Festival death from hypothermia

By From page A3 | February 20, 2013

Autopsy results of a woman found dead after South Lake Tahoe’s SnowGlobe Music Festival on New Year’s Eve show she died of hypothermia.

Alyssa Byrne, 19, of Petaluma, died of “probably hypothermia due to prolonged environmental exposure,” a press release from the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office stated. Byrne was also suffering from methamphetamine toxicity and had ingested multiple psychoactive drugs.

South Lake Tahoe Public Utility District workers found Byrne’s body on Jan. 4 a short distance from Pioneer Trail, about a half mile from the location of the music festival.

Cole Mayer

  • Recent Posts

  • Enter your email address to subscribe and receive notifications of new posts by email.

  • Special Publications »

    Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service (updated 4/30/2015) and Privacy Policy (updated 4/7/2015).
    Copyright (c) 2016 McNaughton Newspapers, Inc., a family-owned local media company that proudly publishes the Daily Republic, Mountain Democrat, Davis Enterprise, Village Life and other community-driven publications.