Friday, April 18, 2014

Willing to destroy America

Eliminate all unions. Send all illegal aliens back. No new taxes of any sort (especially the super rich). And no federal taxes at all. Eliminate all central government. No regulations. Karl Rove is a genius and necessary. Privatize everything. Cut out the post office. Guns in every classroom. Evolution is anti-Christ. Top 1 percent lower tax bracket than middle class is just fine. Global warming is a socialist plot. Tea Party is … where it’s at. Military guns in hands of public is AOK (grenades?). Political Polarization is not my problem. Working with the “other side” is not an option because of their intractability. Herd and hierarchy mentality prevails. No goal to save middle class America. Against teachers in general and their unions are to be destroyed. Compromise is anti-American. Everything in the Holy Bible is (absolutely) true (it’s in the Book!). Forget about women’s rights (Old Testament directive). The world is just a few thousand years old — science is socialist thinking — that’s why college professors are just about all liberals! Obama is an alien President (Birthers).
Corporations are people. Love the NRA.

If any or all of the above is in your DNA, just say, “I’m a true patriot, but when push comes to shove … I’m willing to destroy America rather than violate any of my sacred beliefs, and I really don’t care about yours, because they’re just wrong.”

P.S. A challenge to George Alger. After your insulting remarks about John Garon and “others,” which of the above do you concur?

JB MCKENNA
Placerville

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 13, 2013 - 9:29 pm

I am not sure I get this--but it will be interesting to see different comments on this challenge.

• Ken SteersMay 20, 2013 - 6:18 am

I don't think JB MCKENNA is willing to destroy America. I think JB is exercising the 1st Amendment. Well for as long as we have it any how.

• kggMay 20, 2013 - 6:22 am

thanks jb - that's it in a nutshell. peace to you.

• EvelynMay 20, 2013 - 6:31 am

Political Polarization is not my problem. Working with the “other side” is not an option because of their intractability.

• cookie65May 20, 2013 - 7:51 am

This is the "tried and true" tactic of the left. Paint any and all opposition to Marxist rule as extreme and dangerous. Activist government is what the founders must have intended. Freedom, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is just something the teabaggers dreamed up to keep the bitter clingers hatin' on a black man.

• cookie65May 20, 2013 - 7:53 am

BEST SUMMATION OF BARACK AND MICHELLE EVER! Mychal Massie is a respected writer and talk show host in Los Angeles . The other evening on my twitter, a person asked me why I didn't like the Obama's? Specifically I was asked: "I have to ask, why do you hate the Obama's? It seems personal, not policy related. You even dissed (disrespect) their Christmas family picture." The truth is I do not like the Obamas, what they represent, their ideology, and I certainly do not like his policies and legislation. I've made no secret of my contempt for the Obamas. As I responded to the person who asked me the aforementioned question, I don't like them because they are committed to the fundamental change of my/our country into what can only be regarded as a Communist state. I don't hate them per definition, but I condemn them because they are the worst kind of racialists, they are elitist Leninists with contempt for traditional America . They display disrespect for the sanctity of the office he holds, and for those who are willing to admit same, Michelle Obama's raw contempt for white America is transpicuous. I don't like them because they comport themselves as emperor and empress. I expect, no I demand respect, for the Office of President and a love of our country and her citizenry from the leader entrusted with the governance of same. President and Mrs. Reagan displayed an unparalleled love for the country and her people. The Reagan's made Americans feel good about themselves and about what we could accomplish. Obama's arrogance by appointing 32 leftist czars and constantly bypassing congress is impeachable. Eric Holder is probably the MOST incompetent and arrogant DOJ head to ever hold the job. Could you envision President Reagan instructing his Justice Department to act like jack-booted thugs? Presidents are politicians and all politicians are known and pretty much expected to manipulate the truth, if not outright lie, but even using that low standard, the Obama's have taken lies, dishonesty, deceit, mendacity, subterfuge and obfuscation to new depths. They are verbally abusive to the citizenry, and they display an animus for civility. I do not like them, because they both display bigotry overtly, as in the case of Harvard Professor Louis Gates, when he accused the Cambridge Police of acting stupidly, and her code speak pursuant to not being able to be proud of America . I view that statement and that mindset as an insult to those who died to provide a country where a Kenyan, his illegal alien relatives, and his alleged progeny, could come and not only live freely, but rise to the highest, most powerful, position in the world. Michelle Obama is free to hate and disparage whites because Americans of every description paid with their blood to ensure her right to do same. I have a saying, that "the only reason a person hides things, is because they have something to hide." No president in history has spent millions of dollars to keep his records and his past sealed. And what the two of them have shared has been proved to be lies. He lied about when and how they met, he lied about his mother's death and problems with insurance, Michelle lied to a crowd pursuant to nearly $500,000 bank stocks they inherited from his family. He has lied about his father's military service, about the civil rights movement, ad nausea. He lied to the world about the Supreme Court in a State of the Union address. He berated and publicly insulted a sitting Congressman. He has surrounded himself with the most rabidly, radical, socialist academicians today. He opposed rulings that protected women and children that even Planned Parenthood did not seek to support. He is openly hostile to business and aggressively hostile to Israel . His wife treats being the First Lady as her personal American Express Black Card (arguably the most prestigious credit card in the world). I condemn them because, as people are suffering, losing their homes, their jobs, their retirements, he and his family are arrogantly showing off their life of entitlement - as he goes about creating and fomenting class warfare. I don't like them, and I neither apologize nor retreat from my public condemnation of them and of his policies. We should condemn them for the disrespect they show our people, for his willful and unconstitutional actions pursuant to obeying the Constitutional parameters he is bound by, and his willful disregard for Congressional authority. Dislike for them has nothing to do with the color of their skin; it has everything to do with their behavior, attitudes, and policies. And I have open scorn for their constantly playing the race card. I could go on, but let me conclude with this. I condemn in the strongest possible terms the media for refusing to investigate them, as they did President Bush and President Clinton, and for refusing to label them for what they truly are. There is no scenario known to man, whereby a white president and his wife could ignore laws, flaunt their position, and lord over the people, as these two are permitted out of fear for their color. As I wrote in a syndicated column titled, "Nero In The White House" - "Never in my life, inside or outside of politics, have I witnessed such dishonesty in a political leader. He is the most mendacious political figure I have ever witnessed. Even by the low standards of his presidential predecessors, his narcissistic, contumacious arrogance is unequalled. Using Obama as the bar, Nero would have to be elevated to sainthood... Many in America wanted to be proud when the first person of color was elected president, but instead, they have been witness to a congenital liar, a woman who has been ashamed of America her entire life, failed policies, intimidation, and a commonality hitherto not witnessed in political leaders. He and his wife view their life at our expense as an entitlement - while America 's people go homeless, hungry and unemployed." -- "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those that are willing to work and give to those who would not"

• James E.May 20, 2013 - 8:11 am

Cookie, I'm going to put you and Ms. Massie in the "don't like President and Mrs. Obama" column.

• cookie65May 20, 2013 - 8:15 am

James, google Mychal Massie. Here, I did it for you. http://mychal-massie.com/premium/category/daily-rant/

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 20, 2013 - 8:18 am

wow...powerful piece. I am not sure if I even represent a party any more--so many ideas I grew up with are being changed--when did I become unaware?

• cookie65May 20, 2013 - 8:39 am

JB MCKENNA has selective sources of indoctrination. He is a walking, breathing leftist talking point. He has been well trained by the leftist, kneepad, lapdog, sycophant, obamamedia to see everything exactly the way they have instructed him to. Recently Dr. Ben Carson was a speaker at the National Prayer Breakfast and he very eloquently illustrated a few points that describe what most Americans believe and support. The very fact that he did so in front of obama made him the target of leftist hatred very similar to the hatred in this letter. This letter is how the left defines openmindedness, diversity and tolerance.

• EvelynMay 20, 2013 - 9:02 am

Cookie: How do YOU define "open mindedness, diversity and tolerance"?

• James E.May 20, 2013 - 9:05 am

I remember Dr. Ben Carson. A bright shining star who exploded when he compared same sex marriage to bestiality and pedophilia. What could he have been thinking? A political career that lasted about 10 seconds.

• Phil VeerkampMay 20, 2013 - 9:17 am

Not that you asked me, Evelyn, but an open minded person needs powerful virus protection against worms, malware, Trojans and virus attacks. A tolerant person has low anti-virus protection. Diversity is an open network and requires a strong firewall.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 20, 2013 - 9:22 am

Very nicely said Phil. My comp keeps suggesting we go incognito next time--im waiting for it to slap me.

• cookie65May 20, 2013 - 9:45 am

Open Mindedness; the opposite of groupthink where anyone who does not support collectivism is labeled as a "hater". Diversity; I see Americans where others assign people to groups. Tolerance; I see a Christmas tree not a "Holiday Tree". I don't value those words since the are based entirely on symbolism and not at all on substance. They are made-up words with the single purpose making excuses and justifications for limiting expression and thought. This letter is the epitome of how the left assigns ridiculous accusations to people who don't share their groupthink. It is the method they use when the can't defend the indefensible. It is no different than accusing people who know global warming is a fraud of not wanting clean air and water. Or people who know the EPA is the most despicable form of government ever conceived of in a representative republic of wanting to pollute the oceans and destroy the planet. The universities of 'repeat after me' are diverse in everything but thought. They are tolerant of everyone but limited government conservatives. They are open minded to everything but self-determination.

• cookie65May 20, 2013 - 9:51 am

Evelyn, someone should ask the IRS how the define Tolerance, Diversity and Open Mindedness.

• Ken SteersMay 20, 2013 - 10:35 am

So if you are Christian you are willing to destroy America? If you are not willing to violate your sacred beliefs then you are UnAmerican? I think that at this point it would be prevelant to ask JB which of the above he concurs with.

• Jack MartinMay 20, 2013 - 10:50 am

McKenna's screed illustrates why it is increasingly difficult to have any sort of dialog with Progressives/Liberals. It can be demonstrated that it is the Left who constantly pushes American society further away from traditional Constitutional values and law. That CAN be demonstrated. As such, the ever-widening gulf between them and "strict" constitutionalists is their doing. The problem is they refuse to analyze what they've done and consider if anything might actually be bad for the country. Quite the contrary, if you even QUESTION what they've done, you must be an 18th century plantation owner who wants to enslave minorities for profit. That, and you want everyone to drink dirty water and breathe dirty air. For oil. Combine all this with an unfounded and irrational representation of Conservative views and you get the screed above. Bereft of facts, absent of inquiry and manners, hostile to the bone. How do you have a meaningful conversation with someone like that? You can't. So you talk to others, convince them through facts, reason and dialog and leave a zealot like McKenna talking to himself (and John Garon).

• James E.May 20, 2013 - 11:17 am

Oops, I see that Ms. Massie is really Mr. Massie. Cookie, his blog should be named Bloody Red Meat. It's all rant, but I can see that some would love the message (he fills a public need).

• cookie65May 20, 2013 - 12:02 pm

What does out-of-control government look like? Here is a guy in DC who used an unregistered handgun to save a little boy from a pitbull attack and for that he will only face a $1,000 fine. And according to JB MCKENNA people who find something wrong with that are the people destroying America. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/19/dc-man-wont-face-gun-charges-shooting-pit-bull-att/?page=1&utm_medium=RSS&utm_source=RSS_Feed

• cookie65May 20, 2013 - 12:44 pm

James, your comment about Dr. Carson makes my point. After all he is, has done and accomplished, the thousands of people he has helped and served that one comment is how the left has defined him. He is the definition of compassion and since he doesn't express the leftists groupthink he is shredded by the media and you know ONE thing about him. While at the same time the Vice President of the United States tells a group of room temperature IQ obama voters, "they gonna put ya'll back in chains!!!" and gets nearly zero press for it. You are told what to believe about people the left see's as a threat to their Marxist agenda and you are happy to offer no resistance.

• Ken SteersMay 20, 2013 - 1:04 pm

Wait a minute JB! Didn't you just copy your questions from Obama's IRS litmus test questionnaire for 501-4c's? Mr Alger don't answer his questions! It's too late for me George but you still have a chance.

• BigJeffMay 20, 2013 - 2:18 pm

Cookie and Jack Martin, Do you even read what you write before you hit Post Comment? You condemn the left for their hatred and at the same time spew gobs and gobs of it yourselves! It's silly, and you look ridiculous! I can almost see the steam blasting out of your ears. If you are going to try to tear down "haters," try not being one yourself. Hypocrisy, thy name is Right Wing Nut Job. Thanks for the laugh today. I needed it on a Monday!

• Ken SteersMay 20, 2013 - 2:31 pm

Yeah! Listen to BigJeff or JB. He wants you to be more like him and be open minded to a better point of view. Just stop thinking and let Obama tell you what to think just like BigJeff

• cookie65May 20, 2013 - 3:11 pm

So BigJeff, where did the left direct their hate and rage, at the abortion butcher of Philly or Dr. Ben Carson the Pediatric brain surgeon for making comments in defense of marriage? Oh, you probably don't know about the Philly abortion butcher because the leftist media ignored it. If you can't understand the pure evil of leftism and why it needs to be stomped into the trash heap of history at every possible opportunity take a visit to the mass graves where ever it has possessed power throughout history. If there was ever anything in human history worthy of unimpeded hatred it is leftism. It feeds off the destruction of human beings. That is my apology. Your welcome.

• Ken SteersMay 20, 2013 - 4:21 pm

Unions? Don't think there is a place for public sector unionization. I think the experiment has run it's course. Send all illegal aliens back? We do every day. No new taxes (specially for super rich)? State and federal increases took affect retroactively to last year. Eliminate all central government? Define central government. No regulations? Now you're just being silly. Karl Rove is a genius and necessary? Who? Privatize everything? What has been privatized? Do you want everything owned and run by the government? Cut out the post office. It's doing it on it's own. Unless you want the government to seize Fed X and UPS. Guns in every class room? Nope. Evolution is anti-Christ? What? Top 1% lower tax bracket than middle class is just fine? That would be awesome! But it's never going to happen. Global warming is a socialist plot. Well... the Swedish Socialist party closed it's doors one day and opened as the Green Party the next. The Earth is cooling. Tea Party is ... where it's at? What are you 12? Military guns in hands of public is AOK? (grenades)? In law abiding US citizens hands they should be. And yes please. Political Polarization is not my problem? I like me. Working with the "other side" is not an option because of their intractability? Why does everything wind up a homosexual issue with you people? Herd and hierarchy mentality prevails. Did your teacher tell you to say that? No goal to save middle class? That's an issue a democrat socialist can solve? Against teachers in general and their unions are to be destroyed. I pay a lot of money to fund public education. Many of my closest friend are teachers. You already asked the union question. Compromise is anti-American? IDK, are all opposing views wrong? Let's just keep your bigoted beliefs regarding Christianity to your freaken self. Obama is an alien? Kinda looks like ET trying to phone home. Corporations are people? Do you have a clue? Love the NRA? Nope not a fan.

• HLMay 20, 2013 - 4:34 pm

I just love a good leftest rant. Makes me giggle like a little schoolgirl. By the way JB MCKENNA would like you to not pay attention to the numerous scandals from the White House. What a good Obot!

• EvelynMay 20, 2013 - 4:50 pm

Cookie: I doubt the IRS worries too much about defining concepts like Tolerance, Diversity and Open Mindedness!

• James E.May 20, 2013 - 5:24 pm

Cookie, I believe I know about Dr. Carson and he seems a wonderful fellow and that's why I said what could he have been thinking. What has same sex marriage (their right, but still makes me uncomfortable given I was born in the 30s and retain the man/woman marriage mode) got to do with bestiality and pedophilia? Can anyone tell me how bestiality and pedophilia connects with same sex marriage? Again, he's a nice fellow, but his comment perhaps means he is not such a nice fellow after all -- he will never be elected to national office.

• EvelynMay 20, 2013 - 5:40 pm

Apparently the following is what Dr. Carson actually said: "My thoughts are that marriage is between a man and a woman. It’s a well-established, fundamental pillar of society, and no group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality, it doesn’t matter what they are. They don’t get to change the definition."

• James E.May 20, 2013 - 5:58 pm

Evelyn, OK, I see now -- he was taken out of context. So, on to 2016, where he still won't be elected to national office because what could he have been thinking.

• EvelynMay 20, 2013 - 6:48 pm

James, my question is: What are the criteria for determining any particular "pillar of society"?

• cookie65May 20, 2013 - 8:10 pm

Do you suppose it is possible the pseudo educated supporters of collectivism are anticipating a kinder gentler totalitarianism? One were the dictators are satisfied with just dictating what size soda you are permitted to possess.

• cookie65May 20, 2013 - 8:28 pm

Evelyn, you are giving the "individuals" at the IRS entirely too much credit. By labeling groups like the teaparty as a "hate group" the left consciously assigns all the activists within the federal government permission to go out of their way to single them out for what ever harassment and obstruction they can. Leftism brings with it lots of "new" normals. Like the POTUS publicly berating the Supreme Court in a state of the union address. And the leader of the Senate accusing a private citizen of being a tax cheat on the Senate floor. Or throwing some unknown film maker in jail because of some video that had nothing to do with a terrorist attack that killed 4 Americans.

• James E.May 20, 2013 - 8:33 pm

Evelyn, I don't know -- maybe Phil knows. Strange because this afternoon my wife said I am as wise as Solomon. Sadly, she was being sarcastic.

• EvelynMay 20, 2013 - 8:50 pm

Cookie: IRS-targeted individuals and groups change over time. Civil rights activists and anti-war protestors of the '60s and '70s would have been labeled "leftists". The targeting of conservatives under a Democratic administration could switch to a targeting of liberals under a subsequent Republican administration. We should all be concerned.

• Phil VeerkampMay 20, 2013 - 9:00 pm

Yes, James. A pillar of society is frequently found beneath a huge pile of stinking fetid garbage piled upon said pillar. Look for leftist garbage. Dig. Many pillars of society will be discovered beneath the detritus of the left

• James E.May 20, 2013 - 9:44 pm

Phil, couldn't it be rightist garbage covering the pillars? Larger questions: At the Material Recovery Facility, do they separate the garbage into leftist and rightist piles? And when one pile gets higher than the other do the workers at the facility do the end zone happy dance, thereby revealing their political affiliation?

• NancyMay 21, 2013 - 1:32 am

Cookie, I appreciate your well written posts. :)

• cookie65May 21, 2013 - 6:01 am

Thank you Nancy, my kids think they are hysterical. Evelyn, it occurs to me that before you can ask what is the criteria that constitutes a pillar of society you first need to ask whether or not pillars of society have any purpose? Whether or not a society can even exist without absolutes? Or if pillars of society have no purpose and are just a way for dried up old regressives to force outdated norms and standards on others? This country was founded on the pillar of self-reliance and self-determination which is pretty much a pile of rubble at this point, so it that a change for the better?

• Phil VeerkampMay 21, 2013 - 6:14 am

More than a few pillars of society will be found within service organizations - Rotary - Lions - Freemasons - and at this site are disparaged as GOBs

• EvelynMay 21, 2013 - 6:32 am

Hilarity aside, Phil & Cookie, . . . the reference was to Dr. Carson's: "My thoughts are that marriage is between a man and a woman. It’s a well-established, fundamental pillar of society . . . ********** (Yes, I am well aware of the endless looming possibilities derived from the opening word!!!)

• cookie65May 21, 2013 - 8:09 am

When did we become a country where an individual is castigated for expressing the thought that marriage is between a man and woman? We had elected officials go even further with the founder and ceo of chick-fil-a by threatening to deny them the right to do business within their cities. Which is why the leftists activists at the IRS should be a shock to no one. Remember, the left labeling people who oppose Marxism as "hate groups" covers a lot of ground and makes everything the left does justifiable.

• cookie65May 21, 2013 - 8:24 am

Here is an example, Bet Midler on twitter. "The IRS overtaxing The Tea Party? I never thought I'd say this to the IRS - THANK YOU! THANK YOU FOR DENYING 501C-4 to any group who hates," http://www.examiner.com/article/bette-midler-thanks-irs-for-targeting-tea-party-groups

• suggestionMay 21, 2013 - 8:29 am

Is it possible for The MD to write an article outlining the charitable work done by the local branch of the Tea Party? It would be helpful to include the % of contribution used for that charitable work. thanks

• EvelynMay 21, 2013 - 8:45 am

Cookie: It's uncertain that Dr. Carson was "castigated for expressing the thought that marriage is between a man and woman." That, after all, is the is the commonly championed public sentiment. More likely the furore arose over the balance of his (misunderstood?) statement.

• cookie65May 21, 2013 - 9:32 am

Evelyn, would you say the same thing about the ceo of chick-fil-a or the dozens of others who have been scorned and ridiculed for defending marriage? I fail to fully understand the "good intentions" you ascribe to people who have none. It reminds me of the willing accomplices in the media who are now in a state of shock that the Chicago mob in the whitehouse would turn against them. Are there parts of the truth that you have reservations over?

• Ken SteersMay 21, 2013 - 9:36 am

James, what does your personal belief of marriage between a man/woman marriage mode and your being born in the '30's have to do with anything? Were there no gay people in the '30's. Do you feel this gives you carte blanche to be a bigot? Why do you hold others to a standard you won't hold your self to? Our government has ordained that homosexuality is to be lauded. That your mind think is that of a racist view point on the black person in the '30's. I say that the path our society has chosen regarding morality, the next natural step is to laud polygamist on TV. In the state of Washington one can go to animal sex farms to fill their urges legally. NAMBLA as an Org. is legal. Their desire is to educate society as to the misunderstanding attitude and false representation of man/boy love. They today are celebrating their 35th anniversary. James is it only because you were born in the '30's that you have bigoted views regarding homosexuals, bestiality and pedophiles? Or did your parents just raise you right?

• James E.May 21, 2013 - 9:54 am

Ken, my parents just raised me right. And, might I say, you write an excellent sarcastic comment.

• cookie65May 21, 2013 - 10:26 am

Here is how the left views anyone with whom they disagree. How difficult it must be to be so full of hatred. Here is what another Hollywood leftist said, 'This tornado is in Oklahoma so clearly it has been ordered to only target conservatives.' http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2328232/Oklahoma-tornado-Daily-Show-creator-Lizz-Winstead-faces-backlash-insensitive-tweet.html

• Ken SteersMay 21, 2013 - 10:49 am

Thank you James, Just a little tack I garnered reading the Art of War and understanding my opponent. You being a War Horse, You might have some appreciation the similarities between the culture war we are experiencing and the Battle of Vienna. Out come already decided. The inevitable was inevitable. Heck even yet another example of the French treachery. Only problem? Wars not over 'till it's over.

• Dink LaneMay 21, 2013 - 11:39 am

"If we do not make COMMON CAUSE to save the good old ship of the Union on this voyage, NOBODY will have a chance to pilot her on another voyage." ..... Abraham Lincoln, Feb 15, 1861.... MCKENNA's statement is sound.... Spilling out hatred will bring this country down..... Let's talk SOLUTIONS Cookie, Frances and Ken.... Stop with the Hatred slurs.... People STOP listening once you start to drop them...and the rest of your sentences go UNREAD.

• cookie65May 21, 2013 - 12:38 pm

Dink, you can stuff your collectivism where the sun don't shine!!! how is that for tolerance??

• Dink LaneMay 21, 2013 - 12:51 pm

And there you go, Cookie.... You've proved my point, and I rest my case....

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 21, 2013 - 12:51 pm

actually the book , The Art of War is very good for many things--we were told to read it as young teachers. Here is an on-line copy--just click on the red links for each chapter. http://suntzusaid.com/

• Ken SteersMay 21, 2013 - 2:26 pm

Dink? Did you read JB MCKENNA's letter? Should I list all the negativity you have espoused? dink

• DB SmithMay 21, 2013 - 2:32 pm

There's plenty of stuff you've spit out on these threads Dink. Dish it out but can't take it huh? Suck it up!

• Kirk W MacKenzieMay 21, 2013 - 3:08 pm

Dink -- How dare you suggest folks work on solutions instead of divisive rhetoric! You clearly don't share the values of the average MD comment-tater. (Matthew 7:6)

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 21, 2013 - 3:20 pm

awwwwwwwwww dink--I wasnt mean in this thread...PHIL--TELL DINK...lolololol. The art of War is a good book. Business classes also had you read it--that and who moved my chess. I do like that you put me with the other bloggers--now I feel that they are family...we were suppose to have solutions? I missed that memo. Im working on being "nice." And I am not hurt if people do not read my comments--since you care. Im okay.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 21, 2013 - 3:47 pm

Say "no" to the United Nations 21st century Agenda document...that is now called the New (or Next) Economy. By saying "no" across the United States to all the "Plans" that are derived from the document--we can then go back to honoring our Constitution. But maybe simple is to hard...I tried.

• EvelynMay 21, 2013 - 4:31 pm

Vitriol is the assassin of tolerance.

• Kirk W MacKenzieMay 21, 2013 - 4:44 pm

What is the assassin of vitriol?

• EvelynMay 21, 2013 - 5:46 pm

Kirk: Now THAT is a question worth contemplating. I shy away from a simplistic response which might lead to a stream of futile petty bickering or point scoring. But it is certain that the assassin of vitriol is NOT more vitriol.

• James E.May 21, 2013 - 6:14 pm

Evelyn, futile petty bickering or point scoring on this site? Say it's not true.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 21, 2013 - 6:14 pm

If vitriol is an equal opportunity assassin. Is it a true assassin of tolerance? "Paradox of tolerance, the problem that a tolerant person is antagonistic toward intolerance, hence intolerant of it" (wiki)

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 21, 2013 - 6:19 pm

Do negative points wipe out positive points? And is there a "time out" space? On facebook if you are "bad" they give you a "time out"--I have been in the pink box so often--that I have painted it blue...my longest time out was three days.

• EvelynMay 21, 2013 - 6:25 pm

Cookie: I've just now noticed yours of 9:32 am. There is no prohibition against man/woman marriages/partnerships or social stigma attached thereto. Your right to make the traditional choice is not threatened. Some people, however, would make a different choice. For them there are huge obstacles. I believe Dr. Carson's choice of language (direct quote already provided) was misunderstood. There are many choics for which DO NO HARM is a useful guiding principal, one to which I am a “willing accomplice”.

• EvelynMay 21, 2013 - 6:29 pm

. . . There are many CHOICES . . .

• Ken SteersMay 21, 2013 - 6:55 pm

The letter writer wrote it as a sophomoric attempt to insult as many people as he could. Then the Leftist defender decry that the people posting are "mean". The leftist have long since enjoyed the school yard fight practice of declaring rules of engagement as they deem fit. I refuse to play by their rules.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 21, 2013 - 6:59 pm

Ken could you define left and right please

• EvelynMay 21, 2013 - 7:01 pm

Fran: For me, the discussion is not about "negative points", although perhaps it depends upon what you mean by the phrase. The healthy expression of disagreement (negative points?), where it exists, can clear the air and assist with problem solving. But VITRIOL -- bitterly abusive -- is a barrier to communication and leaves people in warring camps. Among other things.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 21, 2013 - 7:04 pm

Political “Left” and “Right” Properly Defined http://tinyurl.com/bledj5s

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 21, 2013 - 7:06 pm

thanks Evelyn...

• Kirk W MacKenzieMay 21, 2013 - 7:25 pm

Evelyn -- Reason...is the assassin of vitriol and all other fallacies.

• Ken SteersMay 21, 2013 - 8:21 pm

I use the term Leftist in the pejorative. My definition of Left and Right? The establishment is the Right and the revolutionaries are the Left. So today in the political spectrum who is the establishment? The Progressives run both our state and federal government. The President is a Progressive, our Governor is a Progressive both our Senators are Progressives. So it looks today as the political world has been tipped on it's axis. The Progressives are now the Right defending the establishment. What grade will you give me Francesca?

• EvelynMay 21, 2013 - 8:48 pm

Kirk: Reason has as good a chance as anything else I can think of.

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 22, 2013 - 7:12 am

Ken...thank you--I wasnt grading--I was asking. Sometimes when Im reading the posts...Im not sure any more, what is left or right..."tilted" is a great answer. I am trying to decide what I believe in. I had put up the link--because I am trying to find an answer for me.

• EvelynMay 23, 2013 - 7:05 am

Returning to JB McKenna's letter: "Global warming is a socialist plot." Maybe you're on to something, Mr/Ms McKenna. President Clinton's Executive Order #12852, signed June 29, 1993 and entered into the Federal Register July 2, 1993 (a 20-year anniversary coming up!) created the President's Council on Sustainable Development. Did you know that the Original Charter (July 20, 1993) of the PCSD (HERE)includes "The Council should not debate the science of global warming ... ."? THE SCIENCE OF GLOBAL WARMING CANNOT BE DEBATED???

• EvelynMay 23, 2013 - 7:10 am

"How Bill Clinton Forced Agenda 21 on America" - HERE

• EvelynMay 23, 2013 - 7:13 am

Magically, everything "good" (meaning APPROVED) now includes the word "sustainable". Even City Councilor Carl Hagen, at a meeting this year, pronounced himself "sustainable". Good luck, Carl!

• EvelynMay 23, 2013 - 7:19 am

FINALLY (I think!), scroll down THIS membership list of President Clinton's original Council on Sustainable Development. It is a WHO'S WHO of the "good guys" responsible for transforming America.

• EvelynMay 23, 2013 - 7:37 am

P.S. Notable, from the above referenced list: Enron (Ken Lay); PG&E; EPA; Small Business Administration; HUD; Departments of Interior, Commerce, Agriculture, Energy, Education, Transportation, Commerce, Defense; Nature Conservancy. ********** Ever wonder about what's happened to our national well being in the last 20 years? Think (symbolically) KEN LAY. Californians should never forget. HERE

• EvelynMay 23, 2013 - 8:02 am

"The Greening Of Gore's Bank Account" - HERE

• francescaduchamp@att.netMay 23, 2013 - 8:32 am

http://www.postsustainabilityinstitute.org/what-is-un-agenda-21.html Bush signed on first--Clinton cont. Every "Plan" of development across the USA has the same elements...it is sad that people are not making the connection until it is too late. The United Nations 21st Century Document is on-line at the United Nation s web site. Rural areas are the last "land" frontier...it is not parties against parties...it is Private s. Public

• EvelynMay 23, 2013 - 8:36 am

“Individual rights will have to take a back seat to the collective.” ~ Harvey Ruvin, Vice Chairman, ICLEI. The Wildlands Project

• EvelynMay 23, 2013 - 8:37 am

“We must make this place an insecure and inhospitable place for Capitalists and their projects – we must reclaim the roads and plowed lands, halt dam construction, tear down existing dams, free shackled rivers and return to wilderness millions of tens of millions of acres or presently settled land.” ~ Dave Foreman, Earth First.

• EvelynMay 23, 2013 - 8:45 am

“Participating in a UN advocated planning process would very likely bring out many . . . [who] would actively work to defeat any elected official who joined ‘the conspiracy’. … So we call our process something else, such as comprehensive planning, growth management or smart growth.” ~ J. Gary Lawrence, adviser to President Clinton’s Council on Sustainable Development.

• EvelynMay 23, 2013 - 8:48 am

The individual supervisors on BOS know they are implementing Agenda 21 and they KNOW THEY MUST CALL IT SOMETHING ELSE.

• EvelynMay 23, 2013 - 9:04 am

Fran: Thank you for THIS (above) excellent link. "Considering that its policies are woven into all the General Plans of the cities and counties, it's important for people to know where these policies are coming from. While many people support the United Nations for its 'peacemaking' efforts, few know that they have very specific land use policies that they expect to see implemented in every city, county, state and nation. ... In a nutshell, the plan calls for governments to take control of all land use and not leave any of the decision making in the hands of private property owners."