The El Dorado County Air Quality Management District is pleased to announce the launch of the Drive Clean! Vehicle Incentive Program.
AQMD is accepting applications for the Drive Clean! program, which will provide a $1,000 incentive for the purchase of an Air Resources Board White or Green sticker-eligible vehicle. These are vehicles allowed to travel in the High Occupancy Vehicle lanes at any time (i.e. without restriction).
Applicants must meet specific eligibility requirements:
• Reside in El Dorado County
• Commute on U.S. Highway 50 in the El Dorado Hills or Cameron Park area (the HOV lane sections) for school or work
• Purchase/lease a new vehicle on ARB’s White or Green sticker-eligible list (arb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/carpool.htm)
• Agree to own/lease vehicle for three years within El Dorado County
• Pre-approval by AQMD is required. Funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Other requirements may apply and supporting evidence is required.
All materials can be found on AQMD’s Website at edcgov.us/Government/AirQualityManagement/Grants_and_Incentive_Refunds.aspx.