Kiwanis Club of Placerville and Imagination Theater are working together to help eliminate
maternal/neonatal tetanus in third world countries
The Eliminate Project is Kiwanis International’s global campaign to help eliminate maternal/neonatal tetanus from the face of the earth. The campaign will raise $110 million for the project.
Quick facts about the disease
• One baby dies every 9 minutes from tetanus
• 160 babies die each day from tetanus
• Maternal/neonatal tetanus has been eliminated from more than 20 countries since 2000
• A series of three doses of tetanus vaccine is needed for immunity from tetanus
• Vaccinating women protects babies
• $1.80 protects one woman and her future babies
• The Eliminate Project saves or protects 61 million women and babies
• Elimination equals fewer cases of maternal/neonatal tetanus per 1,000 live births
Kiwanis Club of Placerville and Imagination Theater are doing their part to help eliminate this deadly but highly preventable disease that kills mothers and newborns in the world’s poorest regions.
To raise funds Imagination Theater will be donating all proceeds from tickets sales of the Friday, April 18 performance of “You Can’t Take It With You” to Kiwanis Club of Placerville. Showtime is 7 p.m.
Kiwanis Club and Imagination Theater are partnering to raise $10,000 over the next 15 months. Imagination Theater will dedicate proceeds from one performance over the next five shows. By raising $10,000, 5,000 babies will be saved from dying of this very painful disease.
The community is invited to help with this important campaign and to make reservations for the April 18 show.
Just go to imaginationtheater.net or call the box office at 530-642-0404 to purchase tickets to see “You Can’t Take It With You,” the Pulitzer Prize winning play by Kaufman and Hart. It is a comedic three-act production taking place in the mid-1930s. It tells the story of what happens when a family of conservatives clashes with an eccentric family of free spirits.
Imagination Theater is located on the El Dorado County Fairgrounds, 100 Placerville Drive in Placerville.