Friday, April 18, 2014

Chuck Norris: Barack Obama, spin master

From page A4 | October 31, 2012 | 42 Comments

The definition of spin is to apply a slant or particular emphasis to information, as to persuade or deceive.

President Barack Obama really has been pounding the pulpit the past few days, with the election right around the corner, with the help of his speechwriters. He sounds a lot like the Rev. Jeremiah Wright. About the only thing Obama hasn’t said is “God damn America,” as Wright did.

Obama has to pound his chest and beat the drum to rev up the Democratic base. Thank goodness that the only thing Mitt Romney has to do to rev up the Republican base — and, I hope, independents and undecided voters — is to talk common sense.

Obama can spin a fact, and even though it’s wrong or untrue, we almost believe it. Then he sends his minions out to spin the same fact, hoping that if we hear it enough times, we finally will believe it. The attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, is a prime example. Even though Obama knew — from the moment of the assault — that it was a terrorist attack, he didn’t let the American people know. We recently learned a drone was recording the attack in real time, and our president was watching from the Situation Room. It is clear that he chose to deceive the American people deliberately, saying it was a mob protest and blaming it on a video that nobody had seen.

My wife, Gena — who is a lot tougher than I am — and I are fighting mad with all the lies and distortions coming out of the White House. When I film a movie, I can kick the bad guy’s butt. But here, all I can do is hope, pray and vote. So that is what we have to do! We have to get everyone out to vote for the only man who can get us out of this mess, Mitt Romney.

Unfortunately, Obama didn’t have the experience to fix the economy, which he promised the American people he’d do. However, there were two things that would have been easy for him to accomplish. He promised to televise on C-SPAN all new bills presented to Congress, including Obamacare. However, Obama conveniently forgot that promise when his administration cut backroom deals with drug industry lobbyists, medical groups, union bosses, insurance industry representatives and lawmakers during Obamacare negotiations.

In a second broken promise, Obama assured us he wouldn’t allow special interest groups and lobbyists to influence his policies. However, he regularly has granted exclusive White House access to his biggest donors, who bring their lobbyists with them. In fact, Democratic National Committee officials urged lobbyists to solicit personal checks from corporate executives and rewarded them with premium credentials and hotel rooms at the Democratic National Convention. So much for integrity and honesty!

Folks, we are at a crossroads this election. We could elect a president who would keep us on a losing streak, Obama, or we could elect a president who has the expertise to get us on a winning streak, Romney. Boy, is that a no-brainer!

I am a martial artist first and an actor second. I am definitely not a politician. I’ll leave that to experienced people like Romney.

So I am going to evaluate this election as a martial artist. I am a 10th-degree grandmaster and have studied the martial arts for more than 50 years — 15 of those years as a fighter and instructor, teaching thousands of students before going into the film business.

I was also able to achieve great success as a martial arts fighter and, through years of dedication and hard work, became a world champion. Why am I telling you all of this? Because Mitt Romney is that same kind of fighter. With his business acumen, he would be successful in turning our country around for a brighter future.

Romney is an incredibly successful businessman, which means he would focus on job growth and get small business up and running again. In a bipartisan fashion, Romney was very successful as the governor of Massachusetts. And he turned a failing Olympics around and made it one of the most successful Olympics in years. Most importantly, he and his wife, Ann, donate about 30 percent of their income to charity — more than Obama and Vice President Joe Biden combined.

So if I were going to promote Romney to a belt rank based on all of his qualifications, it would be a black belt.

Now let’s look at Obama’s record. I already have mentioned a couple of his failures. Obama’s failures are even more apparent when we look at his extremely limited background in the private sector and his complete lack of experience in running a business. That lack of experience means he doesn’t fully appreciate the following:

1) Accountability to American consumers, employees and investors.

2) Balancing budgets, maximizing revenue and closely monitoring spending (at the risk of sinking your company if you fail).

3) Long hours, hard work and great personal investment with merely keeping a business afloat.

4) Intense competition with other businesses in the private market.

5) High personal risk and no taxpayer-funded safety net or bailout if your business flops.

6) A devastating impact from soaring tax hikes and government regulations on your ability to stay in business.

7) A solid understanding of free market principles and job creation strategies.

So, after evaluating all of Obama’s qualifications, I would promote him to white belt, as I would all beginners. And I’m sure that if, God forbid, he were to get re-elected, at the end of four years he still would be a white belt.

Folks, Obama is the chief executive of our great nation. Without a firm understanding of these principles, how could he lead America back from the brink of economic collapse and even more widespread unemployment?

I will admit that Obama is a gifted speaker and very charismatic, but he is just not a leader, and our economy would only get worse in the next four years if he were to be re-elected. I’m not going to bring up all the things he has lied about. All I’m going to say is that a president who is dishonest with the American people does not deserve a second term.

Follow Chuck Norris through his official social media sites, on Twitter @chucknorris and Facebook’s “Official Chuck Norris Page.” He blogs at http://chucknorrisnews.blogspot.com. To find out more about Chuck Norris and read features by other Creators Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit the Creators Syndicate Web page at creators.com.

Copyright 2012 Chuck Norris
Distributed by Crators.com

• James E.October 30, 2012 - 10:24 am

Chuck Norris, too many kicks to the head. And, Chuck, get rid of the rug -- old bald guys can be tough too.

• prime timeOctober 31, 2012 - 7:52 am

Auto Companies Slam Mitt Romney For False Jeep Jobs to China Claim in Ohio Anti-Obama Ad

• prime timeOctober 31, 2012 - 7:56 am

Mike Thompson: Mitt Romney's trouble with the truth

• prime timeOctober 31, 2012 - 8:01 am

Romney's FEMA flip-flop and the GOP cuts to disaster relief

• DeeOctober 31, 2012 - 10:17 am

primetime - Repeat of Romny's actual words. Romney did not say FEMA was immoral. He said that deficit spending is immoral. This lie that is spread by Democrats is a reaction to this interview on CNN with moderator King: ROMNEY: Absolutely. Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that’s the right direction. And if you can go even further and send it back to the private sector, that’s even better. Instead of thinking in the federal budget, what we should cut — we should ask ourselves the opposite question. What should we keep? We should take all of what we’re doing at the federal level and say, what are the things we’re doing that we don’t have to do? And those things we’ve got to stop doing, because we’re borrowing $1.6 trillion more this year than we’re taking in. We cannot… KING: Including disaster relief, though? ROMNEY: We cannot — we cannot afford to do those things without jeopardizing the future for our kids. It is simply immoral, in my view, for us to continue to rack up larger and larger debts and pass them on to our kids, knowing full well that we’ll all be dead and gone before it’s paid off. It makes no sense at all. Now you can disagreed if deficit spending is immoral but I think we all agree that spreading lies is definitely immoral.

• DeeOctober 31, 2012 - 11:09 am

Primetime-Per Washington Post regarding Jeep ad---- "But the Jeep ad airing in Ohio makes no such statement. It says that Chrysler, Jeep's parent, was sold "to Italians who are going to build Jeeps in China." That is 100% correct, and has been since 2010, as Tony Lee pointed out yesterday. It is also true that "Fact checkers confirm that [Obama's] attacks on Mitt Romney [on the auto bailout] are false" and that Romney "is supported by Lee Iacocca and the Detroit News."---So Primetime your headkine is wrong.

• James E.October 31, 2012 - 11:23 am

If Mitt is elected, it will be wonderful when FEMA is turned over to the private sector. Yes, the profit motive. Want to be rescued from the flood? That will be $100 per family member, plus $50 for each pet. Need food until grocery stores open again? Nice can of pork and beans for $10.00. And, bet Mitt will invest in the private sector rescue companies.

• Phil VeerkampOctober 31, 2012 - 1:00 pm

James, are you misinformed, or is sarcasm at play in your comment? Surely you do know that FEMA (Federal E M A) cannot be privatized? Mitt DOES propose economies and efficiencies, but DOES NOT propose elimination. Mitt does recognize the need for coordination across states/regions. James, are you playing with sarcasm, or are you deliberately misrepresenting (lying)?

• Jim RiordanOctober 31, 2012 - 3:19 pm

Re: FEMA. Most useless of agencies I can imagine. When we suffered local flooding years ago, close to sacramento, FEMA came in and was going to "help" our citizens who were flooded out. I was self publishing an advertorial Newspaper called Home Improvement News at the time. The head FEMA agent came to me and told me they were going to "distribute $14 million dollars in aid to people who had their homes destroyed" and they outright asked me for a FREE full page ad to tout "what they have accomplished". I asked for the specific amount of dollars that had been distributed to date. Mind you this was weeks after the disaster and they were getting ready to "pull out". I was told , "so far $14,000". I said, "WHAT? That is a long way from $14 million, when is the rest coming? I was told , "We are not sure." I told them to stick it and refused to even give mention of their presence . . . had I gotten an honest answer, and it was the $14 million, I would gladly have donated the page. I found out months later no more dollars had come through. They should be called Federal Emergency Manglement Agency and be disbanded immediately, the whole useless lot of them. They let all the fire depts, police, etc. do their work and then they claim credit. FEMA offices and their formaldehyde ridden trailers should all be dumped in the same pit and covered over in New York city landfills for all the good they will do.

• ScottOctober 31, 2012 - 3:21 pm

Tell me, which would you rather have in office? A man with effectively no business experience, little or no management experience, broken promises, and three and a half years of dragging the economy into the worst level of debt ever, increasing joblessness, a quote on record telling the party across the isle that things were going to be done his way, and only his way because "I won," and an apparent unwillingness to deal with foreign enemies? Or someone who's had twenty-five plus years of actual business and management experience in the trenches of the business world, and who succesfully turned a state economy around, in no small part because he actually worked with members of the "other" party who held a majority in that State? This should be a "no brainer."

• James E.October 31, 2012 - 3:39 pm

Mr. Veerkamp, I thought I read that Mitt wanted to turn functions of FEMA over to private companies. I'm sure he doesn't want to totally eliminate FEMA, just reduce its size to one director and one secretary. I do a lot of sarcasm, but try to hold my fibs to one a day -- are you one of those who never fib? Tell me you never fib, and I'll tell you that you just told at least your second fib.

• Ken SteersOctober 31, 2012 - 4:14 pm

I'm not as convinced that Mitt is a great businessman as I am that Obama has no respect for private enterprise. I'm not as sure that Mitt is a fantastic leader as I am that Obama has failed and disappointed me performing his duties as Commander and Chief. I'm not convinced or excited about Romney because he is not a fiscal conservative. I am motivated to vote no on Obama because of his lack of leadership in these horribly disappointing economic times. I'm not as worried about what Mitt is going to do these next four years because I know what Obama has done these past 4 years.

• Phil VeerkampOctober 31, 2012 - 7:04 pm

Ken, in other words, halitosis is better than no breath at all?

• My wife Gretel says Chuck Norris is a sissyOctober 31, 2012 - 10:24 pm

My wife, Gretel, who is tougher than most Republicans and I are fighting mad with all the lies and distortions coming out of the Romney campaign. We have to get everyone out to vote for the only man who can get us out of this mess that George W. passed on, President Obama.... Also I think it was Mitt Romney’s grandfather that said "god damn America” as he fled to Mexico after being told he could only have one wife.

• Phil VeerkampNovember 01, 2012 - 12:39 am

LINK - Even though Obama knew — from the moment of the assault — that it was a terrorist attack, he didn’t let the American people know.

• JohnNovember 01, 2012 - 12:50 am

Phil Veekamp: Are you the guy running for office? If so, you better learn to get your facts straight. The morning after the attack on the Consulate, Pres. Obama held a press conference in the Rose Garden, stating clearly that 'such terrorist attacks will not go unanswered". Go to YouTube and you can see it yourself---or is your mind made up and are therefore not interested in facts.

• Phil VeerkampNovember 01, 2012 - 12:54 am

John, I don't think you listened to the video.

• Phil VeerkampNovember 01, 2012 - 1:05 am

LINK - POTUS received "instant Message" from Ambassador Stevens/Consulate

• Phil VeerkampNovember 01, 2012 - 1:34 am

LINK - Exclusive: Classified cable warned consulate couldn't withstand 'coordinated attack'

• RichNovember 01, 2012 - 6:19 am

Even though George W. Bush knew - from the moment of the assault - that there were no weapons of mass destruction, he didn’t let the American people know.

• trading liarsNovember 01, 2012 - 7:36 am

Rich is telling us that George lied; now it's Obama's turn.

• just the facts, manNovember 01, 2012 - 7:39 am

John is telling us that democrat presidents don't lie.

• Richard on private contracctors and FEMANovember 01, 2012 - 10:37 am

Talking about FEMA. You can bet that if elected, Romney will do away with FEMA as we know it today. A short few months ago, his republican predecessor George W Bush who’s Republican Administration spent one out of every five dollars during the Iraq war on private contractors (no doubt republican contractors). The Pentagon’s reliance on outside contractors in Iraq was proportionately far larger than in any previous event, and it has been confirmed by the pentagon outsourcing led to overbilling, fraud and shoddy and unsafe work that has endangered and even killed American troops. The budget office’s report found that from 2003 to 2007, the government awarded contracts in Iraq worth about $85 billion, and that the Bush administration awarded contracts at a rate of $15 billion to $20 billion a year. Contracting costs surged past the $100 billion mark before the end of the war. I would bet if elected, Romney will do the same to restore the damage done by the recent storm Sandy with the same results. Also it makes you wonder what the war in Iraq the killed and injured so many young Americans was all about.

• Phil VeerkampNovember 01, 2012 - 11:35 am

Richard on private contracctors and FEMA - Richard, you imply that FEMA “owns” vast stockpiles of food, water, generators, pumps, dozers, backhoes, engineers, electricians, doctors, nurses, laborers etc. They do not. FEMA is a cross jurisdictional coordinator. Said another way, FEMA is near the top of the chain of command . . . . and hands out the loot. LINK - Incident Command System. FEMA reimburses the local entities who hire PRIVATE CONTRACTORS.

• Richard, FEMANovember 01, 2012 - 12:39 pm

Veerkamp; And is responsible for the loot, you seem to have left that out. With out FEMA you get the same thing that occurred in Iraq, but if you want to transfer money to your republican contractor buddies in the states, having FEMA in the way could limit your profits. Its kind like our local contractors who get most if not all the construction contacts from the county, when ever any one got in the way, they removed them. That’s why our county went thru 17 General Services Directors who were responsible for the loot (our FEMA) from 1989 to 2010…..

• Phil VeerkampNovember 01, 2012 - 10:28 pm

Richard, FEMA - Under the previous administration we knew of no bid contracts as vehicles to cut red tape and patronage rewards. In the wake of Sandy this President and thse Governors have sworn to “cut red tape”. Do you really believe there are no “Guido Contractors” being granted no bid contracts in New York and New Jersey? Patronage is the way of the world. Get real. Show me the winning bids for the clean-up contractors, please? You can’t. Is this corruption? NO! It’s the way things get done.

• JohnNovember 01, 2012 - 11:31 pm

Mr. Veerkamp: I wrote this previously, and I'll say it again. Yes, the Consulate in Benghazi was not yet ready for prime time; yes, security in Benghazi was not up to State Department standards, and yes to whatever you and others in the right wing delusional sphere want to imagine. What trumps all your blathering is the simple fact that, like a captain is master of his ship, an ambassador is master of all that happens in his country of assignment and Washington seldom, if ever, forbids an Ambassador to travel. The Ambassador always calls the shots. By nature, the State Department is a cautious organization so I am sure it told Ambassador Stevens not to go to Benghazi. "Do nothing" is always the safe default mode. Stevens, however, saw his job as forging ahead in the best interests of U.S.-Lybian relations, and that meant going to Benghazi to show our support for the struggling Lybian administration. Heknew the dangers better than anyone, but took a chance and lost. His own father said this much at a press conference a month ago. And now, we have right wing propagandists from FOX to the MD, which know less than nothing about an Ambassador's role, just trying to make political hay out of the death of a brave civil servant. Don't you people have no shame?

• Phil VeerkampNovember 02, 2012 - 12:11 am

John, it appears that MSM is beginning to move on Catherine Herridge's research. I'm bookmarking this thread for a return to the discussion after things "ripen". As James Baker said in 2000 going into the Bush v Gore Florida thing, "We shall see". As for your swashbuckling freelance devil-may-care he’s-on-his-own huge balls Ambassador model? Bull$hit!

• James E.November 02, 2012 - 9:49 am

I note the comments from Mr. Veerkamp and John reference the Ambassador in Libya. John retired from the State Department with service in the Middle East. Mr. Veerkamp, as I understand, is a retired fire chief. Sorry Mr. Veerkamp, John speaks from extensive experience regarding the State Department. Should we get into a debate about the fire service, I'll listen to your opinions over his. Until then, please don't try to educate John or the rest of us about the State Department.

• Phil VeerkampNovember 02, 2012 - 10:35 am

James E. - Sorry Colonel, you got the wrong Veerkamp in mind. I'm surprised you are ignorant of the fact that the retired fire chief goes by the moniker of Brian. He's the smart Veerkamp. I'm the one who guides readers to other people's research. I'm just sort of a "sarcastic sign post". . . LINK - 'Troubling' Surveillance Before Benghazi Attack

• DeeNovember 02, 2012 - 11:30 am

WSJ-Shoppers lined up at some Home Depot Inc., HD +1.41%Wal-Mart Stores Inc. WMT -2.14% and Lowe’s Cos. LOW +1.76% stores on Wednesday, snagging necessities such as chain saws for clearing fallen trees and sump pumps to remove water or sewage from basements. Demand was particularly strong for generators, which can run as much as $1,500, from hundreds of thousands of people who are expected to remain without power through the weekend and perhaps longer….Home Depot stationed hundreds of trailer trucks filled with supplies along the storm’s path; Wal-Mart’s Sam’s Club warehouse club unit sent 7,000 generators into Northeast stores. Lowe’s said it asked some suppliers to bypass their warehouses and send items directly to stores instead.----Capitalism at work saving lives and helping restore communities.--- James E-You wait for FEMA in a disaster. I'll try to prepare to protect myself and work with my neighbors and first responders.

• James E.November 02, 2012 - 2:44 pm

Mr. Veerkamp, sorry, I thought you were the retired fire chief. OK, then, what's your claim to fame that would make you a State Department and Embassy/Consulate expert over John Garon.

• JohnNovember 02, 2012 - 10:23 pm

Col. James: Did you catch Phil Veerkamp's admission? He claims that the other Veerkamp is the smart one, so Phil must be the non-smart one. Now everything makes sense. Every time I turn around in EDC, there's a Veerkamp sign of some sort in my view--they're everywhere. Does 'Veerkamp' mean rabbit in Dutch?

• James E.November 02, 2012 - 10:29 pm

Evelyn, Brian, and Phil -- so many Veerkamps.

• Phil VeerkampNovember 02, 2012 - 10:36 pm

"we shall see." - (James Baker)

• Phil VeerkampNovember 02, 2012 - 11:17 pm

Colonel, RA19849875, 76n20, 1965 - 1968, honorable discharged - huge fun during a $hitty piece of history, Sir.

• EvelynNovember 03, 2012 - 8:17 am

Let me be just Evelyn. For the fun of it I ran "Veerkamp" through Google Translate. From Dutch it translates to SPRING CAMP. But in EDC is does feel a bit like RABBIT. Good one, John!

• DeeNovember 03, 2012 - 11:23 am

Evelyn, I've been told that if you don't have some connection to a VeerKamp you don't belong in El Dlorado County.

• EvelynNovember 03, 2012 - 11:32 am

Dee, if that comment was seriously intended then the only reasonable response would be to disregard it. No point empowering myth purveyors.

• DeeNovember 03, 2012 - 11:44 am

It's a family joke because you guys are everywhere and if you are here long enough someone will be married to someone that has a Veerkamp in the backgound. Take pride-it's a good thing.

• James E.November 03, 2012 - 11:48 am

Not germane to Chuck Norris, but just want to let those who foamed at the mouth when I suggested that Storm Sandy might be the October Surprise we all have been waiting for, and how cruel and vicious that made me as I must be praying for the storm deaths. For all my Tea/Republican friends, Karl Rove said yesterday that the storm is turning out to be the October Surprise. I now await the foaming mouth types to attack Karl Rove. Everyone hold your breath.

• James E.November 03, 2012 - 11:57 am

Again, not germane to Chuck Norris, but have you noticed that the foaming mouth types, when they try to speak about the military, always have to check with veterans for their military position. Unnamed veterans who may or may not exist. It must be sad to want to appear manly when they have no basis to do so. And, before I get attacked by some of my Tea/Republican friends, no need because I don't see you as a foaming mouth type. There are only a few that meet this description.

Goodbye LUPPU, hello LRPU

By Chris Daley | From Page: A1, 4 Comments

Past due state taxes bring arrest

By Cole Mayer | From Page: A1, 8 Comments

Sanford trial: Prosecution, defense rest

Woman, dog back from Oso

By Wendy Schultz | From Page: A1, 8 Comments | Gallery

DA candidate to remain on ballot

Dog talk with Uncle Matty: Benji and the Bickersons

By Matthew Margolis | From Page: A10

CPCSD seat unfilled

Lew Uhler backs Ranalli

By News Release | From Page: A14, 6 Comments

Evacuation

District 4 candidate

Open meetings

Volunteers and homeless camps

Bicycle events and traffic control

Jennings wins national title

By Democrat Staff | From Page: A11, 1 Comment | Gallery

Savannah Stephens can swing the bat

King of the West roars into Placerville

First and goal: Bunt etiquette

By Mike Bush | From Page: A11

Oak Ridge suffers tough 2-1 setback

By Mike Bush | From Page: A11

Roundup: April 17, 2014

Plantastic sale this Saturday

Spring art brightens government center

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B2 | Gallery

Things to do: April 18, 2014

By Democrat Calendar | From Page: B2

Time out: A grand time at Grand China

By Earle Camembert | From Page: B3 | Gallery

Temple Kol Shalom hosts Passover Seder

By News Release | From Page: B3

Student art featured for Third Saturday

By News Release | From Page: B3

Promenade in high style

By Historic Old Sacramento | From Page: B4

Sac State Presents ‘Gypsy’

By California State Unversity, Sacramento | From Page: B4

Friday nights are engaging at the de Young

By Fine Arts | From Page: B5

Hats On For the Kids raises money for children

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B6

See what is inside the vault

By Center For Sacramento History | From Page: B6

Eggstravaganza

By Fairytale Town | From Page: B6

Gallery tips a hat to Dr. Seuss

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B7

Museum presents ‘Diesel Days’

By California State Railroad Museum | From Page: B7

Engagement: Adam Frega and Wednesday Bienusa

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B8

Duty: Air Force Airman Brian Polk

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B8

Cal Stage presents a season of challenging productions

By California Stage | From Page: B8

Duty: Army Pfc. Kyle W. Beasy

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B8

KVIE calls for artists

By Kvie | From Page: B9

A Couple of Blaguards tell tales

By Harris Center for the Arts | From Page: B9

America’s ClayFest II celebrates a rich history

By Blue Line Arts | From Page: B14

Fine Arts Museums feature two shows

By Fine Arts | From Page: B15

See wildflowers on train ride

By Railtown | From Page: B15

Easter at Northstar is family friendly

By Northstar California | From Page: B15