The summer hiking season has taken off. Tahoe’s beautiful wildflowers are in full bloom and the peaks and vistas are just spectacular! There’s no better way to enjoy the wonders of the Tahoe Rim Trail than to join one of the Tahoe Rim Trail Association’s free guided hikes this summer.
These hikes are for all abilities and ages (shorter hikes are most appropriate for kids). Discover this fun and easy way to exercise, socialize, and visit beautiful vistas during the summer months in the Tahoe Basin.
You must register in advance for these summer hikes. Online registration is now required for all TRTA programs and can be completed on the TRTA website at tahoerimtrail.org. For more information please email Kelly at email@example.com or call 775-298-0231.
Full list of summer hikes:
· July 17: Wildflower Hike – Barker Pass – 5 miles (TRTA members only)
· July 20: Deuter and Tahoe Mountain Sports Pack Testing Trek – 6 miles
· August 3: Birds, Views, and Falls Hike with TINS – 6.5 miles
· August 14: Deuter and Tahoe Mountain Sports Pack Testing Trek – 6 miles
· August 18: Van Sickle Bi-State Park Hike – 3 miles
· August 20: Peak of the Rim Full Moon Hike – 10.1 miles (TRTA members only)
· August 24/25: Backpacking 101 – Gray Lake
· September 7: Tahoe Meadows to Lake Tahoe/Diamond Peak Vista Point – 6 miles
· September 19: Full Moon Hike – 3 miles (TRTA members only)
· September 20: Peak of the Rim Full Moon Hike – 10.1 miles (TRTA members only)
· September 21: Mark Twain Hike – tbd