The Mother Lode Union School District announces that it will begin accepting kindergarten registration for the 2014-15 school year as follows:
Thank you for reading the MtDemocrat.com digital edition. In order to continue reading this story please choose one of the following options.
If you are a current subscriber and wish to obtain access to MtDemocrat.com, please select the Subscriber Verification option below. If you already have a login, please select "Login" at the lower right corner of this box.
Special Introductory Offer
For a short time we will be offering a discount to those who call us in order to obtain access to MtDemocrat.com and start your print subscription. Our customer support team will be standing by Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm to assist you.
If you are not a current subscriber and wish not to take advantage of our special introductory offer, please select the $12 monthly option below to obtain access to MtDemocrat.com and start your online subscription
Registration packets can be picked up at the school offices beginning Monday, Jan. 27 and completed packets will be accepted on and after Monday, Feb. 3.
In order to register your child for kindergarten next year, your child must be 5 years of age on or before Sept. 1.
The following items are required to complete the registration process:
1. Your child’s original birth certificate
2. An immunization record that has been initialed or stamped by the physician’s office supplying the appropriate dates
3. Proof of residency in the Mother Lode Union School district (i.e. utility bill, rental agreement, escrow papers, etc.)
4. A health examination done no earlier than six months prior to the start of kindergarten (i.e., before Aug. 1, 2014) and recorded on the state approved form P.M.171A
5. Proof of dental examination (i.e., dental check-up between Aug. 1, 2013- Aug. 1, 2014) required by California law, Education Code Section 49452.8
Transitional kindergarten is the first year of a two-year kindergarten program that utilizes a modified kindergarten curriculum that is age and developmentally appropriate. Pursuant to law, EC 48000[c], a child is eligible for transitional kindergarten if a child will have his or her fifth birthday between Sept. 2 and Dec. 2.
All other requirements are the same as a kindergarten registration as listed.
Mother Lode District requires these forms prior to the first day of school. Your child will not be assigned a teacher and placed in a class until Mother Lode District has obtained the necessary forms showing that your child’s health examination, dental examination and immunizations are current.
Interdistrict transfers will be gladly accepted on a space available basis.
For further information on kindergarten registration contact Indian Creek School at 530-626-0765. Spanish translators are available.