Anyone 6 months of age or older, regardless of insurance status, can still get low-cost flu vaccine through community flu clinics hosted by the El Dorado County Health and Human Services Agency, Public Health Division.
We will be switching to a new online subscription service on Tuesday, August 5th. If you are already a subscriber with login access to MtDemocrat.com you will need to re-register under the new service. This will not affect your bill. Please take the time today to click "Subscriber Verification" to verify your subscription with us and continue your access to MtDemocrat.com before the new service takes over.
We apologize for the temporary inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience and continued support while we make this transition.
- Mountain Democrat
The cost of the flu vaccine through Public Health is only $10 and no one will be denied service due to inability to pay or because of insurance status. Upcoming community flu clinic dates and locations:
• Oct. 9 from 1:30-4:30 p.m. at the County Fairgrounds, 100 Placerville Drive, in the Organ Room, Placerville.
• Oct. 13 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Divide Wellness Center, 6065 Highway 193, Georgetown.
• Oct. 18 from 1:30-4:30 p.m. at the Cameron Park Fire Station, 3200 Country Club Drive, Cameron Park.
• Oct. 24 from 2-4 p.m. at the Community Church, 5061 Sciaroni Road, Grizzly Flat.
• Oct. 25 from 1:30-4:30 p.m. at the Community Church, 6361 Pony Express Trail, in the Evergreen Room, Pollock Pines.
• Nov. 1 from 1-4 p.m. at the County Fairgrounds, 100 Placerville Drive, in the Pavilion, Placerville. Drive through clinic.
• November 6 from 12:30 to 3:00 p.m. at the Mother Lode Lions Hall, 4701 Missouri Flat Road, Diamond Springs.
Parents should bring their child’s immunization records. Updated information on the community flu clinics will be posted to edcgov.us/publichealth and on the County Flu Hotline at 530-621-6188.