Friday, April 18, 2014

Lead bullet ban loony

From page A4 | November 11, 2013 | 71 Comments

With the Democrats controlling a super majority of the California Legislature, this year saw a whole raft of gun laws. Strengthening laws about properly storing guns so children can’t get them unsupervised is about the only law we can find to praise.

It’s unfortunate that fewer children are taught safe gun handling by their parents. Those living in large cities are less likely to be hunters. They are less likely to take hunter safety courses or have the benefit of 4H target shooting and range safety instruction.

That applies to the California legislators. Most don’t understand hunting and fishing. And they sure don’t know what they’re talking about with weapons in general. Witness Senate Bill 374, which proposed to ban any semi-automatic rifle with a detachable magazine. Fortunately Gov. Jerry Brown vetoed that one.

“This ban covers low-capacity rifles that are commonly used for hunting, firearms training and marksmanship practice, as well as some historical and collectible firearms. Moreover, hundreds of thousands of current gun owners would have to register their rifles as assault weapons and would be banned from selling or transferring them in the future,” Brown wrote in his veto message.

Unfortunately he signed the lead ammunition ban. Under the terms of Assembly Bill 711 lead ammunition will be banned by July 1, 2019, but could be banned as soon as July 1, 2015 or any time thereafter.

What is the alternative to lead bullets? Copper. All-copper, non-expanding bullets work well for thick-skinned game such as one finds on an African safari. As noted by Western Outdoor News’ guns and ammo specialist Steve Comus, those same copper bullets don’t work as well on typical North American game. The best bullet for North American game is a copper-jacketed lead bullet.

It should be noted that non-expanding all-copper bullets have an additional property. They are armor-piercing. If the federal government outlaws them, then AB 711 authorizes the director of Fish & Wildlife to suspend the statewide ban on lead ammunition, except in California condor country.

Only copper or steel coated lead bullets provide assurance of bringing down game such as elk or large deer.

There aren’t grizzly bears in this state, but anyone encountering one in a state with grizzlies would want to have a rifle with lead bullets for personal protection. All-copper bullets would not stop a charging grizzly.

The stopping power of lead bullets is the reason AB 711 exempts “authorized government officials or agents.”

AB 711 purports to save the world from lead poisoning. Nobody eats the lead in the game they bring home or bring to a butcher. As noted by Comus, there is more lead in computers than can be found in the wilderness.

“Yes, computers and other electronics use much, much more lead than anything like the firearms industry,” Comus wrote. “Literally the computer industry puts lead in close proximity, indeed even into the hands, of users. Yet I don’t hesitate to tap the keys of my computer to write this response because of any fear of contracting lead poisoning as a result.”

And about condors, Comus noted, “The practice that initially triggered the assumption that bullet fragments were involved in sick condors occurred as a result of a totally uncommon disposal of leaded bullets by government employees in scenarios that simply do not occur in relation to regular hunting. In their efforts to feed condors unnaturally, the government folks actually fed them lead that would not have been there naturally.”

Bill Karr, editor of Western Outdoor News, told the Mountain Democrat, “Personally, my experience with non-lead bullets for big game hunting has been positive on deer, elk and wild pigs, but the bullets definitely do not pack the same punch as lead for clean, quick kills.”

Faced with a charging wild boar, and elk or moose in rut, a hunter would want a lead bullet to make a quick stop. As pointed out by Karr, the object is a clean, quick kill. No hunter wants a wounded animal running 10 or 20 miles through the brush.

The lead bullet ban is just another loony law from a far-left Legislature that doesn’t have any balance to it.

Mountain Democrat

• R.j. CarterNovember 08, 2013 - 7:44 am

Now its lead bullets, seems with each new day comes new gun law.....The same administration that is so concerned about guns and U.S. citizens having lead bullets was never concerned when it handed over 2,000 weapons and ammo to bloodthirsty Mexican Drug Cartels at the Arizona border....Instead, this administration's only concern is quietly neutering our Nation's citizens and erasing the 2nd Amendment one small unnoticeable step at the time....If we lay down and succumb to any type gun or bullet control (or excessive tax) is to lose more of your freedoms as a citizen living under a constitution that is constantly under siege by liberals...I'm now convinced the only way to preserve our Constitution and survive Liberalism is that leftist ideology can't just be merely suppressed, instead it must be crushed from existence and swept from America's shores...Molôn Labé! ...That's my thought's for this morning, maybe I'll feel better after I've had my coffee.....

• vernNovember 12, 2013 - 7:51 am

I feel that California's leadership as well as the leadership of the other thirty states that regulate lead ammunition should be recalled. Governor Brown is just wrong when he said: "Lead poses a danger to wildlife. This danger has been known for a long time. Since 2007, California has prohibited it in the eight counties within the condor range. In fact, at least thirty other states regulate lead ammunition in some manner." Or is Governor Brown right? A local example could be: The Sheriffs long time pistol range where hundreds of millions of lead rounds of been expended on the banks of the upper Weber Creek. Makes me wonder why an otherwise perfectly healthy local creek that run all year has nothing but mosquito lava in it.......

• 1036-FrankNovember 08, 2013 - 8:12 am

Typical liberal irrational laws imposed upon rural counties with no support of the people and no vote and who will be ordered to enforce this? Will they start having lead check points? Every year hundreds of new laws are passed by inner-city liberals imposing values from the Bay unwanted outside the Bay, like forcing trans-gender bathrooms on school kids and next year will see more. This lead law which starts in 2019 applies only when "hunting" so I can see many people will not be out "hunting" anymore, they will be target shooting and "testing" their sights and checking their powder. There should certainly be a vote of every rural BOS to join Modoc and Siskiyou counties in forming a new state and then the liberals can finally have their own trans-gender and non-lead state to the south.

• VernNovember 12, 2013 - 8:24 am

Anyone who has been following the lead ban effort in CA knows that the "proof" that lead ammo was the cause of the deaths of CA Condors is based on several "studies" by persons affiliated with the Peregrine Fund,the Condor recovery program, and the Center for Biologic Diversity. Attempts to get these "researchers to release the details of their 'studies' failed-something about some of them being employed by state universities meant that they did not have to release their sources of data etc. to anyone they chose not to.

• VernNovember 12, 2013 - 10:03 am

Teahadist rightwing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups), and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration.

• cookie65November 12, 2013 - 10:19 am

Vern, your post comes from a DHS report from the obama regime. Do you have any original thoughts? What is it about freedom and liberty that terrifies you?

• cookie65November 12, 2013 - 10:22 am

Vern, according to the DHS report that you plagiarized, everyone of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence would be enemies of the state. It is because of people like you that 6 billion people on the planet think freedom is wasted on Americans. You have zero appreciation for just how rare a gift it is.

• Tom GibneyNovember 12, 2013 - 2:54 pm

Sorry I can't resist it...Vern...your a good little useful idiot. The White House could use you helping rollout Obamacare.

• cookie65November 11, 2013 - 6:44 am

How To Impose Tyranny 101. Coming to a community near you.

• Kristy CrowderNovember 11, 2013 - 7:50 am

You three are so right! It's a good way to start my morning, reading comments from truly sane people. Keep up the good info:)

• PattyNovember 11, 2013 - 10:39 am

I get so warm and fuzzy inside when I hear all this talk about guns and slaughtering innocent animals. I know I'm a crazy bleeding heart liberal but the alternative sounds so sick. I'm not sure who the crazies are but I will take my compassion and peace any day over y'all's(Morris is that right?) anger,hatred and violence.

• cookie65November 11, 2013 - 1:07 pm

Patty, in your world do pork chops come from Raley's?

• GoldMinerNovember 11, 2013 - 11:56 am

@Patty, where is all of this "Anger Hatred, and Violence" that you speak of? Funny how animated you Libs get, when you disagree with someone. Let's all get into the sandbox, and start the name calling, huh? If hunting is "Slaughtering" an innocent animal, what do you call abortion?

• down with LibsNovember 11, 2013 - 12:59 pm

GoldMiner ..Be careful.. Patty's a mental. Yesterday she called one guy a "psycho name caller" then an hour later she called an other guy a hypocrite for what seems to be no reasons at all...She is one twisted, tortured little kitty cat...That chick is really out there, but who knows It's a nice day out, so hopefully she's out on a power-walk to clear her head from all those demons....

• PattyNovember 11, 2013 - 1:47 pm

Down with Libs or shall I say R. J. Practice what you preach

• PattyNovember 11, 2013 - 1:52 pm

Oh cookie I'm sure u can buy them at a lot of stores. But I don't. I am a vegetarian. Can you buy Elk and Grizzly Bears at the store too?

• cookie65November 11, 2013 - 3:39 pm

So patty since you don't eat meat you don't want anyone else to? Did you ever learn to mind your own business and let others live as they determine and not how you determine they should? And yes you can buy elk and bear at many stores.

• PattyNovember 11, 2013 - 1:56 pm

Goldminer What I call abortion is a woman's long agonizing right to choose and if you don't want one than don't have one. Simple as that. Just like I choose not to blow the heads off of innocent animals for sport.

• R.j. CarterNovember 11, 2013 - 2:18 pm

Sorry Patty....Been away from my computer because I was at the Veterans Day Memorial service between 10:00-1:00 P.M......(Have around.500 witnesses)....So as it appears your still wrong, you've been wrong for days, and you just can't stop being wrong.....Goods news is you must be getting used to it by now.....Am afraid I'll have to agree with "Down With Lib" in hers/hers assessment of you..

• Tom GibneyNovember 11, 2013 - 2:58 pm

True, It's a woman's right to choose weather she wants to end a life or not. I agree in the case of rape or endangering the mother. But still it is basically taking a life. of course we can debate the Death Penalty too since that is taking a life as well. Personally,I am more for the death penalty than abortion. Give a life a chance, you screw up it's taken back. Pretty elementary really. But why argue over those silly things like ethics :) Abortion rights, gay rights, Mexican rights Asian rights THe right for kids who think they may Transgender to use either bathroom.... I always thought Liberals wanted unity there seems to be more division. The liberal 'logic' has made our society more toxic than a bunch of friggin lead bullets...Amazing! Speaking of Anger, Hatred and Violence, I like how celebrities and liberals hate the NRA so much and want them to die by their own guns or in general how republicans and conservatives and Oh yes the "Tea Party" ( the ones you all love to chastice..for making sense at times) are railed against openly in the media.. But God forbid anybody like Ted Nugent or Rush or Tea Party say anything remotely bad. (Enter Jimmy Falon and guests views on China) And I always thought Reagan was Teflon...you guys and your Obama take the cake!

• Kristy CrowderNovember 11, 2013 - 3:22 pm

Patty, those are your rights and decisions by law, whether I agree with it or not. But why can't you lib types leave those of us alone who don't agree with you, and stop trying to take our rights away? If you don't like what someone does, then don't do it. Rights and opinions are suppose to work both ways, not just your way..... And, yes the law says you can have an abortion, but why do I have to pay for it? You are right, if I don't believe in it, I won't get one. And, the stupid lead ammunition law goes right along with the morons who authored it and the king of morons who signed it, they have no clue what they are doing or talking about. If you don't want to eat meat, or hunt, don't do it, but leave the ones that do alone!!

• PattyNovember 11, 2013 - 2:37 pm

R.J. Can I have their phone #'s. Your witnesses that is.

• GoldMinerNovember 11, 2013 - 3:08 pm

So, going hunting, and shooting and killing an animal is slaughter, but killing an innocent unborn child is "CHOICE"? How warm and fuzzy you can make something sound, when it happens to be your position. Have a nice day Patty!

• cookie65November 11, 2013 - 5:53 pm

Patty, you cause me to offer yet another cookieism. You are not a vegetarian. You are an omnivore. You were born an omnivore and you will always be one.

• PattyNovember 11, 2013 - 10:22 pm

first of all cookie I did not say I want u to stop eating meat. I said I choose not to. And you can hunt and eat all the meat you want I did not say I was trying to take it away from you. (don't put words in my mouth) And Kristy I hear lots and lots and lots of you conservatives trying to take a woman's right to choose away. And honey that is a law also so why cant you just leave it alone if you don't agree with it. Like you said it goes both ways. And I haven't had one so you sure as hell haven't paid for it.

• Kristy CrowderNovember 12, 2013 - 8:38 am

Patty, I believe I did acknowledge abortion being a law and a right. I did not infer that you had one. I don't know you. I thought the subject was talking "in general". And even tho I don't agree with abortion as birth control, laziness or another welfare check, there are instances where I think there could be a reason for one. But, me and anyone who agrees with abortion or against, is not the the ultimate judge. But, I do believe strongly, that the "people" who are against it should not have to pay for it out of their tax monies. Anymore than someone who doesn't want to own a gun, hunt or eat meat, should have to pay for my gun, hunting right, or what ever I want to eat!

• Sean OnneryNovember 12, 2013 - 8:45 am

Yippee, we don't have to pay for Kristy's gun and food.

• Kristy CrowderNovember 12, 2013 - 8:54 am

And you never did or will:)

• Phil VeerkampNovember 11, 2013 - 10:51 pm

Patty, conservatives do NOT infringe on your right to choose between paper or plastic, Coke or Pepsi, romaine or iceberg . . . north or south . . . democrat or republican. But conservatives are rightly reticent in granting you the franchise in determining life and death.

• Kristy CrowderNovember 12, 2013 - 8:26 am

Phil, you say it so much better than I can. I just seem to bring out the worst in Patty.

• cookie65November 12, 2013 - 5:41 am

Patty, imagine landing on planet earth and discovering a large portion of the population being demonized for defending the right to life. And those doing the demonizing claiming to be the more compassionate. You would know immediately that leftism is a mental illness.

• cookie65November 12, 2013 - 6:47 am

• PatriceNovember 12, 2013 - 11:17 am

Mirror, mirror, on my wall, who is the most narcissistic of us all? Words always reflect back to the sayer.

• PattyNovember 12, 2013 - 11:49 am

All u conservatives worried about fetuses. I sure didn't hear anyone compalining when they were killing babies in the Middle East. That is why I continue to use the word hypocrisy when it comes to the right.

• Tom GibneyNovember 12, 2013 - 12:31 pm

Patty, you seriously haven't a grasp on what has transpired in the middle east have you? I had an employee a few years ago when I managed a lube shop, who did two tours in Afghanistan and Iraq. He has serious PTSD issues and such now. Why? Because he was confronted by a child with AK shooting at him. He has children of his own. He had to shoot the child, a 12 year old. That 12 year old was one of many. My employee was one of many as well. Now lets take into account how the Muslims treat their women over there(and here I might add.) Denigrated, raped, abused. Forced to obey strict adherence to the Muslim mans rule. If you get a chance to talk to some of these men and women who return from there. You might learn something and be grateful you have the right to complain in a public forum. In CHina or Russia ou get sent to a dark hole somewhere. The middle east..they cut your head off , and that's nice. I will not deny that children were probably killed from some of our bombs. Then again how many children have been killed from , suicide bombers, terrorist acts in the US and around the world by people of fanatical Muslim faith? War is an evil thing. If you want to go deep into it let us consider the billions of dollars sent to the middle east to help these country's who spew hate at us and attempt to kill us. You wouldn't last a week there. So spare me, and many others your outrage. Now about those pesky guns and bullets...realistically, there are many accounts of people defending their homes and themselves before any cop could arrive. There are many people who live off the food they hunt. Be careful what you wish for ...For asking nicely for someone to stop hurting you (Or a bear to leave you alone) doesn't always work....Kumbaya

• cookie65November 12, 2013 - 3:45 pm

Tom Gibney, Golda Meir said it best, “Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us.” (Statement to the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., 1957)

• PattyNovember 12, 2013 - 11:58 am

Even though cookie referref to the earth i have a feeling dhe is much more concerned about little american fetudes than little muslim babies. actually i think u all probably are

• PattyNovember 12, 2013 - 12:59 pm

BTW u conservatives also want to make sure every fetus is born regardless of the circumstances. But Ill be damned. you also want to stop every program that might afford that child with a healthy life. Again hypocrisy

• Courtney StoddenNovember 12, 2013 - 1:18 pm

Thank you Patty. I so appreciate u r 4 us girls. Sometimes mistakes happen. ♡♥ ♡♥ ♡♥

• Kristy CrowderNovember 12, 2013 - 4:46 pm

Courtney, if and when that "mistake" happens, then raise it or adopt it out to a loving family who can't wait to have a mistake. Why kill your mistake? It really is a human. You "libs" seem more concerned over the killing of animals for food, than the killing of babies for your "mistake". And I have known many of "u gurlz" who use abortion as birth control, not just to correct a "mistake". But, as I said earlier, I am not the one you will have to answer to in the long run. And I know where all those mistakes go, and you probably won't go there, you have your own place.

• Birds of a FeatherNovember 12, 2013 - 7:24 pm

@Kristy CrowderNovember 12, 2013 - 4:46 pm "And I have known many of "u gurlz" who use abortion as birth control, not just to correct a "mistake"" ..... Nice crowd you run with.

• Kristy CrowderNovember 12, 2013 - 9:23 pm

Hey bird brain, never said I ran with them, just knew of them. I know of several libs, I don't run with them either.

• PattyNovember 12, 2013 - 1:24 pm

Courtney you dont need to worry about pregnancy. Im sure men cant get past those knockers.

• Phil VeerkampNovember 12, 2013 - 2:30 pm

How appropriate! . . . On a lead bullet thread Patty is catty with Courtney over her pearly handled 38s. . . . You go, gurlz!

• Courtney StoddenNovember 12, 2013 - 3:03 pm

Thirty eights!!! - Courtney Stodden squeezes her new breasts into a tiny swimsuit to do cartwheels on the beach - Double Ds, hon dear . . . HERE

• Tom GibneyNovember 12, 2013 - 2:59 pm

Well, now we know what part of the anatomy that intellect comes from...

• Kristy CrowderNovember 12, 2013 - 4:54 pm

Tom, when one's bra size is larger than one's I.Q., it seems to be very hard to think:)!

• Courtney StoddenNovember 12, 2013 - 5:15 pm

Kristy, hon. You do know that I'm not really Courtney Stodden? I'm Morris in drag.

• Kristy CrowderNovember 12, 2013 - 7:17 pm

Morris, Duh!!! But if the bra fits, wear it:)

• Courtney StoddenNovember 12, 2013 - 1:25 pm

Patty, when Morris breaks your ♥ call me. ♡♥♡ Courtney.

• PattyNovember 12, 2013 - 1:36 pm

Cortney If Morris shall have me I will stay until death do us part. I am in love with his heart ,his brain, and his southern droll. I sincerely doubt it would ever end!

• PattyNovember 12, 2013 - 1:39 pm

Sorry about my letters Im on my break and using a cell phone is hard to posr

• cookie65November 12, 2013 - 3:50 pm

More like his leftist drool.

• cookie65November 12, 2013 - 3:57 pm

Patty, your account of what conservatives want is exactly what the people who do your thinking for you have trained you to believe. The isn't any better example of the lefts lemmings unwilling to do any of their own thinking. The reason you hate conservatism is the people who want you to have told you what to believe about it. It is known as being led to a conclusion. And it can only happen to a useful idiot. It is no different than believing gossip.

• Keeping it RealNovember 12, 2013 - 5:56 pm

"Kristy CrowderNovember 12, 2013 - 8:38 am "And even tho I don't agree with abortion as birth control, laziness or another welfare check", Hmmmm... Like the ones you and your two kids sucked up? Kristy CrowderNovember 11, 2013 - 3:22 pm "And, yes the law says you can have an abortion, but why do I have to pay for it"- nor did I want to pay for YOUR welfare nor pay for your kids schooling either

• Tom GibneyNovember 12, 2013 - 7:09 pm

Hmmm, Lets see it (Abortion)is mandated in Obamacare... (Screw the Catholics they have to pay for it basically is what Obama said)Taxes raised to pay for said (fail) Obamacare So.. hmm... ya!? Why should she or anybody who does not support Abortion have to pay for it? So many groups, companies and politicians are EXCEMPT from Obamacare..so she has a point. It must irk LIberals that their Tax dollars even pay for Police and Military who use guns with GASP! lead Bullets! Dear God you libs are entertainment!

• Kristy CrowderNovember 12, 2013 - 7:33 pm

But I thought all you "lib" types loved to take care of the less fortunate via the welfare system. Must really piss you off, that I was only on it for 6 mos. and worked those whole 6 mos. in a job training program with enough income that I didn't even qualify for food stamps, so I think I did what the system was intended for and paid enough taxes in to it for 35 years, (and I still pay taxes out of my retirement check) to at least help 1 small family, like I was, so I don't know what your big compassionate, generous, lets take care of the less fortunate, big problem is with me. I am why the system can work. But, the key word is "work" not a life time of scamming and ripping off the system. Or giving it to people who aren't even here legally.

• Kristy CrowderNovember 12, 2013 - 7:45 pm

Keeping it real, there is something really wrong with you. Where did you pay for only my kids go to school. We all pay for all of them to go to school. Even those who don't have any children. I was married for 11 years and my kids were not mistakes, my marriage was a mistake, like over half of all marriages, but if I had gotten pregnant mistakenly, I would not have had an abortion, by my choice. I don't understand why you are so miserable about my opinion or right to the choices I made when you are so obsessed with the "lib" ideals. Only one way I guess.

• GymnogypsNovember 12, 2013 - 6:19 pm

California Humans: 37,253,956 California Condors: 127-thanks to the bleeding heart, tree huggin Libs, otherwise they would be extinct If lead is so great you eat it.

• Tom GibneyNovember 12, 2013 - 6:41 pm

Really..??? That's funny! Just like Karen Shambachs red/ yellow/ multi colored legged frog that is supposed to habitat the El dorado forest ...except it is more indigenous to the coastal ranges. You enviro zealots always pushing the envelope for your needs... Shut up and sit down moron. YOu and your EPA have done more damage than good now since your all becoming rabid little NIMBYS.

• CondorgateNovember 12, 2013 - 7:29 pm

Ya mean the EPA that Nixon started?

• Tom GibneyNovember 12, 2013 - 7:39 pm

Is there any other? It seemed a good idea at the time but thanks to the Democratic liberals it is rather fascistic now. Enviro-zealotry is out of control. So please, don't try to pull that "Oh but a conservative started it" crap. Nixon was an idiot. Most of the people running the EPA are idiots as well because they just want money from the SIerra club and REI and such. Lobbyist: making a better America! Fugetaboutit!

• Charlie BrownNovember 12, 2013 - 9:20 pm

gymnogyps, I thought condors were meat eating scavengers. If they are so stupid to eat enough lead shot to kill themselves, maybe they will just have to go by the way of dinosaurs....Some things do just go extinct, for whatever reason, kind of like the globe has been warming for millions of years, long before mankind ever lived.

• Dee#1November 12, 2013 - 6:22 pm

Ladies, ladies, please, just a little decorum please. And Phil, stop salivating over 38's, hardly gentlemanly.

• James E.November 12, 2013 - 6:29 pm

Dee, I have never understood the big breast thing. What's wrong with normal breasts?

• Dee#1November 12, 2013 - 6:33 pm

James, are we talking? If so, don't ask me, I blame Hugh Hefner.

• James E.November 12, 2013 - 6:35 pm

Dee, yes, we are talking. We just have to stay away from politics. You know, some wives are Democrat and their husbands Republicans. If they can do it, we can do it.

• Dee#1November 12, 2013 - 6:56 pm

Good choice, except in my family Dad was R, Mom D. However she becam more R as time went on. The other half says it was Howard Hughs. He is reading a mystery that is covering the subject. Enquiring minds want to know.

• James E.November 12, 2013 - 7:12 pm

Dee, my sister-in-law entered her marriage as a Democrat, with her husband a Republican. Over the years he wore her down. She is now a Republican light.

• cookie65November 12, 2013 - 7:24 pm

Here is an example of how the loonatic left takes advantage of the useful idiots. think progress posted a picture with a fake story to make gun rights supports look confrontational and threatening. You have to be stupid to be a leftist. There really isn't a nicer way to say it. http://www.ijreview.com/2013/11/93596-thinkprogress-posts-deceptive-picture-to-make-gun-rights-activists-appear-threatening/

• It's All About MeNovember 13, 2013 - 7:47 am

Kristy says: I am why the system can work.

Goodbye LUPPU, hello LRPU

By Chris Daley | From Page: A1, 4 Comments

Past due state taxes bring arrest

By Cole Mayer | From Page: A1, 8 Comments

Sanford trial: Prosecution, defense rest

Woman, dog back from Oso

By Wendy Schultz | From Page: A1, 8 Comments | Gallery

DA candidate to remain on ballot

Dog talk with Uncle Matty: Benji and the Bickersons

By Matthew Margolis | From Page: A10

CPCSD seat unfilled

Lew Uhler backs Ranalli

By News Release | From Page: A14, 6 Comments

District 4 candidate

Open meetings

Volunteers and homeless camps

Bicycle events and traffic control

Evacuation

Savannah Stephens can swing the bat

King of the West roars into Placerville

First and goal: Bunt etiquette

By Mike Bush | From Page: A11

Oak Ridge suffers tough 2-1 setback

By Mike Bush | From Page: A11

Jennings wins national title

By Democrat Staff | From Page: A11, 1 Comment | Gallery

Roundup: April 17, 2014

Plantastic sale this Saturday

Spring art brightens government center

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B2 | Gallery

Things to do: April 18, 2014

By Democrat Calendar | From Page: B2

Time out: A grand time at Grand China

By Earle Camembert | From Page: B3 | Gallery

Temple Kol Shalom hosts Passover Seder

By News Release | From Page: B3

Student art featured for Third Saturday

By News Release | From Page: B3

Promenade in high style

By Historic Old Sacramento | From Page: B4

Sac State Presents ‘Gypsy’

By California State Unversity, Sacramento | From Page: B4

Friday nights are engaging at the de Young

By Fine Arts | From Page: B5

Hats On For the Kids raises money for children

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B6

See what is inside the vault

By Center For Sacramento History | From Page: B6

Eggstravaganza

By Fairytale Town | From Page: B6

Gallery tips a hat to Dr. Seuss

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B7

Museum presents ‘Diesel Days’

By California State Railroad Museum | From Page: B7

Engagement: Adam Frega and Wednesday Bienusa

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B8

Duty: Air Force Airman Brian Polk

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B8

Cal Stage presents a season of challenging productions

By California Stage | From Page: B8

Duty: Army Pfc. Kyle W. Beasy

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B8

KVIE calls for artists

By Kvie | From Page: B9

A Couple of Blaguards tell tales

By Harris Center for the Arts | From Page: B9

America’s ClayFest II celebrates a rich history

By Blue Line Arts | From Page: B14

Fine Arts Museums feature two shows

By Fine Arts | From Page: B15

See wildflowers on train ride

By Railtown | From Page: B15

Easter at Northstar is family friendly

By Northstar California | From Page: B15