The El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office wishes for everyone to have a safe and enjoyable Holiday Season, and has the following safety tips to offer:
- Do not drink and drive!
- Do not leave presents visible in your parked car, while shopping.
- Lock your doors and windows when you leave your house.
- Be prepared for winter weather at home and while driving.
- Be cautious with your mail. The holiday season is when most mail thefts occur. Drop off mail at your closest Post Office if you are mailing money, checks, or gift cards. Pick up your mail promptly and report any suspicious activity immediately to the Sheriff’s Office, your Police Department, or your local Post Office.
- If you are leaving for the holidays, suspend your mail and paper delivery, or have a neighbor pick up these items for you and ask them to watch your house while you are gone. If you live in the county, contact the El Dorado County Sheriff’s STARS at 530-621-7545 and schedule vacation house checks any time of the year.
- The Holiday Season can be a time of loneliness and depression for some. If you are depressed, and need to talk with someone, please call Community Crisis Services, 24 hours a day, at 530-622-3345.