What’s in it for women?
As of Aug. 1, thanks to the Affordable Care Act (“Obamacare”), women will now receive the following health care services with no co-pays, no deductibles and no co-insurance:
1. Annual physicals (called well women visits)
1. Screening for gestational diabetes
3. Testing for HPV
4. Counseling for sexually transmitted diseases
5. Counseling and screening for HIV
6. Counseling on contraceptive measures
7. Breastfeeding support, counseling and supplies
8. Screening and counseling for domestic violence
20.4 million women have received no-cost coverage for other preventive services such as mammograms and Pap smears because of the ACA. Before the Affordable Healthcare Act, over half of women surveyed said they had delayed needed medical care because of the cost.
Women, we need the Affordable Health Care Act.