Friday, April 18, 2014

Chuck Norris: Resolve to conquer or die

From page A4 | January 04, 2013 | 41 Comments

When President Barack Obama was reelected, the winds waned behind many patriots’ ships’ sails. My wife, Gena, and I felt that sock in the gut for our country and posterity, too. But instead of cowering in defeat, I believe we need to discard conventional (unsuccessful) strategies and advance in new directions.

The future of our country is going to hinge not upon the Republican Party’s reinvention (as so many think) but upon each of us patriots asking what isn’t working about our approach and modifying our attacks for greater impact in the culture and political wars. You don’t fight and win unconventional wars with conventional weapons; that’s why we lost in November.

The majority voted to continue to be pelted from within the U.S. by the Obama administration and from without by the United Nations’ rogue usurpation of Americans’ rights. In the past six months alone, the Obama administration has teamed up with the U.N. to enforce Internet intrusions, clamp down on gun rights, further regulate the airline industry, utilize billions of U.S. taxpayer dollars to expand U.N. global warming control and expand global abortion. And who can forget the proliferation of Agenda 21 and growth of Interpol to enforce its new international law?

Will the next four years of Obama intensify the secular progressive assault against our republic and your freedoms? Without a doubt! Read “Fool Me Twice,” by Aaron Klein, for a preview of the bombardment, or watch the insightful and compelling documentary “The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment,” which foretells America’s future.

The big question is: Will the next four years result in the fundamental transformation of the U.S.? The answer to that is: Only if we let it. Freedom is lost not by a single election but by surrendering to everyday assaults on our liberties.

In the Revolutionary War, Gen. George Washington faced blistering and humiliating setbacks. One of them was in the Battle of Long Island. Even with the inspiration of the signing of the Declaration of Independence at his back, on Aug. 27, 1776, British forces under the experienced general Sir William Howe routed the American Army. Defeat was never nearer. The end seemed near.

According to HistoryNet.com, “General George Washington knew he had badly miscalculated.”
But as you know, the difference between a good leader and a great one is his ability to learn from his failures and miscalculations and recalibrate for victory.

As a world-class fighter, I learned a long time ago that it isn’t going down that creates defeat; it’s staying down and sticking to the same ol’ tactics that guarantee future loss. As the adage goes, if you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always be where you’ve always been.

When Washington was cornered by the British and faced what appeared to be impending doom, he stayed the course but almost always revamped his strategies.

What Washington wrote to the Continental Army before the Battle of Long Island should be inscribed on every patriot’s wall now, given November’s defeat: “The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their Houses, and Farms, are to be pillaged and destroyed. … The fate of unborn Millions will now depend, under God, on the Courage and Conduct of this army. … We have therefore to resolve to conquer or die.”

As we walk into 2013, Gena and I have been asking again how we can best be used in the fight for God and country and seeking in particular how the God of our Founding Fathers would have us respond to November’s political mudslide. We believe we know. And part of it means altering our strategies and approach as Washington did.

I’ll say this much: If you don’t see Navy SEALs on the battlefield, don’t assume for a moment that they’re absent from the battle. They merely have gone stealth, underground (or underwater!), cloaked and engaged in covert measures and unconventional methods of warfare.

Washington’s words should be reread at the turn of this new year, especially by anyone who feels that the end is imminent.

Follow Chuck Norris through his official social media sites, on Twitter @chucknorris and Facebook’s “Official Chuck Norris Page.” He blogs at http://chucknorrisnews.blogspot.com. To find out more about Chuck Norris and read features by other Creators Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit the Creators Syndicate Web page at www.creators.com.

Copyright 2013 Chuck Norris
Distributed by Creators.com

• Randy MohrJanuary 04, 2013 - 9:24 am

Someone needs to sit this idiot down and explain to him all about democracy and elections.

• RichardJanuary 04, 2013 - 9:34 am

I wonder if Chuck has set a date for the end of the US of America for y’all who feel that the end is imminent?

• Dink LaneJanuary 04, 2013 - 11:20 am

I love reading this stuff... It's like the old days of comic books.... I'm looking for Henry V leading his troops into France to fight Tyranny!... He's saving us from the Moorish General Othello.... Great Storytelling Chuckers..

• James E.January 04, 2013 - 11:41 am

I will consider Chuck Norris's opinions when he takes off that hideous squirrel pelt on the top of his head. Doesn't he know that bald men can be heroes too? In my past life I worked with Delta Force and Seal Team 6 operatives -- several of them are bald or in advanced stages of balding. Come on Chuck, be a man. Full disclosure: Yes, I am bald and do not wear a squirrel pelt on the top of my head. After all, who do these guys think they are fooling?

• BillJanuary 04, 2013 - 11:54 am

Another dire warning from Chuck Norris: Chuck Norris has offered a dire warning to America, claiming that U.S. citizens face "1,000 years of darkness" if President Obama is reelected for a second term in November."

• Jim RiordanJanuary 04, 2013 - 3:29 pm

Congrats Col. James on your work with Delta and SEAL team 6 operatives, whatever it may have been. The very best of our best. Wanna go fly to breakfast from Cam Pk some Saturday?

• James E.January 04, 2013 - 4:34 pm

Mr. Riordan, I appreciate the offer but when I got out of my aircraft for the last time after a 25 year flying career I said, "Thank you God for not killing me." And, as I want my retirement to be extremely long, I only fly if it's an emergency. There are few emergencies in retired life.

• Jim RiordanJanuary 04, 2013 - 5:19 pm

Col. James . . . . don't ya ever miss being upside down on purpose??

• James E.January 04, 2013 - 6:09 pm

Mr. Riordan, flying upside down under a bridge was always my wish as a First Lieutenant -- but, as you may recall it was a joke saying in our unit -- "Hey, want to go out and fly upside down under a bridge for fun." It's amazing how some young officers live through their early flying lives without killing themselves. I did a couple of things I don't want to talk about even though the statute of limitations has passed. Luckily, older aviators learn not to take foolish changes. What do they say? There are bold pilots and old pilots, but no old bold pilots. And, yes, in may day it was impossible to fly a helicopter upside down. However, in some of the new models today it might be possible with rigid rotor heads.

• James E.January 04, 2013 - 6:12 pm

*** my day

• James E.January 04, 2013 - 8:58 pm

*** strike foolish changes, add foolish chances. I really should proofread my stuff.

• John FranciscoJanuary 04, 2013 - 10:30 pm

James, I think you are just being polite. I wouldn't go up with "crash" Riordan either.

• Dave DovichiJanuary 05, 2013 - 9:36 am

LOL! Yes, his piloting prowess is well known.

• Jim RiordanJanuary 05, 2013 - 10:34 am

Francisco and Davichi. For the record NONE of my 3 aircraft acidents had anything to do with piloting skills. None. Anytime you motor mouths wish to experience real flying, I challenge you to an aerobatic contest. Let's see if you really know how to fly instead of mouth fallacies.

• Jesus H ChristJanuary 05, 2013 - 10:43 am

Who put that freeway off ramp in my way?

• Jim RiordanJanuary 05, 2013 - 11:26 am

Hey "J-H-C" you sacrilegious POS, too scared to use your real name, if you had half a brain you could find and read the full FAA report in detail. I wouldn’t take the time to read it to you. My guess is you do not possess the skillset or brains to land an ultralight on a 10,000 ft runway much less land a 15ft 8”aerobatic plane with an engine out in a twenty foot space between cars without hurting anyone. Read it and chew on it idiot.

• Gerry HartmanJanuary 05, 2013 - 11:59 am

Anyone who would go flying with someone who has had three accidents has a death wish.

• Ron GanatosJanuary 05, 2013 - 12:11 pm

I second that. I have been a passenger on little airplanes many times. Mr. Riordan sounds like someone who cannot manage his anger. You want to be sitting next to a pilot who is calm, cool, and deliberate. Not a hothead egomaniac.

• Jim RiordanJanuary 05, 2013 - 12:50 pm

Mr. Hartman and Mr. Ganatos. Thanks for using your real names. Sirs, I have no problem with anger management but little time for fools. Having been there and done that, I would rather be sitting next to a pilot who is calm, cool (in the sense of concentrating rather than screaming), SKILLED, deliberate and EXPERIENCED enough to know his capabilities, those of his aircraft and a FEEL for what is about to happen, which can only come from the experience of going through it. There is no easy way to “practice” what you are about to face. I have had to take the controls away from high time pilots who FROZE in emergencies several times in my 40 plus years of aviation, to save all souls on board. I would gladly take either of you guys for a safe flight . . . with a guarantee . . We won’t crash . . and heck, if we did . . I would be glad to take you for another one. (;>)

• just sayinJanuary 05, 2013 - 1:15 pm

Ron Ganatos a real person - hah!

• Ron GanatosJanuary 05, 2013 - 2:26 pm

"Just sayin" a real person, hah!

• just sayinJanuary 05, 2013 - 2:51 pm

you're quik on the uptake, boy

• Phil VeerkampJanuary 05, 2013 - 2:56 pm

Riordan, I'll fly with you any time. I survived some pretty plakey warrant officers 45 years ago. When time's up timesup.

• Phil VeerkampJanuary 05, 2013 - 3:05 pm

- flakey

• James E.January 05, 2013 - 3:54 pm

Phil, I think you mean when's SE and TO? SE: Start engines, TO: Take off. As example, I used to write SE: 0545, TO: 0600 on my hand in ink. Several years after I returned from Vietnam I saw an old Life Magazine from WWII and there was a fighter pilot on the front cover with SE and TO times written on his hand in ink. So, appears I was not to the first to do so.

• James E.January 05, 2013 - 4:01 pm

Phil, 45 years ago would be 1968. In those days the Army had great need for pilots so the standards dropped -- If he could count to ten and not get confused he graduated from flight school. I had several flaky WOs in my unit, but I have to say the great majority was valorous aviators who were a credit to the United States. The flaky ones would have never gotten their wings in normal times.

• Jim RiordanJanuary 05, 2013 - 5:01 pm

Thanks Phil. We usually are wheels up at 9am every saturday, with 3 to 12 other planes . . love to have you . .

• Phil VeerkampJanuary 05, 2013 - 6:00 pm

James, actually one of the flakiest was a captain. We were flying back from the “battle of Grafenwöhr” to join the “battle of Göppingen”. He was under the hood getting his IR time. We snaked our way the whole way. Something about the hood that had this guy totally buffaloed. Also, this dude COULD NOT autorotate. I got new skids.

• James E.January 05, 2013 - 8:19 pm

Phil, indeed there were some flaky commissioned officers. In those years there were some officers who did not have IFR ratings. He may have been one and that would explain his trouble practicing with a hood, or perhaps he used a hood only once a year on his annual checkride so he was less than proficient, or he was just a doofus and dangerous to be around. As for him not being too good autorating, unless they were practiced a lot they could be rough. I was an instructor pilot so I got a bunch in every month, but was frequently scared to death when those getting checkrides did them. As the instructor pilot, I was responsible if we crashed during autoration and there were times that I had to grab the controls at the last moment. And, if the autoration was so bad the skids had to be replaced, in the end it was the instructor pilot who was at fault. There are some pilots that are less than "good." I knew a CIA pilot who would land at an area where refueling was available and consistently forget to refuel. Who forgets to refuel when one has the chance? Pilots who have a death wish? Phil, you had to ride in the back and depend on others. Be thankful you are alive.

• cookie65January 06, 2013 - 6:45 am

Chuck Norris is like a stick in a beehive for liberals. He brings them out from under their collective rocks nearly as effectively as Sarah Palin. It is truly hysterical to witness the onslaught of mental breakdown he iniates at the mere mention of his name. The subject, topic, point of view, opinion, argument or thoughts make no difference. He must be scorned and ridiculed without hesitation. It is as if everyone of you have read Alinsky's Rules for Radicals or at least trained by its teaching perhaps without even knowing it.

• cookie65January 06, 2013 - 6:57 am

Mr. Riordan, does that ride come with a parachute? I am looking into flying lessons this summer just so I can get a bird's eye view of how much the flatlanders have invaded and how much of the open country has been taken over by the wino yuppies who complain that we are intruding on the wildlife.

• EvelynJanuary 06, 2013 - 8:42 am

"Chuck Norris Commits Plagiarism In His Column All the Time" ********** http://tinyurl.com/5wgazaf

• EvelynJanuary 06, 2013 - 8:43 am

Asking myself “Who pays Chuck Norris?” I discovered JUST THE FACTS @ Cracked.com: • Apple pays Chuck Norris 99 cents every time he listens to a song. • Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants. • Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits. • Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming Law & Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs. • Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice. • Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door. • It takes Chuck Norris 20 minutes to watch 60 Minutes. • Chuck Norris once ate an entire bottle of sleeping pills. They made him blink. • Chuck Norris created fire by rubbing two ice cubes together. • Chuck Norris makes onions cry.

• EvelynJanuary 06, 2013 - 8:50 am

Misplacing my baptismal copy of Alinsky's Rules for Radicals creates in me severe bouts of separation anxiety.

• Jim RiordanJanuary 06, 2013 - 11:55 am

Cookie, we would be glad to have you join us and show you some of the local growth areas. We make it a point as a group to try to give rides as we can. We attempt to fly every Sat Am, weather permitting. You would not get a parachute though. Civilian standard- configured small aircraft would be rather difficult or impossible to get out of anyway. Civilian “jump planes” use “in-flight doors” that swing up against the wing, or have no side door at all so they are easy to exit without catching a harness or ripcord on the way out. Plus you would want to go through a jump school such as Lodi to get certified first anyway. Many folks who would attempt a first jump without a "static line" would never get the chute open in time anyway. I highly recommend Skydiving for fun. My wife and I used to jump together years ago before our son was born. One of our flying group pilots is a world class exhibition skydiver and national accuracy champion. I might suggest Placerville Aviation at Placerville airport for an introductory lesson to see if you might like it. Bet you will! On our weekend flights , we fly out of Cameron Park Airpark.

• NancyJanuary 06, 2013 - 12:04 pm

I'm done with politics. Fighting the UN, our President or any other form of current government is a waste of time, IMO. What is happening in the world today was prophesied in the Bible as signs of Christ's return. One can ridicule it, deny it, curse it, or accept and acknowledge it. The day is coming when it will be a dangerous thing to be a Christian. This will be supported by vitriolic comments in response to this post. The fact is He is coming. Be ready.

• Foamie Mouth®January 06, 2013 - 12:16 pm

eyeeeee have arriiiiiiiived

• HannitownJanuary 06, 2013 - 3:00 pm

HE is coming! Bring a hanky.

• Ken SteersJanuary 06, 2013 - 3:12 pm

Jim, on a serious note I need a pilot and plane out of CP airport to shuttle up up and down the state a few times a month. Do you know anyone?

• Foamie Mouth®January 06, 2013 - 3:32 pm

eyeeeee am already here

• Jim RiordanJanuary 06, 2013 - 4:26 pm

Ken, there is a plane for every purpose, just need to know details and I will help ya find someone . . . Questions would be: How far are you going in one day, do you want to return same day, do you need to take others? This will determine if a small single engine will do or if you need a bigger 182 or 206/210 or a twin (ouch! on the fuel for a twin, but faster ) Gimme a call tomorrow if you like.

Goodbye LUPPU, hello LRPU

By Chris Daley | From Page: A1, 3 Comments

Past due state taxes bring arrest

By Cole Mayer | From Page: A1, 8 Comments

Sanford trial: Prosecution, defense rest

Woman, dog back from Oso

By Wendy Schultz | From Page: A1, 8 Comments | Gallery

DA candidate to remain on ballot

Dog talk with Uncle Matty: Benji and the Bickersons

By Matthew Margolis | From Page: A10

CPCSD seat unfilled

Lew Uhler backs Ranalli

By News Release | From Page: A14, 6 Comments

Evacuation

District 4 candidate

Open meetings

Volunteers and homeless camps

Bicycle events and traffic control

Jennings wins national title

By Democrat Staff | From Page: A11, 1 Comment | Gallery

Savannah Stephens can swing the bat

King of the West roars into Placerville

First and goal: Bunt etiquette

By Mike Bush | From Page: A11

Oak Ridge suffers tough 2-1 setback

By Mike Bush | From Page: A11

Roundup: April 17, 2014

Plantastic sale this Saturday

Spring art brightens government center

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B2 | Gallery

Things to do: April 18, 2014

By Democrat Calendar | From Page: B2

Time out: A grand time at Grand China

By Earle Camembert | From Page: B3 | Gallery

Temple Kol Shalom hosts Passover Seder

By News Release | From Page: B3

Student art featured for Third Saturday

By News Release | From Page: B3

Promenade in high style

By Historic Old Sacramento | From Page: B4

Sac State Presents ‘Gypsy’

By California State Unversity, Sacramento | From Page: B4

Friday nights are engaging at the de Young

By Fine Arts | From Page: B5

Hats On For the Kids raises money for children

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B6

See what is inside the vault

By Center For Sacramento History | From Page: B6

Eggstravaganza

By Fairytale Town | From Page: B6

Gallery tips a hat to Dr. Seuss

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B7

Museum presents ‘Diesel Days’

By California State Railroad Museum | From Page: B7

Engagement: Adam Frega and Wednesday Bienusa

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B8

Duty: Air Force Airman Brian Polk

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B8

Cal Stage presents a season of challenging productions

By California Stage | From Page: B8

Duty: Army Pfc. Kyle W. Beasy

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B8

KVIE calls for artists

By Kvie | From Page: B9

A Couple of Blaguards tell tales

By Harris Center for the Arts | From Page: B9

America’s ClayFest II celebrates a rich history

By Blue Line Arts | From Page: B14

Fine Arts Museums feature two shows

By Fine Arts | From Page: B15

See wildflowers on train ride

By Railtown | From Page: B15

Easter at Northstar is family friendly

By Northstar California | From Page: B15