Maj. Nidal Hasan, who killed 13 and injured 32 people at Ft. Hood, Texas, is really showing what a crazy jihaddi nutcase he is.
Thank you for reading the MtDemocrat.com digital edition. In order to continue reading this story please choose one of the following options.
If you are a current subscriber and wish to obtain access to MtDemocrat.com, please select the Subscriber Verification option below. If you already have a login, please select "Login" at the lower right corner of this box.
Special Introductory Offer
For a short time we will be offering a discount to those who call us in order to obtain access to MtDemocrat.com and start your print subscription. Our customer support team will be standing by Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm to assist you.
If you are not a current subscriber and wish not to take advantage of our special introductory offer, please select the $12 monthly option below to obtain access to MtDemocrat.com and start your online subscription
Unlike the Obama administration’s categorization of his killing rampage as a case of workplace violence, he is clearly an enemy of America.
He is representing himself in a court martial. He is claiming innocence because he acted in “defense of others.” Those others are the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan and Taliban leaders, including Mullah Omar.
“Former military lawyers said his theory failed to meet the criteria of ‘defense of others’ cases, which require defendants to prove that those they were protecting were victims of unlawful force and faced an immediate threat or danger. The threat to the Taliban was neither immediate nor unlawful, they said,” wrote New York Times reporter Manny Martinez.
Despite representing himself, he complained that he isn’t getting adequate assistance from military defense lawyers.
The lawyers, however, object to his line of defense, saying helping him in that crazy jihaddi “defense” “crosses an ethical line.”
The Army psychiatrist killed these soldiers three years ago. So far there has been nothing but pretrial maneuvering. Jury selection begins July 9 and a trial is set for Aug. 6.
The lawyers, all high-ranking military officers — lieutenant colonels — have tried to withdraw. At last report they have been ordered by the military judge to be on standby. They already succeeded in getting Maj. Hasan an exception from military rule by allowing him to keep his beard.
The trial will be a tense one as the shooter is allowed to cross-examine his surviving shooting victims who will appear as witnesses for the prosecution.
We expect that the judge, Col. Tara A. Osborn, will keep the trial moving along and avoid a lot of nonsense.
There likely will be some kind of appeal. The military should dispose of that in short order and send Hasan to a firing squad without delay.