A Car Cruise over Echo Summit, South Lake Tahoe, is Saturday, Aug. 25.
The one-day caravan begins and ends at Crowne Plaza Hotel Sacramento Northeast (formerly Holiday Inn Sacramento), 5321 Date Ave. in Sacramento.
The departure is at 9 a.m. sharp. Participants should arrive 15 minutes early.
The return time is early evening.
On this cruise, you will see:
• historic 1915 Gold Creek Bridge on Orangevale Avenue in Sacramento
• historic town of Folsom
• original highway alignments on Placerville Road and White Rock Road
• original 14-foot wide paving on Old Bass Lake Road
• historic gold-rush buildings along Mother Lode Road
• 1914 Weber Creek Bridge on Forni Road
• historic downtown Placerville
• Sierra Nevada foothills on U.S. 50
• original highway alignments on Carson Road and on the Pony Express Trail Road from Camino to Pollock Pines
• historic marker for the Great Stage Coach Robbery of 1864
• stone ruins at Pacific House
• Bridalveil Falls
• site of historic Riverton Bridge
• upper Sierra Nevada on U.S. 50 through Riverton, White Hall, Kyburz, Strawberry and Twin Bridges
• vistas of Sierra Nevada rushing rivers and waterfalls in the early summer
• original highway alignment over Echo Summit on Johnson Pass Road
• lodge at Echo Summit and its vista of the Lake Tahoe basin
• original pine-tree-lined Pioneer Trail
• shore of beautiful Lake Tahoe at Stateline, Nev.
The return trip to Sacramento will be on U.S. 50.
Advance registration is required. To sign up visit lincolnhighwayassoc.org/ca/cruises/.