The El Dorado County Air Quality Management District is pleased to announce the launch of the Drive Clean! Vehicle Incentive Program.
Thank you for reading the MtDemocrat.com digital edition. In order to continue reading this story please choose one of the following options.
If you are a current subscriber and wish to obtain access to MtDemocrat.com, please select the Subscriber Verification option below. If you already have a login, please select "Login" at the lower right corner of this box.
Special Introductory Offer
For a short time we will be offering a discount to those who call us in order to obtain access to MtDemocrat.com and start your print subscription. Our customer support team will be standing by Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm to assist you.
If you are not a current subscriber and wish not to take advantage of our special introductory offer, please select the $12 monthly option below to obtain access to MtDemocrat.com and start your online subscription
AQMD is accepting applications for the Drive Clean! program, which will provide a $1,000 incentive for the purchase of an Air Resources Board White or Green sticker-eligible vehicle. These are vehicles allowed to travel in the High Occupancy Vehicle lanes at any time (i.e. without restriction).
Applicants must meet specific eligibility requirements:
• Reside in El Dorado County
• Commute on U.S. Highway 50 in the El Dorado Hills or Cameron Park area (the HOV lane sections) for school or work
• Purchase/lease a new vehicle on ARB’s White or Green sticker-eligible list (arb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/carpool.htm)
• Agree to own/lease vehicle for three years within El Dorado County
• Pre-approval by AQMD is required. Funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Other requirements may apply and supporting evidence is required.
All materials can be found on AQMD’s Website at edcgov.us/Government/AirQualityManagement/Grants_and_Incentive_Refunds.aspx.