Mountain Fellowship would like to announce the return of the Cardboard Boat Race.
We will be switching to a new online subscription service on Tuesday, August 5th. If you are already a subscriber with login access to MtDemocrat.com you will need to re-register under the new service. This will not affect your bill. Please take the time today to click "Subscriber Verification" to verify your subscription with us and continue your access to MtDemocrat.com before the new service takes over.
We apologize for the temporary inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience and continued support while we make this transition.
- Mountain Democrat
This year we are happy to be joining the MVFA at the community picnic. The date is Saturday, June 22 at Dyer Lake. The picnic starts at 11 a.m. and the boat race will begin at 1:30 p.m. We will not be having the potluck lunch but will be supporting the MVFA fundraiser. Please come join us in supporting our wonderful community and enjoy a fun-filled day.
We will be holding three races this year. One will be for Elementary School kids, one will be for the Middle School kids and the other will be open to whoever wants to participate.
The rules for all races will be the same and are as follows:
1. Boats and oars are to be constructed of cardboard and duct tape only.
2. Two people per boat riding inside.
3. Boats built for the Middle School race must be built by the kids. Any boat that is obviously built by adults will be disqualified.
4. Boats may be decorated with paint.
5. No rude or obscene markings on boats. This is a family event.
6. Boats and teams must be complete and on the starting line at 1:30 p.m. in order to race.
7. Both team members and boats must cross the finish line in order to win a prize.
8. Life jackets are required. You will not be allowed to race without one.
If you would like to donate duct tape or need duct tape, or if you have any questions, call Debbie at 530-642-0695.