Teen killed in Newtown wreck

A CALIFORNIA Highway Patrol officer works the scene of a Sunday afternoon accident that left a local teenaged boy dead and the driver of the navy-blue Nissan injured. Democrat photo by Pat Dollins

From page A1 | March 27, 2011 | 179 Comments

A local high school teenager died Sunday afternoon of injuries sustained during a high-speed car accident.

At approximately 3 p.m. Sunday, a Nissan sports car driven by Victoria Guinn, 18, of Placerville, crashed into three oak trees along Newtown Road outside of Placerville. The car then careened into a muddy hillside some 100 feet away before coming to rest on the opposite side of the roadway.

Guinn and passenger Tim Mulholland, 17, were injured in the crash. Mulholland, an El Dorado High School senior, was transported to Marshall Medical Center with serious injuries. He was pronounced dead shortly after 3:20 p.m.

Guinn’s injuries were reportedly less severe, as Sunday’s scanner traffic described her injuries as “moderate.”

As of press time, California Highway Patrol officer Dan Stark did not know Guinn’s status, but said she was well enough to have been interviewed by officers.

Nearby resident Becky Darby, 53, said she heard the sound of the impact as it crashed into the medium sized oak trees, and said she estimated the vehicle was speeding immediately before the crash.

“I heard the car, and it had to be going 80 mph, then I heard the crash,” said Darby. “I called 911 and said, ‘Send an ambulance,’ then I grabbed blankets and towels and headed down there,” added the CPR-trained woman who lives in a home up a small hill from Newtown Road.

Darby told the Mountain Democrat she heard the woman driver tell California Highway Patrol officers and fire personnel that she had just gotten the car the day before and that she didn’t realize how much power it had.

Stark said drugs or alcohol are not believed to have played a role in the crash but that speeding was “definitely a factor.”

El Dorado High School Principal Matt Barnes said Mulholland was a well-liked student athlete who ran cross-country.

“His loss will be felt by a lot of people on campus,” he said.

Early Monday morning, approximately 100 students gathered at the school campus to pay tribute to Mulholland during an impromptu vigil.

“It was very positive,” said Barnes.

Barnes said grief counselors would be on hand Monday to help students throughout the day.

El Dorado County Realtor Jim Aldrich worked with Mulholland’s mother, who he said is a single mother with five children.

“He was a great kid,” said Aldrich. “Very nice.”

A Timothy Mulholland Memorial Fund is reportedly in the works through El Dorado Savings Bank. More information will be added to this story as it becomes available.

Services for Timothy Mullholland are set for 2 p.m. Saturday at Cold Springs Community Church in Placerville.

Managing Editor Pat Lakey contributed to this story.

E-mail Jim Ratajczak at jratajczak@mtdemocrat.net or call 530-344-5069.

• Someone on their way to workMarch 27, 2011 - 11:50 pm

Thanks for making me back track to Pleasent Valley RD. and be late to work cause of your horriable driving skills.... If you just got your car maybe a nice dry stright away would of worked better to test its power. But I think you learned your lesson, that is unless you declined that GAP coverage.... then your going to learning a very expensive lession in just how much power that 350Z had....

• sharonMarch 27, 2011 - 11:58 pm

to: prior message, you should think before you speak. someones loved one died in that accident.

• cheyenne bellMarch 28, 2011 - 12:00 am

the boy passed away, he had yet graduated high school, and you are selfish enough to complain about being late to work. shame on you, you should be disappointed in yourself.

• appalledMarch 28, 2011 - 12:01 am

Wow, you are upset cause you were late to work.... well alot of people lost someone they loved today in that accident. Be a little bit more considerate, or think before you speak.

• Loving friendsMarch 28, 2011 - 12:06 am

Please have some taste while my children are at home grieving for the young man and his loving family.

• CassidyMarch 28, 2011 - 12:15 am

Also, your spelling and grammar skills are horrible

• AnonymousMarch 28, 2011 - 8:41 am

To: Someon on their way to work. That is a horrible thing to say. One of these people (the passenger) was a Senior at El Dorado High School and he died. I know your little world doesn't anticipate things like this, but open your eyes. There is more to the world then you. Selfish person.

• Claire FrostMarch 28, 2011 - 8:56 am

Wow, your mother must be proud of this post, and so must you. I know the kid who died in this accident, and I'm sure his family is devastated that you were late to work, not to mention the loss of a nice kid. This post reveals your true colors. I'm glad I knew the kid who died, just as I'm glad I don't know you.

• ShockedMarch 28, 2011 - 9:30 am

A young man was killed in that car accident and you have the odasity to be mad about being late to work? He was an incredible person and touched hearts everywhere. I hope you lose sleep because of this.

• JustinMarch 28, 2011 - 9:53 am

Someone died and you are complaining about being late to work? You suck. There is a special place in Hell for you.

• Trina RiepeMarch 28, 2011 - 11:04 am

Your sarcastic comment is really inappropriate. Being late to work is NOTHING compared to the loss here. A young man DIED and a young woman will FOREVER bear the pain of her mistake! We have all done careless things as teenagers and God was gracious to us, our mistakes could have caused a death too. Even now, everytime we get in a car, we have the potential to injure or kill, accidentally, carelessly, or with anger. Please, be compassionate to this young girl and to this young man's family. My prayers are with you Victoria and with Tim's family. God is a merciful God and we are thankful for the comfort of knowing that Tim's faith was strong. God bless.

• fjkgaukdfyvMarch 28, 2011 - 11:06 am

Wow you are probably one of theee most stupid people i have ever met. All of us at El Dorado High School are crying and missing him today and all you could say is you were late to work. I hope your fired because you were late to work.

• Paul BobbMarch 28, 2011 - 11:07 am

WOW,WAY TO BE RUDE AND INCONSIDERATE!! payback is a bitch just to let you know. and what if that was you. maybe yoll getin an accident and i wont give a damn

• Alice WriteMarch 28, 2011 - 11:07 am

you are an idoit! what if it happened to you. It was an accident.! I think that i speak for aeveryone at El dorado high school and myself, that we all loved Tim, and that he made an impact at our high school.. please be considerate the NEXT TIME YOU COMMENT ON SOMETHING, your a selfish PIG and i hope you got fired! your a dick and that it was sad.

• masonMarch 28, 2011 - 11:09 am

What the %&#@ is your problem. They were human being. One of them lost there lifes. Bet you didn't know that. There are many people hurt by this tragedy that has happened. If this was your kid you would be hurt and not pissed off because you were late to your pathetic job. I hope you feel great about your self and how you have the guts and let alone the heart to say that and especially on a newspaper where everyone can read it and even the kids mother probably read it and I'm sure the girl who was driving feels bad enough and you just made it worse

• alice whiteMarch 28, 2011 - 3:32 pm

agreed i totally like what you said....people i think need to be more considerate....do you think that girl should face manslaughter from the family...?

• WillMarch 28, 2011 - 11:17 am

My prayers go out to both families who I know are going through a very difficult time. Please let your fond memories of tim bring joy during this difficult time.

• MichelleMarch 28, 2011 - 11:44 am

Wow!!! Your a selfish brat! Your complaining about being late to work! Someone's life is more important than your lameass job! Get over yourselve. You really should think before you speak!!! SERIOUSLY! Timothy Mulholland was an awesome person, he will be remembered by so many. We love you timmy :))) <3

• Hater towards someone on their way to workMarch 28, 2011 - 11:51 am

Dear Tim, Im sorry your life was lost you will always be remembered as a great person. I know every morning I go to english i will look at your seat and be sad. You alwasy put a smile on my face and you always had something nice to say and always tried to make the ones around you feel better. My prayers go out to you and your family. Rest In Peace.

• KeenanMarch 28, 2011 - 12:02 pm

To the **** who was late to work: Like previously mentioned what a selfish thing to say--who gives if u were late to work a kid died. Have some respect even if you didn't know him like a lot of people did. This tragedy effected many people, it ruined their day, they lost a friend, and the community lost someone special. Do you hear them complaining about being late to work? Hell no.

• student at high schoolMarch 28, 2011 - 12:30 pm

Show some damn respect. Who gives a damn that you were a little late to work. I knew the kid who was killed you asshole. I don't care if you got fired from your job. That kid is dead so HAVE SOME F***ING RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• A pissed off teenagerMarch 28, 2011 - 12:33 pm

***COMMENT REMOVED***

• A pissed off teenagerMarch 28, 2011 - 12:35 pm

You are a asshole

• Friend of Tim MulhollandMarch 28, 2011 - 12:35 pm

***COMMENT REMOVED***

• A pissed off teenagerMarch 28, 2011 - 12:37 pm

***COMMENT REMOVED***

• a pissed off teammateMarch 28, 2011 - 12:38 pm

***COMMENT REMOVED***

• franny foxMarch 28, 2011 - 1:18 pm

WOW! I am stunned at your comment! In appropriate to say the least.....all I can say to you is karma's a bitch, and I hope it haunts you...

• EliMarch 28, 2011 - 2:00 pm

How about having more compassion for a life lost.

• Jimi HicksMarch 28, 2011 - 2:12 pm

on their way to work: You must just be trying to turn everybodys sadness into hatred for you. Transfer of emotion is a coping mechanism but will not help anybody. You have a nice day and remember who you will ultimatly have to answer to.

• CassidyMarch 28, 2011 - 12:09 am

That's horrible for you to say such a thing. How would you feel if your son, God forbid, died in a wreck? I hope work was horrible for you today because of your selfishness. Maybe you should learn some manners or grow a heart. Better yet, keep your mouth shut and your fingers away from your keyboard.

• Someone on their way to workMarch 28, 2011 - 12:14 am

Yea cause the Democrats stories really says he passed away. I'm just that cold of a person I read it and still posted my comment.... Please link the related story so I can read it for myself. FYI, this was avoidable. Your anger should be directed to the woman driving not the ill-informed commenter....

• cheyenne bellMarch 28, 2011 - 12:21 am

our anger came from you making a crude attempt to gain attention by cracking some ill-manered joke towards an unfortunate situation. You need a news paper article for us to prove his death, those angry at you have their grief as their proof. leave well enough alone.

• Really?March 28, 2011 - 7:43 am

"The male passenger, however, whose name also was not available, reportedly suffered more serious trauma and CPR was being performed on him at the scene". The above is a quote from the Mountain Democrat article. I'm thinking this is pretty clear, and you wrote your ill-advised comment without reading this article. To the family and friends of both teens involved in this tragic incident, I send my prayers.

• Caring parentMarch 28, 2011 - 9:00 am

No, but you don't do CPR on a living person. Insensitive. Car crashes are the leading cause of death for teenagers. This young lady will have enough guilt to deal with, without anyone else directing their anger at her.

• Friend of Tim MulhollandMarch 28, 2011 - 12:40 pm

***COMMENT REMOVED***

• a pissed off teammateMarch 28, 2011 - 12:42 pm

that girl is already going through enough so think how would you feel if you had been in here place so please kindly think before you post again.

• Loss for wordsMarch 28, 2011 - 12:14 am

Dear "someone on their way to work", Your lack of humanity and sorrow is appalling. I don't understand how you can look at a picture and story like this and not feel some sort of sorrow. I hope you look back on this and regret what you have cold heartedly said because you caused even more hurt on the boys family and friends. Learn to have a heart. Sincerely, The boys good friend.

• MarieMarch 28, 2011 - 12:43 am

The woman who was driving was just a girl and I just spent the evening with my dear friend who has just lost her son. The young man who died was an amazing brother, son and friend. Shame on you. And prayers to "the woman's" family as I know she is facing a hard recovery and a terrible reality.

• Stacie McLaughlinMarch 28, 2011 - 1:04 am

A horrible thing! We will miss him! Our thoughts are with his family. We can't even imagine this happening. This is a loss for all of us! Words cannot express!

• Bobby FrostMarch 28, 2011 - 2:13 am

To the person who was on their way to work and thought they were funny for making a joke about someone who totaled their car, If you read the article it explained that the male passenger has "severe trauma". Really? You need to crack a joke about a totaled car and someone with sever trauma? I hope you realize the error of your ways. This is a terrible and unfortunate accident. My brother has been friends with that boy since I can remember and he was one of the truly happy kids I ever had the good fortune of meeting. You might as well go spit on his grave. Shame on you. Use your head next time. Prayers to his family, friends, and loved one. And you need a linked story to confirm that he passed? You make me sick.

• Claire FrostMarch 28, 2011 - 9:03 am

You tell'em Bob!

• jwMarch 28, 2011 - 2:43 pm

I second you Bobby! So true. And to the person who was late for work- How about you own up to your actions and stop pretending that you're not this ignorant person...a lot of people lost someone that they loved and all you care about is being late to work? Wow. Grow up. Tim, we all miss you very much.

• AlexandriaMarch 28, 2011 - 2:22 am

Rest in Peace Tim... So sad, my brother went to school with him and I went to school with his sister as a Sophomore. They were really sweet people and no one deserves to go through that kind of pain. Dont let the ignorance of one fool, stir up angry emotions. After losing a sister myself at someone else's hands, i understand how easily other peoples words can anger you. just remember Tim lived a wonderful life, surrounded by loving, caring, people. Although it was short, he was very happy. We'll never forget you.

• Traffic School ManagerMarch 28, 2011 - 6:45 am

Wow, Alexandria ...great post...Yest I pray for Tim, as well as the young girl who was driving. I do not know either of them. I work in the traffic school business, and I see these things all the time. Clearly the young lady did not go out driving her new car with the intenstions of harming anyone. (not a good speller) But it happened. Could have it been avoided? possibly, but that not the point. We now need to look at the survivor and there familys. I pray for understanding, I pray that they will someday learn to cope with there lose of there child. Its tough loosing someone this way. But like Alexandria said...Dont let the ignorance of one fool, stir up angry emotions, and I understnad how easily other peoples words can anger them. but remember life what you make it. Live Love and Laugh

• chris and sons chris ,travis ,and garrettMarch 28, 2011 - 7:27 am

If you worked for me and I found out you left that comment I would fire you for being ignorant. God bless the family of the victim and the driver as they all will need our help through this. My kids all went to school with this man.

• ChrisMarch 28, 2011 - 7:35 am

Really? your blaming your ignorance on the driver? that maybe she "learned your lesson" Her best friend died. Have more of a heart.

• Robin TosteMarch 28, 2011 - 8:16 am

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Tim and his family, the young girl and her family, and to all of you young adults who were friends with both of them. It is hard to watch your child in so much pain when they have lost their best friend, there are no words to ease the pain. To the person who was late for work, I am praying for you also, I know you have a heart and compassion in there somewhere.

• michelleMarch 28, 2011 - 8:16 am

"Someone on their way to work" has got to be by far the most ignorant human being on the planet.Who on earth would want to make light of a horrible tragedy such as this?!Even if it hadnt resulted in the tragic death of a very loved young man the comment would still be just as offensive.So you had to backtrack on your way to work huh...wow....the trials and tribulations of life huh-we are all so sorry for YOUR suffering-you sick ignorant F***! only hope you never have to deal with such a tragedy-however....if it happens to you....i hope people make a joke of it!

• michelleMarch 28, 2011 - 8:20 am

and all my heart and love go out to BOTH families.....my daughter is best friends with his sister...and she spent half the night on the phone with a sobbing grieving girl-damn that comment pisses me off!

• Heart Broken ParentMarch 28, 2011 - 8:57 am

My heart goes out to all the kids who are greatly affected by this loss. My kids attended the candlelight vigil this morning. I went into my son's bedroom while he was at his girlfriend's last night and I just started crying. I cannot imagine how horrible it would be if he were gone forever. I was so happy when he came home safe. This is a parent's worst nightmare. Appreciate your kids each day. My heart breaks for the parents who lost their child. Time heals....eventually, it will get better little by little. Hang in there.

• johnMarch 28, 2011 - 9:06 am

Why would any responsible parent buy their teenage High Schooler a car like that. VERY IRRESPONSIBLE ! That poor boys parents.

• Palmer FamilyMarch 28, 2011 - 9:08 am

We are praying for this family will all our hearts. May the Lord Jesus Christ shower comfort and love to them all. This loss will be forever in their lives. We too have lost a child. Only God has given us the strength to continue each day. Blessing and love to this family from our family.

• Heart Broken ParentMarch 28, 2011 - 9:23 am

John, I totally agree. When shopping for a car for our son we test drove one that was really fast and I said, "No way." I know how fast those 350Z's are and even very experienced drivers risk being able to handle them, especially on wet, icy, winding roads! I heard her brother drives a Porsche. Yes, very ignorant parents. Not cool. I still feel bad their daughter is in critical condition but I hope they realize they made a bad choice when giving her that vehicle.

• PrayingMarch 28, 2011 - 12:59 pm

I think that, although the car is fast and has the potential to be dangoerous, as we have seen...so is every other car on the street. I think that you should have a level of respect for the parents, and the family. Things like this happen all over the world, to teens and adults alike, no matter what kind of car you have. whether you drive a suburban, or a sports car, you have to be careful. Please. both families must be going through so much shock...I don't nessicarily think its up to people who have no idea what exactly went on to speculate and judge either family or their choices.

• DeannaMarch 28, 2011 - 9:29 am

A tragedy is living through all of us, and at this time we must embrace the love and remembrance, and ignore the rest. The Placerville community is one of the strongest, as seen through Principal LaCara's passing. We must live for one another because our actions very much affect that of others, this being a perfect example. We are all beautiful and often times we take advantage of the blessings we've recieved, please let us remember that we are not guaranteed tomorrow and blessing sent to the beautiful Mulholland Family. they need so much love right now.

• DARDA PEITZMarch 28, 2011 - 9:41 am

Someone on their way to work:: I'M SORRY WE CAN'T ALL BE PERFECT DRIVERS LIKE YOU...AND I HAVE TO WONDER IF YOU EVEN HAD CHILDREN BY TE STATEMENT YOU MADE OR MAYBE YOU DO HAVE CHILDREN POSSIBLE EVEN CHILDREN THAT KNEW THESE KIDS OR MAYBE YOU EVEN KNOW BOTH THESE FAMILIES AND THAT IS WHY YOU DECIDED TO LEAVE YOUR REAL NAME OUT..I'M SORRY FOR WHATEVER HAPPEND IN YOUR LIFE THAT HAS MADE YOU SO COLD HEARTED THAT YOU ACTUALY ENJOY THE TRAGGIDIES OF OTHERS...ONLY A COWARD WOULD HIDE THERE IDENTITY FROM OTHERS BUT AFTER THIS I WOULD SAY YOU BETTER HOPE NO ONEVER FINDS OUT YOUR REAL NAME...I PRAY FOR ALL FAMILIES INVOLVED,AND I'M SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS...I HAVE MANY KIDS WHO KNEW YOUR CHILDREN AND I HAVE LOSS ONE OF MY OWN AND IF I CAN HELP IN ANYWAYPLEASE CALL UPON US...OUR SYMPATHIES BE WITH YOU, JIM,DARDA PEITZ.....

• Kleinkauf FamilyMarch 28, 2011 - 9:44 am

Praying for the family. There are no words. We've known him since he was a little guy. He will forever be remembered with a smile on his face. Sweet boy. Please pray for the family as they go through this time of grief.

• wMarch 28, 2011 - 9:46 am

The story said nothing about anyone dying. It was just a comment. Let it roll off & let it go, that person has to live with themself.

• eMarch 28, 2011 - 9:54 am

This is my FAMILY!!!!!!!! Prayers are needed not nonsense please

• DMarch 28, 2011 - 10:06 am

i agree. live and let be, let the person who wrote the bad comment live with his incompetent self and lets begin to remember a beautiful soul. please send lots of prayers and good thoughts to the family in need.

• Caitlin BridgemanMarch 28, 2011 - 9:54 am

Shame on the person to complain about being late to work. How selfish and inconsiderate of you. You need a church and a new attitude.

• KelceyMarch 28, 2011 - 9:54 am

Wow, you make me sick. So sorry you had to back track to pleasant valley road. First of all accidents happen. Someone we all know and love died in this accident. He was young and happy and should not have died. People in El Dorado County are soo hurt by this. His family is grieving. Maybe you shold have a little more respect and more of a heart and think before you post inappropriate things. They did learn a very terrible lesson...we all did...the worst lesson you could possibly learn...

• Arianna W.March 28, 2011 - 9:56 am

The beauty of the internet is that what has been said cannot be unsaid. I think...or at least hope... that the person who was late to work has enough compassion and humility to sincerely regret their comment. Tim was a person who transcended cliques and with his infectious smile and ability to say just the right thing you needed to hear, Tim and I became friends. I will miss him greatly and the candle service this morning shows how many lives he touched. I wish his family and his other friends peace and strength as we get through this tough time. But no matter what, let Tim serve as a reminder to live every day with vigor and vibrance, despite how cliche it may sound.

• Livid ManMarch 28, 2011 - 9:58 am

to soemone on their way to work: The fact that you cant accept that you made a mistake by joking about this shows your immaturity. Obviously people were upset by your comment and instead of apologizing and just accepting your mistake, you decided to be an asshole and make another snide remark. I wish that you could feel the sadness that my entire school is experiencing. I knew this kid personally and he was a good friend of mine. We hung out almost everyday and now he isnt there anymore. F*** you.

• DawgMarch 28, 2011 - 9:59 am

My heart aches for both families, as well as all those touched by the "ripple effect". I pray that this tragedy brings people together instead of push them apart. As we can clearly see, life really is too short. As for the "late for work" fool - just ignore him/her. If they are heartless enough to make those kind of comments, nothing but prayer can fix their twisted mind. As a retired police officer, I get so tired of seeing these sensless tragedies. It is no longer my job to place blame anywhere. The only thing I will say to all you parents of teen drivers (or soon to be drivers), THINK ABOUT THE CAR YOU ALLOW THEM TO DRIVE!!! We all want our kids to be happy and "cool", but we also need them to be safe. A high-performance car and a new driver never has been, and never will be a good combination. God bless all of you involved.

• Kyle BrownMarch 28, 2011 - 9:59 am

To someone on their way to work: How dare you. A person died, and what do you do? Complain about being late to work. We're all sorry that you were 15 minutes late to work, and are glad that you're more important than Tim. What were you thinking? Tim was loved so much. Everyone liked him. He was a great pole vaulter and a friend to everyone. We are all telling you that you screwed up, and yet you blame the Democrat and say that our anger should be at the driver. Let me say this again- Someone died. Show some respect. I believe that an apology is in order. It's the least you can do.

• BMarch 28, 2011 - 10:00 am

My deepest condolences to the friends and families affected by this, and my heart is heavy for the young lady driver and her family. To the man/women that was late to work, I hope that you have "learned your lesson." Please learn to show more compassion for others. But, as stated by other readers above, we should not direct our attention on you. You are not to blame. Yet, while not entirely innocent, the young lady driver and her parents that bought her the vehicle are not to blame either. (Though, it was a very poor choice in vehicle for a teenage driver). As a concerned parent, a mother of two young daughters, I am pointing my finger at our legislation. This happens way too often: young drivers involved in fatal accidents. At 16, I myself was guilty of having a lead foot, as were most of my friends. At that age, most teenagers are not mature enough to understand the seriousness and realize the possible consequences. We need to up the driver age. I truly hope that when my daughters are of age that the age requirement will have been changed to 18. I have heard that this change was in the works. Does anybody know what the status is on the law?

• wMarch 28, 2011 - 10:11 am

B- making ANOTHER law won't change what has happened. Laws take away choices.

• kathyMarch 28, 2011 - 10:19 am

Both families are in my prayers...i ask you all stop fighting on here for Melanie and grieve and pray for them...she or Timmy wont be happy to see the mean angry words...someone made a bad comment...we dont know what happened in that persons life...they could of lost someone to an accident...For the family's...stop the anger and show love and support at this time....In loving memory of Timmy Mulholland

• DMarch 28, 2011 - 10:19 am

i agree, increasing the age doesnt necessarily guarantee accidents like this will be avoided. its the responsibility as parents to educate their children as much as possible, and no one single law or even an exponential amount of knowledge can keep tragedies like this from happening. even people who are older and have a ton of experience behind them still get in accidents like this every day. age wont make much difference in situations like this, but as parents its important to take as much time with your child as possible and teach them safe driving, and expose them to accidents and situations like this so they know the impact of their driving choices.

• Christina TurnbullMarch 28, 2011 - 10:20 am

Tim was a very sweet boy. When I had to tell my young daughters of this terrible loss they cried and said "Tim always made people happy when they were sad" When I asked them what they meant, they told a story about being at a church gathering and feeling left out as others were playing a game. Tim noticed and started a game of Simon Says with the young children. He took initiative to provide fun and entertainment to little children. How many teen boys do you know that would do that? Tim has four sisters, a mom and a dad and many friends. I hope that we can all take the time to send kind letters of love and support during this tragic time. I am praying for forgiveness and healing for the young girl driver, and also for strength for the Mulholland family. Let us not give one more ounce of energy to the selfish person who posted first. God bless you Mulholland family.

• DefendantMarch 28, 2011 - 10:20 am

How dare you talk about your "back tracking"! those were people in that car and one died,not to mention a teenager. So sorry for the inconvenience sir. I ll be sure to move the destroyed car and ambulances out of th way just for you!

• JillMarch 28, 2011 - 10:25 am

Regardless of who was late for work, or what kind of car the girl was driving, this was a tragic event and blaming anyone or anything will not change the end results. My heart aches for both families and all their friends. Please let this be a lesson for all of our kids!

• Just a ThoughtMarch 28, 2011 - 10:48 am

How would you like to be the Sherrif's deputy who had to go tell the parents that their son had been killed! I'm sure he was really upset that you were late for work. My thoughts and prayers are with this family.

• Wulfert FamilyMarch 28, 2011 - 10:54 am

From the Wulfert family, your sons friend and classmate Shelby in particular, our deepest condolences and prayers. Love, freinds and family will keep you strong and see you through this diffucult time. Shelby spent most of last night sobbing and crying with her and your sons freidns and was at the candelight at EDHS this morning. Words cannot describe your pain, but your community feels it and shares it with you. We love you.

• BethMarch 28, 2011 - 10:55 am

I feel the Mountain Democrat should take some responsibility here and get this conversation off the internet. That poor girl. First of all, the article says some lady "heard" the car and crash...how the heck could she possibly know the speed? Some very irresponsible reporting has resulted in some very harmful comments that could do a lot of damage to already devastated people. PLEASE, Mountain Democrat, get this off the internet!

• Greenwood BillApril 04, 2011 - 4:36 pm

Welcome to freedom of the press. Also, it is not hard to judge speed by sound if you are familiar with a road and the sounds of normal traffic.

• ChrisMarch 28, 2011 - 11:03 am

Beth, CHP has already determined the speed to be 89 mph....so the lady was not far off in her auditory guess of the speed.

• sad to hereMarch 28, 2011 - 11:14 am

my daughter is friends with this driver and has ridden with her many times. She certainly shouldn't have been speeding and she will forever be haunted with the reality of what she has done.. Shame on her parents for giving her this powerful sportscar. What were you thinking? An 18 year old is not experienced enough for a vehicle like this. You should have stuck with the Subaru. My heart goes out to Tim and his Family. thankfully 2 lives were not lost

• rfgljdfkjweiojMarch 28, 2011 - 11:10 am

All of our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, in this time of need. he will be missed.

• Paint your bald spot?March 28, 2011 - 11:11 am

why ye care? Tim was a character, he made me laugh, often!

• Kayla NunezMarch 28, 2011 - 11:27 am

My thoughts and prayers are with Tims family. Tim was a good person and will trully be missed. he touched everyones heart. We'll miss you Timmy!! And to the i was late for work guy, your so inconsiderate. someone lost their life and your upset about being late for work WOW.

• tfishcatchMarch 28, 2011 - 11:32 am

LATE FOR WORK , really.....THIS POOR CHILD AND FAMILY WILL BE LATE TO THE REST OF THEIR LIVES !!!!!!! you should be so very ashamed of yourself !!!!

• garrett vincentMarch 28, 2011 - 11:51 am

You should be disapointed in your self and being so selfish. How would u feel if u wer TIM MOLHOLLAND inside of that car serously injured let me guess u dont have any feelings for anybody but your self or that young lady. Just cuz u dont have feelings doesnt mean that u have to make things harder. God bless the 2 teens in that car accident. We cant possibly give the 2 teens and there familys enough love and help and work through this as best as we can. WE ALL MISS YOU LOTS AND WE WILL NEVER FORGET ABOUT YOU

• anonymousMarch 28, 2011 - 12:01 pm

Regardless of whether or not this person knew that Tim died, it was very inconsiderate for them to make those comments. Much love and praying for Tim and Victoria's families. They both need all the love and support they can get right now.

• Chuck HollandMarch 28, 2011 - 12:11 pm

Beth, while this whole event is very tragic and sad, the Mt Democrat has a responsibility to report these situations, and the comments that follow are a fluid part of news media. The Mt. Democrat does a very good job monitoring the comments and removes distasteful comments timely. To both families, I would like to convey my deepest sympathy. To future comment writers, please be respectful and be mindful of the tragic loss here.

• Stacia KoeckritzMarch 28, 2011 - 12:16 pm

I spent this morning crying and looking at photos of Timmy on Facebook, MySpace, and school yearbooks. He was a sweet, engaging boy who was full of life and I've enjoyed watching him grow over the last eleven plus years into a wonderful young man. Since he lived just down the street from us and shared many sports activities with my son (and through his sister my daughter), I saw him on a nearly daily basis. I will miss seeing his little blue Subaru waiting to pick up his sisters from school or dance or coming back from snowboarding or parked in his favorite spot at EDHS. He will be greatly missed!

• Mother of teen driversMarch 28, 2011 - 12:26 pm

Some people say things like "late to work" did simply to get a rise out of people. Don't focus on such ignorant comments. You're only fueling their intent which is to get a reaction. This is a great loss for the community. Pull together and lean on each other. "Turn the anger into water and let it slip through your hands; ..."We live this life breath to breath, we're all the same, we all bleed red." - Ronnie Dunn

• flyboyMarch 28, 2011 - 12:34 pm

you may have been late to work but i lost a friend and a teammate and all you care about is that you where a couple minutes late. why don't you think about other people for once in your life.

• James FrostMarch 28, 2011 - 12:39 pm

To all the insensitive folk out there: just think if it had been your friend who passed away in this accident. How would you feel if someone said " well that will tech them a lesson". Just think for a minute before you talk. Tim we all miss you bud.

• andrew rMarch 28, 2011 - 12:58 pm

I agree with Ms. Dunn. Don't focus on "Late for Work" persons comment folks. He dosen't deserve that kind of attention, so try not to even acknowledge him. This is a terrible tragedy, and i'm truly sorry for both of the families. What we need to do now is support the Mulholland family as best we can, and be there for them in there time of need.

• Matthew SipesMarch 28, 2011 - 1:02 pm

Human nature? How can we be so destructive and hurtful to one another. Lets all step back and take a long hard look at ourselves. We judge others by their actions and judge ourselves by our good intentions. Have we ever been angered because we were delayed for work? How many of us have hurried into the the grocery store just to pick up a few things only to get behind an elderly person walking too slow. We get impatient and rush by not giving one thought to the pain that each step might be sending through his/her body. How many times have we been hungry, grumpy and rude to the server at the restaurant, not giving one thought of what it must be like to wait on such immature people all dressed in their Sunday best? Whenever you have the urge to point your finger just remember that you will have three pointing right back at you. This is a terrible way for us all to act at such a time like this pointing fingers at the young lady for going to fast, have you ever gone too fast? Pointing fingers at the parents just because they wanted to bless their child with a quality car? Pointing fingers at the guy for being upset and late for work then posting the very same feelings that no doubt you may have had in another place and time? No this is not the time or place to be pointing fingers. Maybe you should just thank God that you have some fingers, there are many people in the world who don't have any. Lets all do our best to use them to bless and help each other rather than accuse and tear down. Lets all fold our fingers together in prayer for those that have been touched by this tragedy. My what God must see when He looks upon the earth.

• Sara YatesMarch 28, 2011 - 1:07 pm

To Matthew Sipes - Amen to everything you said! It is all just a tragedy.

• PamMarch 29, 2011 - 7:47 am

My child was very up set when she got home from school. BUT the driver was so wrong, the weather was bad, the road is not a safe at high speed even in good weather.Now 2 family and community will nevery be the same.

• MelMarch 29, 2011 - 9:02 am

This is a very sad and tragic thing for any mother to have to live through. The girl that was driving will be punished, Probably looking at manslaughter plus her wreckless driving and having to live the rest of her life with this on her consience. So instead of judging just pray for the family and help as much as you can help.

• Melanie MulhollandMarch 29, 2011 - 8:52 pm

To Mr Snipes... Your words are unwelcoming and un comforting to the mother of this precious child! No one cares what you think!

• Matthew SipesMarch 30, 2011 - 9:54 am

Dear Mrs. Mulholland, Please accept my apology, It was not my intention to be insensitive. I totally understand that you could care less what I think.

• mark hillesMarch 29, 2011 - 11:20 pm

To Matthew Sipes. Being a friend of Melanie, i agree with her. what's with the lecture?Now is not the time for a stupid lecture. A beautiful family has just lost a loving son and brother in a tragic accident..What God sees when he looks at the earth i have no idea, but im sure it's not what you think... God has a reason for everything even something that seems so senceless as this. In my eyes, there was some bad judgement here that cost this young man his life.. My heart hurts for my friend Melanie, and her family.. To Tims friends and classmates i feel your pain and encourage you to love and pray for his family, you both need each other to get through this.. My friend i am praying for you and your family..

• Christina TurnbullMarch 30, 2011 - 12:02 am

What Mr Sipes was referring to was the hatred In the very first post from the person that was Complaining for being late to work because Of the accident and all the other hateful Comments that followed that had to be deleted By the mountain democrat because they were So terrible. Matthew, who happens to be my Brother in law, was trying to get people to Stop bring ugly and respect those involved. If you go back to the first page of comments You will see what I mean. He does not live In this state but has been faithfully praying For Melanie because I asked him to.

• Rhonda CollinsApril 05, 2011 - 8:38 am

Christina Turnbull, I'm sorry for getting off the subjet for a minute but i was just wandering if you were relateted to any of the Turnbull's in Rocklin...John and Billy? Thank you for your time if i would of had your e-mail i wouldn't of posted it here. Sorry Mel..God Bless

• Matthew SipesMarch 30, 2011 - 1:34 pm

Correction - This should have been addressed: "To All The Finger Pointing Bloggers". (There were a lot of ugly posts before mine. People slamming each other. That sort of posting never helps anyone.) My sincerest condolences to the Mulholland family. You are in my prayers.

• Oh BrotherMarch 28, 2011 - 1:18 pm

Very well said Matthew. God bless you for spreading his word.

• Oh BrotherMarch 28, 2011 - 4:47 pm

Should have capitalized His Word.

• AmenMarch 28, 2011 - 1:23 pm

Amen!! Praying for everyone that is hurting. I mean EVERYONE!!

• in memory of tim!March 28, 2011 - 8:23 pm

I am a friend of Tims and can honestly say he would more than appreciate your prayers and i do too. it is hard to deal with his death and it isnt getting much easier. I go to El Dorado High Schoolo and i am amazed how many people this has affected. We have all come together as a school and mourned and celebrated his life today. If Tim would just look down at the flag pole outside of school and see the candles, posters, and letters to him and his family he would know he is greatly loved and will be greatly missed. Tim was (is) an awesome person and so is Tori. I send to prayers to fellow classmates and to both of the familys. If it is hard for me to get through day after only knowing Tim for 2 years i cant imagine what the familys are going through. I think i speak for everyone who knew Tim in saying, Thank You for your GOOD thoughts and prayers they are needed at this time.

• ObserverMarch 28, 2011 - 2:03 pm

For "someon on the way to work" please notice that no one cares that you were late to work and made an irrevocable, inexplicable and indefensible self-centerd, self-serving comment. People care that a life was lost and another irreparably impacted. Where did you learn about compassion and human decency-Westboro Baptist Church?

• DaveMarch 28, 2011 - 4:08 pm

And as we wind on down the road, our shadows taller than our souls...

• April RainMarch 28, 2011 - 2:32 pm

My heart goes to Victoria. I hope people know that she is not to blame. As a teenager, I'm guilty of having ventured on joy rides. My own sister, Liz Rainsbarger passed away five years ago in Pollock in the same way. She was driving. Her and Chuck Greason both lost their lives. Many people blamed and hated my Sister for what happened, but, much like this, it was an accident. I don't know Victoria, but I know that the aftermath of this one poor decision will haunt her for the rest of her life. Please try to remember that. (I pray for you). As for Timmy(!), he was a genuinely wonderful person. Very seldom did I see him without a smile on his face. He was probably one of THE funniest people I have ever had the privilege of knowing. I will miss him a great deal more than words will ever allow me express. Graduation will not be the same, nor will SAW week. El Dorado High School is in a sullen state today. As a matter-of-fact, the world feels smaller without him here. But I am proud to be a part of this school today, because we are pulling together and keeping each other strong. I have never seen this school more united as I have today. My heart is heavy and goes out to Tim's family. You will be in my prayers, along with all the people whom Tim his left his unforgettable mark upon. His passing is an incomprehensible tragedy, for he was an amazing, gregarious, warm, caring and loyal person. I will never forget him, and I know that I will see him again (I look very forward to that). I know that it's cliche, but "only the good die young." R.I.P Timmy. You are forever in my heart, and I'm thankful for ever moment I got to spend with you. You will be eternally missed, and are unconditionally loved.

• DebbieApril 02, 2011 - 4:10 pm

April Rain, I am so very proud of you (I know, totally cliche as well! <3). You are such a delightfully wise young lady. It is such a joy to watch you grow in ALL areas of your being, soul, heart.... ;) For all families, friends, and loved ones involved - my heart and prayers go out to you. Love and blessings, Debbie

• TimApril 02, 2011 - 4:24 pm

April, your statement "...she is not to blame" is in denial and deadly for the attitude of many teenagers who don't take responsibity for their actions. Take your joy rides at Disney Land. Cars can easily kill, just like guns. You don't show off with loaded guns (I hope), so don't show off with cars!!!

• Diana D.April 04, 2011 - 12:29 am

The number ONE killer of teens are car accidents. That means that for every 100 teens that die every year, 53 were involved in a car accident. Many parents are shocked when they hear this. Pretty sad.

• Major Bill SmithMarch 28, 2011 - 3:38 pm

Timmy always said "my finger nails grow"

• twentythreeMarch 28, 2011 - 3:51 pm

I'm not scared to say I'm urged by all the negative comments! This story is not about someone being late to work! The comments shouldn't be either!! A young loving, and loveable man lost his life. Yes its hard but people should be celebrating his life!! From what I've read and seen it wasn't a bad life. The the universe run its path, you all talk about karma yet do you read what your writing! Karma people! Treat and talk to people the way you want to be treated and talked to!! Send postive out so the universe can send them back!! Rest In Peace Tim. My deepest condolences to both of these families. Everyone makes mistakes, and everyone has to live with them.

• David MartinelliMarch 28, 2011 - 5:24 pm

Please try to moderate your comments made on Mountain Democrat articles. While we appreciate the dialog and feedback on our stories, personal threats, excessive swearing and vulgarity will be removed. Thank you.

• James LonghoferMarch 28, 2011 - 5:42 pm

While I agree with Mr. Martinelll, I don't see him on the Mt.Democrat Staff Directory. Is he the computer guy?

• David MartinelliMarch 28, 2011 - 6:08 pm

I am the Online Editor at the Mountain Democrat.

• Greenwood BillMarch 29, 2011 - 2:43 pm

You need a "flag" feature. Wordpress has several

• Melanie MulhollandMarch 29, 2011 - 9:18 pm

• Rhonda CollinsMarch 30, 2011 - 4:25 pm

Dearest Melanie, We are so very sorry for your loss sweetie, know one knows the pain but a mother in losing a child.Melanie,I'm Jen's mom Jennifer Collins she babysat for you for years.When all of the kids where just babies.She went out to get the paper this morning and she called me crying so hard it was so sad. I just want you to know that she really loved him and all of the kids very much. She always talked about your children, how good they were,how pretty the girls are and how cute timmy was.I want you to know something Melanie please beleive me when i say that Timmy will never be forgotten. People will remember him for a very long time to come. I lost my brother @19 years of age in 1978 and to this day his friends are still talking about the goodtimes they all shared.He was a good boy! God Bless If you need us please call..email me

• Rhonda CollinsApril 05, 2011 - 9:13 am

Melanie, I had a thought if you dont like it please say so thats okay...But i was just thinking if maybe we could all write SALLY on our back windows this week in honor of Timmy and every year on whatever week after that you chose there after. Everyone in Eldorado County can drive around with their cars saying Sally on the back windshield for a week to celebrate their love for Timmy...

• FriendsMarch 28, 2011 - 5:52 pm

We all lost a very irreplaceable person when this happened. Everything and everyone that mattered to him was lost in a split second, but please don't make Tori feel worse about it than she already does. She shouldn't have been speeding, yes, we all understand that, including her. But she knows what she did and how it can't be taken back. Tim was always smiling and laughing, I don't remember one time when I saw him with a straight face. We all lost a friend that day, and our thoughts and our prayers go out to his family, friends, and lovely girlfriend. He will be greatly missed. Love, a student from Eldo

• Sister of a friendMarch 28, 2011 - 6:40 pm

It just hit me that he is really gone. I hope everyone will learn to cope with the loss. I also hope that she gets better. People die everyday all we need to learn is to cope. My prayers to both familys and of course the friends too. Lots of love <33333333 aj Ps the negative comments to the negative person doesn't help the people mourning.

• Julia GillespieMarch 28, 2011 - 7:10 pm

I agree with "Friends" regarding the irreplaceable loss. I have a teenage driver myself. It is a terrible tradgedy. Something Tim's family will never heal from. April Rain- honey, in one instance you say, "I hope people know she is not to blame" then go on to say "...this one poor decision" I'm not sure which you believe. Victoria is to blame, that is a fact. She was at the wheel. She has correctly claimed that she was at fault. The best thing people can do for her is help her and her family heal. Matthew- "..parents..want to bless their child with a quality car", their is a huge difference between a "quality" car and a "sports" car. A Ford Fiesta is a "quality"car but it is not a sports car. Giving a sports car to a teenager is not a blessing but a tradgedy waiting to happen. I have been driving for 34 years. There is no way a teenager has enough experience to be driving a fast, responsive, sports vehicle made for speed. Victoria is 18 years old, the paper states, she has been driving, at most, for 3 years. Not enough experience for that car. She herself says, in not so many words, she did not have enough driving experience to handle the car she was "blessed" with. When will parents stop providing children their children with $30,000+ vehicles/sports cars? This seems ridiculous (and just a small part of the reason many children feel entitled to so much). Just because you can afford to doesn't mean, as a parent, that you should. It is possible to purchase "quality" cars that are more than safe, that provide better stability for a learning driver than a sports car.

• James LonghoferMarch 28, 2011 - 7:25 pm

Mr. Martinelll, welcome -- yours appears to be an ever increasing job as Letters to the Editor and comments on the web have significantly increased. This web site is always interesting and a great addition to the paper.

• student of eldoradoMarch 29, 2011 - 8:38 am

we all here at eldo are very sad for are loss tim was a outstanding student, brother, and to most the best freind u would ever have. Tim had so much to live for he jus got accepted in to coledge few months away from graduating highschool, and that little blue car he loved that car my prayrers go out to his familey we all lost a freind but his familey lost a son, a nephew, a brother, and a grandson, please no matter what your religion is please pray for his familey we all have lost someone so we know what that feels like. RIP TIM WE ALL WILL MISS U..... U MAY BE GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

• Renee van DykMarch 29, 2011 - 1:36 pm

Yes, Please do send all your well wishes and good memories of Tim with your classmates as well as with the families. They need those now...

• HeartbrokenMarch 29, 2011 - 2:45 pm

Let those who have never sinned cast the first stone! Everyone has and does make mistakes. Most of the time our consequences are minimal to nothing. Sometimes, as in this accident, tragic. In retrospect, any one of us could have this situation impact our life (past, present or future). To throw stones at anybody involved is ludicrous and it’s heartbreaking to view derogatory comments from the uninformed. This could happen in any motor vehicle, anytime and anywhere. Please reach out to these families and friends with hope, grace and encouragement

• mom of 17yo driverMarch 29, 2011 - 3:28 pm

My heart goes out to Tim's family and to Victoria and her family this a loss to great for words. HOWEVER, I whole heartedly agree with those that believe she had no business behind the wheel of a 300+hp car. Parents should be aware that our kids have no experience behind the wheel. If you want to by your kids fancy high powered sports cars, then make sure they have the training to handle the car. Not only does chp offer teen survival classes, Tire Rack does as well. So I guess if you want to buy your child a car, make sure they know how to handle any situation they can get into behind the wheel. Finally, teach them to be smart behind the wheel so we don't loose anymore of Gods gifts.

• verysadMarch 29, 2011 - 6:03 pm

I went to school with Tim and this has hit very close to home. This is a horrible thing that shouldn't have happened. Victoria was driving recklessly, yes, but can you honestly sit there and tell yourself that you have never done the same? Many people speed, many people dont die, some do. Tim drove like this also, he once told me of a 110 mph speeding ticket he got, doesnt matter the kind of car, it doesnt matter who was driving, this kind of stuff happens, and Victoria doesnt deserve any negative feedback, she is the one that has to live with this incident her whole entire life, unless the same has happened to you, you do not know what she is going to have to deal with. This was an accident and it is done and all we can do as a community to recover is to work on moving forward, not dwell on what happened. Tim you will be missed very much by your senior class, and all of el-dorado. You where an amazing person.

• A students FatherMarch 29, 2011 - 7:11 pm

My Daughter met this young man when she started El Dorado High this year and they became close friends very quickly. I met him once when he was looking to sell his car. In that one time I realized how quickly he can make friends with his outgoing, fun loveing personality. What happened was a very unfortunate tradgedy. My heart goes out to every person who was effected by this, his family, friends, the lady who tryed to help at the scene, the officer, medical response personel. He will be greatly missed by many,

• Mother of young driver and friend of both teenagersMarch 29, 2011 - 7:12 pm

Siiting here crying wondering what is to come next. Isnt it bad enough that we have to grieve over the loss of a young life that was about to take a huge life step? Tim was a happy soul who brought smiles to many faces including and most of all his mother. I cant imagine what she must feel. Hug your children and do all that you can to insure their lives are full, long and righteous. Tory is a beuatiful girl who had no intentions to have this tragidy as an outcomefrom a drive in her new car. Can anyone have any idea what she is feeling.Do not judge and foregiveness is what all of us have from our great maker. Do just that and forgive and hold many memories in your heart.

• friendMarch 29, 2011 - 7:19 pm

i have gone to school with Tim sence kindergarden. This also hit real close to home. tho he was not one of my closer friends, it upset me more that id thounght it would when i found out what happend to him.

• Just WonderingMarch 29, 2011 - 9:15 pm

Didn't Victoria's parents buy her brother a porsche?

• Melanie MulhollandMarch 29, 2011 - 9:21 pm

• Ray BellMarch 29, 2011 - 9:46 pm

YES!!! They did. But it's not up to us to judge. So please stop. Tim would want us to love and laugh. So we will. My Son was a great man! My Son was a HERO to his mother and sisters. If you just can't help yourselves? Call me. Meet me. I'll set you straight. I miss my boy. He was taken from me. I will not sit here and allow you to tarnish his memory. I challenge anyone who has ANY negative comments to meet me any time, anywhere! Shut your mouths and allow us to mourn our Son.

• Kevin, father of eldo studentApril 05, 2011 - 8:07 am

U tell em Ray!!!!

• Mom of teenMarch 29, 2011 - 9:32 pm

My heart breaks for both families. For those who want the blood of the young woman driving, ask yourself if you have ever driven too fast. How many of us did or would have taken a car out and tested its limits at that age. I am not saying it was right, but have some compassion for the young woman who made a mistake that cost her friend's life. Something she will have to live with for the rest of hers.

• Colten HansenMarch 29, 2011 - 9:35 pm

I just want to say that I loved Tim. I argued with him sometimes but it doesn't change the fact that he was awesome. I spent a large amount of time with Tim in the past year and he had an amazing time this year. He enjoyed his senior year to the fullest like everyone should. We need to realize that now is not the time to be talking about the car, the parents or the driver. Guess what. It happened and obviously there were mistakes made but we need to accept it. We need to be the community that supports each other when it's important and needed. I would really appreciate it if people stopped using one of my best friends' death as a way to release their frustrations. Just please let it all go and appreciate the kind of person Tim was. I know everyone will miss Tim, I know that I will...

• Tims friendMarch 29, 2011 - 10:08 pm

Late for work...my friend is dead...think about that.

• Mom's friendMarch 29, 2011 - 10:18 pm

Please know our loss is Heavens gain

• Amanda M.March 29, 2011 - 10:43 pm

I was on my way to a friends house out Newtown and there were 3 sheriff cars and a tow truck..obviously there had been an accident, and me and my friends just turned around and went another way to their house...I didn't realize that it was Tim...and i didn't think that the accident was that bad..I was too far back in the line of cars to tell....I didn't know Tim very well, but he could always make everybody smile, no matter what. All who knew him absolutely loved him, and most of those who didn't, had heard about him. He was always so goofy and silly and he didn't care about what anybody thought. Even with not knowing him that well, I did know one thing. He is(was) an AMAZING human being. He had so much going for him and he was always happy and smiling. Tim, you will be missed greatly, never forgotten. And Tori, it WASN'T your fault, always remember that. Rest in peace tim, we all love you so much. You will never be forgotten. <3

• CMarch 29, 2011 - 11:09 pm

Tim was such a sweetheart. He was ALWAYS smiling :) I didn't realize how many people Tim touched until Monday morning at school. The way the school came together blew me away. We are all heartbroken by this tragedy. Tim will forever be missed. He was loved by many. My heart goes out to Tim's family and also Tori's. I cannot imagine the heartbreak both of these families are going through right now. Tori and Tim are both WONDERFUL people. Tim's dazzling smile and outrageous humor will be missed tremendously. Love you Tim <3 We all miss you so much, I'll see you soon :)

• chris vincent srMarch 30, 2011 - 7:13 am

Why don't all the students and public who knew Tim get their photos and stories together and make a big scrap book for the Mullholand Family

• Melanie MulhollandMarch 30, 2011 - 8:34 am

I would love a scrap book w pictures of my son . You all have great pictures of my silly boy!! Please I would love this! Thank you Chris Mother of Timothy

• chris vincent srMarch 30, 2011 - 2:04 pm

My son Chris and another friend Reese are puting it together. They put it in the anouncements. I never personally met Tim but he was in a few classes and on the track teem with him. We have 5 boys and 3 are Eldo students and all fine young men just as your son is. Any thing we can do please contact us. My e mail is highground300@yahoo.com

• kim clarkApril 03, 2011 - 8:11 am

Mrs. Mulholland, I'm very sorry for you'r loss. Maybe if these people are soooo rich buying Porches for their immature kids, they can afford to help you out. I realize no amount of money can compensate you for your loss, but these people are contributors to this crime. They also need to be punished.

• Todd FarmerApril 03, 2011 - 8:23 pm

please try to be sensitive miss Clark...... Don't you think that Girl and her family would not do or give Anything to undo this, as if they could ? Hindsight is often the second most painful thing a parent will experience... to the Mulholland family, i am very sorry to hear about Tim, my sincerest condolences.... i can only imagine your pain... i'm so sorry for your loss. i was a Hospice Nurse for many years, and i have seen a few things in that time... i hope there is some solace for your family when i share that some of my people (more than a few) have told me of those loved ones who came to ease their fear of passing over. true, it is a rare experience, but one i believe it Whole Heartedly to be true... we do go on,... there is more... Keep Faith.

• kim clarkApril 04, 2011 - 3:56 pm

@Todd Farmer, It says in the article that Victoria's only words when the cops arrived were that she wasn't aware of how fast that car drives. Not how is my friend? Is he gonna live? It has been my experience that parents who buy expensive cars for their kids are trying to make up for bad parenting. As if to say, I know I wasn't there for you, I had more important things to do so here is a car to buy your forgiveness. They are equally to blame. If they made Victoria work her butt off and save up for her first car she would have driven with care.

• chris vincent srMarch 30, 2011 - 7:43 am

Contact chris vincent jr at school to help him organize a scrap book

• babysitterMarch 30, 2011 - 7:48 am

Although I only knew him as a little boy, Tim had a beautiful and rare spirit. My heart goes out to the entire family.

• i lost my teen son 9 months ago...March 30, 2011 - 9:48 am

the pain of losing a child in the most unbearable, uncontrollable and deepest pain a mother can ever suffer. you don't need anyone to tell you how to feel or react; you cant control it anyway. please don't tell the family how to feel. you don't know them, the last thing they said to their baby or how they feel, let them grieve.

• BethMarch 30, 2011 - 10:58 am

I believe everyone is put on this earth for a special purpose. To give hope or love to someone else or even somehow change the world. Those who new you should just be happy for the time they were able to share with you. I believe we will see our loved ones again. Maybe not in the same way as we do here on earth, but God promises us eternal life. No one can change the terrible tragedy of losing a friend or loved one, but putting yourself through the what if game isn't going to bring them back. When I die, I hope to be remembered with laughter, not tears. No one can know how someone else feels and right now you are hurting but time heals some of the pain. Now is the time to hold your other friends and family closer to your heart. God Bless, Beth

• Rhonda CollinsMarch 30, 2011 - 4:33 pm

That was wonderful Beth...

• R.J. "Cowboy" CarterMarch 30, 2011 - 11:25 am

I've never met Tim or Mulhollands, but the loss their child is unimaginable to me.....What must be moving through those who knew and loved Tim is a horrible sadness and a longing for just one more day...We will never know why this young man was chosen to leave this earth so soon, but I only hope Tim's loved ones can find some solace in the many loving posts left in this blog...These comments go to prove that Tim's life, while short, gave the world many precious memories too beautiful to ever forget, and that Tim will forever live in the hearts of those he left behind....God's speed to Tim, and God bless his parents along with all involved in this tragedy.....

• Grieving MotherMarch 30, 2011 - 12:23 pm

I am so, so sorry. I feel for what you are going through. We lost our 18 year old son a year and a half ago in an auto accident also, and it has devastated our family. I know it is so soon, but if you log into Griefshare.com you can request that they send you daily emails for the next year to help you understand the many different emotions you and your family are going through. Green Valley Community Church also has a twelve week Griefshare class that meets once a week if you feel the need for something like this later on. My husband, older son and myself all attended, along with some of his friends. I am so sorry. God Bless you and your family.

• George LawsonMarch 30, 2011 - 1:48 pm

My daughter is good friends with Tim & Tori. Although I've never met Tim I can see he is loved by many & will missed. I've known Tori and her family for several years. My daughter & Tori were on the same swim team. My heart goes out to both families. This is in Gods hands now. Please remember that accidents are accidents & now isn't the time to point blame. It was a mistake with very high consequences. I am so sorry this happened, even more so than words can say. I'm keeping both families in my prayers. God Bless you all.

• chris vincent srMarch 30, 2011 - 2:21 pm

Oh yeah one more thing ! Let's focus all of the negative energy on making something positive happen. What ever it is you do make it happen toward helping both families cope and Tori to be strong as well

• Greenwood BillMarch 30, 2011 - 4:25 pm

Get used to it. Haters and trolls are what bring traffic to news sites. There will be more of this as this site gets discovered.

• Mrs. MMarch 30, 2011 - 5:25 pm

I used to be Tori's teacher, and I must note that she proved herself to be an excellent student--conscientious, dedicated, and responsible. We all make mistakes. When tragedies happen, we wish we had a big enough eraser. I’m praying for Tori, as she weeps for Tim.

• concernedMarch 30, 2011 - 5:54 pm

Please let the family, friends and all effected by this grieve. For all you who are trying to put blame stop. I work on the freeway every day and I rarely pass people as I do the speed limit, so I know from experience that over 90% of the people on the road speed. Leave earlier, drive slower, enjoy life and try to Love one another.

• Judy SmithMarch 30, 2011 - 10:52 pm

I am so sorry for the mom and friends of this well-liked young man. I am a 1976 graduate of EHS and over the years there have been way too many accidents and tragic loss of life whether it involved just exhibition of speed or alcohol and DUI. Please slow down and be cautious. The life you save could be your own or that of a friend and would you want that on your conscience the rest of your life. Our place is not to judge but to pray for those impacted by yet another tragedy.

• Dave BellMarch 30, 2011 - 11:20 pm

Tim was my nephew and a great young man. This really hurts. My heart goes out to his family and friends. Life is tough; time and unforseen occurances overtake us all; in the end it's the love we've shared with others that leaves the greatest impression. Tim gave me very wonderful memories to share.

• Myriah De MarsMarch 31, 2011 - 10:53 am

It’s kind of hard with you not around But I know you in heaven smiling down Watching us while we pray for you Every day we pray for you Till the day we meet again In my heart is where I’ll keep you friend Memories give me the strength I need to proceed Strength I need to believe My thoughts big I just can’t define Wish I could turn back the hands of time I still can’t believe you’re gone Give anything to hear half your breath I know you still living you’re life, after death I know your Partying it up in heaven with your stunner shades and your purple tall tee, and teaching the angels how dancing is done!!! Timmy could make anybody laugh, he was friends with everybody, he didn’t care what clothes they wore, or who they hung out with, or what they looked like, and he loved everybody. And if somebody was feeling down he would do his best to make them laugh. He was a GREAT friend, brother, and son. Please don’t cry for him, celebrate his life and remember the fun times we had with him and the laughter you shared with him. And please pray for his family, and please donate a dollar or two to help them for his ceremony thank you, A memorial fund has been set up to help the family with costs at El Dorado Savings Bank: The Timothy Mulholland Memorial Fund, acct. # #133063776, the Fed. Tax ID associated with the account is 37-1626207.

• R KeimApril 01, 2011 - 12:03 am

this is just sad. everyone says to stop placing blame but the truth is shes already placed it upon herself and I'm sure she will have her day in court for this. we have all driven too fast yes that much is true but those of us whom live in this area know how dangerous that road is. it is a well documented fact that wrecks happen on this road. going that quickly in a Volvo wouldn't be safe. so to go that quickly in a fiberglass car that has that much power probably equipped with low profile tires is just begging disaster to strike. I hope they give her ample time to reflect upon what happened here. she will serve her time and go on with her life but to the parents that lost their son this moment will forever be painful to them they will dream it when they sleep and think about it every time they grip a steering wheel. terrible things always happen to the good people. cars and stupidity cost lives and it takes something like this to remember that.

• friendApril 01, 2011 - 7:25 pm

Please! stop blaming!

• father of teen driversApril 02, 2011 - 1:36 pm

A terrible tragedy. The loss of an irreplaceable young man who is a son and a brother should shake all of us to the core. I am so very sorry for the young man, the young lady, their familes and loved ones. Tim's death should not be in vain. His death should be an immense wake up call to the teenagers in our community that life is precious and irreplaceable. To know that your actions behind the wheel of a car can destroy lives and devastate the lives of others. Yes, this was an accident but it was an preventable accident and didn't have to happen. I think it's good that anyone can find solice in their faith but we can not diminish the fact that another irreplaceable life was ended by a negligent driver. Too many teens are being killed by teen drivers and it's not good enough to say it was an accident. Lives are destroyed by the negligence of others. Drivers need to be held responsible for their decisions or this unnecessary deaths will continue. We never seem to learn.

• TimApril 02, 2011 - 4:53 pm

To "father of teen drivers": Amen! Would that your note be read at the next assembly at El Dorado High.

• mom of 17yo driverApril 02, 2011 - 5:06 pm

Just wanted to remind parents of young drivers that there are progams to help them prepare for the unpredictable. And if the kids want to drive fast take them to the track, $179 with NASA proracing for a day of high speeds with instruction seems well worth it to keep the speed off the streets, even $30 for a day of autocross at Mather can get it out of their system. KEEP THE RACING ON THE TRACK

• JessApril 02, 2011 - 4:43 pm

Tim will be forever missed. I knew for a couple years and every-time i saw him he was smiling, he would always make me laugh so hard id almost pee my pants. I found out the night it happened that he had passed. This is such a tragedy.RIP Timmy your smiles, your laughs, your jokes, YOU, will be missed forever. You are such an incredible person

• Friend of a friendApril 02, 2011 - 8:31 pm

My heart is broken for Melanie! I can't imagine what I'd do but your girls will keep you strong. After seeing a clip from YouTube, my daughter showed me of you at El Dorado, you're an inspiration of love, strength and grace! My heart is also with the girls. The poor men in their future will never live up to their brother! And for those who don't remember...... We all did crazy, stupid things as teenagers. From driving too fast to being a passenger in a car with a driver that was and didn't say anything. Be kind.

• Greenwood BillApril 03, 2011 - 10:46 am

More trolls abound! Good job MtDemo staff at deleting them quickly.

• EDHS Staff MemberApril 03, 2011 - 6:22 pm

Tim's memorial service was beautiful Saturday; he was an impressive young man and I imagine he was touched by the outpouring of love for him. He will be dearly missed. On a side note, I am so proud of our students over the past week. Even in their grief, they have responded to this event with a maturity beyond their years. Their actions have been nothing short of remarkable and Tim would be pleased to know that they are honoring him through what they say and do. God Bless Melanie and Tim's family as they continue to find God's love and peace in this time.

• Tim's neighbors...April 03, 2011 - 11:28 pm

***COMMENT REMOVED***

• Mother of 6April 04, 2011 - 12:12 pm

That sounds like putting salt on a wound. He was not driving. Why cause more pain to Melanie. Losing a child is the worst thing to happen and why bring up his driving now. You should have said something to the family while he was alive. I have had neighbors tell me that my child was driving fast and I was able to take action such as limiting driving privileges. Melanie will suffer the worst and be guilt ridden for the rest of her life thinking of what as a parent she could have done to prevent this outcome. Sadly this could have been prevented.

• WowApril 04, 2011 - 12:45 pm

Tim's neighbors, Some things are better left unsaid...what does your statement accomplish? I guess I can see what you were trying to say, but what good does it do to bring up 'faults'; we all have them. The word "however" negates all the positives things you said. Your statement is quite disrespectful, and probably deserves an apology. He was a beautiful, loving, and caring boy.

• Mother of 6April 04, 2011 - 4:08 pm

To the neighbor, I meant it was not a nice time to bring up that he may of speeded in the neighborhood. If it was so, maybe it may have been helpful to bring it up to the family at the time it was happening. Never the less, he was a passenger in a fatal accident. He was not driving.

• Ray BellApril 05, 2011 - 3:50 pm

Salt in the wound doesnt even cover it! Ever day I have to get up and remember I can kiss his face! I cant fill his car w gas, I cant smell him as he walks out the door! You Coward.....come down to my house you coward and we will see if our streets are safer! Are you kidding? Tim s Car Toped out at 75 MPH~ You are an ignorant piece of crap to put this on here. You had better make sure I NEVER KNOW who wrote this! And someday maybe you will knoiw the loss of a child and I p-ray someone pourts hot oil in your bleeding wound! Mother of the DEAD BOY

• Mother of the DEAD boyApril 05, 2011 - 3:54 pm

Do you always drive the speed limit? are you perfect? How is your glass house? Dont pray for me you hypocrite! Dont wave at me as you pass by , dont remember my son! Dont ever let me figure out who you are

• Kevin, father of eldo studentApril 05, 2011 - 7:58 am

This is for the entire Mulholland family...Melanie, Ray, Kevin, Kayla, Chelsea, Cassandra, Faith, all the aunts and uncles, Kristine, his girl... I can't imagine how U must feel. What a tragic and painful loss. My son attended the candelite vigil and his service, he's had alot of trouble sleeping lately. I heard about it right after it happened, but yesterday I saw the article in the paper with the pics, and it made my heart sink. Then I saw Melanie getting on the freeway in Pollock last night, read the back window and it brought tears to my eyes. Like I started this, I can't imagine how U must feel. A big online hug for U. My heart and prayers go out to all of U, especially Mom. Don't let these heartless boneheads and their insensitive and untimely comments get U down. U just remember what a great kid he was. He was obviously well liked by many. Although my car's name is not Sally, I will sing at the top of my lungs and think of your boy.