Friday, April 18, 2014

DA protester charged with trying to solicit murder

From page A1 | February 05, 2014 | 111 Comments

A man who protested the El Dorado County District Attorney’s Office was charged with trying to solicit murder of a judge on Jan. 27.

A complaint in Carson City, Nev., charges Todd “Ty” Robben with trying to solicit the murder of Judge John Tatro. The charge is a Class B Felony, said Carson City Assistant District Attorney Mark Krueger, which carries a possible term of two to 15 years.

The complaint alleges that Robben, while already in custody, attempted to solicit another inmate — who was a “cooperative source”— to murder Tatro. Robben, a warrant obtained by the Mountain Democrat shows, was in custody on charges of stalking by electronic means, libel and two counts of intimidating a public officer.

Robben protested outside the El Dorado County DA’s Office and the South Lake Tahoe Courthouse last May after bounty hunters illegally crossed state lines to capture him, he said. Out-of-state bounty hunters require an affidavit and warrant, he previously told the Mountain Democrat. DA Vern Pierson, however, said the matter was handled properly. Robben’s protest focused on what he said was corruption in Pierson’s office for not charging the bounty hunters.

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 04, 2014 - 9:38 pm

" . . . another inmate — who was a “cooperative source” . . . " Hmmm . . . thinking . . . . hmmm . . . ". . . another inmate — who was a “cooperative source” . . . An inmate alleges . . . hmmm . . . And Robben is apprehended and locked up, and we read, " Robben, a warrant obtained by the Mountain Democrat shows, was in custody on charges of stalking by electronic means, libel and two counts of intimidating a public officer.(hmm . . .uh . . .Vern) . . . Given the lack of detail but having read about Robben's protest in front of the courthouse it is not a great stretch to surmise that Ty Robben really pissed off Vern Pearson?

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 04, 2014 - 9:43 pm

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 04, 2014 - 9:49 pm

LINK - El Dorado County, CA – Ty Robben reporting.

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 04, 2014 - 10:00 pm

From page A1 | May 24, 2013 ~~~ LINK - Man protests alleged corruption outside courthouse, DA’s Office ~~~ Substantial contextual commentary by Ty Robben is on this thread.

• Vigor MortisFebruary 05, 2014 - 12:54 am

• Bill WinfieldFebruary 05, 2014 - 5:40 am

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say don't F#*K with Nevada politicians?

• just sayingFebruary 05, 2014 - 5:56 am

Atkinson, Machado, Nutting, Dellinger, Alarcon, Robben and the list grows. All active Republicans. Does Vern hate Republicans?

• Warren DavidFebruary 05, 2014 - 7:21 am

I believe if you do the crime you'll do the time. In regards to hating republicans, look at that list. How about stupid republicans.

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 05, 2014 - 7:45 am

LINK - "For crying out loud, Warren. . . . Can't you just beat your chest like everyone else?" . . . (regarding armpit farts)

• A rose is a roseFebruary 05, 2014 - 9:20 am

Ever wonder why Pierson always comes out stinking like a rose? Answer: Ty had the balls and hit too close to home so the MD catered to the DA's political vendetta. How many others have been bullied into submission by the DA?

• Darlene JoyceFebruary 05, 2014 - 9:29 am

Veerkamp? Is that the same Veerkamp who gave the Supervisor thousands of dollars to post his bail? Does he have an axe to grind.

• 622-6500 knows it allFebruary 05, 2014 - 10:08 am

• WhatFebruary 05, 2014 - 9:34 am

Do roses stink? Ty Robben is in a Carson City jail. That's Nevada and not the DA for this county's jurisdiction. Robben is a nut job. Good luck passing him off as anything but a nut job.

• Fran DuchampFebruary 05, 2014 - 9:45 am

Darlene Joyce No--the Veerkamp that lent money was a different one...and a longtime personal friend of Nutting. Hopefully your friends help you when you ask for it--I know mine do. :)

• Darlene JoyceFebruary 05, 2014 - 10:19 am

Oh, are they related because Phil seems to hate the DA?

• Fran DuchampFebruary 05, 2014 - 10:25 am

Im not sure if every Veerkamp in California is related, but I can say they are not all Phil from this wall.

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 05, 2014 - 10:31 am

Darlene, honey, I don't hate the DA. What in the world put that hateful notion in your head? The deal is, Darlene, If YOU found yourself incarcerated (I'm sure that would never happen to you, but pretend.) and YOU had "curious charges" lodged against you by a jailbird wouldn't you be just the entsy weensy bit suspicious of the charges lodged against you by the JAILBIRD?

• Darlene JoyceFebruary 05, 2014 - 11:35 am

Phil, isn't Robben in a jail in Nevada? Did you say this at 9:38 pm? Given the lack of detail but having read about Robben's protest in front of the courthouse it is not a great stretch to surmise that Ty Robben really pissed off Vern Pearson? And is this your statement at 9:43 pm, I just have to wonder about how many "Ty Robbens" it takes to get the message across, "Don't f#*k with Vern." I would have to answer your question of what put the thought in my head of you hating Vern Pierson? Then it would be your own words. Are you the Veerkamp, or related to the Veerkamp who bailed the supervisor out of jail? I'm trying to connect the dots and wondering why someone would want to defend someone who made death threats toward a judge in Nevada.

• Darlene JoyceFebruary 05, 2014 - 11:39 am

BTW Phil Veerkamp I don't know anything about you. I would like to stand up for myself and point out that you calling me "honey" is misogynistic. Do you hate women Phil?

• justice insiderFebruary 05, 2014 - 11:46 am

Pierson is an honorable man ….. no matter that Ty Robbens surrounded the court house with a CRIME SCENE banner …… no matter that Robbens accused Pierson of a COVERUP. Pierson is an honorable man …… he will allow Robbens’ attorneys to interview the anonymous COOPERATIVE SOURCE. Pierson is an honorable man.

• citizenFebruary 05, 2014 - 11:50 am

Is Ty Robben an honorable man?

• justice insiderFebruary 05, 2014 - 11:54 am

Darlene ..... ask Vern.

• Darlene JoyceFebruary 05, 2014 - 12:09 pm

Justice Insider- Ask Vern what? You appear to either be a friend of Ty Robben or angry at Vern Pierson. Has he done something to you?

• watcherFebruary 05, 2014 - 2:09 pm

Here's a more detailed story regarding Ty Robben http://www.nevadaappeal.com/news/9375157-113/case-charged-district-robben

• A rose is a roseFebruary 05, 2014 - 3:26 pm

Ty may be unconventional, but not a nut job. He's definitely got balls, more than can be said for Pierson. It's about time somebody shed some light on the justice system. Something doesn't smell right about the DAs story.

• watcherFebruary 05, 2014 - 3:40 pm

Rose, you do realize that Robben is in a Nevada jail for pissing off the Ormsby County DA. As well as harassing a sitting Nevada judge and the judges family right? That illustrates irrashional behavior. He wishes that Vern had dealt with him. At least he'd be in one of our jail cells and not in a Nevada hole. Robben is a creepy strange nut job. He might be your friend but so what. You claim Robben's unconventional and has balls...I'll bet Robben has no need for his balls where he's at now.

• observerFebruary 05, 2014 - 4:08 pm

DA's BFFs WATCHER and WHAT use creepy nut job argument; case closed

• A rose is a roseFebruary 05, 2014 - 7:29 pm

Observer, excellent observation about WHAT and WATCHER. You hit the nail on the head. BFFs or one and the same? EDC has it's own Chicago style mafia working from the inside out of the DOJ. Ty is lucky they haven't fitted him with cement shoes yet.

• cobblerFebruary 05, 2014 - 7:48 pm

cement shoes sure as nuts would put an end to that shocking electronic stocking

• LakesiderFebruary 05, 2014 - 6:44 pm

Darlene, Doug is Phil's Cousin. I don't see why he won't just tell you...

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 05, 2014 - 8:37 pm

Darlin' Darlene, Doug's Grandpa, Maurice, was one of my Dad's three brothers. My dad, Sammy(to his friends), and Maurice were business partners. Maurice operated the Pino Vista Dairy(next to the Chamber of Commerce). Dad produced the milk out at Gold Hill. I worked with Dad until 1988 when it was no-longer economically feasible to continue. I think that makes Doug a second cousin. Darline, you called me a hater. I called you Darlin'. Let's make a deal. You don't call me a hater. I won't call you darlin' Darlene.

• Darlene JoyceFebruary 05, 2014 - 8:20 pm

Very well then that explains a lot about this scenario. Are the Veerkamps and the Robben's close friends? Mr Robben appears to live in Nevada and has had quite a bit of a problem there with many different government people. How is he connected here in Placerville? From what I've read from news stories not generated by Mr Robben it doesn't appears that he is shall I say, unique. The Veerkamp's must know something I don't.

• Darlene JoyceFebruary 05, 2014 - 8:21 pm

does appear he's unique. Sorry

• justice insiderFebruary 05, 2014 - 8:40 pm

Darlene is the mother of what, which and watcher and where.

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 05, 2014 - 8:48 pm

You don't have to call me darlin', Darlin' ~~~ (brain skip) LINK - David Allan Coe - You Never Even Called Me By My Name

• Darlene JoyceFebruary 06, 2014 - 8:31 am

Mr Veerkamp, where do I begin. You didn't call me Darlin' until your last two post. Not the first time someone has twisted my name. But still very insulting.You addressed me as "Darlene, honey,". It is self evident, that on the surface you don't actually add anything to this situation. I can see now that you are trying to play the roll of a protagonist in this story. How ever I can't help myself but ad an "unless" to this scenario. Mr Veerkamp are you a friend of Mr Robben?

• Vigor MortisFebruary 06, 2014 - 8:51 am

Ms Joyce where do I begin. It is self evident, that on the surface you don't actually add anything to this situation. I can see now that you are trying to play the roll of helpless victim in this story. How ever I can't help myself but ad an "unless" to this scenario. Ms Joyce whose friend are you?

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 06, 2014 - 8:56 am

No. My first awareness of Mr. Robbin was From page A1 | May 24, 2013 (link posted by me at February 04, 2014 - 10:00 pm)

• Mickie SantayanaFebruary 06, 2014 - 9:09 am

Mr Robbins was protesting about bounty hunters. I didn't even know there were such things in this neck of the woods.

• Fran DuchampFebruary 06, 2014 - 9:20 am

Right or wrong--Mr. Robben posted his words with passion on many sites. In this room--on this wall...friends and enemies interact in a "new" reality. Even if I dont agree with someone--I listen for the passion behind the written word...his were never "flatlined" <--he believes what he wrote. I raise an eyebrow from this.."was in custody on charges of stalking by electronic means, libel and two counts of intimidating a public officer." Now he is bumped up to intent to "murder" someone? But I will wait for the courts to decide. Bounty hunters do exist--I have met three up here. I thought the same thing...that they only existed in books anymore. I was wrong. The wild wild west. :)

• R.J. CarterFebruary 06, 2014 - 9:45 am

A couple months ago Mr Robbens was doing his thing with the bull-horn and the crime scene tape outside the D.A's office on Main St.....I was at the pizza place across the street so I walked over to talk to Robbens to see "whats-sup".....I'd never met the guy, but for what it's worth, my impression of him was that he wasn't crazy, it just seemed the D.A. had him really pissed off about something and he was venting.......About the time Robbens began explaining his beef with the D.A. it to me, Vern Pierson walks up to us and started telling him to chill-out and just let their lawyers handle everything..........Not being a big Vern Pierson fan myself, and with my pizza was getting cold, I went back across the street to mind my own biz.......Anyway I'm sorry Robbens is in jail, but the man was just soooo angry.....Maybe he had cause to be, who knows???.....

• EvelynFebruary 06, 2014 - 11:42 am

RJ: I, too, plucked up my courage to speak with the picketing Mr. Robben. He wasn't the least bit terrifying and didn't seem crazy.

• J LiviFebruary 06, 2014 - 10:28 am

Ty Robbens says that crime victims have rights and innocent persons should not be prosecuted by DA who hides exculpatory evidence from the defense. He says the DA spends thousands of taxpayer $$$s to quash Victims Rights laws and thinks victims are not “beneficially interest” persons when they have been victimized by crimes such as murder, rape, robbery, pedophilia, assault & battery.

• James E.February 06, 2014 - 10:37 am

The charge of solicitation of murder came from a 'cooperative' cell mate??? Perhaps for the benefit of a good deal for the 'cooperative' call mate? Thin soup.

• Bill WinfieldFebruary 06, 2014 - 11:17 am

He pissed off the wrong Judge in Carson City. Maybe an overzealous DA but I don't think so. No matter what the situation is regarding a legal matter. You need to be smart enough to never mention the sitting Judge's wife and children on your site. For his sake he better have a good Attorney.

• EvelynFebruary 06, 2014 - 11:39 am

Bill Winfield: Please provide a link to the website where Robben mentions a judge's wife and children.

• EvelynFebruary 06, 2014 - 12:06 pm

Bill: Is THIS Robben's website? If so, I'm not finding the wife/children reference. INTERESTING: " He [Robben] spent a total of 22 days in jail – eight in solitary confinement – and nearly another month under house arrest with an ankle monitor. The judge who signed the arrest warrant was Judge John Tatro, the same judge who Ty had attempted to disqualify from his civil case due to judicial bias. The assault charge was eventually dropped. In December 2012, Judge Tatro woke up to the sound of gunfire at his home around 4:30 am. Two shots entered the front door, passed through the living room, and exited through a sliding glass door. Ty Robben was questioned and immediately cleared. "

• EvelynFebruary 06, 2014 - 12:17 pm

The above references THIS 2006 LA Times article: "In Las Vegas, They're Playing With a Stacked Judicial Deck". It begins: "Some judges routinely rule in cases involving friends, former clients and business associates -- and in favor of lawyers who fill their campaign coffers."

• Fran DuchampFebruary 06, 2014 - 12:16 pm

Again...these are very different crimes "was in custody on charges of stalking by electronic means, libel and two counts of intimidating a public officer." Now he is bumped up to intent to "murder" someone? Electronic stalking--people can claim that if you respond twice on their post...doesnt make it so..esp--if one knows where the person is in real time. Really big leap from posting comments to intent to murder someone... this will be interesting to follow. The DA needs kudos...this story will not get those for him. Robben was out there posting--out there in the public protesting..even if people do not respond--he got his message out there...people will watch now. Closely.

• Fran DuchampFebruary 06, 2014 - 12:22 pm

I sure hope nothing happens to Mr. Robben during his stay in jail...that would look really bad...for the judges--the DA...everyone involved...wow.

• Fran DuchampFebruary 06, 2014 - 12:30 pm

Evelyn (hello) I found this, "But Robben remains in jail in lieu of $50,000 bail on charges he libeled and attempted to intimidate Justice of the Peace John Tatro, including what Tatro said he sees as threats to his wife and children." <---- he sees as threats to his wife and children. robben never said it. http://www.nevadaappeal.com/news/local/9375157-113/case-charged-conduct-disorderly

• EvelynFebruary 06, 2014 - 12:43 pm

Thanks, Fran.

• Fran DuchampFebruary 06, 2014 - 12:39 pm

Man accused of libeling judge denied lower bail "Robben was incensed by what he considered unfair treatment by Tatro and began a campaign to get the judge removed from office. That campaign escalated to a website that Tatro has said he finds threatening, especially to his wife and children." <----nothing on the site...judge is saying he feels it is threatening to his family. Robben still has not said anything. http://www.nevadaappeal.com/news/9082702-113/robben-office-tatro-charged.

• A rose is a roseFebruary 06, 2014 - 12:48 pm

Glad to see Ty is finally receiving some of the credibility he deserves, albeit the hard way. Just goes to show you can't always take these biased MD articles seriously. Dig deeper for the facts often via posted comments and links to other sources.

• Fran DuchampFebruary 06, 2014 - 1:04 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsMMnwZpAC0 vid of Robben talking. Ty Robben speaks at the Feb 11, 2013 South Lake Tahoe City...he had no record before these new charges happened. No record...to electronic stalking...in intent to murder. No judgement just links im finding. He does seem very calm though. Just saying. One year later..up on "intent to murder ?"

• EvelynFebruary 06, 2014 - 1:17 pm

. . . definitely worth watching, Fran. The video quality is a bit "bouncy" but the audio is perfect. HERE (3 min. video) In it Robben identifies his home website. I'll post that link, next comment.

• EvelynFebruary 06, 2014 - 1:19 pm

Robben's website: HERE

• 1036-FrankFebruary 06, 2014 - 1:49 pm

There are plenty of videos of this guy, Todd Ty Robbens, in action all over the place including S. Lake Tahoe where he was demanding the resignation of the Police Chief for something and it looks like he is someone who had problems with law enforcement and judges and DA's in two states and several counties. His road to felony charges has as much to do with threats being made and recorded while in jail over the phone it looks like as it does with a jail informant. He was also reported to have no less then five restraining orders against him from co-workers alone according to a News4 Reno report where he was maintaining that the state court was not filing papers and then backdating them regarding his termination from employment case and he was at that time given an order not to have any contact with court staff by a Judge Wilson. People should always look into the background of someone making claims of large conspiracies and the other guy did it and be suspect of it. This case isn't looking good for him and his previous acts speak for themselves.

• EvelynFebruary 06, 2014 - 2:16 pm

Frank: It's more difficult to discount people making SPECIFIC statements that can be checked as opposed to loose allegations. In the posted video Robben's SPECIFIC statements during City Council Open Forum are responded to accordingly.

• Fran DuchampFebruary 06, 2014 - 2:07 pm

OR-- it looks like someone over one years time...is trying to make a point. shrugging shoulders. They are all connected items--not separate. Just saying. I dont know who is guilty or not...story just seems odd.

• EvelynFebruary 06, 2014 - 2:24 pm

THIS is the case Frank references. "Carson City man claims court clerk backdating documents" -- Todd Robben says a court filing by the Attorney General's office in his wrongful termination case against the state's Department of Taxation was dated in time to meet a procedural deadline, December 20th, but it wasn't actually turned over to the court until at least the next day after that deadline. “The document wasn't in the file,” he said. “It's a big public concern because the public has a right to a fair court system.” . . . . . . . . . .

• 1036-FrankFebruary 06, 2014 - 2:44 pm

The first question people might have is to ask themselves how many co-workers they know who while employed have ever had restraining orders from co- workers filed against them regarding their employment? I've never seen it locally although as anything it could happen. In his case News4 Reno said there were five. This was in the story about his claiming the court docs weren't filed properly when the court staff said they were and this looks like it went to the Attorney General if not the Supreme Court as there are so many court filings it is hard to tell and this isn't the same judge as now. These kind of orders prohibiting conduct of an employee would in a restraining order would about make it mandatory to terminate them on the orders alone because of the inability of others to perform their jobs along with creating a hostile work place problem. This is but one of many things that tell the back-story, which I believe is the real story. The two recent Nevada Appeal articles are also relevant about the threats made over the recorded jail phone which are being used for felony charges along with an informant. These troubles and allegations are involving way too many people in different areas and states for them to be all or any of them legitimate in my book.

• justice for allFebruary 06, 2014 - 2:52 pm

This on going questionable behavior of our DA's office is why we will want to question any of his employees past or present that run or are running for any political offices.

• 1036-FrankFebruary 06, 2014 - 3:09 pm

In this case of Robbens, He was like a one man war against law enforcement, the justice system, and the courts and local govt. This is not a winning game, and worse if tried in two states and several counties. the local DA was smart and ignored him from what I can tell and these kind of people like Robbens want attention and he didn't get much, and the public support wasn't there, though he would certainly be a tool to use for the "others are more corrupt" then me gang of operatives. The same ones claiming that Joe, Ron, Vern, and whoever are the ones that "Did it."

• EvelynFebruary 06, 2014 - 3:21 pm

Frank: I don't see anyone making the "others are more corrupt" then me argument. One person, however, DID make a statement about Robben that appears to have been incorrect, namely that he might have threatened a judge's wife and children on his website. Surely everyone here wants the same thing: TRUTH & JUSTICE.

• Fran DuchampFebruary 06, 2014 - 3:26 pm

"This is not a winning game, and worse if tried in two states and several counties." are you saying that if something is corrupt--the regular person doesnt have a chance? and states? california and Nevada--up here...are pretty much one and the same...because of the state line in tahoe. but aside from that who s Ron? You are using first names on people Ron Briggs? How come you brought him into this debate? I like Mr. Briggs....some reason I shouldnt?

• Dave M.February 06, 2014 - 7:49 pm

There are many reasons you shouldn't like Briggs or what he does. Watch some of the past BOS videos, read the comments in these blogs and do your research. The only reason he was elected to office was because of his father.

• Oh BrotherFebruary 06, 2014 - 4:02 pm

test

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 06, 2014 - 4:17 pm

A++ OB - good job!

• Oh BrotherFebruary 06, 2014 - 5:16 pm

Thanks for the good grade Phil :) the test is conserving water, electricity, propane and my brain!!

• TY Robben AKA “Top Ramen” Free At Last – All charges dropped | Nevada State Personnel WatchApril 11, 2014 - 7:42 am

[…] DA protester charged with trying to solicit murder […]

• EvelynApril 11, 2014 - 7:55 am

DOUGLAS DA DROPS CHARGES IN CARSON CASE - HERE: Robben has been in jail since last summer after he was arrested for allegedly trying to intimidate Carson Justice of the Peace John Tatro. Jackson dropped that charge in March. In January, he was charged with attempting to solicit someone to kill Tatro. “Based upon a full and complete review of all the evidence and the existing constitutional, statutory and case law, I filed a notice of dismissal.

• silly rabbitApril 11, 2014 - 8:18 am

It will indeed be interesting Evelyn to see if the MD reports this news story. Haven't seen a blow by blow of Nutting's trial either. All is quiet with issues surrounding the District Attorney and his office.

• Cole MayerApril 11, 2014 - 8:25 am

Rabbit - No promises. I've reached out to the two DAs that have been involved, though. I found out about this earlier this morning (about 15 minutes before Evelyn posted, in fact). As for the Nutting trial - unless you want a blow-by-blow of the jury selection process, there's not much to say quite yet.

• silly rabbitApril 11, 2014 - 8:37 am

And Chris Daley says the MD staff doesn't read the on line comments in his response regarding comment deletions. Quick to defend a story that involves our DA and his staff. And answered the comment very quickly..dang.

• Phil VeerkampApril 13, 2014 - 8:58 am

Cole, will this have a bearing on Nutting's process? ~~~ LINK - Calif. State Court of Appeals to Investigate DA Vern Pierson’s Work ~~~ "NUTTING APPEAL RECEIVES RARE APPROVAL FROM THE THIRD APPELLATE DISTRICT COURT. The Court generally rejects 95% of the appeals it receives. The Court will now review the issues of the District Attorney’s misinstruction of the Grand Jury, The Deputy Attorney General’s misinterpretation of Penal Code Section 115, and the Deputy Attorney General’s failure to properly inform the Presiding Judge as to the correct source and nature of the grant funds. . . . "

• EvelynApril 11, 2014 - 8:26 am

Cole Mayer: You hold extraordinary power to destroy a person's reputation via the printed word. How about risking one small step toward the rehabilitation of Ty Robben's reputation? That's THE LEAST you owe him.

• EvelynApril 11, 2014 - 8:28 am

Cole: Your above duly noted. Thank you.

• EvelynApril 11, 2014 - 8:30 am

. . . actually, @7:42 am (above) Robben's release was noted. I simply went online to confirm.

• EvelynApril 11, 2014 - 9:46 am

IT'S ELECTION SEASON: The smears, innuendos & evasions practiced by sundry commenters on this thread are S.O.P. Watch for them; they recur regularly elsewhere. Treat them with the contempt they deserve.

• EvelynApril 11, 2014 - 3:31 pm

So . . . Ty Robben is innocent. Having been wrongfully incarcerated for a prolonged period, much of it in solitary confinement, will he ask for redress of grievances?

• agent provocateurApril 11, 2014 - 4:43 pm

The Douglas County District Attorney dropped charges Thursday against a man whom Carson City prosecutors had said tried to hire a jail inmate to kill Justice of the Peace John Tatro. Ty Robben, a former Nevada Taxation Department employee, was being held on the charge with a $50,000 bail. Mark Jackson, the district attorney brought on as special prosecutor after Carson City’s DA was removed from the case, said he reviewed the evidence before him and made the decision. In a statement Jackson said: “Based on a full and complete review of all the evidence and the existing constitutional, statutory and case law, I filed a notice of dismissal today in the Carson Township Justice Court.” Last month Jackson dropped charges of stalking, libel and two counts of intimidation of Tatro and his family, saying there wasn’t enough evidence that Robben was stalking him and his family, and that Nevada’s libel law was vague.

• agent provocateurApril 11, 2014 - 4:45 pm

• EvelynApril 11, 2014 - 8:02 pm

From Cole Mayer's 2/5/14 article (above): "DA Vern Pierson, however, said the matter was handled properly. "

• Phil VeerkampApril 11, 2014 - 8:24 pm

" . . . Robben’s protest focused on what he said was corruption in Pierson’s office for not charging the bounty hunters. ~~~ Naah . . . none 'round these parts, Pilgrim.

• Phil VeerkampApril 12, 2014 - 6:13 am

. . . on the other hand . . . looking on the bright side . . . LINK - A charge of attempted murder against a nine-month-old baby was dropped Saturday during a court hearing . . . ~~~ GOOD MORNING EDC! ^!!^

• EvelynApril 12, 2014 - 7:40 am

PROSECUTOR DROPS CHARGES AGAINST MAN ACCUSED OF MURDER-FOR-HIRE PLOT - HERE: "Based on a full and complete review of all the evidence and the existing constitutional, statutory and case law, I filed a notice of dismissal today in the Carson Township Justice Court."

• EvelynApril 12, 2014 - 7:47 am

HERE: "[Douglas County DA Mark Jackson] said that means Robben’s $50,000 bail has been lifted, and all pending charges against him have been dismissed. ... The stalking charge, he said, simply didn’t have enough evidence to support it."

• EvelynApril 12, 2014 - 7:55 am

Cole Mayer: Any word yet from the two involved DAs?

• silly rabbitApril 12, 2014 - 9:15 am

I am not completely knowledgeable about this guy and the situation, but, I commend him for sticking by his guns and not taking plead outs etc to something he didn't do. My chief complaint with our judicial system in this county is the DA's office pushing plead out down a person's throat and the public and private attorneys going along with it. Once again, always go to trial with a jury of your peers and don't take deals and pleas. And hold those darn attorneys accountable to do the job they swore to do. And yes Cole Mayer, what statement does Vern Pierson have now?

• EvelynApril 12, 2014 - 5:48 pm

Cole Mayer: No word yet from the DA about Ty Robben's release?

• EvelynApril 12, 2014 - 5:51 pm

P.S. I should think he would be greatly relieved to learn that the charge of solicitation of murder had been found baseless. Nasty business, that.

• James E.April 12, 2014 - 6:01 pm

Evelyn, I haven't been following that case. Who made all these false charges that had to be dismissed in the light of day?

• EvelynApril 12, 2014 - 6:21 pm

James: To completely unravel this story, going back to the very very VERY beginning, would tax me beyond capacity. At the simplest level, let's just say that Ty Robben did not turn the DA into his bosom buddy by publicly accusing him of corruption. If you don't feel like doing any reading, just scroll down to the photos HERE.

• James E.April 12, 2014 - 6:16 pm

Evelyn, I just read all the comments so I'm up to date on Ty.

• EvelynApril 12, 2014 - 6:22 pm

. . . oops. Now you tell me!!!

• EvelynApril 12, 2014 - 6:23 pm

James: Please DO look at the photos, above link.

• James E.April 12, 2014 - 6:38 pm

Evelyn, I did look at the photos. Ty has a set of gonads. Perhaps misdirected gonads, but gonads nevertheless.

• Phil VeerkampApril 13, 2014 - 1:50 pm

• Phil VeerkampApril 13, 2014 - 2:04 pm

LINK - Charges against Tahoe man dropped

• Cole MayerApril 14, 2014 - 7:47 am

Just to update - I've heard back from one of the DAs (Douglas Co.; was also hoping for Carson City, but no word yet). I have also heard from Robben himself, but not his attorney. As our own DA Pierson has very little to do with the charges at hand, I'm not looking for comments from him. Chances are, the article will be out Wednesday.

• Phil VeerkampApril 14, 2014 - 7:49 am

Awww, come on Cole. Tickle Vern just a little, OK?

• Phil VeerkampApril 14, 2014 - 10:52 am

Cole, be a sport. COME ON!!! . . . Please pester Vern . . . just an eensy weensy . . . PLEASE?

• Phil VeerkampApril 14, 2014 - 7:59 pm

Cole? You simply must ask Vern one or two. PLEASE?

• be niceApril 15, 2014 - 11:07 pm

Look: Cole, not really a fool, does not want Vern digging all the way back to his kindergarten records for reason to arrest him for questioning any arbitrary act Vern has a Constitutional right to do. See Connick v. Thompson U.S.. Prosecutors can frame anybody they want and they have absolute immunity. Thompson was to be executed within a month, and was found to have been framed by 5 D.A.'s, one a death bed confession, hid by the 4 left. Supreme Court U.S. affirms that D.A.'s cannot be hamstrung by annoying laws that would normally deter other countries D.A.'s from framing defendants they do not like.

• James E.April 14, 2014 - 8:15 pm

Phil, you would think the DA would at least say "No comment."

• Phil VeerkampApril 14, 2014 - 8:24 pm

What are thr odds, James. I'll go 5 to 4 that Cole makes a token effort. I'll go 7 to 1 that Cole does NOT wrestle Vern to the mat and apply water boarding to extract useful intel.

• Phil VeerkampApril 15, 2014 - 7:08 pm

Perhaps in Friday's paper, Cole? I see that your boss has thrown up some "Kevlar". ~~~ LINK - DA Pierson has been outstanding ~~~ With all that "Kevlar" from your boss surely Vern can absorb a few probing shots from you, Cole.

• Phil VeerkampApril 16, 2014 - 4:34 pm

Cole, how's the write-up progressing? Did your call to Vern get a return?

• Ty RobbenApril 17, 2014 - 1:43 pm

Please see more news and videos of this story here http://nevadastatepersonnelwatch.wordpress.com/2014/04/10/ty-robben-aka-top-ramen-free-at-last-all-charges-dropped/

• Ty RobbenApril 17, 2014 - 1:46 pm

Charges dropped: DA protester out of prison A man known for protesting the El Dorado County District Attorney’s Office and charged with soliciting the murder of a judge in Nevada has been released from prison and his charges dismissed. South Lake Tahoe resident Ty Robben was released last week after Douglas County, Nev., District Attorney Mark Jackson dismissed the solicitation of murder... http://www.mtdemocrat.com/news/charges-dropped-da-protester-out-of-prison/

Woman, dog back from Oso

By Wendy Schultz | From Page: A1, 8 Comments | Gallery

Goodbye LUPPU, hello LRPU

By Chris Daley | From Page: A1, 4 Comments

Past due state taxes bring arrest

By Cole Mayer | From Page: A1, 8 Comments

Sanford trial: Prosecution, defense rest

DA candidate to remain on ballot

Dog talk with Uncle Matty: Benji and the Bickersons

By Matthew Margolis | From Page: A10

CPCSD seat unfilled

Lew Uhler backs Ranalli

By News Release | From Page: A14, 6 Comments

Evacuation

District 4 candidate

Open meetings

Volunteers and homeless camps

Bicycle events and traffic control

Jennings wins national title

By Democrat Staff | From Page: A11, 1 Comment | Gallery

Savannah Stephens can swing the bat

King of the West roars into Placerville

First and goal: Bunt etiquette

By Mike Bush | From Page: A11

Oak Ridge suffers tough 2-1 setback

By Mike Bush | From Page: A11

Roundup: April 17, 2014

Plantastic sale this Saturday

Spring art brightens government center

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B2 | Gallery

Things to do: April 18, 2014

By Democrat Calendar | From Page: B2

Time out: A grand time at Grand China

By Earle Camembert | From Page: B3 | Gallery

Temple Kol Shalom hosts Passover Seder

By News Release | From Page: B3

Student art featured for Third Saturday

By News Release | From Page: B3

Promenade in high style

By Historic Old Sacramento | From Page: B4

Sac State Presents ‘Gypsy’

By California State Unversity, Sacramento | From Page: B4

Friday nights are engaging at the de Young

By Fine Arts | From Page: B5

See what is inside the vault

By Center For Sacramento History | From Page: B6

Eggstravaganza

By Fairytale Town | From Page: B6

Hats On For the Kids raises money for children

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B6

Gallery tips a hat to Dr. Seuss

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B7

Museum presents ‘Diesel Days’

By California State Railroad Museum | From Page: B7

Engagement: Adam Frega and Wednesday Bienusa

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B8

Duty: Air Force Airman Brian Polk

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B8

Cal Stage presents a season of challenging productions

By California Stage | From Page: B8

Duty: Army Pfc. Kyle W. Beasy

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B8

KVIE calls for artists

By Kvie | From Page: B9

A Couple of Blaguards tell tales

By Harris Center for the Arts | From Page: B9

America’s ClayFest II celebrates a rich history

By Blue Line Arts | From Page: B14

Fine Arts Museums feature two shows

By Fine Arts | From Page: B15

See wildflowers on train ride

By Railtown | From Page: B15

Easter at Northstar is family friendly

By Northstar California | From Page: B15