Friday, April 18, 2014

Section 8 housing: Supes respond to latest DA letter about Nutting

From page A1 | August 14, 2013 | 59 Comments

Four El Dorado County Supervisors assured District Attorney Vern Pierson that they will continue to “protect the integrity of county government administrative and legislative processes.” That affirmation was included in a letter authorized by the board Aug. 6 during a closed session and was in response to Pierson’s letter of July 26 informing the board “about an allegation involving Supervisor (Ray) Nutting and our Public Housing Authority.”

The Mountain Democrat published a story July 31 citing Pierson’s letter, which alleges that Nutting had attempted to apply to make a piece of his property eligible for rental under the federal Section 8 subsidized housing program. As an elected county official Nutting would be in violation of conflict of interest laws if he were to benefit from participation in a Section 8 rental.

In earlier communications, Nutting stated that he was fully aware that he would not be able to use the housing program but that he was simply doing a favor for a single mother who was eligible for Section 8 assistance. Nutting also attempted to seek a waiver that would have allowed him to participate in the program. Pierson, however, said his officers interviewed employees at the county housing authority who stated:

“(Nutting) had repeated contact, up to the department head,” Pierson said. “It was over a two-week period, trying to get staff to help … He was told it was against the law, and two weeks later, he asks for the waiver.” The waiver was not granted and Pierson wrote that Health and Human Services staff who dealt with Nutting said, he “wouldn’t let it go and appeared obsessed with getting around the rules.”

The board’s letter signed by Chairman Ron Briggs further assures the DA “and the citizens of the County of El Dorado that we take this matter very seriously and we will continue to cooperate with the offices of the District Attorney and the State Attorney General.”

Three other documents are attached to the board’s letter. The first, written on Community Development Agency letter head, is signed by Kim Kerr, assistant chief administrative officer. Addressed to Barbara Shanley at the U.S. Forest Service South Lake Tahoe office, Kerr tells the federal agency that El Dorado County government has taken a number of specific steps to ensure that Supervisor Nutting will have no role and no participation in any issues dealing with state or federal funds. The letter further notes that Nutting has and will continue to voluntarily recuse himself from any and all matters that may affect or be affected by state or federal funds, “contracts or other funding assistance during the pendency of the criminal matters against him.”

Additionally, Kerr states that the county has also restricted Nutting’s and his administrative assistant’s access to other county departments “so that they cannot enter into any other county offices except through public entrances and during hours those offices are open to the public.”

The second attachment is a letter signed by Briggs as chairman of the board and addressed to “all interested state and federal agencies and departments.” This letter basically reiterates what Kerr’s letter assures and adds that in the event “Nutting ceases to voluntarily recuse himself,” the rest of the board will not consider his opinions or comments nor count his vote regarding any board decision. “The county does not anticipate that such a change will occur,” Briggs’ letter concludes.

Nutting’s June 21 letter to his fellow supervisors is the third attachment. He assures them that he will voluntarily recuse himself as agreed so as not to put the county at risk of losing federal money in particular. He further states that he “will be vindicated of the malicious charges that have been made against me” and that he intends to “be acquitted in a court of law as quickly as possible and then return to perform all of the duties for which I was elected.”

The charges against Nutting include four criminal charges for filing false documents, perjury by declaration and conflict of interest in a contract. Some of the charges are related to federal grant funds he used to reduce fire hazards on his ranch in the south county and for which it is alleged that he submitted inadequate or fraudulent documents. He has not yet been arraigned and “No debarment or suspension proceedings are currently pending against Supervisor Nutting,” Kerr’s letter adds.

Under the terms of the federal grants in which Nutting participated, conviction or indictment for certain specific crimes could jeopardize the county’s qualifications “as a responsible agency” with respect to some federal grant funding.

As of Thursday afternoon, the DA’s office had reported that Pierson’s letter was not available to the public as it had been addressed only to Board Chairman Briggs, and staff at the Board of Supervisors Office were going to check with county counsel to determine whether or not the copy Briggs referenced could be made public, though its details have already been published in the Mountain Democrat.

Contact Chris Daley at 530-344-5063 or cdaley@mtdemocrat.net. Follow @CDaleyMtDemo.

• 1036-FrankAugust 13, 2013 - 4:21 pm

This written request of his to be given section eight rent subsides is a strange one, as is his attempt to get a conflict waiver for it, still more recent are his other "rentals" the trailers that he has on his property that need to be checked by code enforcement for numerous violations. Also need to send in law enforcement to see if there are any green "cash crops" being grown for sales and tax free income.

• Miwok NationAugust 14, 2013 - 7:06 am

www.mtdemocrat.com/letters/the-final-say-on-countys-future/

• Miwok NationAugust 14, 2013 - 7:28 am

Those are the supervisors that bamboozled our tribe & the people of the county. The Little Miwok Children , Elders, Mothers & Fathers. The Miwok survivors / indians recorded for 100 years. Touched by the Hammer of Jack Sweeney, John Knight, Ray Nuutting, Ron Briggs, & Norma Santiago. The untouchable magic 5 whom were all warned about there political corruption against the people & Indians of this county. Will the investigation reach the Indians? Does this county want an Honest Indian reservation or a snake pit of thieves hiding behind diplomatic immunity?

• Law DawgAugust 14, 2013 - 8:12 am

Nuttin, is a crook. It's quite obvious he wants to bend rules and laws for his own agenda. When I met you Ray in Meyers years ago, my gut instinct was you are a fake. Your eyes and body language showed it. You need to go away. Stop trying to fool those who won't be fooled. YOU are the only fool here. If you had an ounce of common sense you'd slither away to some other county. You are not welcome here anymore. But maybe we'll just see you go to jail for your crimes.

• just sayinAugust 14, 2013 - 8:51 am

Oh Mr. Nuttin, you make me and my husband sick, Back in the DAY, when my husband worked at The Camino Mill You CAME TO THE UNION to ask for $$$ to help indorse your sorry a--. They complied in return you were going to help them with helping familys for the union Food Bank, you did not come forward with your end of the agreement, And if you think your going to get out of saying this statement is false, guess what, there is records of this still today.

• Fran DuchampAugust 14, 2013 - 9:09 am

Yet the angry MiWok Indian just named more supervisors as being corrupt....I say have everyone stand down--until this mess is cleaned up. No more voting on anything--until the courts can decide. Have the feds come in a check the whole lot...including Daly and Kerr--whose signatures are on everything. Elections are coming up for our district--yet we have no one yet to represent us in Pollock. The two candidates from Tahoe are just more of what CEDAPP and CEDAC want. Maybe dramatic change is going to happen. Can anyone pick out one person...who they feel is doing a great job? The MiWoks actually have an interesting story to tell...but I was told it was a federal issue. I was told the Miwoks from El Dorado county were never registered by the feds...so they went to another MiWok Tribe outside of El Dorado and gave them status here in El Dorado...because they were recognized by the feds. at some point in history. The Miwoks who lived and worked this land, here in El Dorado have been ignored by the tribe that runs the casino...and the reservations. Which if true--is very sad. Indian Nations would be no different than the American governments that they dislike...if they treated"cousins" like this. I have a friend who with others goes to Sly Park to help honor their ancestors and clean the trails...they said the ancestors there were not part of the Indians at the casino. Did our supervisors help the wrong tribe for money? I have no idea.

• Fran DuchampAugust 14, 2013 - 9:12 am

By not listening to the "public" and only listening to unelected economic boards--they are already failing as a responsible agency with respect to some federal grant funding.

• Oh BrotherAugust 14, 2013 - 9:32 am

The same old news and the same old comments. Fran just try not to let them get you riled up. I did read in the Sacramento Bee today that they have a new woman in charge at the FBI and that one of her specialties is public corruption. She could probably stay pretty busy at all levels in this County.

• Fran DuchampAugust 14, 2013 - 9:35 am

Oh Brother...lolol...okay you made me smile and laugh out loud...you have a great day!!!! lololol

• 1036-FrankAugust 14, 2013 - 10:27 am

Some of us well remember the mid 1980's arrest of another former Supervisor, his trial, his attorney, and his conviction and prison sentence. This case looks very similar. There are lessons from that case here; both Supervisor's being ranchers and "farmers" and what was/is being farmed will be an issue now as it was then. Regardless if it was drug production then or perjury now and conflict votes and missing tax dollars supposed to be used to "clear" property to prevent fires. There is one huge difference between the cases, the other Supervisor was smart enough to quickly step down, why hasn't Nutting? Now the county has been forced to retain a law firm at public expense because of this and has had to restrict Nutting's access to other departments and he is prevented from voting by law on all financial issues, this is what must be done to protect local govt. from someone with a criminal indictment. Regardless of anything else, enough people have already asked for Nutting's resignation to protect the integrity of county government.

• a citizenAugust 14, 2013 - 10:31 am

The people who claim that our entire county government employees are corrupt Just because one politician is corrupt. Are the same people that always ask questions with out listening to the answers. Fran Duchamp says, "I say have everyone stand down--until this mess is cleaned up. No more voting on anything--until the courts can decide. Have the feds come in a check the whole lot...including Daly and Kerr--whose signatures are on everything." She now wants the county to stop working until her buddy Ray Nutting has a trial. And turn over responsibility of governance to the Federal Government. Please do not lump all of us who work hard for our county in the same ball as one corrupt politician. Fran Duchamp keeps asking about the Civil Grand Jury. She doesn't listen because it was announced that one was seated in June. She wants to know what happened to the last Grand Jury. It disbanded and no reports were issued. Fran Duchamp, rest assured this new group will not disband. I'm sure that they will make reports that will be issued to the public. I'm not sure if you will read them. I am sure that you will have more questions and no answers if you do.

• James E.August 14, 2013 - 10:41 am

There is a valid question about this just disbanded Grand Jury. Why was it disbanded? Grand Juries don't disband just out of the blue. Of course, it's none of the public's business to ask.

• Oh BrotherAugust 14, 2013 - 10:59 am

Touchy touchy people. 1036-F must be retired law enforcement who can't get out of the past. The employees defending themselves as great county employees please tell us which departments you work for Harn? Pierson? Same old stuff over and over and over. There are corrupt government employees in this county. Can't this newspaper find some other news to report????

• a citizenAugust 14, 2013 - 11:14 am

Oh brother or Chris Alarcon, I do not work in the DA's or Auditor's Dept. I have seen and heard about Ray Nutting using his bullying tactics to get his way for as long as I've been employed. There have been many lay offs and staff reductions that the Supervisors have direct authority and the final decision making upon. So yes we are afraid for our jobs. I will defend my fellow county workers. We are good people. Fran Duchamp and you defend an indicted corrupt Supervisor crying due process. And then say all County employees are corrupt. That's your belief because you are corrupt. Your argument of one bad apple spoils the whole barrel. We are not in your barrel. And we don't want you or your kind in ours.

• Oh BrotherAugust 14, 2013 - 11:25 am

Wow citizen a little touchy you are. Well we are citizens also so you can't tell us what to do, where to go or where to live. If you are an employee of the County, that makes you my employee, so don't forget them apples. You all seem to think that everyone who blogs on here is someone you hate. I am not Chris Alaracon. I don't know Chris Alaracon. I don't care what you think about him, myself or anyone else. We the people in this county are your employer, so get back to work and earn your pay and get off the county computer that my taxes are paying for. IT might track you and fire you from the job you are afraid of losing.

• Fran DuchampAugust 14, 2013 - 11:46 am

citizen...wow--you are so wrong...I was a county employee for many years here...my firends who have not gottena raise in several years are county employees here. I said people are innocent until proven guilty. I also said...that if you attack one--attack all. OR let the courts decide. Good thing others can read....lololol I also have said that many nonprofits up here in Pollock are not transparent...not all...CEDAPP is not transparent. You must be from their groups...I guess I can start dropping links again....

• Fran DuchampAugust 14, 2013 - 11:51 am

Citizen...I sorry you dont believe people are innocent until proven guilty. I also like Santiago...Veerkamp...Briggs and Ron Mikulaco. Hopefully they are not all criminals because I like them as people...because I know them all the same--people who work within the community.

• Fran DuchampAugust 14, 2013 - 12:17 pm

Citizen--you have become my favorite person today. One of my closest friends works for a program that comes out of the general fund...they have not had a raise in a very long time. Yet the BOS is taking lots of money out to seed the economic groups. Some of my teacher friends are losing their homes...because programs have been cut. I dropped links showing where unqualified personnel have taken over several depts...and let qualified people go...just so the unqualified can get more pay. I have never made any huge amounts of money--I think once I made 21,000 for that year...it was a fluke. I have an expensive education behind me...but I have always chosen to work in jobs I actually liked. (which meant I had to have two or three jobs to survive.) . If you are afraid for your job--do something about it--there are many ways to turn something in...without using your name. Attacking me is just stupid. I am nothing to any of these people. I just believe in the statement that people are innocent until proven guilty. what is interesting to me...is that people say Im naive..yet do not realize if one of the "players" knows something--then they all do...and are just as responsible for not saying anything. And how come you get to post? If you are a county worker...does the job include posting?

• Fran DuchampAugust 14, 2013 - 12:56 pm

James...I thought asking about the disbanded Grand Jury was a fair question as well...but what do I know. I also meant to write that my Neuropathy is not Diabetic in nature--I am not a diabetic. I developed it after I fell on the ice. I have Peripheral Neuropathy from trauma. The whole time I was losing the ability to walk--I kept asking what was the burning sensation in my legs and arms...after a year...I was tested for Neuropathy...and given many different drugs to help with the pain...none really worked for me. The pain I deal with now--is nothing like the pain before my knees were replaced...that was unbelievable pain. I am thankful that i can walk even a little today...I am very thankful to what could be done for me. Alright--I think I annoyed all that I could for now...everyone have a great afternoon.

• a citizenAugust 14, 2013 - 1:36 pm

Chris Alarcon-oh brother, I am on my own time you pompous little ass. I've asked both of you to quit lumping all County employees into the same gene pool as you and Ray Nutting. We are not criminals

• oh brotherAugust 14, 2013 - 2:07 pm

Citizen what a foul little angry person you are.

• a citizenAugust 14, 2013 - 2:30 pm

Chris Alarcon-Oh Brother, We've all seen what you look like. Foul angry and little describes you to a tee I should think. Here's a little advice to you, get a real job you twit and stop leaching off of the good citizens of this county.

• Oh, my!August 14, 2013 - 2:38 pm

Citizen, you sound really angry.

• James E.August 14, 2013 - 2:42 pm

Is Alarcon is the fellow who was caught driving with bogus license plates on his car?

• James E.August 14, 2013 - 2:43 pm

*** delete second is

• Oh BrotherAugust 14, 2013 - 3:30 pm

James, I would also like to know who Chris Alaracon is. Whoever she is really gets citizen foaming at the mouth. Maybe Ms. Alaracon is a person in charge at the County?

• Fran DuchampAugust 14, 2013 - 3:40 pm

Oh brother Chris is a man...Christopher Alarcon...other than that I dont know anything about him...he is in this paper a couple of times...I do not know any of the players http://www.mtdemocrat.com/news/214392/

• Fran DuchampAugust 14, 2013 - 3:47 pm

http://www.mtdemocrat.com/news/das-suit-targets-political-operatives/...I do not know why citizen thinks you are him

• Oh BrotherAugust 14, 2013 - 4:10 pm

Thank you Fran for the link. I see now that it all still has to do with Pierson et al. Well I am not a man so citizen can think what he/she wants to. With their reaction though and now seeing this Alaracon person has issues with the DA I am getting the picture. Same old stuff over and over.

• Fran DuchampAugust 14, 2013 - 4:10 pm

I like how everyone knows my name and not their own...lololol. My name is Fran--I dont write under any other name here...to the horror of my friends and family. I am really nothing to these top people...lololol Except I am good at research. The only people I tend to make mad--are people who didnt read correctly...or lied and got caught...otherwise...people wouldnt be attacking me for believing in innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. People must have someone in mind to replace Ray...interesting. Can a supervisor be replaced without an election for someone new to go in? Keep an eye on the top people--who ever they are thinking of--dont support....lead...follow...or get out of the way--of whom?

• Now I'm insultedAugust 14, 2013 - 4:17 pm

Fran, You were a county employee and you insult your fellow workers? Were you treated properly. Your words "Can anyone pick out one person...who they feel is doing a great job?" How does one quantify your question. Are you saying that you didn't believe you did a great job?

• 1036-FrankAugust 14, 2013 - 4:20 pm

When you think of Nutting and his campaign operatives and their gang that are often seen wearing handcuffs these days, a good name for this group would be the "All-R-Cons" gang. They appear to spend all of their time writing fake news releases, creating deceptive web-sites, finding people for letters to the paper and other desperate attempts and desperate people they use to cover their tracks. Look carefully at who is attacked; law enforcement, the county's employees, other Supervisors, the DA, the Auditor, and the list goes on. They love to blame and create the "one" that exposed them and throw in vast conspiracies while even trying to blame the last Sheriff's election for their current troubles. What they aren't getting is their not fooling anyone now and law enforcement is zeroing in on them one arrest after another.

• Fran DuchampAugust 14, 2013 - 4:32 pm

I was referring to all the posts...everyone is accusing everyone else. LOLOL. I loved my job...I didnt get any benefits. awwwwwwwww...sorry you are insulted--since I never picked on anyone shrugging shoulders. lololol omg.

• Fran DuchampAugust 14, 2013 - 4:39 pm

I did my best...I never lied to any one...never manipulated a scenario--probably why I never made any money. I come from money...the rich and the famous--walked away--because I didnt like what I saw. But thats me. Im glad to know that the county is now all "healed" and we can all focus on "me" lololololo Im off to baseball-to watch kids laugh and smile.

• Fran DuchampAugust 14, 2013 - 4:54 pm

"We are good people. Fran Duchamp and you defend an indicted corrupt Supervisor crying due process...". I do not see "the good people" part in this statement-- because many of you have convicted a man without a trail--he is not in jail for any thing.. I believe in the justice system...everyone--not just Ray are entitled to a fair trial. People in america are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. I believe in my country--my flag...and the constitution. Any one can spin it any way you like. However I have yet to give any of you my personal power. To my believes either you believe in the court system or you dont--attacking me...does not make a very good case for you. Just saying. Each time you hit me--you are losing credibility...because most know me...I am not the enemy. lolololol

• I'm insulted tooAugust 14, 2013 - 4:58 pm

I assumed that I was the only one who believed this Fran Duchamp was either a political plant or a looney with no real ax to grind. Just chiming accusations and asking questions she didn't want answers to. It would make sense of Oh brother if he was Chris Alarcon. He has been a shifty opportunist his entire life.

• citizenAugust 14, 2013 - 5:02 pm

• pssstAugust 14, 2013 - 5:19 pm

citizen and insulted: call vern asap

• Fran DuchampAugust 14, 2013 - 5:23 pm

I have never laughed so hard..."citizen August 14, 2013 - 5:02 pm Fran Duchamp lost all her remaining credibility when she claimed she didn't know Ray Nutting. She does real well and everyone up here knows that to be a fact." lololol I said I knew Ray--I have never been to his house...please learn to read. Well on a brighter note. Harper is bouncing around upsetting people again...she is backing a person--who stole a lot of money from a senior...not just any senior--a beloved senior. Too bad she never does her homework. CEDAC--really pay attention on this one...this was is documented in court (wink) ad for the people now posting...wow...good luck--may the force be with you.

• Fran DuchampAugust 14, 2013 - 5:46 pm

Im insulted too. lets talk about what you do not know...here in town if you do not do what Harper wants--she s has a temper tantrum...she threatens until she gets her way...only a few stand up to her...there is no money here in town--yet she wants another restaurant...what about the ones that are not making it now? Awwwwwwwwww and your insulted--dont really care...I care about the people in my life (and that includes where ive worked) I care about my county friends that have to work two and three jobs to survive and keep what little they have. Yet this county keeps throwing money out the window--cutting peoples jobs and not caring about any thing except these advisory groups of un elected people using made up numbers to forecast what they as a group what others to see--only to justify spending more money. I care that someone who taught for several years almost lost their house at 65--because programs were cut in the school systems. Meanwhile we have a group in town that feels spending money on trails going to Tahoe is the "right" thing to do....

• pssstAugust 14, 2013 - 7:09 pm

• James E.August 14, 2013 - 7:14 pm

Fran, not to worry -- you are very stable.

• Fran DuchampAugust 14, 2013 - 7:45 pm

PSST August 14, 2013 - 7:09 pm "Fran All you do is have temper tantrums. You use these post as your own personal face book page. You do not appear stable..."lolol...at least im not lying to a community. pssst And I know how to spell my own name...but keep trying. On Facebook people make up names...oh wait--they do here as well. I even signed in with my Facebook Account--pay attention--or technology will pass you by. Stable...nope Im good. Temper tantrum--not yet...purposely moving garbage out--maybe. My biggest win will be showing up before the board with hours of research on LUPPU s numbers and references...showing how it was based on false "empirical"data...I store all of my notes in the cloud...lololol.

• Fran DuchampAugust 14, 2013 - 7:48 pm

• PssstAugust 14, 2013 - 8:22 pm

pssst: vern says BOO

• Fran DuchampAugust 14, 2013 - 8:32 pm

PssstAugust 14, 2013 - 8:22 pm pssst: vern says BOO....I dont know if you know but PSSST is a group working against Obamacare...are you with them? and Vern who? Vern has yet to appear in any of my research about LUPPU...others appear all the time. Joe doesnt appear at all either...so I do not know much about them. Harper appears...a lot. she just posted about the signage draft in the county--yet brought in that ugly bill board in our space--welcoming people as they leave....doesnt give any credibility to our design review board for "okaying" it--oh wait they had no choice--it is a county "guide" sign.

• Fran DuchampAugust 14, 2013 - 8:46 pm

Pssst....Fran Duchamp: You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change ) Im signing out now--but do try to keep up with the technology...have a great evening.

• cookie65August 15, 2013 - 5:59 am

I quit reading after the first sentence. Four El Dorado County Supervisors assured District Attorney Vern Pierson that they will continue to “protect the integrity of county government administrative and legislative processes.”

• WhattheheckAugust 15, 2013 - 7:48 am

The rambling on this Nutting topic goes every direction. The bottom line is that Nutting is an embarrassment to this county and it's residents......he needs to resign NOW!

• Fran DuchampAugust 15, 2013 - 8:16 am

Id be more concerned with LUPPU and the groups behind that. I am amazed how many people do not honor that in America--a person is innocent until proven guilty. Good morning Cookie.

• Fran DuchampAugust 15, 2013 - 8:19 am

Someone must remember the term"free society" " Nevertheless, the presumption of innocence is essential to the criminal process. The mere mention of the phrase presumed innocent keeps judges and juries focused on the ultimate issue at hand in a criminal case: whether the prosecution has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant committed the alleged acts. The people of the United States have rejected the alternative to a presumption of innocence—a presumption of guilt—as being inquisitorial and contrary to the principles of a free society". http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Innocent+until+proven+guilty

• RaulAugust 15, 2013 - 8:44 am

"Diamond Joe" Harn sucks 1 million dollars out of the taxpayers pockets every four years in wages and benefits. Does anybody really feel that they are getting thier monies worth. What does he really do besides causing hate, playing king of the county and humping the leg of developers.

• Oh BrotherAugust 15, 2013 - 8:57 am

all kind of a waste of time to comment on. The rules and the way the judicial system in this county go are to the beat of their own drum.. you can go back through blogs and see the same old walking tall, justice insider, 1036 Frank etc., who are obviously part of the so called justice system in this good ole boy county..nothing will change and God help a person who has to get involved. Not defending people who break the law but this county really sucks to have to go through the judicial system if you make a mistake...and Fran, no I don't think this county has the mind set of innocent until proven guilty..all a waste of our time to even be on here trying to defend what is suppose to be part of the due process...they have already tried not just this case but many others before they even hit the courtroom.

• EvelynAugust 15, 2013 - 8:58 am

Cookie: Other than cheating just a wee bit, I've more or less followed your lead on this. BUT, on a quick skim to see if I might be missing anything vital, I did note that someone named Kerr was mentioned five (5) times. It seems this person is taking the lead in the Moral Rectitude and Public Accountability Departments. No wonder the County is aflame -- at last -- with righteous indignation.

• cookie65August 15, 2013 - 9:08 am

Good Morning Fran, have the cooler mornings made your neuropathy worse? They have with me. Hi Evelyn, I cheated a bit too. But the first sentence gave me a laugh. How long now have the foxes been guarding the henhouse?

• EvelynAugust 15, 2013 - 10:14 am

This is the City of Ione’s response to the Amador Grand Jury about Kim Kerr’s job performance. The City of Ione agreed with the following Findings of the Amador Grand Jury concerning former City Manager, Kim Kerr: • Pg.2: She did not demonstrate possessing the proper qualifications and expertise to perform her duties. • Pg 4: On many occasions she provided insufficient or misleading information. • Pg.4: She did not maintain proper payment procedures for consultants she oversaw. • Pg.7: The wastewater treatment plant she proposed was not sustainable and did not have the financial infrastructure to implement.

• EvelynAugust 15, 2013 - 10:57 am

“Well, David, gurgle, gurgle, ahem, and then we have, but of course, some people believe, although I would say…” - HERE (My sentiments precisely!)

• AmusedAugust 19, 2013 - 7:13 am

Until El Dorado County expels Kerr and the rest of the rejects from Amador County,(Pierson/Daly), you better figure on corrupt, expensive, incompetent local govnt. Pierson worked for Amador DA Riebe when a man named Womack got a one million dollar civil judgement from the Amador DA's office for harassment after several years and two fruitless search warrants. Wouldn't a competent, honest DA be able to understand when they are pushing legal limits? No, just move to another county and start the same BS over again. Amazing that Pierson has scraped together probable cause on this Nutting guy from several years ago, but he can't seem to locate any crime when Kerr had Ione's financial software altered so it would not reflect the negative running balances. It took four years and two Grand Jury investigations to oust Kerr. Her last day in Ione was the day before the GJ report was released. El Dorado County would be money ahead if they fired Kerr now and just bought out the remainder of her contract.

• Oh BrotherAugust 19, 2013 - 10:28 am

@Amused-love this comment. You should repost it everytime there is another article/letter about Nutting or others accused of crimes. Ain't it the truth??? The GOB's just keep on getting worse and appears getting more powerful. Scary.

Goodbye LUPPU, hello LRPU

By Chris Daley | From Page: A1, 2 Comments

Past due state taxes bring arrest

By Cole Mayer | From Page: A1, 6 Comments

Sanford trial: Prosecution, defense rest

Woman, dog back from Oso

By Wendy Schultz | From Page: A1, 7 Comments | Gallery

DA candidate to remain on ballot

Dog talk with Uncle Matty: Benji and the Bickersons

By Matthew Margolis | From Page: A10

CPCSD seat unfilled

Lew Uhler backs Ranalli

By News Release | From Page: A14, 2 Comments

District 4 candidate

Open meetings

Volunteers and homeless camps

Bicycle events and traffic control

Evacuation

Savannah Stephens can swing the bat

King of the West roars into Placerville

First and goal: Bunt etiquette

By Mike Bush | From Page: A11

Oak Ridge suffers tough 2-1 setback

By Mike Bush | From Page: A11

Jennings wins national title

By Democrat Staff | From Page: A11, 1 Comment | Gallery

Roundup: April 17, 2014

Plantastic sale this Saturday

Spring art brightens government center

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B2 | Gallery

Things to do: April 18, 2014

By Democrat Calendar | From Page: B2

Time out: A grand time at Grand China

By Earle Camembert | From Page: B3 | Gallery

Temple Kol Shalom hosts Passover Seder

By News Release | From Page: B3

Student art featured for Third Saturday

By News Release | From Page: B3

Promenade in high style

By Historic Old Sacramento | From Page: B4

Sac State Presents ‘Gypsy’

By California State Unversity, Sacramento | From Page: B4

Friday nights are engaging at the de Young

By Fine Arts | From Page: B5

Hats On For the Kids raises money for children

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B6

See what is inside the vault

By Center For Sacramento History | From Page: B6

Eggstravaganza

By Fairytale Town | From Page: B6

Gallery tips a hat to Dr. Seuss

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B7

Museum presents ‘Diesel Days’

By California State Railroad Museum | From Page: B7

Engagement: Adam Frega and Wednesday Bienusa

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B8

Duty: Air Force Airman Brian Polk

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B8

Cal Stage presents a season of challenging productions

By California Stage | From Page: B8

Duty: Army Pfc. Kyle W. Beasy

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B8

KVIE calls for artists

By Kvie | From Page: B9

A Couple of Blaguards tell tales

By Harris Center for the Arts | From Page: B9

America’s ClayFest II celebrates a rich history

By Blue Line Arts | From Page: B14

Fine Arts Museums feature two shows

By Fine Arts | From Page: B15

See wildflowers on train ride

By Railtown | From Page: B15

Easter at Northstar is family friendly

By Northstar California | From Page: B15