PLACERVILLE, CALIFORNIA

News

Extension cord sparks fire

By From page A12 | July 17, 2013

A blaze in Placerville the morning of July 13 was contained in under an hour but did extensive damage to items on the property.

The fire began at 8:45 a.m., said Cal Fire’s Teri Mizuhara, with the cause determined to be an extension cord powering an electric fence near the intersection of Mosquito and Swansboro roads.

The fire destroyed a shed, a boat, a horse trailer and a Jeep, also burning about an acre of vegetation. “The vegetation is so dry, it takes very little (for fires) to get started and get away,” Mizuhara said.

The fire was contained at 9:20 a.m. Cal Fire, Mosquito Fire, Garden Valley Fire and El Dorado County Fire departments responded.

Cole Mayer

  • Recent Posts

  • Enter your email address to subscribe and receive notifications of new posts by email.

  • Special Publications »

    Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service (updated 4/30/2015) and Privacy Policy (updated 4/7/2015).
    Copyright (c) 2016 McNaughton Newspapers, Inc., a family-owned local media company that proudly publishes the Daily Republic, Mountain Democrat, Davis Enterprise, Village Life and other community-driven publications.