In response to the Sand Fire, the County of El Dorado has set up a hotline and Webpage for information regarding county services available to those affected by the natural disaster.
The phone number is 530-642-7263 (SAND). The hotline will be available from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday
E-mail messages may be sent to [email protected]
The county also has a “Sand Fire” icon displayed on its homepage where relevant information will be updated. Information will also be updated via the county’s Twitter page at @CountyElDorado.
Services provided include, but are not limited to, the following examples:
• Health and Human Services
• Adult Protective Services Animal Services/Shelter Public Health Mental Health Emergency Preparedness
• El Dorado County Sheriff
• Evacuations Road Closures Law Enforcement
• County Services-2-2-2-2
• Department of Agriculture
• Crop Damage Assessment
• Office of the Recorder/Clerk
• Document Recovery
• Community Development Agency
• Environmental Management Building Services Planning Services
The El Dorado County Office of Emergency Services is working closely with state fire officials to monitor the progress of firefighting efforts. Information specific to the fire itself should be directed to Cal Fire.