Thank you for reading the MtDemocrat.com digital edition. In order to continue reading this story please choose one of the following options.
If you are a current subscriber and wish to obtain access to MtDemocrat.com, please select the Subscriber Verification option below. If you already have a login, please select "Login" at the lower right corner of this box.
Special Introductory Offer
For a short time we will be offering a discount to those who call us in order to obtain access to MtDemocrat.com and start your print subscription. Our customer support team will be standing by Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm to assist you.
If you are not a current subscriber and wish not to take advantage of our special introductory offer, please select the $12 monthly option below to obtain access to MtDemocrat.com and start your online subscription
On April 23, Andrew Sanford was convicted on a 1st degree murder charge with special circumstances for the brutal murder of our son, Richard Swanson. Our sincerest thanks and respect go out the extraordinary team of people who made the arrest and prosecution of this very dangerous person a success. We owe our gratitude to the following people and entities:
• El Dorado County District Attorney’s Office – District Attorney Vern Pierson for prosecuting the case.
• Deputy District Attorney Trish Kelliher for her phenomenal drive to prosecute this very difficult case.
• DA Investigator Paul Moschini for the endless hours he spent interviewing and bringing together information.
• Victim Witness Advocate Miguel for always being available for our many questions and his caring support.
• South Lake Tahoe Police Department – Retired Police Chief Terry Daniels for his commitment to us to pursue this case and for being true to his commitment.
• Lt. David Stevenson for putting together an investigation team.
• Retired SLTPD Detective Chuck Owens and retired FBI Agent Jeff Rinek for their tireless and dogged investigation of this cold case. They kept the investigation alive.
• Chief Terry Uhler for keeping the investigation going.
• Kathay Lovell, mayor pro tem, South Lake Tahoe City Council, and her fellow councilmen for their support in re-opening of this cold case.
• FBI Agent Chris Campion for all his support and assistance in the investigation and coordinating with the FBI labs in Quantico, Va.
• California Dept. of Justice analyst and DNA expert Shawn Kacer for his expertise and professionalism.
• The very dedicated jury that endured five weeks of very complex testimony. Their patience and attention was astounding.
There are many others who contributed to the successful prosecution of this case. You are all our heroes.
RON AND SHARON SWANSON
Parents of Richard Swanson