Friday, April 18, 2014

The weekly Daley: Ted Nugent — a new low in potty-mouth

From page A4 | February 21, 2014 | 157 Comments

If I hadn’t just read it online, I wouldn’t have been able to tell you the title of a Ted Nugent song. “Cat Scratch Fever” apparently is the best known, just not by me. I’m sure I must have heard it back in the day, but I don’t remember anything about it. I also read a sampling of awful things the “aging rocker” (a common descriptive term) has said on occasion. He really is something.

If you’ve just come down from an outer space trip or an out-of-body experience, you may not know that not long ago the “aging rocker” referred to Barack Obama  as “a communist-nurtured subhuman mongrel.” You read it correctly: “a communist-nurtured subhuman mongrel.”

If not the worst thing I’ve ever heard anyone say about someone besides Hitler or Stalin, it’s close. I’m OK with the “communist-nurtured” part. That’s not new or unusual — always a little goofy-sounding these days, but not much of an insult. “Subhuman mongrel” though, now that is nasty. I wouldn’t have put up with hearing anyone say that about George W. Bush, with whom I disagreed on many fronts. Heck, I would have taken that bullet for Richard Nixon, if you can believe it.

Criticize vigorously, chastise vehemently, skewer with wit, lampoon till the cows come home, but don’t call a fellow living being a “subhuman mongrel.”

Newt Gingrich, poster boy for the smarmy politician, in my book, tried to defend Nugent by bad mouthing the “liberal media” for not going after Democrats for lame sayings. Joe Biden, during the 2012 elections, said the Republican would put African Americans back in chains if elected. That was rude, crude and stupid, and he was called on it. But compared to Nugent’s diatribe, no comparison, in my book.

Newt, who was doing his girlfriend (while married) and while he was impeaching Clinton for his peccadilloes, then claimed, “Sure, I did it, but I didn’t lie to Congress” about it, somehow thinks that’s the high ground. I get the political thrust and the political motivation. I don’t get the “holier than thou because you are just as bad, and therefore I’m not bad at all” justification.

You just don’t call the president of your own country a “subhuman mongrel.” Free speech notwithstanding. The guy running for governor of Texas (and for whom Nugent was campaigning) said he doesn’t necessarily agree with or even know “whatever Mr. Nugent might have said in the past.” But he’s glad to have the support of a guy who stands up for the Second Amendment, blah, blah, blah. Translation: “I’m glad to have someone say all the s*** I really want to say but can’t, because I still have to appeal to some people who might be offended if I actually said it.”

It’s despicable. It’s repulsive. It’s incivility at its highest point, and there are those who think it’s OK because “it’s true” or it’s “First Amendment rights” or it’s “what the other guys do.” But it’s not any of that. It’s repugnant. And of course the First Amendment allows it because it’s free speech. I’m totally good with that.

Is it good for the country? I’d have to say no, it isn’t. It’s inflammatory and ugly and the kind of thing that appeals to a certain element of crazies who will then take it out on somebody in an IRS office or a post office or local Farm Bureau. It’s the kind of self-indulgent crap that someone like Ted Nugent can get away with because he’s got big fancy lawyers and lives in a compound and has the First and Second Amendment on his side. And he does have all of that.

Does he have “right” on his side? I have to think not. He can disagree with policies. He can oppose this or that law or ordinance. He can object to any number of things he disagrees with while living in his 300-acre compound. But he can’t and shouldn’t get away with calling the president of the United States a “subhuman mongrel.”

Chris Daley is a staff writer and columnist for the Mountain Democrat. His column appears each Friday.

• cookie65February 21, 2014 - 6:12 am

The most humane of all pursuits and endeavors is individual liberty. It is sub-human to seek to alter, restrict, redefine, impose upon, limit or diminish individual liberty. This country, was founded on individual liberty, with everything emanating from that fundamental and inalienable right. How do you fundamentally transform a country without fundamentally transforming that which it was founded on? Who made the fundamental transformation of this country the central theme to his campaign to be the leader of the free world? How could the fundamental transformation of individual liberty be called anything other than sub-human?

• rickFebruary 21, 2014 - 8:49 am

This must be Napa because I've never seen so many hot air balloons in one locality. LOL.

• cookie65February 21, 2014 - 3:44 pm

Which one isn't true rick?

• rodFebruary 21, 2014 - 11:46 am

Daley, you just don’t get it. Obama is an ILLIGITAMATE president. We should call him whatever we want to. How about calling him a ‘diabolic socialist ideologue intent on fundamental destruction to our economy, our prosperity through chronic lying, deception, manipulating our currency and alienating our allies in a time of nuclear proliferation’? Is that a nicer way to say it? Nugent just said it more succinctly. U should quit with the “moral” highroad crap and save yourself some credibility. No presidential candidate has EVER sealed all his college and passport records to cover up a self-declared “foreign student” status. And how DOES one obtain an Indonesian or British passport to travel to Pakistan in 1981 and still be a US citizen? These questions are not some ‘conspiracy theory’, they are facts. If they were not true, we would see the evidence to the contrary So, you and others on the left are really guilty of far more than Mr. Nugent’s name calling. And Mr. Gingrich is well behind Obama for the prize of “poster boy for the smarmy politician”.

• Dink LaneFebruary 21, 2014 - 12:00 pm

Obama --> Illegitimate? Ha, Ha,..... but McCain and Cruz are.... Ha, Ha,.... I think your 'bigotry' is showing.... Ha, ha,... Either these people say these things "Can't read" or they can't believe a "Black" man could Ever be legitimate..... I think it's a little of both...

• rodFebruary 21, 2014 - 12:09 pm

dink, did I mention anything about color? No, YOU DID. SEE HOW U ARE?

• Dink LaneFebruary 21, 2014 - 12:55 pm

What is different between Obama & McCain to be legitimate? ....... What is different between Obama & Cruz to be legitimate? .......... The people who say Obama is not legitimate can't give anything except "Birth Certificate"...... But the other two don't have US Birth Certificates..... So what is different??? This is where you use your "Inference" skills...

• rodFebruary 21, 2014 - 1:32 pm

That's it, change the subject. Is it possible for you to look at anything objectively? Or do you see EVERYTHING thru the filter of subjective ideology. Using the 'race card' over and over to dodge the truth, by obfuscating and confusing what we all should be focusing on u can claim "still winning", but winning what?

• rodFebruary 21, 2014 - 1:40 pm

McCain and Cruz have not sealed their past. They have not paid million of dollars to attorneys, Like Elaina Kagen to cover their entire past histories, then appoint her a Supreme Court Justice after winning election by fraud. Your comments are so inept.

• Roscoe_P_ColtrainFebruary 22, 2014 - 6:50 pm

Rod, befure you kin post, thar should be a righten test. Rod, ewe mispeled Iligitamate, Git it riyte. It is, now pay close attension, "Illegitimate". Got it? Don't go round aktin like a knukle draggin hick an mayke all us cunserbatives lookin layke we ain't edumakated and gib us a bayed nayme.

• NUGENT CUT FROM FORT KNOX ARMY BASE IN KENTUCKY BASE ANNUAL SUMMER CONCERT...February 22, 2014 - 9:19 am

Go Army; I would like to elect Ted to the El Dorado County Republican Central Committee, all I need is three more votes....

• Chuck HollandFebruary 21, 2014 - 7:32 am

We now know Mr. Daley's opinion on subhuman mongrels, and objections to Mr. Nugent expressing his opinion publicly. However one is to assume Mr. Daley does agree with other parts of Teds opinion that ex-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has “spare scrotum's?”

• Robert D NollFebruary 21, 2014 - 7:55 am

that's nothing compared to what you allow in the comment section

• cookie65February 21, 2014 - 8:16 am

Might I suggest fencepost, moveon or even media matters for the left's version of civil discourse. The left claiming civility is like the beast claiming slick willy was ministering to a troubled young woman.

• James E.February 21, 2014 - 8:16 am

Cookie, please define sub-human and mongrel as it applies to the president. I'm here to learn. And, not how you see him running the country. Bush, Clinton, Carter, Reagan, none of them have been called sub-human mongrels. Tell why it is different with this president.

• cookie65February 21, 2014 - 8:26 am

Where did I use the word mongrel James? Is there some point on sub-human you didn't understand? Slavery is sub-human, is it not James? Why is it sub-human James? It is sub-human because it is the complete denial of individual liberty. It is also sub-human to deny people equal representation. He has a pen and a phone and those duly elected to represent the citizens don't matter.

• James E.February 21, 2014 - 8:33 am

Cookie, educate me -- why is the president sub-human and a mongrel? Or, do you disagree with Ted Nugent? If so, say so.

• You BetFebruary 21, 2014 - 8:34 am

Hey Chris. STFU..

• rickFebruary 21, 2014 - 8:40 am

Whoa. I think "kookie's" opening statement is one of the most tortured rationalizations I've ever encountered. LOL.

• It's MeFebruary 21, 2014 - 9:49 am

Right on, Chris. I don't care what ideology someone has, or whether they disapprove of the current Dem or GOP sitting in the White House, you surely are beyond a potty mouth, but racist and bigoted to make a statement like Nugent did. Yes, he has the right to do so, and that's important. However, I think most reasonable people, regardless of their party, would agree that this was not only classless, but unpatriotic. And for Republicans, do you really want this guy polarizing what people might already think about the GOP? The president will term out, and then if you run a moderate GOP candidate you might have a chance. But I know a lot of Republicans who won't vote republican with the current extremists in power. They would return, however, to a moderate GOP.

• cookie65February 21, 2014 - 3:35 pm

You just explained Reagan winning 46 and 49 states respectively. Because he was a moderate. The left has been selling that nonsense since Christ was a corporal.

• Diva DogFebruary 21, 2014 - 10:27 am

@Mr. Daley. You complain that Nugent called the POTUS a name. So... Why bring up Newt? If you want to be taken seriously, leave out your leftist rants. Stick to the subject. Freedom of speech. Look no further than Kiev, to see what happens when we lose our liberties.

• James E.February 21, 2014 - 10:34 am

Diva, he brought up Newt because Newt defended the offensive statements that the president is an ape/chimp and a mongrel. Diva, do you agree with Newt?

• Diva DogFebruary 21, 2014 - 10:51 am

@James E. There is nothing 'classy' or 'patriotic' about a president who lies. He said we could all keep our health providers. I shall refrain from calling him names. However, 'mongrel' is an insult... to all the hardworking mongrels out there.

• James E.February 21, 2014 - 10:54 am

Diva, so you care not to answer. But, just wanted you to know why Newt was mentioned by Mr. Daley.

• Diva DogFebruary 21, 2014 - 11:02 am

@James E. Thank you.

• James E.February 21, 2014 - 11:03 am

Diva, welcome.

• James E.February 21, 2014 - 11:53 am

The East and West will never meet.

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 21, 2014 - 12:01 pm

James, again we disagree. The East meets the West in the same that the extreme right meets the extreme left and the unfortunate common ground upon which each stands is NWO, Agenda 21, anti-interdependence . . . . and . . . . way down deep . . . the protocols

• James E.February 21, 2014 - 12:06 pm

Christy may be out because of the bridge. Walker may be out because of the eMails. What does that leave? Cruz, Paul, Newt, Noll, Neuman? If the Republicans want to win they had best find a viable candidate (none of those I listed).

• James E.February 21, 2014 - 12:10 pm

Using the 10 minute rule, Neuman didn't show for lunch. His loss.

• Dink LaneFebruary 21, 2014 - 12:14 pm

Diva: I agree........ Obama should be 'Truthful' like Nixon about Watergate.... No, no, ......... He should be 'Truthful' like Reagan about Iran-Contra.... No, not like that either........... He should be 'Truthful' like Bush (Cheney) about WMDs.... and "we know where they are!"..... oops... not like that either .......... Obama's "lie" was that the ACA Bill didn't take your insurance coverage away..... It was the insurance companies who CHOSE to cancel those policies (500,000 policies CHANGED compared to 17 Million NOW have insurance).... ....... You're right Diva..... Obama lied.... because he secretly BOUGHT UP 'Anthem-Blue-Shield' (THE ONLY COMPANY THAT CANCELED) and then had control over the cancellations.... (Where's the documents.... Diva knows there are documents to prove this.).........Obama--> Health insurance..... Bush (Cheney)--> 2 Badly run wars... and bankrupting this country.... You're right Diva.... "There is nothing 'classy' or 'patriotic' about a president who lies"..... I wish you would have said something years ago.... MAYBE we wouldn't have lost so much Blood-and-treasure....

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 21, 2014 - 12:25 pm

BTW, Dink . . . on tangent . . . but . . . SoCal has NOT stashed away three years worth of NoCal water.

• Dink LaneFebruary 21, 2014 - 1:06 pm

Phil........ "MWD currently has no plans to restrict water allocations for at least the next two years, or until 2015."..... [http://www.signaltribunenewspaper.com/?p=22436] ...... That help? (Thanks Pat)

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 21, 2014 - 2:59 pm

Dink, thanks for the article. Metropolitan Water district serves 26 municipalities and nearly 19 million people. Long Beach (your article) has a population of about 1/2 million and according to your article is blessed with an aquifer that supplies 60%. My gut tells me that Long Beach is whistling in the dark. ~~~ LINK - After a bleak snowpack survey in late January, . . . ". . . the state Department of Water Resources issued a zero allocation to State Water Project contractors in 2014, including Metropolitan. If it remains dry and the allocation holds, it will be the first time in the SWP’s 54-year history the state will not allot water. While some cities and water agencies in Southern California have maintained local ordinances since the 2008-2010 drought, Metropolitan’s Water Supply Alert resolution encourages the remaining entities to institute or develop as soon as possible their own ordinances and restrictions.

• Jack MartinFebruary 21, 2014 - 1:21 pm

I do not disagree with Mr Daley's sentiments, but I do find his umbrage rather convenient and naive. I'm guessing he's never ONCE listened to Ed Schultz or Bill Maher.

• James E.February 21, 2014 - 1:29 pm

Mr. Martin, yes, true, I remember when Schultz and Maher called the president an Ape/Chimp and a mongrel. I had almost forgotten that -- thanks for reminding me.

• Jack MartinFebruary 21, 2014 - 1:39 pm

Schultz, Maher, et al, have said similar AND worse things about a HOST of top tier politicians (VP Candidate Palin was the "C" word) who just so happened to not have a (D) after their name. The difference is that Nugent is merely an outspoken, former celebrity. The others are "respected" talk show hosts with syndicated programs.

• Diva DogFebruary 21, 2014 - 1:33 pm

@Dink Lane. I don't care to debate, which politicians have lied. We all know that could go on forever. I care about keeping the government out of my business. This includes telling me how to choose my health coverage. If you are going to revamp the system, do it right. Allow the American people to make their own decisions.

• Dink LaneFebruary 21, 2014 - 2:31 pm

Diva: "telling me how to choose my health coverage" ..... Are you saying you want to go back to where ........ You CANNOT buy health coverage because you have eczema? ....... Blocked is not a "Choice"............. You want to go back to where you CANNOT Choose in Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Arizona's Legislators BLOCKED competition for Employer provided Insurance.... to ONLY one???? Where is the "Choice" in that? ....... You want to go back to where the TAXPAYER -- You and me -- Pay the Emergency-room Health Care plan for the irresponsible? ...... You have CHOICES now... where Insurance lobbyist BLOCKED those choices....

• James E.February 21, 2014 - 1:51 pm

Mr. Martin, which specific commentator called her the C word? But if someone (you will be telling us who) did, at least she is a white human who is 100% pure bred. She's not an ape/chimp and not a mongrel dog (unlike the president).

• James E.February 21, 2014 - 2:03 pm

What we have here is a vile statement from Ted Nugent (nothing new for him). What surprises me is whether you like the president or you hate him, or you just don't care, this is a vile statement that no respectable person would support. But, here today, on this site, Ted has received lots of support. EDC at its finest. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is contaminated.

• Robert D NollFebruary 21, 2014 - 2:45 pm

the proof of the pudding is in the eating

• James E.February 21, 2014 - 2:59 pm

Noll, you should never eat contaminated pudding.

• Robert D NollFebruary 21, 2014 - 3:02 pm

i have to I don't have teeth

• cookie65February 21, 2014 - 4:28 pm

The sub-human conditions of leftist compassion. Equally shared misery. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2564858/Baltimores-people-woods-Inside-hidden-homeless-camps-milk-crates-wooden-doors-tarps-outskirts-town.html

• James E.February 21, 2014 - 6:10 pm

Oh Cookie, Ted has apologized (in his own passive aggressive way) saying his language was inappropriate. Not that he wanted to, but the politician he was supporting was catching billy hell. Note to politicians: Don't bring Ted Nugent on the campaign trail unless you want to catch billy hell. And, note to Cookie: Sub-human is one step down on the evolutionary scale, i.e., human to Apes/Chimps. Write the definition in ink on your hand for future use.

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 21, 2014 - 6:26 pm

Oh James - next question - who is more contrite - Ted for, "a communist-nurtured subhuman mongrel? . . . or . . . POTUS for, "If you like your policy you can keep your policy".

• EvelynFebruary 21, 2014 - 6:31 pm

This "argument" is becoming really really STUPID!!!

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 21, 2014 - 6:32 pm

Hater! - Denier!

• EvelynFebruary 21, 2014 - 6:33 pm

YES YES YES YES YES!!!

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 21, 2014 - 6:34 pm

On topic - - - and besides - - - Chris started it.

• James E.February 21, 2014 - 6:34 pm

Ah, Phil, it would be Ted.

• James E.February 21, 2014 - 6:38 pm

Phil, don't destroy your 'nice' reputation by agreeing with Ted. There is no upside.

• Phil VeerkampFebruary 21, 2014 - 6:39 pm

We agree, James. Good night.

• cookie65February 22, 2014 - 5:51 am

1sub·hu·man adjective \ˌsəb-ˈhyü-mən, -ˈyü-\ : not having or showing the level of kindness, intelligence, etc., that is expected of normal human beings : not suitable for human beings ~~ Merriam-Webster

• cookie65February 22, 2014 - 6:04 am

I can't help but wonder what James' predisposition is towards obama when he associates the word "subhuman" to mean chimp/ape when the definition of the word has no relationship to those things. But hey, we all know the left is anything but obsessed with race. Of course the same applies to Daley. But that's nothing, dinky believes this country was founded on socialist principles. It must be torture being a leftist. How is it even possible to find compromise with delusion?

• cookie65February 22, 2014 - 6:45 am

This is the left's alibi for being sub-human. They don't know what the word means.

• cookie65February 22, 2014 - 6:51 am

Here is the "non" left leaning wiki re-defining it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subhuman

• cookie65February 22, 2014 - 6:56 am

Speaking of redefining, did you see where the wizards running this state are on a mission to redefine history? I realize there isn't anything important to tackle in California so they have lot's of free time on their hands. When do they start burning books? http://www.kcra.com/politics/bill-bans-confederate-flag-sale-on-calif-property/24611552

• cookie65February 22, 2014 - 7:15 am

This is the "non" left leaning wiki on global warming. It is called MEDIA. And the left dominates every form of it (which explains a lot). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

• cookie65February 22, 2014 - 8:15 am

Here is the hard reality of leftist academia and their good for nothing faculty lounge theories on economics. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/feb/21/obamas-stimulus-beginning-drag-economy-down/

• KellyFebruary 22, 2014 - 9:01 am

@Diva Dog I am so tired of you telling people "If you want to be taken seriously" How about If you want to be taken seriously post something that sounds like you have a brain. You are a bore with no debating skills. You are just constantly correcting people and BTW you are not even good at that.

• Diva DogFebruary 22, 2014 - 5:06 pm

@Kelly. Obviously hit a nerve.

• New GuyFebruary 22, 2014 - 5:48 pm

Kelly you seem angry. Eat a snickers you will feel better.

• KellyFebruary 22, 2014 - 9:46 am

@Ted Nugent Yes we have freedom of speech and thank god for that. You are an over the hill musician. You are vile ignorant white trash trying desperately to hold on to some kind of stardom.

• KellyFebruary 22, 2014 - 9:53 am

Rod You can continue to use your argument that the left is always throwing the race card and it is soooooooo untrue..........But again I don't buy it. What else could it be? All your arguments fall way short. Just admit it. It would be so much more respectable.

• Strangle HoldFebruary 22, 2014 - 1:23 pm

Ever wonder why Bill and Hillary only had Chelsea? Because Janet Reno came up imputant...

• OU812February 22, 2014 - 1:29 pm

Anyone ever heard Daily feign disgust when Kanye West went on a rant on National TV concert saying basically George Bush hates black people....no? Me neither

• kggFebruary 22, 2014 - 1:40 pm

those who defend ted nugent have allied themselves with someone who hides behind the flag and his constitutional right to free speech. nugent has apparently taken too many drugs or is mentally ill or both. how sad that some people use this clod as their spokesperson.

• PatriceFebruary 22, 2014 - 3:11 pm

You are so right, kgg. To think some on this sight have rationalized what Nugent said, others total silence. I hear the Army has cancelled one of Nugent's summer concerts....good to hear.

• Living the good lifeFebruary 22, 2014 - 2:36 pm

Ted Nugent is a douche bag pedophile supported by the Tea Party. What does this say about the Tea Party?

• OU812February 22, 2014 - 4:51 pm

Hmm momma always said if you can't take the heat don't go in the kitchen. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/11/09/918894/-George-W-Bush-Interview-Insulting-Ugly-And-Pathetic# Ted Nugent couldn't give a rats ass what you ugly sick liberals think. The Dixie Chicks should of cared what their fans thought. Now where are they? You lefties stick to Springsteen and Bono.

• cookie65February 22, 2014 - 5:38 pm

The previous comments brought to you by the politics of personal destruction. Notice what talking points the lemmings are left with, more guilty of their accusations than Ted Nugent. Alan West said, "the race card is the last card in the deck".

• PatriceFebruary 22, 2014 - 6:47 pm

Again, incorrect. The "race card" as you put it, is not something that has to be played. Pretty obvious racism is alive and well in the USA.

• James E.February 22, 2014 - 5:43 pm

Cookie, please don't join up with the Three Stooges. Those three are more than enough to display ----- (fill in the blank). I was going to say to display the hillbilly element in EDC but, while true, would be unkind. I plead with you. Don't join that group.

• James E.February 22, 2014 - 5:44 pm

Cookie's friends, please counsel her.

• PatriceFebruary 22, 2014 - 6:51 pm

James, seems like you could counsel him, don't you think?

• Crap Scratch FeverFebruary 22, 2014 - 7:03 pm

This is old new anyway, Ted in 2012 called the Obama administration “vile, evil and America-hating” and invited the president to suck on his machine gun. “If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year,” SS loved it. But coming from a pedophille, meth-head, draft dodger , who runs canned hunts, and is a poacher who kills bear at bait sites, who cares what he says?

• Crap Scratch FeverFebruary 22, 2014 - 7:06 pm

old news

• Roscoe_P_ColtrainFebruary 22, 2014 - 7:55 pm

oh-oh, noh yu durned dit it. Xspozed Nuggent fer wat he'z. Peepolz gonna git upsit. Thu biggir tha mouth, thu smallur thu brayne. Nuggent.

• GonzoFebruary 22, 2014 - 7:45 pm

Courtney Love calls Howard Stern, states "Ted Nugent ....................when I was 12 years old" http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/courtney-love-i-gave-ted-nugent-oral-sex-at-age/

• James E.February 22, 2014 - 8:19 pm

Patrice, Cookie is a woman and I do try sometimes.

• Crap Scratch FeverFebruary 22, 2014 - 8:22 pm

James, you did know that pedophile Ted Nugent was also a draft dodger. All by crapping his pants and wearing them for a week. High Times interview 1977. http://planet.infowars.com/activism/ted-nugent-was-no-angel-the-high-times-interview-admits-he-dodged-the-draft-did-meth

• GonzoFebruary 22, 2014 - 8:40 pm

Crap, Sarah Palin posted an endorsement of Mr. Abbott on Facebook, reading, “If he is good enough for Ted Nugent, he is good enough for me!”

• James E.February 22, 2014 - 8:48 pm

Fever, yes, I've known for years. If the Reception Center Commander has been hard core he would have recognized the ploy and told the Sergeant Major to get a couple of NCOs to hose him down and then give him a steel brush shower. Then he could have been inducted and served the nation. With the admonition that if he did the dirty pants trick in basic training, there would be another Sergeant Major with a steel brush. Who knows, he might have gone on and become an authentic hero. Sadly, he did not.

• Crap Scratch FeverFebruary 22, 2014 - 9:05 pm

James, "sub-human"? Nugent must be speaking from experience.

• James E.February 22, 2014 - 9:07 pm

Fever, if he had any class he would have told the Reception Center he had a bad knee (with a shower and clean underwear that morning).

• Crap Scratch FeverFebruary 22, 2014 - 9:27 pm

James, I'm watching "HAIR". Seems fitting. Ted says "And in the mail I got this big juicy 4-F. They’d call dead people before they’d call my a$$. But you know the funny thing about it? I’d make an incredible army man. I’d be a colonel before you knew what hit you, and I’d have the baddest bunch of mother****in’ killers you’d ever seen in my platoon. But I just wasn’t into it. I was too busy doin’ my own thing, you know?”…………………“The men who went should be applauded, but if I would have gone over there, I’d have been killed, or I’d have killed all the hippies in the foxholes . . . I would have killed everybody.”

• KellyFebruary 22, 2014 - 9:38 pm

@Diva Dog didn't hit a nerve just bored with your same old banter.

• James E.February 22, 2014 - 9:57 pm

Hmmm, he would have been a colonel in a platoon (where the platoon leader is a second lieutenant?). And such a killer he would have been. A sad example of a man who exposed his true self. He just wasn't into it and too busy doing his own thing!! And, glad to see that Fort Knox has cancelled his appearance -- he should never be allowed to perform in front of soldiers.

• Robert D NollFebruary 22, 2014 - 10:31 pm

again to chris daley and to all commenters, use filthy language and you expose yourselves as

• James E.February 22, 2014 - 10:44 pm

Noll, define filthy language and give us some examples.

• James E.February 22, 2014 - 10:45 pm

I thought the MD filter caught all filthy language.

• James E.February 22, 2014 - 10:59 pm

Wait, I guess it doesn't if you use * in place of a letter. I would agree with Noll that filthy language is not desirable in our discourse.

• James E.February 22, 2014 - 11:01 pm

Noll having writ, fades into the darkness. And, it's 11PM so I'm going to fade into a cup of hot chocolate. Tomorrow.

• cookie65February 23, 2014 - 4:50 am

Lipstick on a pig??? No outcry from the intolerant left... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58FVeYjHpM8

• cookie65February 23, 2014 - 4:59 am

Even though this is a very short video it offers a trip back in time where Emperor obama lists a number of things hope and change were going to fix, which today, under his mindboggling leadership have never been worse. Of course, according to the left obama is a complete failure because of race. His ideology has nothing to do with it. Even though leftism has consistently produced the same results throughout history. The reason they play the race card so frequently is because none of them are dealing with a full deck. Just read some of their comments on here. Not two brain cells between them.

• Robert D NollFebruary 23, 2014 - 5:11 am

is an opinion the same as a judgement?

• cookie65February 23, 2014 - 5:32 am

The SUBHUMAN left. http://tiny.cc/gxkqbx

• cookie65February 23, 2014 - 5:33 am

SUBHUMAN leftism... http://tiny.cc/eykqbx

• cookie65February 23, 2014 - 5:34 am

SUBHUMAN leftism..... http://tiny.cc/c0kqbx

• cookie65February 23, 2014 - 5:56 am

To whom it may concern. I like my URLs just the way they are. Leave my comments alone.

• cookie65February 23, 2014 - 6:07 am

The pattern of subhuman leftism begins with banning words. Then of course they PROGRESS FOWARD to banning thoughts, opposition, diversity, tolerance, flags, opinions, Christmas, Easter, wealth, charity, independence, truth, you name it the subhuman left will eventually ban it. Like a previous poster suggested, they will take care of us. Perhaps the lowest IQ comment I have seen yet. Amazing how the most intelligent, most informed, most enlightened need the government to take care of them. And all of us who don't know what is good for us don't.

• Eldorado Co.February 23, 2014 - 6:20 am

Has anyone ever noticed how James E., Patrice, Kelly, Dink and all the rest of the propaganda spewing, self-important Obama foot solders on this site, never, ever, attach any factual links to any of the B.S. they spread? It's because there are no fact to back up the cr*p the say. Typical of the Left, all they consist of is opinion, no substance.There only here to argue leftist talking points, get mad, claim victory in their own minds and leave.

• cookie65February 23, 2014 - 7:17 am

Eldo, even the pretense that they could remain mind numbingly stupid with more access to information than any people in the universe is an unparalleled testament to leftist dogmatism. The blind allegiance is staggering. Sheeple. The only thing they don't lack in is condescension.

• Chickenhawk TedFebruary 23, 2014 - 7:24 am

High Times oct 1977, the one with Sid on the cover.........Ted-"See, I approached the whole thing like, Ted Nugent, cool hard-workin’ dude, is gonna wreak havoc on these imbeciles in the armed forces. I’m gonna play their own game, and I’m gonna destroy ‘em. Now my whole body is crusted in poop and piss. I was ill. And three or four days before, I started stayin’ awake. I was close to death, but I was in control. I was extremely antidrug as I’ve always been, but I snorted some crystal methedrine."...............

• cookie65February 23, 2014 - 7:35 am

Do you have anything useful to contribute to current events? We are all familiar with the leftist playbook. http://www.dcdave.com/article3/991228.html

• Chickenhawk TedFebruary 23, 2014 - 7:39 am

I guess you forgot what Ted did in Somerset. Is Sac Bee an acceptable reference? Ted Nugent charged with 11 deer hunting violations in California Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/08/18/99323/ted-nugent-charged-with-11-deer.html#storylink=cpy

• cookie65February 23, 2014 - 7:51 am

Wow!!! That is staaggggeerrrringly important!!~! We have 92 million people OUT of the workforce, 48 million who can't/won't feed themselves, 17,000 billion in debt. And you are so shallow and marshmallow headed and overdosed on koolaid that your priorities are slightly off balance.

• Eldorado Co.February 23, 2014 - 6:22 am

Over the last 5 years Obama has to destroy the 2nd Amendment, everyone knows that. Now Obama is attacking the 1st Amendment. Link http://mariomurilloministries.wordpress.com/2014/02/20/new-obama-initiative-tramples-first-amendment-protections/

• what a dameFebruary 23, 2014 - 9:27 am

Eldorado Co. first lady Mechelle at your mariomurillo.com is a real WOW. If Mario becomes president Mechelle is First Lady WOW WOW WOW

• cookie65February 23, 2014 - 6:27 am

The SUBHUMAN left sound exactly the same no matter what country they are trashing and turning into a pile of rubble. The SUBHUMAN conditions brought on by the SUBHUMAN leftists in Venezuela have their president sounding just like... see if you can guess. "President Nicolas Maduro blamed the international media for distorting the situation in the country and making it seem like it was on the verge of civil war. "You all," he told reporters at a news conference in Caracas on Friday evening, "with your broadcasts to the world, the international media have filled thousands of people with hate, desperation and fear, a dangerous mixture."" I am surprised he didn't blame Bush.

• cookie65February 23, 2014 - 6:43 am

FOWARD.. " Anti-government protests continued in several parts of Venezuela on Friday. Protesters returned to the streets in the capital, Caracas, and the states of Carabobo, Zulia and Tachira, demonstrating against shortages of basic goods, high inflation and high crime levels." The SUBHUMAN left will achieve the same results here in America under the guise of "social contract". In many areas they have already achieved utopia. Useful idiots, every last one of them. If you need the beast to take care of you, you don't even qualify as a useful idiot.

• KellyFebruary 23, 2014 - 8:10 am

Has anyone noticed how the Tea Heads continue to attach links from crazy non factual sights and links which are totally taken out of context because they have nothing else to stand on?

• Eldorado Co.February 23, 2014 - 8:17 am

@Kelly. where's all your links? Crazy non factual or not, do you have any proof of anything you spout? No? Just talking cr*p, that's all you can do? Thought so.

• Mario's Mechelle inkFebruary 23, 2014 - 8:20 am

http://mariomurilloministries.wordpress.com/tag/mario-and-mechelle-murillo-anniversary/ Dear Friend, Today is our wedding anniversary and the day that marks the greatest miracle in the history of this Ministry. My angel Mechelle has come home! Sit with me as I tell you how it happened. 14 years ago, the perfect storm struck our marriage. I brought the stress of success home and took it out on my wife. The devil deluded us with false images of each other. People got between us and destroyed our communication. Though we were deeply in love, we could not swim to the surface. My hard line opened her up to a false prophet. He slowly gained control with “words from the Lord.” I saw how deeply I had failed Mechelle. The scales fell off Mechelle’s eyes. Months later, when I returned from an outreach and she was with Michael, I suggested for the first time that we go out to eat as a family. Our son slyly set a parent trap! At the last moment he said, “You two go out, I want to stay home.” We went out but we were like scared puppies afraid to open up our hearts. We began a courtship. It was just like when we first met. An eternal flame burns within us; our two hearts beat as one.

• Robert D NollFebruary 23, 2014 - 8:32 am

congratulations

• Mario's Mechelle inkFebruary 23, 2014 - 10:03 am

Beloved friends I address you in the name of our first lady Mechelle. Our fourteenth anniversary has come and gone and with your encouragement and continued gifts we may make it to fifteen. By now you know that no gift is too large and all are graciously and humbly received. Everything helps us with our good works. A stamped return address envelope is enclosed for your convenience, or if you prefer use PayPal

• Eldorado Co.February 23, 2014 - 8:25 am

@ Kelly. Just like James E. Only your upside-down leftest personal B.S. opinion, never any facts, links or anything to back it up.

• Chickenhawk TedFebruary 23, 2014 - 9:31 am

How about Teds’ own words? Pedophile VH1's Behind The Music-Ted "Bring 'em Young" Nugent Confesses http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orz0zxH72K4

• Robert D NollFebruary 23, 2014 - 8:26 am

attaching links? how lazy can you get?should have learned to put your thoughts down in your own words in grade school

• New GuyFebruary 23, 2014 - 8:35 am

@Kelly. All you do is criticize everyone who has a different opinion. Discuss the article. Stop attacking everyone. You are an ANGRY person.

• Eldorado Co.February 23, 2014 - 8:51 am

Robert. your are correct. For instance in grade school you should have learned about sentence structure, capitalization and punctuation. You come off as someone with only a 3rd grade education. Half the time no one here even knows what the hell your talking about or trying to say. Your a person who should definitely post more links.

• pot to kettleFebruary 23, 2014 - 9:01 am

Eldo YOU'RE YOU'RE

• Robert D NollFebruary 23, 2014 - 9:08 am

pot to kettle,perfect,funny

• Fran DuchampFebruary 23, 2014 - 9:05 am

Robert...I disagree. I like your posts...you make me work for an answer. With texting and voice to text communication, the way we used to write is changing...along with the language itself. (Stanford has been stuying it for awhile.) Since I am working with the Dragon program...it is said that it will take months to learn "my voice" and once it does--it will not recognise anyone else...it would have to be reprogramed. Your posts are you. :) Just like my horrible typing is mine.

• Fran DuchampFebruary 23, 2014 - 9:10 am

El Dorado good morning. We all make mistakes, "Your a person who should definitely post more links." I believe you want "your" to be "you are" or "you're"...could be wrong :) I win at the most mistakes--and im okay with that.

• Fran DuchampFebruary 23, 2014 - 9:11 am

Everyone play nice this morning :) BBL Fran

• Robert D NollFebruary 23, 2014 - 9:14 am

sounds great Fran,language has never been static

• Dee#1February 23, 2014 - 9:26 am

Cookie, Leftist also lack manners, compassion, logic, and indenpendence of thought.

• Who??? DeeneyFebruary 23, 2014 - 9:36 am

• Dee#1February 23, 2014 - 9:28 am

(Independence)

• James E.February 23, 2014 - 9:28 am

Eldorado Co., you whine about no reference sites yet I've looked back at your comments and I see that you have zero reference sites -- how do you explain? Or will you explain with a little rant that will have no reference site.

• James E.February 23, 2014 - 9:30 am

Oh, I do see one this AM. The first one?

• James E.February 23, 2014 - 9:36 am

Eldorado Co., your site is Mario Murillo Ministry???? Better you not list any sites if this is your standard.

• James E.February 23, 2014 - 9:39 am

Eldorado Co., facts from a preacher site. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

• James E.February 23, 2014 - 9:43 am

A factual site (the kind Eldorado Co. likes) from a preacher site. This illustrates the mind of Eldorado Co. Beware readers.

• Chickenhawk TedFebruary 23, 2014 - 9:56 am

EC, WIKI-"In a 1977 High Times article, Nugent stated that he took crystal meth and defecated in his pants in order to avoid being drafted into the Vietnam War. [1] Nugent reaffirmed this in a 1990 interview with Detroit Free Press, stating that "...a week before his physical, he stopped using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside his pants caked with excrement and urine." [2] In other interviews, Nugent has denied this claim, stating that he dodged the draft by enrolling at Oakland Community College to get a student deferment. However, his Selective Service classification record shows ratings of 1-Y and 4-F for 1969 and 1972 respectively, indicating ineligibility for military service under established physical, mental, or moral standards, rather than student deferment".

• James E.February 23, 2014 - 10:10 am

Chickenhawk Ted, those of us who served during that period have known about Ted Nugent -- I'm glad you are now revealing his patriotism to the readers so they can know the individual they are supporting. A despicable person both as regards his weeklong absence from a bathroom, but also his criminal behavior with underaged girls. So local Republicans, quite a representative for you. Stand in respect when he enters a room.

• Chickenhawk TedFebruary 23, 2014 - 10:28 am

You are quite welcome, and a respectful thank you for your service.

• Chickenhawk TedFebruary 23, 2014 - 10:15 am

EC, How about Courtneys’ own words? The Howard Stern Show - Part 5 Courtney Love 4-26-10.mp4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGha7pauSdw

• Eldorado Co.February 23, 2014 - 10:36 am

James E. You yourself post far more here than any other person on this site, many times more than even Fran. Since your counting links posted, can you give us just one example of a link you have ever posted to back up your B.S. Just one? Or, are you just a wind-bag with no verification? C'mon just name one and I'll go away, just one? Ever? Don't think so.

• Eldorado Co.February 23, 2014 - 10:45 am

P.S. James. You never answered my question to you yesterday in "denigration" about your 11:08 post where you wrote "Caucasian ladies probably don't mind being called Ape/Chimps and mongrels (since they aren't)". So, James, in your own words only Black Americans could be offended? Why's that James, did white people descend from Adam & Eve all the rest from Apes. Still waiting for an explanation. Maybe you just like to ask questions of others while never answering any questions

• James E.February 23, 2014 - 10:47 am

Eldorado Co., No, I have never cited a preacher site. HAHAHAHAHA. And, now I see you want me to comment on evolution versus intelligent design. What a fool you are. Just go away.

• James E.February 23, 2014 - 10:50 am

Eldorado Co., maybe you can get Cookie to debate evolution versus intelligent design. No, wait, you cannot as you are going away to read some more preacher sites -- HAHAHAHAHA, what a dork you are.

• Eldorado Co.February 23, 2014 - 11:02 am

"Caucasian ladies probably don't mind being called Ape/Chimps and mongrels (since they aren't)". Your words not mine. Your the one who brought up evolution not me. So, I rest my case!. it's now apparent to everyone that your just a crazy, bored old man trying to promote his sinking liberal agenda with no facts. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

• holy roller incFebruary 23, 2014 - 11:08 am

hallelujah Eldo rests her case.

• NicoletteFebruary 23, 2014 - 11:16 am

And what's your excuse?

• holy roller incFebruary 23, 2014 - 11:05 am

El do, ask god 100 questions and you'l get 150 comments from her and then you'l complain god takes up to much space. save all youre god questions for preecher mario and his 1st lady mechelle

• James E.February 23, 2014 - 11:17 am

Did ELDO (I like that) say something? No, guess it was just the wind. Someone said that El Dorado County is the West Virginia of the West and ELDO has come forward to prove it. A Hill William of the first order.

• FeverFebruary 23, 2014 - 11:31 am

James, I too want to take a minute to express my gratitude for your service. Has anyone on MD comments, ever thanked you for your service? If so, who? Just curious.

• James E.February 23, 2014 - 11:54 am

Fever, I don't know how other Vets feel about being told we are thanked for our service because I cannot speak for them. It's nice to hear, but I don't feel it's necessary -- I served, and continue to do so (a Regular Army officer can be recalled until the day he dies). However, if recalled it would have to my experienced military brain and not my ability to carry 150lbs for 20 miles. Those days are long gone. Nevertheless, thank you for your thoughts.

• cookie65February 23, 2014 - 12:06 pm

Chickenhawk, I am curious... I usually am.. With all you know about some guy who voiced his personal observations on this regime, tell me why you voted twice for a guy to be the leader of the free world who you can't name a single detail of from the time he was 16 to the time he was 30. Again I find your priorities somewhat disturbing. But you just keep thinking you are informed and by all means never question exactly what you are informed on.

• James E.February 23, 2014 - 12:19 pm

Cookie I know you are turning away from Ted Nugent in disgust, so you must now turn your gaze to the president. Why did I vote twice for President Obama and not once for Ted Nugent? Because on both voting occasions, I thought the president was a better choice than the Republican candidates. McCain screamed for defeat when he chose Sarah as the possible president of the United States should he have died or become unable to serve. As for Mitt, a corporate shill -- enough said. But, Cookie, just continue to applaud Ted to completely shred your reputation as a reasonable person.

• cookie65February 23, 2014 - 12:31 pm

Criticism of obama is supposed to be unheard of because of the protection wing of the leftists, their media. Now the standard granted to the left for criticism of anyone who disagrees with them is another story. Of course, we all no what the left was depending on to protect obama from criticism. It is the first, middle and last card they play. The desire for the beast to be finally granted her entitlement comes with the same symbolic protection.

• KellyFebruary 23, 2014 - 8:00 pm

First of all New Guy the only thing you have posted is to attack me so practice what you preach. And when you are on these threads you tend to star posting about what other people are saying. And if you don't like it don't read it. I can post whatever I want. Even if it is about all the young black men being murdered in Florida. I have freedom of speech. And Eldo I'm sorry I will not condemn you cause I don't think you're (take note of that not your) playing with a full deck.

Goodbye LUPPU, hello LRPU

By Chris Daley | From Page: A1, 4 Comments

Past due state taxes bring arrest

By Cole Mayer | From Page: A1, 8 Comments

Sanford trial: Prosecution, defense rest

Woman, dog back from Oso

By Wendy Schultz | From Page: A1, 8 Comments | Gallery

DA candidate to remain on ballot

Dog talk with Uncle Matty: Benji and the Bickersons

By Matthew Margolis | From Page: A10

Lew Uhler backs Ranalli

By News Release | From Page: A14, 6 Comments

CPCSD seat unfilled

District 4 candidate

Open meetings

Volunteers and homeless camps

Bicycle events and traffic control

Evacuation

First and goal: Bunt etiquette

By Mike Bush | From Page: A11

Oak Ridge suffers tough 2-1 setback

By Mike Bush | From Page: A11

Jennings wins national title

By Democrat Staff | From Page: A11, 1 Comment | Gallery

Savannah Stephens can swing the bat

King of the West roars into Placerville

Roundup: April 17, 2014

Plantastic sale this Saturday

Things to do: April 18, 2014

By Democrat Calendar | From Page: B2

Spring art brightens government center

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B2 | Gallery

Temple Kol Shalom hosts Passover Seder

By News Release | From Page: B3

Student art featured for Third Saturday

By News Release | From Page: B3

Time out: A grand time at Grand China

By Earle Camembert | From Page: B3 | Gallery

Promenade in high style

By Historic Old Sacramento | From Page: B4

Sac State Presents ‘Gypsy’

By California State Unversity, Sacramento | From Page: B4

Friday nights are engaging at the de Young

By Fine Arts | From Page: B5

Hats On For the Kids raises money for children

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B6

See what is inside the vault

By Center For Sacramento History | From Page: B6

Eggstravaganza

By Fairytale Town | From Page: B6

Gallery tips a hat to Dr. Seuss

By Democrat Staff | From Page: B7

Museum presents ‘Diesel Days’

By California State Railroad Museum | From Page: B7

Cal Stage presents a season of challenging productions

By California Stage | From Page: B8

A Couple of Blaguards tell tales

By Harris Center for the Arts | From Page: B9

America’s ClayFest II celebrates a rich history

By Blue Line Arts | From Page: B14

Fine Arts Museums feature two shows

By Fine Arts | From Page: B15

See wildflowers on train ride

By Railtown | From Page: B15

Easter at Northstar is family friendly

By Northstar California | From Page: B15