The two men in charge of the Big Cut Mine appeared in court Monday to announce a demurrer had been filed.
Thank you for reading the MtDemocrat.com digital edition. In order to continue reading this story please choose one of the following options.
If you are a current subscriber and wish to obtain access to MtDemocrat.com, please select the Subscriber Verification option below. If you already have a login, please select "Login" at the lower right corner of this box.
Special Introductory Offer
For a short time we will be offering a discount to those who call us in order to obtain access to MtDemocrat.com and start your print subscription. Our customer support team will be standing by Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm to assist you.
If you are not a current subscriber and wish not to take advantage of our special introductory offer, please select the $12 monthly option below to obtain access to MtDemocrat.com and start your online subscription
Joseph Hardesty and Richard Churches sat in the audience as Churches’ attorney, Glenn Peterson, told Judge Daniel B. Proud that a demurrer — a document intended to have the charges dismissed — had been filed that morning in response to a Grand Jury indictment against the two men.
Being that it would likely be the same as the demurrer filed against the original charges from the District Attorney’s Office, deputy DA Mike Pizzuti said it would take about two weeks to read and file a response. Proud noted that, after that, the defense would have until March 22 to file a reply to the opposition.
A hearing was scheduled for March 29 at 1:30 p.m. in Department 2 for further proceedings.