comments. Don't take me the wrong way, I do have respect for Mr. Longhofer and would probably get along peachy watching a ball game just as long we didn't talk politics but thats OK, because like I said I do respect him. Mr. Garon however I don't respect because it seems to me that he has another agenda, mainly to try to annoy the other party or thought process opposite of his at any cost. I've been wrong before and will be many times more, but I would bet the farm that Mr. Longhofer and Mr. Garon would not get along at all and furthermore I would bet that Mr. Longhofer would get along quite well with us Tea/ Republicans as he calls us.

• James E.April 17, 2013 - 9:07 pm

Mr. Albright, if you would look at my comment again it doesn't defend Mr. Garon, it objects to the snarky multiple use of Herr and the old canard of love it or leave it. If Mr. Hill wants to critique Mr. Garon he should do it absent the cheap shots. Using cheap shots means one cannot argue specifics. As example, did Mr. Garon say anything about the use of guns in WWII? Of course he didn't, just an embellishment by Mr. Hill. So, in sum, not a defense of Mr. Garon, rather a critique of Mr. Hill's argumentative skills. This is not to say I wouldn't defend Mr. Garon if I believed he needed defending. Just as I would for Phil, DB, Paddy, Ken, Cookie, R.J., Evelyn, Tom, et al.

• cookie65April 18, 2013 - 9:11 am

The leftist media is on fire this morning over the smackdown obama and the rest of the socialists were handed yesterday. Imagine what a shock it must be for our little Caesar. How sad is it that a loss for obama is a victory for America.

• rodApril 18, 2013 - 11:23 am

Tooche Paddy, I actually believed the senate bill (the big one) was only about 'expanding background checks'... period. I believed it because that is what Toomey and Manchin, and obama told us via Fox News and other media outlets. Has there ever been a cooler, more bald faced liar than our current 'president'? As for Toomey and Manchin... it is now incumbent upon us, each of us everywhere, to call, email, harass and inform them how much Americans despise politicians who say one thing... and then slip it to us. Clearly, if we have learned anything at all about the 'movement of new gun legislation', the need to make us 'safer', it is we now know they will DO ANYTHING, SAY ANYTHING, USE ANYONE, to strip the Second Amendment. Toomey and Manchin should be castigated, chastised, punished and then kicked out of office with their virtual heads on a pole. They must be held accountable to the people and to the tenets of the 2nd Amendment. "Infringement", as stated in the Constitution is a "Treasonable act", and the acts of Toomey and Manchin should be treated no less. Like Mussolini finally realized, there are threshold events in history where the good people become unwilling to endure chronic deception. We should not, cannot, let these two slide into political obscurity with their reputations intact.

• rodApril 18, 2013 - 11:32 am

Oh, forgot to mention. The reason the bill was defeated ... at the 11th hour amendements were added (intentionally late) that included an ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN AND MAGAZINE SIZE RESTRICTION.... sneakin basterds.

• francescaduchamp@att.netApril 18, 2013 - 11:59 am

EDITORIAL: Gun control by the U.N. The White House attempts an end run around the House http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/20/gun-control-by-the-un/

• francescaduchamp@att.netApril 18, 2013 - 12:09 pm

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324504704578413110123095782.html Obama's United Nations Backdoor to Gun Control Luckily, the Constitution gives the Senate exclusive power to ratify, or block, the Arms Trade Treaty. read--decide--react

• francescaduchamp@att.netApril 18, 2013 - 12:14 pm

our county still has time to say "no" to Agenda 21--new Economy--next economy. These sustainable ideas have been creeping in--did BOS know? The most established sustainable plans are in Tahoe. Across the United States rural lands have fought back--what are we going to do ?I have aproblem with the small groups of people deciding for a whole--CEDAPP brought it into my community-did they know? did they do their homework?

• 1036-FrankApril 18, 2013 - 5:10 pm

Fewer then five percent of Americans support the Bumbling Bummer's gun take away agenda or his push for amnesty for millions of illegals, yet he acted like they were priority and he received smack-down number one by his own party. The facts are he cut the budgets for security at events like the Boston Marathon and has done a miserable job arresting the perps of this terrorist act and even hesitated to call it such hoping it was a right wing deal for political gain. He would be fired if he were in any appointed position and recalled in any other position.

Motorcycle fatality in Greenwood

EDH Fire Dept. annexing Latrobe

By Noel Stack | From Page: A1, 7 Comments

Tea Party meeting April 17

By Tea Party Patriots Of El Dorado Hills | From Page: A3, 62 Comments

Town Hall Meeting on Underage Drinking May 1

By El Dorado Hills Community Vision Coalition | From Page: A6

Floating body not a body

Old mill a goner

By Dawn Hodson | From Page: A11, 18 Comments | Gallery

A great big thanks

Murder? Suicide?

‘Drive Clean’

Middle class getting poorer?

Real estate lies

Outside with Charlie: Switch gear

Ponderosa volleyball is a family affair

Aussie team makes visit

By Special to the Democrat | From Page: A8

Griz have challenging day

Roundup: April 15, 2014

Men to walk a mile in her shoes

By Center For Violence-Free Relationships | From Page: B2 | Gallery

Runners stampede for Sugarloaf scholarships

By El Dorado County Office of Education | From Page: B2 | Gallery

At a glance: Take aim on fun

By Mimi Escabar | From Page: B2

Team works to fight disease

By Placerville Kiwanis | From Page: B3