Cameron Park CSD’s McNeil steps down from Dist. 2 supe’s race

From page A8 | February 29, 2012 | 45 Comments

SCOTT McNEIL

In a surprise announcement, Scott McNeil issued a statement on Monday stating that he had decided to withdraw from the race for District 2 Supervisor. McNeil is currently a member of the Cameron Park Community Services District board.

McNeil said his decision was based on this not being the right time for him to run, given that it required him to move his residence from District 4 to District 2. “Moving to run was not the right thing to do,” he said.

However, several Cameron Park residents question whether McNeil and his family ever lived in the district where he planned to run for supervisor. They further allege that in some of the paperwork he filed as a potential candidate, he actually misrepresented the address where he lived in order to qualify to run for supervisor.

McNeil stated that at the end of December he moved his family to a home at 3097 Cambridge Road, which put him in District 2. That is also the address he apparently listed on his voter registration form. But because the house went up for sale, he said he then moved his family again on Feb. 1 to an apartment at 3006 Cambridge Road, which is also in District 2.

However, residents in Cameron Park question whether he ever lived at the 3097 Cambridge Road home. They claim that the house has been empty for several months and that neither the water nor the electric meter has shown any activity for three months. They claim that McNeil simply parked one of his cars in front of the house and when they toured the interior of the house in January, there was no furniture in it other than an inflatable mattress.

Cameron Park resident Bill Carey said that residents also noticed that when McNeil would go home at night, he would go to his home in District 4 and not to either residence on Cambridge Road.

Elections officials said that McNeil listed the 3097 Cambridge Road residence on the initial papers he filed to run for supervisor. However, those papers were only a list of signatures in lieu of a filing fee. He never filed the Final Declaration of Candidacy and Nomination Papers. Those are due by March 9. Election rules are that a person must live in the district in which they are running 30 days before the deadline for filing such papers and McNeil never filed as a candidate.

Cameron Park resident Jim Riordan said that he wants to know what the CPCSD board will do now once they learn that one of their board members allegedly misrepresented his address in order to run for supervisor. He says that he and other citizens plan to ask the CPCSD to ask McNeil to resign or they will try to recall him.

“We don’t want a liar on the board of the CPCSD. We want someone who is honest and truthful,” said Riordan.

Cameron Park resident Barbara Rogers agreed with Riordan. She claims that there is a “dirty nasty conspiracy” involving a small group of people who used to live in Sacramento and now live in this county and who are trying to take control of the Board of Supervisors. She said she and others plan to launch a recall effort against McNeil to remove him from CPCSD.

In the meantime, McNeil says he plans to pack up his RV and head out for some quality time with his family.

• Barbara RogersFebruary 28, 2012 - 4:46 pm

Great article Dawn, thank you. I would like to correct one item though; I did not say there was a small group of people who once lived in Sacramento and now live in this county. What I said was there is a group of people here In CP that want to control the District 2 supervisor. In fact I think they want to control the entire BOS. These people were backing Scott McNeil. With that said I just had a confrontation with McNeil at the 3006 Cambridge address, where he is apparently moving furniture out of. He yelled at me "are you checking the meter here also?" and he said "aren't you embarrassed for yourself". Let me put the record straight, I along with my group are not and will never be embarrassed Mr. McNeil for exposing you for what you are, a liar. There was absolutely no reason for this to have happened, all you had to do was not lie. Did you want the power so badly that you had to lie where you live? I take McNeil's actions towards me today as a threat. What he did to me is the same thing he did to Bill Carey and David Gelber on 4/1/11 at the CSD offices. I am surprised he didn’t call the police on me also. Keep it up Scott, in the end the truth will be known and you will be exposed along with the people who were behind you in this dirty little scheme.

• ReporterFebruary 28, 2012 - 7:49 pm

Barbara, Scott McNeil never threatened you.He only asked you if you were checking the meter too and if you are feeling embarrassed for yourself.That does not sound like threats to me.Grow Up!As for Mr. Bill Carey and his cohort Bill Gelber.The incident at CSD on 4/1/11 did happen to where the secretary at the CSD felt threatened by there yelling at her and demanding something from her.I have a copy of the original sheriffs report which I showed Bill Carey, At the CSD meeting.You were also there.They scared that girl.She called Scott and Scott called the sheriff.She should have filled a report on the two off them.The fact that you were playing detective , you and your friends,must have made you feel like a stalker?It sure appears that way to me.Why else were you there? You even went into the Condo that Scott moved out of because it was for sale!!!Are you getting paid for being a snoop?Some women should stay home and bake pies.

• Barbara RogersFebruary 28, 2012 - 8:13 pm

Nope Reporter, you are not going to win this one. I do not feel like a stalker because other than today when I was taking pics at 3006 Cambridge, I am not involved in what the hired P.I. has done. Scott is a liar and we have proven that fact, so you grow up, okay? I am sick of the lies and deception, so show yourself Reporter. You are all liars.

• TontoFebruary 28, 2012 - 8:50 pm

At least he stepped down before collecting any money, oops he did that already and he would have fit in so nicely with the others.

• ConcernedFebruary 28, 2012 - 9:01 pm

Barbra, I never agreed with your admission of being crazy until now. You are not a well women. By your own admission you suffered a nervous breakdown. Get the help you need sooner rather than later

• Barbara RogersFebruary 28, 2012 - 9:12 pm

Oh my gosh, who in the heck is Concerned? I suffered a nervous breakdown? when did I ever say that? I am not going to back down, nor is the others in my group. This is ridiculous. This is an attempt by Scott and his people to discredit me, go for it, bring it on. I am not going to bend and you can keep telling your lies but the truth is going to be known to every voter in Cameron Park. Concerned, you are a coward, reveal yourself.

• ConcernedFebruary 28, 2012 - 9:34 pm

Barbra, you have already revealed yourself for who you and your "group" are...serious nut jobs in need of lives. You are a bunch of carnival clowns who haven't realized the carnival left town months ago. Can hardly wait to see what your next life mission will be...how about collecting your "group" and move. Just a suggestion.

• Chele..February 28, 2012 - 11:10 pm

wow you are a gossip "concerned" very very mean human..do you beat your kids?? or the animals...

• LannieFebruary 29, 2012 - 2:43 am

Dear Reporter and concerned: First off if Mr. Carey and Gelber really frightened anyone why did that person call Mr. McNeil and not the Sheriffs? I wasn't at the CSD offices that day but I have spoken with employees who were and they said there was no need for Scott or the Sheriffs to be involved in what was a routine request for a transcript of the previous Board meeting. As a matter of fact one of the employees in the office that day went out and spoke to the Sheriffs Deputy who had responded to the 911 call and explained that Mr. Carey and Gelber were not loud, abusive, or threatening in any way, shape, or form. As to Ms. Rodgers, if she has revealed attempted voter and election fraud then she is to be applauded. No one is above the law not Scott McNeil or any of his supporters. Mr. McNeil in his initial press release announcing his decision not to run in the 2nd District said "he would have to move to the 2nd District”, not that he had moved. By his own admission Mr. McNeil has proven himself a liar and a cheat. How can he live on Cambridge Rd and need to move to the 2nd District to run. If he lived on Cambridge Rd he would already be in the 2nd District so he lied to all of the people who he got to sign papers in support of his candidacy. I don't know if honesty is important to either you Reporter or Concerned but it is to many of us here in Cameron Park, Mr. McNeil should consider the damage this incident has done to his reputation before deciding if he wishes to stay in the public arena. If he does decide to fill his term on the Cameron Park Board he will be subject to accusations of being a liar and a cheat. And Reporter and Concerned why don’t you show up to the next Board meeting and introduce yourselves. I’m certain that all of us who do attend the Board meetings on a regular basis would love to meet you both.

• TontoFebruary 29, 2012 - 6:23 am

At least when the questions started he stepped down and only has himself to blame for his actions, his attempted to mislead would have been found out by the people who he tried to fool. Now let's see if he is man enough to return the money he obtained under his false or misleading reporting of where he really lived. He won't remain in any area where he can't be trusted to tell the truth so his time on the CSD will also be limited and we won't hear from him again.

• GeraldFebruary 29, 2012 - 8:26 am

Hey where's our good friends Rollin Martin, Really!!!, Ken Steers, 1036-Frank, and James E.. These guys were all over the Chris Alacron story and how corrupt Ray Nutting is so where are they now? Their silence on this story is fascinating. Does anyone think they aren't commenting because Scott is one of their own? Oh well I guess El Dorado County politics is as dirty as they claim. This story proves it doesn't boy's.

• Ken SteersFebruary 29, 2012 - 2:06 pm

Gerald, I don't know who 1036-Frank is. The Colonel has informed us that he is having surgery and is taking a hiatus. Chris Alarcon or Prince but I don't think Alarcron is a strange individual. True. But I haven't said anything regarding Ray. I want to be clear that I do back many candidates each year. I backed Ray twice previously and if you knew the truth I was the first one to support him in his last campaign. Ray has denied having a business relationship with Alarcon to me directly. I'll take him at his word. It's a small county and for me I chose to not engage with those who are nattering nabobs regarding local politics.

• Local JohnFebruary 29, 2012 - 11:48 am

Gerald, really? Not going to argue County politics here, or at the State level, or at the federal level being dirty. BUT. McNeil’s part to step down instead of filing as a candidate versus the Alarcon issue, wow that’s a stretch. He at least stood up and faced the media and is not hiding behind a web site making accusations (read Alarcon) http://www.inedc.com/1-129 . I would say its apples and oranges on that comparison. As for the incident involving the Deputies being called, in this litigious society that move was correct. The last thing you would want to do is blow it off as nothing. You cannot take a chance like that with employees. As for the nosey neighbor, maybe you should change your name here to Mrs. Cravitz. That’s just straight out rude. Now I know why the place next to you is vacant.

• Rollin MartinFebruary 29, 2012 - 11:56 am

I was going to say wait for it....but then, there you were Gerald..right on cue. So, by my estimation we still haven't heard from the remaining 5 of you malcontents. I'm just thankful that someone in an elected position has the testicular fortitude (look it up Babs) to do whats important for the community as a whole...not just the noisy 5, but wait, this is a growing number, right? As usual with the spew that comes out of your collective mouths, nothing is based, even partly, in facts. Sounds like your a little p.o'ed that you stalked the wrong neighborhood...pity, or should I say pitiful! Have a great day.

• GeraldFebruary 29, 2012 - 4:48 pm

Projecting much Rollin? Hey I thought there were only three malcontents. I think we're catching on. Is this how the teaparty started? We're a growing movement. As to doing nothing for the community look at the CSD web site under RESOLUTION 2011-11 Use of Quimby Act fees I was responsible for the CSD adopting the rule that they would follow state law and I serve on the CC&R committee with Scott. What do you do Rollin, what committees do you serve on?

• TinkerbellFebruary 29, 2012 - 1:05 pm

Wow, this a vicious group of people. This is crazy. Barbara Rogers did not act alone but she is getting the worst of it. How dare anyone say that she had a nervous breakdown? She is taking it though and I hope she finds out who these people are, perhaps she can get for the slander. I think this paper needs to remove these remarks. Luckily you mean people are hiding who you really are. I think the battle is going to rage and while I don't live in CP, I think Mr. McNeil should not have lied about where he was really living. Where it did it get him? In the paper that's where. Very sad.

• Rollin MartinFebruary 29, 2012 - 2:02 pm

hello Tinkerbell. Its only slander if its not true. Unlike many of this "group" the truth will set you free...if your actually seeking it. Why would you assume that McNeil lied about where he lived? Listen to the people who are saying that and ask....where's the proof? Its not some huge secret that his home is in dist. 4 and that he rented in dist 2 in order to prepare a run at representing the community of Cameron Park which is now for the first time part of dist 2. The article is pretty clear from there that he changed his mind. Ok, so help all of us understand what the big conspiracy is. If you listen to Barbara its the people moving from Sacramento to take over the BOS? Come on! And to Lannie...read the article! McNeil never said he would have to move to the district to run. He said "moving to run was not the right thing to do." Now I'm not an English major, but it would appear that "moving to run was..." would imply having already moved. Maybe its time to crawl back under the rock you all must be living under. As to the battle that's going to rage??? What battle? Who's battle? Why a battle? The few misguided window lickers will eventually be distracted by a passing squirrel and be on to some other misguided life fulfilling mission. I wish them well.

• GeraldFebruary 29, 2012 - 4:58 pm

Here’s your proof Rollin: Today Scott McNeil called Supervisor Ray Nutting to tell him that he was stepping out of the race and was offering his support to Ray Nutting's re-election. Scott said that it just as not the right time for him and he liked Ray anyways. Scott said that without the full support of his family and a positive agenda for the county, he could not see a reason to run. The District was drawn in a manner that required him to move and his family was happy where they currently lived, which is in District 4. Rollin did you understand that last sentence? Scott admitted that he stills lives in District 4 while running for the Board of Supervisors in District 2.

• TinkerbellFebruary 29, 2012 - 2:07 pm

Rollin Martin; the first post on this blog is from Ms. Rogers who states that the reporter mis-quoted her. These people are calling her terrible names and saying she had a nervous breakdown. Is fair or true? I don't live under a rock Mr. Martin, so keep your rude remarks to yourself, it serves not purpose to be mean. This paper needs to correct the quote and remove the slanderous remarks being made. Mean, just plain mean people.

• Rollin MartinFebruary 29, 2012 - 2:23 pm

Tinkerbell: your right as to the nature of this blog...it has gotten out of hand. I would just add though that if these individuals feel the heat is too hot in the kitchen that they a) Grow thicker skin, b) Don't start things without the associated facts, c) Understand that the press doesn't always get it right...hows that one feel? Life is hard, but its harder if your stupid! The handful of individuals who like to constantly stir things up in Cameron Park make sport of casting dispersions on good people...oh, but don't dare call any of them on it. That wouldn't be fair would it? If these cyber tough guys (and gal) can dish it...they ought to be able to take it. I for one only speak the truth (ie Babs), but agree this is approaching the top even for me...thanks for bringing a little common sense to this topic Tinkerbell...hopefully it will catch on, but I won't hold my breath.

• TinkerbellFebruary 29, 2012 - 3:52 pm

Rollin, now you are calling all those people stupid. You are a mean spirited person. These people are not stupid, but they are people who want the truth and they want their officials to tell the truth, not too much to ask. I have been doing some checking into this issue and it seems that the home at 3097 Cambridge was always for sale and empty. Apparently a neighbor was telling numerous people who walked around the lake in the mornings that Mr. McNeil was parking his vehicle there and he was going to call the CHP to have it towed. He said that McNeil never lived in the home and that it was empty. He also told people that he couldn't just park his car there. Are you going to call this man a liar? By the way he is an elderly gentleman who has lived there for years and he knows the owners of 3097 Cambridge.

• Ken SteersFebruary 29, 2012 - 3:55 pm

Nothing for nothing but I was told that Tinkerbell is this Alarcon's wife...

• Ken SteersFebruary 29, 2012 - 4:07 pm

I had to make a phone call to Jeff Routsong who owns 3097 Cambridge and he told me that he indeed rented the house to Scott. He also said that the house was on the market and it is closing escrow today or tomorrow. FYI Jeff's son is a National qualifier for wrestling this weekend and graduated Ponderosa. I put that in just trying to eliminate the sting of all this name calling stuff. So what is worse a guy rents a house to be in the new district 2 to run for office or people writing crap about things they have now facts on? Tinki, could you give the name of the elderly gentleman you list? I would like to see he he has his facts straight?

• TinkerbellFebruary 29, 2012 - 4:35 pm

This blog is getting so ridiculous. I will take you at your word Mr. Steers and for the record I am not "Alarcon's Wife". You should get your facts straight before you start accusing people of being someone.

• Ken SteersFebruary 29, 2012 - 5:36 pm

Take it or leave it. You are simply I'll informed and dilusional. Gerald you're reading from Alarcon's site. It is wrong, Scott never endorsed Ray. But big deal.

• GeraldFebruary 29, 2012 - 4:39 pm

Dear Local John: I was addressing the noise made by Scott's fans about the Alacron incident. As to the dirty politics voter fraud and election fraud are serious crimes. That is what Scott was attempting nothing less. Scott stated to the PR Pond that he would have to move from the house his family likes in order to run in the 2nd district yet he states in this article that he lived at 3097 Cambridge and had to move to 3006 Cambridge. Which is it, does Scott live in the 4th District on in an apartment at 3006 Cambridge Rd. As to the Deputies being called, staff that was in the office when this incident occurred said nothing happened other than a routine request for a transcript of the last board meeting. So please explain how that is grounds for litigation? And I don't know what nosey neighbor you are talking about. That one throws me for a loop. However it's so nice to see the boys assembled. I guess you were reading this after all. Glad to see I could bring you out in force but it's to bad it has to be under such sad circumstances as this. Oh well.

• GeraldFebruary 29, 2012 - 4:56 pm

• TinkerbellFebruary 29, 2012 - 5:40 pm

Good job Gerald...the poop is getting deeper by the minute...You are right, McNeil says it would require him to move. I doubt he and his family ever moved out of their huge home at 4015 Ito. I googled it, quite a massive home, very lovely. He may have rented a place, but he didn't ever live at 3097 Cambridge Rd., it has been for sale and empty.

• Ken SteersFebruary 29, 2012 - 6:09 pm

Tinki you Gerald haven't got a single point right. In fact I don't even understand what you are trying to get across. He did lease the house from Jeff so yes your "old man" is either lying or you're making it up. I'm sure he live there because while hanging with Jeff he told me he was upset because Scott had dogs. Finally D2 is a new district. And the law is you must have occupancy for 1 month before running. Leases were signed. I have a big house. Is that a bad thing or are you just jealose. I don't know why Scott decided not to run but if he had weirdos looking in his windows and at his meters I'm beginning to understand.

• Chuck HollandFebruary 29, 2012 - 9:22 pm

Nice kitty in the picture

• GeraldMarch 01, 2012 - 7:56 am

Kenny If Scott leased and lived at 3097 Cambridge why did he state, the District was drawn in a manner that required him to move and his family was happy where they currently lived, which is in District 4? That is my point and my only point. Scott has admitted he didn't live in District 2 no matter what you or your buddies say. If you're going to take someones cause up and accuse others of not having the facts you need to be better informed as to what you BOY is saying. Scott made himself out to be a fraud with his own statements. Sorry Kenny Scott contradicted you even before you started posting this crap. You might want to coordinate with him better before you go off the rails defending him.

• DeaconMarch 01, 2012 - 8:16 am

"A prophet is not without honor in his own hometown."

• TontoMarch 01, 2012 - 8:20 am

And when the buyers went through the house the only thing inside was an air mattress, then check the foreclosures and you will see his home was foreclosed upon and the lies about living in the district were that all along.

• Ken SteersMarch 01, 2012 - 8:49 am

Gery, What if worms had machine guns? Then birds wouldn't mess with them. Your whole analogy is wrong. Scott leased Jeff's house. You said he didn't, what's your proof? You are trying to justify the felon Prince's past history with that of someone running against Ray and moving into D2. I have many sons none are boys anymore. But I would be glad to meet you or Dan or Chris or Ray who ever face to face and let's discuss our differences directly.

• TinkerbellFebruary 29, 2012 - 6:58 pm

I don't know about Gerald but I am done with this blog. I am sick of the bullies like Ken Steers and others. Enough is enough. These people think they are right and everyone else is wrong and they want to rule the world. They call people stupid, crazy and even stoop to saying that one had a nervous breakdown, how cruel is that? Mr. Steers take you big house and shove it. What an creep you are.

• Ken SteersFebruary 29, 2012 - 9:21 pm

Tink you have done nothing but lied. And for what reason? Go crawl back under your rock where you belong you shallow vile creature. You and others liked this concerned creation are not the arbiters or right and wrong and have no value to this community. Simply you are small vile hateful soles. Cowards and miscreants. Jackyls...

• Concerned CitizenFebruary 29, 2012 - 7:34 pm

…regardless of all the name calling and senseless baiting, Scott McNeil’s character appears in shambles...Community perception of dishonesty, lack of ethics, serious attempts at manipulation and elections and voter fraud can only further damage Mr. McNeil’s already near absent credibility as a Cameron Park CSD Board Member. Mr. McNeil presents himself as an honest businessman to his constituents who trust in him to make sound, honest, ethical business decisions for them related to the Cameron Park CSD. He also has presented himself as an honest man of integrity to those he sought support from as a candidate for Supervisor of District 2. Yet, his current residency, a rudimentary requirement of holding office as a County Supervisor, appears in question and perhaps a matter of manipulation. Who among us cannot simply and honestly say where we live when asked? Today’s article reports his constituents and County Elections’ officials, should they wish to contact Mr. McNeil, have a choice of three different addresses, a permanent residence in District 4 and two in District 2. In addition, there appear to be numerous questions concerning Mr. McNeil’s leadership and decisions made as President on the Cameron Park CSD Board as well as his portrayal of his Board accomplishments during his short campaign for support for Supervisor of District 2. Scott, please do not stress the Community Spirit further! The CSD is already in financial distress. Please DO NOT add to it! A recall election will be quite expensive to the District. An additional expense the District can ill afford given other large, unanticipated obligations just now coming to light. Please resign from the CSD Board immediately! Do not drag the District through the financial hardship and community angst a recall election will surely bring.

• Oh BrotherFebruary 29, 2012 - 10:17 pm

There you go Steers with that p...ing contest again. You have lowered yourself to name calling again. Classless.

• TontoFebruary 29, 2012 - 10:55 pm

Defend him if you will, the fact is that he lied and should not be trusted and he should leave the CSD and those who defend his actions are no better, spin it anyway and it still stinks. Dump the chump and move on, true colors don't fade.

• Just the factsMarch 01, 2012 - 6:16 am

As these comments continue to flow, please remember the tag line "Cameron Park: A Special Place to Live".

• TontoMarch 01, 2012 - 6:39 am

El Dorado County where Gold was discovered....

• DeaconMarch 01, 2012 - 8:53 am

Now that I have your attention- “A prophet is not without honor EXCEPT in his own town and in his own home.”

• TimelessMarch 01, 2012 - 10:16 am

Sounds like Tonto is speaking from experience! Where are the facts you talk about kemosabe? Or maybe your keeping your ear too close to the ground? All five of those horses really make a racket, huh?

• TontoMarch 01, 2012 - 5:40 pm

Yes all five; Ray, Scott, Chris, Rick and Joe are all in bed together and the web that they have woven includes Dan and yes they all lie together, it's not hard to keep your ear to the ground and see that they will all fall. The racket is about to come to a halt and take down the dirty politics they build, as everyone will see how corrupt they have been and then the cancer can be cut out and we all can begin to heal.

• DeaconMarch 01, 2012 - 12:02 pm

The messages written and the facts said must be accurate for the facts to be straight and truthful in the end. Thus must happen in order to work anything out and for peace to come into any bad situation such as this. Also, more self-control, and more self-restraint would be more adult like for all people, and prophets and leaders involved in this. In the future too for any, and all other conflicts in this town, city, and our county for... "The spirits of the prophet are subject to the prophet."