The El Dorado County Health and Human Services Agency, Public Health Division will begin conducting low-cost community flu vaccination clinics on Sept. 26, with additional clinics offered through mid-November. The seasonal influenza vaccine will be available in nasal mist and flu shot forms at the clinics.
“Everyone 6 months of age or older should get vaccinated against the flu annually for the best protection,” Supervising Public Health Nurse with the Public Health Division Lynnan Svensson said. “High-risk individuals, such as children under age 5, people 65 years and older, pregnant women and people with chronic diseases like asthma, diabetes or heart and lung disease are especially encouraged to be vaccinated. In addition, it is extremely important for health care workers and those individuals taking care of these high-risk persons to be immunized.”
The cost of the vaccine is $10, but no one will be denied service due to inability to pay; cash or check accepted. Parents should bring their child’s immunization records. Updated information on the community flu clinics will be posted to www.edcgov.us/publichealth and on the County Flu Hotline at 530-621-6188.
West Slope Community Flu Clinic dates and locations:
• Sept. 26 from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Georgetown Fire Station, 6281 Main Street, Georgetown.
• Sept. 27 from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. at the El Dorado Hills Senior Center, 990 Lassen Lane, in the Small Game Room, El Dorado Hills.
• Oct. 3 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Pioneer Park, 6740 Fairplay, Somerset.
• Oct.3 from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Garden Valley Fire Station, 4860 Marshall Road, Garden Valley.
• Oct. 9 from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. at the County Fairgrounds, 100 Placerville Drive, in the Organ Room, Placerville.
• Oct. 13 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Divide Wellness Center, 6065 Highway 193, Georgetown.
• Oct. 18 from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. at the Cameron Park Fire Station, 3200 Country Club Drive, Cameron Park.
• Oct. 24 from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Community Church, 5061 Sciaroni Road, Grizzly Flats.
• Oct. 25 from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. at the Community Church, 6361 Pony Express Trail, in the Evergreen Room, Pollock Pines.
• Nov. 1 from 1 to 4 p.m. at the County Fairgrounds, 100 Placerville Drive, in the Pavilion, Placerville. Drive through clinic.
• Nov. 6 from 12:30 to 3 p.m. at the Mother Lode Lions Hall, 4701 Missouri Flat Road, Diamond Springs.
South Lake Tahoe Community Flu Clinic dates and locations:
• Sept. 26 through Nov. 14 from to 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Senior Center, 3050 Lake Tahoe Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe. No clinic will be held on October 17.
• Oct. 17 from 12 to 6 p.m. at Bijou School, 3501 Spruce Avenue, in the Teachers Lounge, South Lake Tahoe.
• Oct. 24 from 3 to 6 p.m. at the South Lake Tahoe Airport, 1901 Airport Road, South Lake Tahoe.